If we can't have burst. Let us have cake.

in Ranger

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Or in this case sustained damage.

We can pretty much see from the patch today that ranger simply won’t be allowed to have reliable burst damage. The reason being that our “burst” comes from a combination of our own weapon damage and our pets damage occuring simultaneously. Rapid fire+spike barrage for example. Or CA 5 + smoke assault.

Steadily but surely though our burst from our only 2 reliable pets has steadily been dropped down. And we have reached a point that I am concerned about.

Our burst is now low enough that other classes can soak it. Which means it is no longer effective burst. Our burst can also be unreliable at times. Which means it is no longer something we can count on in the heat of combat such as PvP and WvW.

Which is a problem. Because our sustained damage isn’t exactly great in either damage OR reliability.

Our damage boosting traits rely on gimmicks. Our damaging weapons have either recently lost damage or been left behind in the meta. Our defensive weapons no longer keep up with the demand placed on them.

So my suggestion is this. If we can’t be burst fighters due to the nature of the game and your balancing preferences. Please allow us to be sustain fighters.

Rework marksmanship towards enabling us to actually land our hits.

For example change Remorseless to be “All attacks are unblockable when you attack your target from behind” This enables us to pierce through the massive amount of projectile destruction and reflection in the game. But confines it behind a positioning requirment that doesn’t assist us as much in 1v1s. In other words it is primarily a team fighting mechancic. Something we desperately need.

Give our other traitlines abilities that help our freedom of movement. Our soft CC’s don’t even matter in the current game anymore kitten many people have ways to either ignore the effects of them or make sure we can’t capitalize on them. I don’t see why we should be forced to take druid to gain even half the same level of freedom of movement. Last I checked avoiding being tied down was critical for a ranger to survive. Which is why almost every ranger on the planet runs druid now.

If we can’t be allowed reliable and decent levels of burst damage. Then we need sustained damage and the ability to actually utilize it.

Longbow is accidentally negated. Greatsword does pitiful long term damage. Sword and its partners lack the defense we need to survive using it and sword no longer has the damage needed to counter pressure another melee user. Axe is lol. Staff is a support weapon. We don’t have a reliable damage option for PvP. Edit: And I completely forgot shortbow even exists!

We need improvements to our ability to land damage through the massive plethora of counters that exist in the game. If we can’t do that. And if the pattern of the last few months with druid continues. We will be relegated to bunker roles where we can safely be ignored in team fights until the other side is ready to bother killing us. The only other option is giving us reliable burst. And we have been shown repeatedly that isn’t allowed.

Edit: removed some obnoxiousness form my post.

Ghost Yak

(edited by Shadelang.3012)

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Careful. Anet might just stop reading at the title and change our Longbow to fire cakes. x)

On topic, though, I bet Anet is having a good laugh. Though, suggestions like the one quoted below are probably making them laugh harder.

For example change Remorseless to be “All attacks are unblockable when you attack your target from behind”

Remember: Roy’s lead now since Peters left. We aren’t getting anything good from here on out.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Shadelang.3012

Careful. Anet might just stop reading at the title and change our Longbow to fire cakes. x)

On topic, though, I bet Anet is having a good laugh. Though, suggestions like the one quoted below are probably making them laugh harder.

For example change Remorseless to be “All attacks are unblockable when you attack your target from behind”

Remember: Roy’s lead now since Peters left. We aren’t getting anything good from here on out.

Yeah. Unfortunately thats kind of what we need. Either that or for 40% of the projectile hate in the game to magically vanish in thin air and I don’t see THAT happening anytime soon.

Due to our pets we can’t be reliable sustained melee dpsers in PvP. So our only option for long term damage is ranged. And our only ranged dps weapon is negated accidentally by….just about everyone.

Ghost Yak

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

good lord roys in charge , we already proved to him he over nurfed Heal as one and then he messed it up again , then finaly adding a duration lock to the skill which finaly balanced things out .

he better be realisticly testing these changes not just vs a dummy and not looking at the dps count (with a red neck look Oh that looks good that’ll do)

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

You know what I find rather ironic in all of this? There are a few on this forum who are just better players. I mean above average. You can trait the way you want, you play any class, all with equal skill. You are just better, you know what I mean?

