If you could have one bow from GW1

in Ranger

Posted by: Ranglon Hoth.9706

Ranglon Hoth.9706

Title says it all. If you could have one bow in Guild Wars 2 that was in the original Guild Wars what would it be? Mine would be my old Storm Bow. I really miss that effect.
https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Storm_Bow

in Ranger

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!

in Ranger

Ranglon Hoth.9706

The first bow I ever used! Bonus weapons were awesome! Good call!

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

in Ranger

Posted by: Djahlat.9610

Djahlat.9610

I’d like to have the Zodiac bow. I know we have a Zodiac weapon set includes GW2, but i prefered their skin back in GW. That and the Storm Bow

in Ranger

Posted by: Chrury.4627

Chrury.4627

I’m not usually one for magical type bows, but for Celestial_Longbow I’d make an exception.

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Awe man I had forgotten about that one. That would fit my character so well. I also miss my silverwing

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I was always a fan of my Charrslayer Flatbow , and then my Dryad Recurve but i’m pretty sure the Dryad is in the game as a hall of monuments shortbow.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: Aleksander Suburb.4287

Aleksander Suburb.4287

Naga Longbow (dyed in blue )
https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Naga_Longbow

Guild Wars balancing concept: Never change a ruined system!

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Platinum Bow, Eternal Bow, and Amber Bow for sure.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

I’m not usually one for magical type bows, but for Celestial_Longbow I’d make an exception.

My pick too.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

in Ranger

Posted by: Bast Bow.2958

Bast Bow.2958

Chrury’s choice is same as mine.. Really liked the Celestial and had it for years.
Also liked Dryads

in Ranger

Posted by: shalywen.9548

shalywen.9548

It’s difficult to say only one bow, many of them were beautiful…Deldrimor, Amber, Feathered (the one I probably liked the most, especially dyed in white), Oppressor (yeah I know the model is the same used in gw2’s chaos bows, but I would like to see it in his original form), Charr, original Zodiac and Celestial…I would like to see them all return in gw2.

But like I said, Feathered would probably be my first choice

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Chrury’s choice is same as mine.. Really liked the Celestial and had it for years.
Also liked Dryads

Dryads is in GW2 though.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Living_Short_Bow

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Attachments:

(edited by Zenos Osgorma.2936)

in Ranger

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Loved my Silverwing and my Stormbow.

If I had to choose one I’d probably go with the Storm.

in Ranger

Posted by: emkelly.2371

emkelly.2371

I would pay gems for a guild wars 1 weapon skin pack.

in Ranger

Ranglon Hoth.9706

Thanks for listening to us ANET! I’m beyond happy to have my old bow back…I still love the idea of a classic weapons skin pack. I sincerely thank you though for all your hard work and effort you have put into the game over the past 4 years. It’s clear to see that you do listen to your community and do what you can.

Attachments:

in Ranger

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

Really? There were all these beautiful longbows and we are stuck with these crappy skins nowadays? Really devs?

ps: REALLY?

in Ranger

Ranglon Hoth.9706

Really? There were all these beautiful longbows and we are stuck with these crappy skins nowadays? Really devs?

ps: REALLY?

There are still lots of great bows in the game…I happen to love the Jade Dragon Hornbow, Royal Ascalonian Longbow, and Ebon Vanguard Longbow just to name a few. I don’t think it’s fair to say great skins aren’t already in the game. These are just nostalgic pieces we would like to see added. No need to be that harsh Alain. I’m not interested in having a war with you so this will be all I will say, but have a look through all the great bows that are currently in game and I’m sure you will find something that you like.

in Ranger

alain.1659

I have no desire to fight either, and thanks for your kind answer. I have already checked the longbows in the game but there are so few that I can like. I like realistic ones, so special effects do waste on me. And beautiful ones have a size issue in my opinion. Best and most frequently used ones for me are softwood, hardwood skins. Gallant seemed perfect but seems a little big-ish.

