Improvements on soulbeast-beastskill

in Ranger

Posted by: Aleksander Suburb.4287

Aleksander Suburb.4287

The new soulbeast skills look great so far (especially for ranger skills )
But some skills seems very low:

feline-skill bite:
560 dmg, melee, on 1 target, 8s reload
Its nearly the melee dmg of greatsword-autoattack. But Auto attack reload is faster and has 3 targets … So I think it is really bad.

Devourer-skill devourer retreat:
a 3/4s dodge, distance 300, reload 15
Just another dodge with reload 15 and hard to use, cause it is a beast-skill.

Spider-skill Entangling web:
projectile, 900 distance, 1 target, 3s immobilize, 20s reload.
Projectiles are useless, cause of the thousands blocks, reflects, dosges etc. And 20s reload is too much for just 3s immo and a little dmg

What do you think about the beast-kills? If you don’t know where you can read the skills: Ranger beta character -> Pet Management screen

Guild Wars balancing concept: Never change a ruined system!

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

If the feline bite has no cast time, then it could be used as part of a burst, but otherwise its pretty bad.

I actually really like the devourer dodge, it’s a short distance, doesn’t use endurance and 3/4s every 15 is nice, I used to use the Charr racial “Hidden Pistol” a lot before because it was almost the same, but used a utility slot, this is nice.

If the projectile speed is fast enough, projectiles are fine and allow for counter plays.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zorpi.5904

Zorpi.5904

At the moment moust of BM skills seams useful only as utility and enterin to BM overal realy situational, but maybe it’s better wait week and do some real testing before we do any more speculation,

in Ranger

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Seems like it’ll easily be the most busted spec in the PvP formats lol. The utility and stat power on bears/birds is insane. 12s recharge 1200 dash on birds is better than what thief can do.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Seems like it’ll easily be the most busted spec in the PvP formats lol. The utility and stat power on bears/birds is insane. 12s recharge 1200 dash on birds is better than what thief can do.

LOL as if. It’s good, for sure, but come on.

in Ranger

DeceiverX.8361

15s of straight damage immunity and 1200 range disengage + second heal + resist isn’t strong enough for you?

Might not be amazing on a tank build due to a lack of damage but that kind of utility on berserker longbow or hard damage condi is absolutely insane.

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

I’d just like to point out that this is an old build of the game, so we have no idea what changes will be live with the actual expac.

Also, it doesn’t seem as though the tooltips accurately reflect stat investment (could be wrong, I didn’t play the demo characters long enough to notice).

Not to mention PvE/PvP splits for anybody worrying about damage immunities or anything. With the way Stoneform is already split (only 2.5s in PvP), ANet seems on top of their damage immunity balance.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Ranger

Posted by: Aleksander Suburb.4287

Aleksander Suburb.4287

15s of straight damage immunity and 1200 range disengage + second heal + resist isn’t strong enough for you?

Sounds like basic warrior in wvw

Guild Wars balancing concept: Never change a ruined system!

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

We don’t know how some of the skills dmg will scale with gear. I’m sure moas and cats will have something to offer.

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Also, it doesn’t seem as though the tooltips accurately reflect stat investment (could be wrong, I didn’t play the demo characters long enough to notice).

The damage does change in the listed skills if you adjust your gear so it’s safe to say that what we see is what we’ll get.

Pretty much the only hard hitting skill I’ve seen so far is the pig maul. Every other hard hitting pet skill is nerfed to kitten. tail swipe hits for 780 at 2150 power and smoke scale’s assault hits for less than half of the pet version and less than a greatsword maul.

Cats are a dps loss their pet skills hit for so little. The cat maul is a kittening joke.

They are really all over the place with BM pet skills. Some are amazing and other’s are laughably bad.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Might not be amazing on a tank build due to a lack of damage but that kind of utility on berserker longbow or hard damage condi is absolutely insane.

You didn’t mention that in your post, you said that a…

12s recharge 1200 dash on birds is better than what thief can do.

…and I was replying to that.

in Ranger

DeceiverX.8361

You didn’t mention that in your post, you said that a…

12s recharge 1200 dash on birds is better than what thief can do.

…and I was replying to that.

In combat while dealing damage it absolutely is better, though. Thief gets it twice on 50s assuming double shadowstep works both times at a max disengage, and they’ll not have a ranged option with that.

DE can beat this but you’ll kill a DE instantly if you utilize the longbows longer range and RF’s big burst that they won’t really be able to deal with.

The amount of mobility on SB birds is really kitten ed good.

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

The damage does change in the listed skills if you adjust your gear so it’s safe to say that what we see is what we’ll get.

Pretty much the only hard hitting skill I’ve seen so far is the pig maul. Every other hard hitting pet skill is nerfed to kitten. tail swipe hits for 780 at 2150 power and smoke scale’s assault hits for less than half of the pet version and less than a greatsword maul.

Cats are a dps loss their pet skills hit for so little. The cat maul is a kittening joke.

They are really all over the place with BM pet skills. Some are amazing and other’s are laughably bad.

Some did, some didn’t. It was kind of hard to get a feel for what was going on, it might be that we were looking at the skills through the pet manager.

Next weekend will give us a better idea, if these numbers are right though Anet really needs to change them.

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Reddit has datamined the skills. Damage is still crap on power skills but theres some nasty condi ones in there.

Also seems like the Deer gives you a 1200 range charge at the enemy that dazes them and does minor damage to any enemies you pass.