Immobilize stacking

Immobilize stacking

in Ranger

Posted by: AlbertoUlkesh.4517

AlbertoUlkesh.4517

Lately I seem to get Immobilize-stacked a lot in PvP. Is there any way to deal with this?

Do we as Rangers have any kind of active condition removal that I am overlooking? The passives don’t seem to be able to deal with the stacking. Like at all.

Immobilize stacking

in Ranger

Posted by: Castaliea.3156

Castaliea.3156

Nope. Healing spring and sit in it. Other than that? Build a build centered around standing still? Idk.

Guild Leader
Sempai Said I Was A [QTpi]
Apply @ | http://sempaisaid.enjin.com |

Immobilize stacking

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

Having something like immobilize stack is such obvious madness, whomever thought up that should be kicked in the balls repeatedly while being tied up somewhere unable to move.

Immobilize stacking

in Ranger

Posted by: DiamondMeteor.8345

DiamondMeteor.8345

If only Lightning Reflexes broke movement impairing conditions like Withdraw and Roll for Initiative…

It always perplexed me why Rangers have some of the worst condition removal options. No reliable active cleansing at all. Such a change from gw1…

Ranger / Revenant – Crystal Desert

Immobilize stacking

in Ranger

Posted by: AlbertoUlkesh.4517

AlbertoUlkesh.4517

I was afraid of that… All is vain.

Immobilize stacking

in Ranger

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

Just run Sword + Dagger and you can evade most of the damage while immobilized… and use healing spring.

You can also survive a bit w/ s/h and blast finish through the water field and leap w/ sword to make up the difference of the evade from dagger: WvW Example

Oh… and hope the RNG Condi removal isn’t on cooldown…. put on Purity so you have 4 every 10s. =’[

Our only active removal comes from Spring, Signet, and spirit . – unless you’re Human.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

(edited by Amins.3710)

Immobilize stacking

in Ranger

Posted by: AEFA.9035

AEFA.9035

count how many seconds that immobalize is… ridiculously OP lol.

Success is my only option, failure is not.

Immobilize stacking

in Ranger

Posted by: Terravos.4059

Terravos.4059

9, more if I use Body Shot every and over (think that’s its name)

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Xsorus – Ranger PvP movies Creator of the BM Bunker

Immobilize stacking

in Ranger

Posted by: snow.8097

snow.8097

we can apply Long immob Durations on foe too
Spiders, muddy Terrain and one of my favourite rune..Rune of the Grove. Dat random immob helped me a lot in pvp against thiefes…

Anyone noticed that it seems like getting immob debuff can Interrupt your skills? I was often get interrupted by using my heal just because a foe applyed it >.<

Safi/Clio Del Ray |Ranger, Elonas Reach,
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestions-Gemstore-Items/page/31#post4533037
the skrittfinisher was my idea!

Immobilize stacking

in Ranger

Posted by: Battosai.5620

Battosai.5620

the way condition clearing works is that the condition that gets applied last is the first to be cleansed, also healing spring clears one condition on activation (and then every 2 consecutive second totalling 6 clears over a timespan of 10 seconds)- so let’s take a necromancer using ds#5, if you time your healing spring right you’re going to instantly cleanse the immobilize from tainted shackles as it gets applied last.
another hint, because people started running torch a little more ( please go s/d and a/t if you play spvp ) dropping bonfire on a point will most likely be responsible for your long burn from throw torch being the first in the chain to be removed. ( usually passive removal, be it other rangers, guards or warriors – fighting warriors on point is hard, as your melee pet usually offers free condi clearing due to cleansing ire even when they’re using hammer, not even talking about berserker stance)

so try to put a little more thought into condition application, even though it might not be as impactful as it used to be.