I really think gw1 bow skins should be included in gw2. Some of them are beautiful. And a little more care on skins would be wonderful. Sorry for my outburst, I have been looking for new bow skins and could not find any. So when I saw the old skin database from gw1, that post happened

in Ranger

Posted by: Barry Moonfang.6897

Barry Moonfang.6897

Still love the Silverwing Recurve Bow, this one must be my favorite bow of GW1. But I agree there are a lot of beautiful skins from GW1. Like the Bramble Longbow, or the original Zodiac Longbow.

(edited by Barry Moonfang.6897)

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

I have no desire to fight either, and thanks for your kind answer. I have already checked the longbows in the game but there are so few that I can like. I like realistic ones, so special effects do waste on me. And beautiful ones have a size issue in my opinion. Best and most frequently used ones for me are softwood, hardwood skins. Gallant seemed perfect but seems a little big-ish.

I really think gw1 bow skins should be included in gw2. Some of them are beautiful. And a little more care on skins would be wonderful. Sorry for my outburst, I have been looking for new bow skins and could not find any. So when I saw the old skin database from gw1, that post happened

So you want a longbow with a shortbow skin? For spmeone that claim likes the realistic ones: The longbow is big by definition https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longbow

i know shortbow is kinda bad, but if you like small bow that"s the size. Longbows are meant to be Big

Now: There are some skins that look good in a longbow not looking chunky like the aureate, white heart, dreamthristle, pirate crescent, vigils honor and so on… But they are not flashy.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

(edited by anduriell.6280)

in Ranger

alain.1659

I do not want a longbow with a shortbow skin. For a person who used recurved, long and compoun(hated this one later on) bows, I know the exact proportions and the feeling. Weapons in this game is not designed well enough for a character (at least mine) to seem realistic. They are either too long (like ancient chinese foot-bows) or too edgy to be useful. Only some recurved designs feel ok for me. There is not a single classic longbow in the game that I can say " yes, this is a longbow". At least I have not seen one. But maybe it is my own taste. I dislike most of the swords either

ps: It seems I am like a grumpy old man.

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

I do not want a longbow with a shortbow skin. For a person who used recurved, long and compoun(hated this one later on) bows, I know the exact proportions and the feeling. Weapons in this game is not designed well enough for a character (at least mine) to seem realistic. They are either too long (like ancient chinese foot-bows) or too edgy to be useful. Only some recurved designs feel ok for me. There is not a single classic longbow in the game that I can say " yes, this is a longbow". At least I have not seen one. But maybe it is my own taste. I dislike most of the swords either

ps: It seems I am like a grumpy old man.

Nah no worries we are people and we every single one like different things… My point being the Longbow actually is a LONGBOW. That means massive.

European Bow was more like a shortbow that could be used while riding a horse (arai empires) or a shortbow for the infantry before getting in melee fight (greek/romans).

Longbow as you know was used to break thru the full armor cavaliers as they armor was too thick for the normal bows (short bows) to have any chance to hit

Longbows wasn’t a japanese things only, i think british army used them quite extensively in the war of two roses (i think is was called that in english).

Longbows were quite useful as they are (more or less) in the game: Massive damage from long distance that could get thru thick cavalier armor. Not so useful in close range

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in Ranger

alain.1659

That is right, but this game has no difference between greatbow, warbow, and longbow (naturally, nobody would bother about those). Still it is quite refreshing to see people liking bows, and talking about them

in Ranger

Posted by: shalywen.9548

shalywen.9548

Longbows wasn’t a japanese things only, i think british army used them quite extensively in the war of two roses (i think is was called that in english).

Let’s say that they liked to kill first the scots, and then the french in the hundred years war, more than killing themselves with those wonderful (simple) longbows :P

in Ranger

Posted by: Lethal Njection.8741

Lethal Njection.8741

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Rotwing_Recurve_Bow

I wouldn’t mind seeing this again

I save Ascalon against another Charr invasion, and my father trifles with doors!