And then you see these patch notes, say ok, yeah, I’m freaking upset and don’t agree. But you charge on. Now the rest of the world is saying YEAH,kittenDruids, take that man! And we are like, yeah – this totally blows. But you guys and gals, you know who you are, are like this won’t stop me, bring it on.

And the bodies start to hit the floor. Come on, sing it with me community.

Beaten why for (why for)
Can’t take much more
(Here we go, here we go, here we go)

One – Nothing wrong with me
Two – Nothing wrong with me
Three – Nothing wrong with me
Four – Nothing wrong with me

At each cadence you are finishing a player off. Smiling the whole time with this tune in the back of your head. When the dust settles and the corpses that stayed behind refusing to acknowledge what happened (WTF I THOUGHT A.NET NURFED YOU GUYS) you put the icing on the cake and deploy siege or throw toilet paper on them.

Wish I was one of you all and I’m the first to say there are many many better players and I just get beat. It is why I play, the challenge. The fun. The friendly and respectful banter. Meet many a good in-game player across servers this way.

Arena Net – I don’t need you to balance the class based on player population perceptions. I need you to balance it around factual data you store in your databases. And if you balance that way then don’t be shy and present the data so we can say yeah, the data doesn’t lie…

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Ranger

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

^Can confirm, Shadelang is a solid druid.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Ranger

Shadelang.3012

Thank you for saying so. Though the events of the last 24 hours makes me doubt that haha. If I was as good as I thought I was I would have found a way to make my build work.

But so far the most effectiveness I have found with my shout build has actually been to give up druid entirely in favor of MM NM and BM with a paladins amulet and soldier runes. GS/LB

It feels like its too dangerous to try and perform a close engage so I fell back on the old sniper roll. Still testing it out against various builds but so far I am hopeful. If it works out I may try to advertise it for rangers/druids that want to avoid going bunker. It has more counters than the previous build did though its tanky enough it can survive for a bit even if those counters are present. Cross your fingers >.<

Ghost Yak

in Ranger

Posted by: DoogySnowStalker.2069

DoogySnowStalker.2069

You know what I find rather ironic in all of this? There are a few on this forum who are just better players. I mean above average. You can trait the way you want, you play any class, all with equal skill. You are just better, you know what I mean?

And then you see these patch notes, say ok, yeah, I’m freaking upset and don’t agree. But you charge on. Now the rest of the world is saying YEAH,kittenDruids, take that man! And we are like, yeah – this totally blows. But you guys and gals, you know who you are, are like this won’t stop me, bring it on.

And the bodies start to hit the floor. Come on, sing it with me community.

Beaten why for (why for)
Can’t take much more
(Here we go, here we go, here we go)

One – Nothing wrong with me
Two – Nothing wrong with me
Three – Nothing wrong with me
Four – Nothing wrong with me

At each cadence you are finishing a player off. Smiling the whole time with this tune in the back of your head. When the dust settles and the corpses that stayed behind refusing to acknowledge what happened (WTF I THOUGHT A.NET NURFED YOU GUYS) you put the icing on the cake and deploy siege or throw toilet paper on them.

Wish I was one of you all and I’m the first to say there are many many better players and I just get beat. It is why I play, the challenge. The fun. The friendly and respectful banter. Meet many a good in-game player across servers this way.

Arena Net – I don’t need you to balance the class based on player population perceptions. I need you to balance it around factual data you store in your databases. And if you balance that way then don’t be shy and present the data so we can say yeah, the data doesn’t lie…

Crawling in my skin
This orange will not peel

Is a Warrior just a pet without a Ranger?

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

We’re not getting any buffs. These nerfs make no sense, and aren’t going anywhere till next season, if even that. This is what we put up with for 4 years; they gave us a glimmer of hope and then obliterated it update after brutal update. Let’s not forget the previous update also removed S&R from the game again, shortly after it became viable for the first time in the game’s history.

I really wish anet would make a statement on why they hate rangers so much. Someone and I have no idea if this is Roy or if he even works on balance (I was under the impression he did not, but I don’t know) just does not understand rangers or PvP at all, and/or has an irrational dislike towards rangers.

