I want to understand why this difference

in Ranger

Posted by: Ardashir.3684

Ardashir.3684

I have a ranger glasscannon that statistics is the same as a warrior if not higher level of critical.
I just want to understand why I do not pass 4k peaks while the war can do well 23k??
I have 17k life … kills me with one shot … it’s absurd

watch the video … it’s shocking!

http://youtu.be/Ru_rXq2LYg0

in Ranger

Posted by: Unspecified.9142

Unspecified.9142

1) Pet
2) Burst Vs. Sustained DPS
3) Utility

Not saying they are necessarily good reasons, but those are the reasons.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ardashir.3684

Ardashir.3684

yes ok, animal, utilities etc etc … but when you do 24k damage with 1 shot you do not need to much all the other things …

in Ranger

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

yes ok, animal, utilities etc etc … but when you do 24k damage with 1 shot you do not need to much all the other things …

Eeeeeeeeeeh I think I’ll take my defensive utilities and sustained DPS over a single shot which has a 1.75s cast time, roots you as you cast it, and can be dodged.

Not to say Killshot sucks. It does big damage. But as with everything, it has its pros and cons.

in Ranger

Posted by: Nashaan.3160

Nashaan.3160

Kill shot is easy to avoid, as soon as the warrior kneels down count to 1 and dodge roll. Technically to get the highest damage from kill shot its not 1 shot, they need to put bleeding on you (autoattack) and vulnerability before doing kill shot to maximise the damage. They also need full adrenaline to hit for decent damage.
Having said that I’ve never hit that high on my warrior, I think 12k is my highest but she also isn’t a glass cannon.
As Ursan said, rangers have sustained DPS, tho I would be lying if every time I used kill shot or hundred blades on my warrior, or unload on my thief I didn’t have a pang of jealousy for my ranger and a tiny wish that we had a channelled skill which did the same kind of damage lol.
But I guess its all swings and roundabouts, we have a pet that chases other players and does no damage because it can’t hit a moving target /sarcasm off lol

in Ranger

Posted by: Jay.3415

Jay.3415

Eeeeeeeeeeh I think I’ll take my defensive utilities and sustained DPS over a single shot which has a 1.75s cast time, roots you as you cast it, and can be dodged.

Not to say Killshot sucks. It does big damage. But as with everything, it has its pros and cons.

I think id rather do dmg guess we all disagree.

in Ranger

Posted by: Savoth.5721

Savoth.5721

To dodge Warrior rifle burst (kill shot):
Dodge roll a second after the Warrior takes a knee.
To dodge ranger sustained DPS (arrows & pets):
List lazily to the left (this guy knows some maneuvers).

80 Necro / 80 Ranger / 80 Thief / 80 Guardian

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Burst is what wins PvP and thus why the Ranger is frowned upon in PvP. This class desperately needs an execute move. Put it on the longbow, make it channeled and root, and call it killshot

in Ranger

Posted by: Sleepy.2647

Sleepy.2647

Rolf, again that video.

To begin with, that video was made hitting glass cannon targets and probably upgraded 80’s for the most part and during the trait bug which caused pierced targets to receive much more damage.