If you think RF is OP look here first

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

_Prove it._

Me: currently 60% PvP rank, will 1v1 you as a melee ranger while you LB me. No ability to attack you from LB range at all.

You: Confused about LB capabilities and strengths and weaknesses.

If your theory is I must be distracted first for this to work, sort of like how a scepter ele or pistol whip thief might take the opportunity to ambush you, feel free to suggest a 2 v 2 or so. You may choose the members of my team as long as they are a ranger forum regular we’ve heard of and not complete nubs, and will agree to join.

(edited by Fluffball.8307)

in Ranger

Posted by: Zefrost.3425

Zefrost.3425

Let me guess, you’re going to build specifically to counter longbow rangers using evade spam and possible striders defense?

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Let me guess, you’re going to build specifically to counter longbow rangers using evade spam and possible striders defense?

Absolutely not, I will use my typical melee builds that I have posted dozens of times on these forums. Either 2/0/6/6/0 or 0/0/6/2/6.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

I’ve been wrecking longbow rangers with my 0/4/0/4/6 BM build. It’s really not that difficult.

The match before this I was in a 2v3 fight. Other team had two sniper rangers and a guardian. My partner was a condi mesmer from the looks of it. We ended up taking out one of the rangers and the guardian before the mesmer went down, then I downed the last ranger and rallied my mesmer buddy as my pet finished off the ranger.

I wasn’t even using offhand axe. Just good ol’ dodges and greatsword block with a fair deal of abusing line of sight.

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Ok so Zefrost are you interested in a 2v2 vs me and Ehecatl? Since you are concerned about reflecting or dodging, which is unheard of, you may choose if I use an axe or dagger offhand.

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Ok I’ve been tossing this challenge around for like 12 hours straight and not a single taker. I’m going to bed, but this thread will continue to exist. Great critiques Zefrost, you really proved you have any idea what’s going on.

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

Ok I’ve been tossing this challenge around for like 12 hours straight and not a single taker. I’m going to bed, but this thread will continue to exist. Great critiques Zefrost, you really proved you have any idea what’s going on.

You have a problem? I don’t have a ranger.

If you knew anything about balance then you would know that you don’t have a ranged burst that powerful – it makes any other melee burst in the game look like a job. Fresh air elementalist is even worse than ranger longbow because there isn’t counterplay to it. You just don’t have ranged attacks this powerful in a competitive game – but that’s why this game isn’t competitive, clearly.

Killshot and volley say hi.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Ranger

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

If you knew anything about balance then you would know that you don’t have a ranged burst that powerful – it makes any other melee burst in the game look like a job. Fresh air elementalist is even worse than ranger longbow because there isn’t counterplay to it. You just don’t have ranged attacks this powerful in a competitive game – but that’s why this game isn’t competitive, clearly.

Nice troll.

If you knew anything about balance you would know that sticks and stones may break my bone but noobs will never harm me

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

Nice troll.

So those aren’t ranged burst skills? How about mesmer GS 2 → GS 4 → GS 3 → Shatter?

It seems to me your biasing your definition of ranged, burst, and counterplay in your arguments favor.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kirby.9138

Kirby.9138

Absolutely not, I will use my typical melee builds that I have posted dozens of times on these forums. Either 2/0/6/6/0 or 0/0/6/2/6.

I’m a complete noob ranger but what exactly is the 0/0/6/2/6 here? settlers amulet with some type of healing rune? I’m a big fan of tanky rangers I personally really dislike the longbow because I feel exposed.

in Ranger

Zefrost.3425

Nice troll.

So those aren’t ranged burst skills? How about mesmer GS 2 -> GS 4 -> GS 3 -> Shatter?

It seems to me your biasing your definition of ranged, burst, and counterplay in your arguments favor.

Mesmer greatsword is actually viable unlike rifle for many reasons.

(edited by Zefrost.3425)

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

Nice troll.

So those aren’t ranged burst skills? How about mesmer GS 2 -> GS 4 -> GS 3 -> Shatter?

Next.

You weren’t arguing viability. You were arguing ranged burst and how it shouldn’t exist, and I was pointing out the multiple iterations where is has already existed before the patch.

Ranger longbow wasn’t viable before today’s patch, and now that it is, you seem to be on a total campaign to shut it down. Now, if you truly are of the mindset the Fresh Air is also an offender of what you are trying to change, than while you can be applauded for sticking to you guns and being unbiased across all classes, it is seriously doubtful your efforts will amount to anything.

However, if we are arguing that ranged burst is fine on things not considered viable by a metagame rating (as opposed to a rating unbiased by a player enforced meta), but not fine on things that ARE viable, that is extreme bias towards melee only gameplay.

in Ranger

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

Why do you keep editing your messages ? if you want to troll then do it right

in Ranger

Zefrost.3425

Why do you keep editing your messages ? if you want to troll then do it right

Because I really didn’t care about a next person lol.

(edited by Zefrost.3425)

in Ranger

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

I want to get a group of people to run around as rifle warriors with me so we can call target and focus someone down. Maybe if I do this for a few days all the bad players will start shouting how op rifle warriors are.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in Ranger

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

For the last 6 months at least in EU PvP there has been about 4 to 5 active rangers, so don’t scare the old and new ones away please. By the way 02660 is still the best Ranger build for 1v1 fights.

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

in Ranger

Posted by: Asquared.4091

Asquared.4091

Clearly capable of a rational discussion on the matter, then.

[RAGE]

in Ranger

Posted by: OreoWolf.9564

OreoWolf.9564

“If you knew anything about balance then you would know that you don’t have a ranged burst that powerful – it makes any other melee burst in the game look like a joke. Fresh air elementalist is even worse than ranger longbow because there isn’t counterplay to it. "

Don’t know if clueless, or…

First off, they nerfed rapid fire in this patch. It only takes one dodge roll to migitate the damage (not to mention reflects and the like). Just because rangers can actually hurt you now, it is suddenly OP? They did this amount of damage prepatch, but now you actually have to dodge/use a skill to counter it.

Secondly, fresh air ele isn’t ranged. Most of our burst misses at 900 range anyways. Regardless, if your playing scepter ele at +600 range, your doing it wrong. You’ll never get that “range burst” your crying so much about.

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

I’m a complete noob ranger but what exactly is the 0/0/6/2/6 here? settlers amulet with some type of healing rune? I’m a big fan of tanky rangers I personally really dislike the longbow because I feel exposed.

I’ve been using it with celestial lately. You can do about anything with it really, the new pet traits are insanely strong for example an eagle can put out 1500 or 2000 bleed (can’t remember number) plus 6.5 seconds of cripple every 6 seconds. Sword/dagger is a nice hybrid of condi and power, and GS provides a lot of utility and some burst. For runes you can either augment with more condi damage (krait runes and entangle for example), more power (and probably take RaO, nice against engies), or survivability like natural healing and dolyak runes — I dueled a thief the other day who couldn’t outdamage the regen of that.

You don’t even need to run melee with it. All of the ranger weapons are basically hybrid weapons except GS and LB, so celestial can work with anything.