Tens of thousands of their players enjoy rangers, and anet has tried diligently for 4 years to put an end to that with no explanation.

And still kitten , revenants have been barely touched. So many this is Roy afterall.

in Ranger

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

“Roy does not giveth and Roy only taketh away.” -The Holy Nerf Book.

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Roy gaveth us the one true profession, revenant.

There are some definite similarities to a demi-god in that profession…

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Lol, good one! +1

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

I don’t really see a huge difference. I’m still doing extremely well in the spvp/wvw solo roamer setting with my shout tropper power build. I’ve played Ranger since inception, sure we have taken nerfs but I just keep soldiering on.

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Ranger

StickerHappy.8052

Thank you for saying so. Though the events of the last 24 hours makes me doubt that haha. If I was as good as I thought I was I would have found a way to make my build work.

But so far the most effectiveness I have found with my shout build has actually been to give up druid entirely in favor of MM NM and BM with a paladins amulet and soldier runes. GS/LB

It feels like its too dangerous to try and perform a close engage so I fell back on the old sniper roll. Still testing it out against various builds but so far I am hopeful. If it works out I may try to advertise it for rangers/druids that want to avoid going bunker. It has more counters than the previous build did though its tanky enough it can survive for a bit even if those counters are present. Cross your fingers >.<

Link me the build, I will try to help you tweak it.

in Ranger

Shadelang.3012

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATRnUqA9Ci1CCuCCctgh9gav9A4s/44IeaP4LikvEpfG-TZhFABAcIAG4CAwwTAo/yADt/AA

This is what I have started running. Its very close to one of the old power ranger builds and the playstyle is the same. The biggest change are the utilities I chose to run and the runes/amulet. I ended up going for paladins because it gives us a better spread of stats considering our competition. (Enables you to better handle vault spam thieves or condi players). And also because of weapon scaling for rangers ferocity is almost pointless for short term fighting

Biggest weakness are condi players. It can go toe to toe with a scrapper but it is reccomended to make use of your ranged nature against against condi builds unless you know how to dodge key condition applications.

I originally wanted to take wilderness knowledge. But I underestimated how much the damage loss from hte birstleback and smokescale hurt us and I realized that most builds out their were able to simply stand in my attacks without showing any sign of danger. So ultimately I went for marksmanship. I took piercing shots in order to be able to shoot through mesmer clones and necromancer “Rise” minions as well as for some much needed down cleave.

Clarion bond gives us near permanent fury uptime if used with other skills. Making it a no brainer as far as damage boosts go.

I went for might stacking sigils on the longbow in order to provide buffs for both myself and my pet through nature magic. Unfortunately Fire and Air sigils didn’t do enough for me to justify using them so I went for strength/battle because shout ranger is VERY good at manipulating/magnifying the effects of might stacks.

Out of everything I have tried in the last 24+ hours this is the best so far. Still working on it but aside from taking a menders amulet and falling back to the bunker role I am not sure how many other options we have with our current level of damage.

Ghost Yak

in Ranger

Crapgame.6519

^^ I may give it a spin. Thank you.

May even try to adapt it in WvW since I’m at a loss now what to run. I’m one of the abusers I guess who ran with very heavy armor and healing accessories and managed my pet(s). Just not sure how I can use my celestial armor or if it would work.

in Ranger

Furajir.3815

This is what I run in wvw solo roam, I have no trouble killing anything at all, even most 1v2’s are a joke unless they are well played thieves. Staff is too good to give up. Same with Druid.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJARWnUqA1Ci9CCOsActglOB7pFEqWYO9tAQhDelGT3pA-TlRJwA1V/BwjAg2+D3U+x9KAYUJIpACcqF-w

RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Ranger

StickerHappy.8052

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATRnUqA9Ci1CCuCCctgh9gav9A4s/44IeaP4LikvEpfG-TZhFABAcIAG4CAwwTAo/yADt/AA

This is what I have started running. Its very close to one of the old power ranger builds and the playstyle is the same. The biggest change are the utilities I chose to run and the runes/amulet. I ended up going for paladins because it gives us a better spread of stats considering our competition. (Enables you to better handle vault spam thieves or condi players). And also because of weapon scaling for rangers ferocity is almost pointless for short term fighting

Biggest weakness are condi players. It can go toe to toe with a scrapper but it is reccomended to make use of your ranged nature against against condi builds unless you know how to dodge key condition applications.

I originally wanted to take wilderness knowledge. But I underestimated how much the damage loss from hte birstleback and smokescale hurt us and I realized that most builds out their were able to simply stand in my attacks without showing any sign of danger. So ultimately I went for marksmanship. I took piercing shots in order to be able to shoot through mesmer clones and necromancer “Rise” minions as well as for some much needed down cleave.

Clarion bond gives us near permanent fury uptime if used with other skills. Making it a no brainer as far as damage boosts go.

I went for might stacking sigils on the longbow in order to provide buffs for both myself and my pet through nature magic. Unfortunately Fire and Air sigils didn’t do enough for me to justify using them so I went for strength/battle because shout ranger is VERY good at manipulating/magnifying the effects of might stacks.

Out of everything I have tried in the last 24+ hours this is the best so far. Still working on it but aside from taking a menders amulet and falling back to the bunker role I am not sure how many other options we have with our current level of damage.

First lemme tell you this:

Soldier Runes are really subpar for ranger shouts, Our shouts are all over 15 seconds cd, you are not maximizing condition removal at all. Which promotes spamming shouts then in turn becomes unskilled play.

MM is meh too. I would just go NM BM Druid with LB/GS.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATRnUqAVsg1CCuCCctglOBz5vFAKcPtgBwCDelGT3plI9zA-TZRGAB8XGo8jAgCPCA03fAgLAAA

This is my take on your build.

I removed MM.

Put Druid for mass condi clear, sustain, stealth and That ancient seeds proc with LB 4 for kiting and decaps or caps.

Now you wonder, you lose damage with losing MM.

I replaced it with High Quickness uptime for you and your pet. Easy 25 might stacks for you and pet.

High protection uptime now with Protect me and and Protective ward, Perma regen as well and you still get fury from GS.

This is all you and the pet. Your pets will be hitting so fast and you too because I changed the amy to demolisher. that +560 ferocity man that Paladin doesn’t have.

Now low HP right? I added Sotw for more sustain together with Perma regen and Protection that enables you to enter druid form every cd = more sustain.

you basically have 50% boon duration on this build. I removed the battle sigils because you have so much boon duration even swapping and might sigil + your heal will easily
get you to 25.

Outnumbered? Disengage with stealth via LB 3 and celestial shadow.

Condition removal sources are Druidic Clarity, AF 2, AoE 2 conditions converted with Leadership runes (very good synergy with low CD of Rao)

The quickness uptime is atleast maybe 50% in an active fight.

Another important thing is SotW gives you 5 stacks of stability for 20 second!! very good for stomping, healing, cleaving ressing.

Not to mention the Sic Em + SotW combo on top of a quickness,might, fury infused pet.

(edited by StickerHappy.8052)

in Ranger

Shadelang.3012

First lemme tell you this:

Soldier Runes are really subpar for ranger shouts, Our shouts are all over 15 seconds cd, you are not maximizing condition removal at all. Which promotes spamming shouts then in turn becomes unskilled play.

MM is meh too. I would just go NM BM Druid with LB/GS.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATRnUqAVsg1CCuCCctglOBz5vFAKcPtgBwCDelGT3plI9zA-TZRGAB8XGo8jAgCPCA03fAgLAAA

This is my take on your build.

I removed MM.

Put Druid for mass condi clear, sustain, stealth and That ancient seeds proc with LB 4 for kiting and decaps or caps.

Now you wonder, you lose damage with losing MM.

I replaced it with High Quickness uptime for you and your pet. Easy 25 might stacks for you and pet.

High protection uptime now with Protect me and and Protective ward, Perma regen as well and you still get fury from GS.

This is all you and the pet. Your pets will be hitting so fast and you too because I changed the amy to demolisher. that +560 ferocity man that Paladin doesn’t have.

Now low HP right? I added Sotw for more sustain together with Perma regen and Protection that enables you to enter druid form every cd = more sustain.

you basically have 50% boon duration on this build. I removed the battle sigils because you have so much boon duration even swapping and might sigil + your heal will easily

Outnumbered? Disengage with stealth via LB 3 and celestial shadow.

Condition removal sources are Druidic Clarity, AF 2, AoE 2 conditions converted with Leadership runes (very good synergy with low CD of Rao)

Ultimately my runes and utility set are my own personnel choice. If you have seen my other posts you know I have been running shouts from very early in the game. The condi clear is NOT to get rid of things like bleeds,burning. I generally attempt to avoid getting hit by those in the first place. I use them to get rid of weakness and chill.

Your build is very close to the one I ran before. And it had extreme flaws. One the arrows do not pierce. Meaning when fighting condi mesmers and necros a VERY large number of your attacks are blocked by various AI. And in team fights it is very easy to lose the ability to hit the target your focusing.

I ran druid before entirely for Lunar Impact, Druidic Clarity, and Celestial Shadow. Lunar Impact was nerfed and I had to question the tradeoff on the rest of my skills for that. And the mushrooms were nerfed lowering my ability to assit in team fights where my arrows were blocked/reflected.

I avoid boon procs that I don’t have direct control over. Largely because having quickness or stolen is extremely dangerous. So instinctive reaction took a side line for the more reliable damage boost of bountiful hunter.

Unfortunately hte classes I most need to kite are verrifiable immune to ancient seeds or can get out of it very quickly if they manage there cooldowns correctly. So it was always a secondary mechanic to me.

As I said I have run an EXTREMELY similar build to what you suggest for hte last 3-4 months. Unfortunately it has fallen behind due to the fact that it can no longer engage in close quarters in the current meta due to the lessened condi removal. With that in mind I chose to instead make what damage I new DID work more reliable with high fury uptime and piercing.

Your build will work for most people. And it offers reasonable sustain. But the key things that make it strong can be countered by the composition of your opponents. Which means its effectiveness can be based on luck as well which I don’t like.

While the leadership runes are interesting. It does mean that when you do get that chill or weakness on you that is crippling your ability to deal damage. You have to pop a major cooldown (CA) to get rid of it. Which is dangerous because then you won’t have it when its necessary. That is in part why I still chose to run trooper runes. You would also be suprised how much dps your pet loses because chill prevents its cooldowns from cycling properly. Also because of weakness.

Trooper runes cleanses you and your pet simultaneously. Which is why I still use them despite the fact that they don’t affect team mates.

Edit: Also the issue with demolishers amulet is that ferocity doesn’t increase our dmg as much as it does other classes. Also due to its low HP if you DO get bombed while CA is on cooldown you WILL die to condi overload. You simply don’t have the health pool to wait for it to come off cooldown. Meaning avoiding the burst entirely is optimal thus making ht ability to condi dump irrelevant.

Edit: Note that your build would be better for coordinated teams where other players can cover for any weaknesses when necessary. But I primarily solo que. Meaning a self reliant build is mandatory as I simply can’t expect my team mates to be able to help me out. So I typically run builds that aren’t reliant on the performance of my team mates if I can help it.

Ghost Yak

in Ranger

StickerHappy.8052

@Shadelang

Ah, solo q. Okay.

Can you outline the stuff you want in a build? So I can make better adjustments.

in Ranger

Crapgame.6519

I was going to suggest runes of durability due to shouts…then L2R ( ) and see you are talking about sPvP Yoke is on me – lol.

in Ranger

Shadelang.3012

@Shadelang

Ah, solo q. Okay.

Can you outline the stuff you want in a build? So I can make better adjustments.

Self Reliance. Reliable Sustained ranged damage that is difficult to outheal. The ability to delay a losing 1v1 even against a counter class. Fury and Might uptime. The ability to make good use of the pet more than (Okay come back. Okay attack). The ability to sustain the pet while it is active through boon support when necessary. And freedom of movement.

Edit: And I wasn’t joking about the ability to get rid of chill and weakness. Those to debuffs absolutely SHAFT our damage. Chill because our damage is burst based. Weakness becuase it prevents our burst from properly functioning.

Ghost Yak

in Ranger

StickerHappy.8052

@Shadelang

Ah, solo q. Okay.

Self Reliance. Reliable Sustained ranged damage that is difficult to outheal. The ability to delay a losing 1v1 even against a counter class. Fury and Might uptime. The ability to make good use of the pet more than (Okay come back. Okay attack). The ability to sustain the pet while it is active through boon support when necessary. And freedom of movement.

But LB is mandatory right?

in Ranger

Shadelang.3012

I was going to suggest runes of durability due to shouts…then L2R ( ) and see you are talking about sPvP Yoke is on me – lol.

Durability runes are good u.u I would use them in WvW if it wasn’t for prevalence of frost aura I have to deal with.

Ghost Yak

in Ranger

Shadelang.3012

@Shadelang

Ah, solo q. Okay.

Not mandatory. But staff simply doesn’t have the damage output to prevent being outhealed.

Edit: I experimented with staff quite a bit. But even with 25 stacks of might I noticed that many of the builds I fought could quite easily deal with the damage output. And I relied entirely on pet bursts to deal relevant damage.

Edit 2: You did give me an idea with other rune combos though I have a list of ones im gonna try with different amulets and see if any can solve the weaknesses ive been seeing. If they can I may go back to running druid.

Edit:3 (instead of making a new post and just bumping my own thread) I have noticed sword axe might be better for hte build I posted earlier. The reflect from whirling defense actually does a pretty good job of laying off some of warriors condi pressure. And it hits hard enough you can usually force an endure pain proc. Just an idea for anyone wanting to try something with base ranger.

Ghost Yak

in Ranger

Posted by: Johnny Whoa.8126

Johnny Whoa.8126

I have to agree with this thread. Playing Ranger of late is becoming a tiring experience. And I love Ranger. I played Ranger the entire time I played GW1, I’ve played it since the head start here in GW2, and these nerfs (or anti-ranged buffs) are making me want to delete mine.

Rangers are just worthless at this point in pvp. So many classes have so many abilities to just completely destroy our capacity to use ranged attacks. Near constant blocks, reflects or flat out projectile destruction just make me sit there and go “yeah, no, kill me, have fun. I can’t stop you apparently.”

Even the classes that CAN’T accidentally destroy everything we can do can just power through it and ignore it in the current meta. Rangers are becoming a frighteningly underpowered class (not even touching on how much I hated Druid’s implementation; I did not zerk for 3 years to be a magical NURSE), and I hope to see this trend end soon :/

in Ranger

Furajir.3815

I have to agree with this thread. Playing Ranger of late is becoming a tiring experience. And I love Ranger. I played Ranger the entire time I played GW1, I’ve played it since the head start here in GW2, and these nerfs (or anti-ranged buffs) are making me want to delete mine.

Rangers are just worthless at this point in pvp. So many classes have so many abilities to just completely destroy our capacity to use ranged attacks. Near constant blocks, reflects or flat out projectile destruction just make me sit there and go “yeah, no, kill me, have fun. I can’t stop you apparently.”

Even the classes that CAN’T accidentally destroy everything we can do can just power through it and ignore it in the current meta. Rangers are becoming a frighteningly underpowered class (not even touching on how much I hated Druid’s implementation; I did not zerk for 3 years to be a magical NURSE), and I hope to see this trend end soon :/

So stop playing ranged. I play Gs/Staff and destroy. Adapt and overcome. I have tons of burst. Seriously, ya’ll act like the class is dead because we lost 1 condi cleanse, got a slight daze nerf, and pet nerfs.

(edited by Furajir.3815)

in Ranger

Wondrouswall.7169

It’s not dead, but it’s dying. You can keep spouting the same motivational thing you have been doing, or you can try to see the middle-ground.

Sure, some might be going overboard with the nerf, but rather than “adapt and overcome,” how about realizing that the balancing needs to be more balanced?

It’s just as tiring and equally worse when there is a failure to notice that, even though some builds are or can still work, diversity is being phased out. Rather than flexibility, choices are being narrowed.

Don’t take this as an offense, as it is not meant to be, but trucking on only does so much.

in Ranger

Furajir.3815

I’ve played Ranger since inception, yet here I am. Everyone just loves to cry. Could it be better? Sure. It’s been pretty clear for a looooooong time the devs don’t care nor listen to the community and it’s suggestions, the sooner you realize this and play the game for fun, the better off you’ll be.

in Ranger

StickerHappy.8052

@Shadelang

Ah, solo q. Okay.

Not mandatory. But staff simply doesn’t have the damage output to prevent being outhealed.

Edit: I experimented with staff quite a bit. But even with 25 stacks of might I noticed that many of the builds I fought could quite easily deal with the damage output. And I relied entirely on pet bursts to deal relevant damage.

Edit 2: You did give me an idea with other rune combos though I have a list of ones im gonna try with different amulets and see if any can solve the weaknesses ive been seeing. If they can I may go back to running druid.

Edit:3 (instead of making a new post and just bumping my own thread) I have noticed sword axe might be better for hte build I posted earlier. The reflect from whirling defense actually does a pretty good job of laying off some of warriors condi pressure. And it hits hard enough you can usually force an endure pain proc. Just an idea for anyone wanting to try something with base ranger.

Any updates?

in Ranger

Wondrouswall.7169

It’s been pretty clear for a looooooong time the devs don’t care nor listen to the community and it’s suggestions, the sooner you realize this and play the game for fun, the better off you’ll be.

This is actually wrong as of late. We might be receiving reductions after all this time, but they have listened to the community. Shout changes, revert on Smokescale, quality of life adjustments, etc.

Realize this, if anything; if you play, keep going, and don’t bring up suggestions and concerns, then nothing gets changes; for better or worse.

You seem to be doing fine, so keep playing and more power to you. As for everyone else, keep up the discussion and expressing your concerns and feedback.

in Ranger

StickerHappy.8052

It’s been pretty clear for a looooooong time the devs don’t care nor listen to the community and it’s suggestions, the sooner you realize this and play the game for fun, the better off you’ll be.

This is actually wrong as of late. We might be receiving reductions after all this time, but they have listened to the community. Shout changes, revert on Smokescale, quality of life adjustments, etc.

Realize this, if anything; if you play, keep going, and don’t bring up suggestions and concerns, then nothing gets changes; for better or worse.

You seem to be doing fine, so keep playing and more power to you. As for everyone else, keep up the discussion and expressing your concerns and feedback.

And post more suggestions.

in Ranger

Furajir.3815

Look at the Warrior forums. I mained Warrior since GW2 started with Druid on the side. Only 2 classes I’ve ever played. Countless threads and suggestions for class rebalance on Warriors. PDF documents, excel spreadsheets, graphs, the list goes on and on. The community literally in shambles and frustration for over a year, and never a response from a dev.

Then, out of ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the suggestions, great suggestions, by the community, what do they do?

They give us AH rework and still leave out weapon sets, bugs, etc etc to be fixed and left us with something to be desired. Shifting the meta YET AGAIN to stupid kitten lb/condi cheese.

Don’t sit here and try to blow smoke up my kitten .

IF they TRULY listened to the community, we wouldn’t see the constant flip flopping of the meta every season or every patch, there has never been balance. Never.

(edited by Furajir.3815)

in Ranger

Shadelang.3012

@Shadelang

Ah, solo q. Okay.

Any updates?

Swapped to Longbow, Sword/Axe and a marauders amulet. Whirling Defense is actually pretty amazing right now for forcing warriors off you if you get too close. I am also using Beastly Warden (an idea I got from someone else I can’t take credit for that decision) and its improved my sustain ALOT. There is alot less aoe stability in the meta and with protect me and beastly warden both up you can chain taunt if your careful.

I will say the evades on sword require MUCH better timing than the ones on greatsword or staff. But the damage of axe offhand is worth it I feel and sword auto even with its lower dps is still good damage.

Still running MM NM BM with full shouts and the same runes as before (Just havn’t found one that matches my needs quite as much)

Ghost Yak