Inc Ranger nerf (yeap, again)

in Ranger

Posted by: horaxx.9728

horaxx.9728

twitch stream VOD – Feb 7th GW2Guru State of the Game
Begins at 59:40.

Here’s my rough transcript:
JSharp: We don’t want to over destroy certain builds like the Ranger or the Ele, we want to bring them down a little bit but we don’t want to whack-a-mole them either.
Java: What parts of the ele are you aiming to nerf? Are you nerfing tank eles or D/D dps eles or what?
JSharp: Those are the two major things. I think the problem with the ele is he has so many small things that are a little bit more efficient than they probably should be. When you add up these little bitty traits, buff durations, little bitty heals, things from cantrips, that lets him be a bit more efficient than he probably should be. For him it’s more of looking at these features and how they go together. His ability to take damage, dodging protection regen, when he needs to he can spike and he’s also pretty mobile and survivable.

thx konli
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1939ox/devs_ranger_ele_nerf_incoming_pvp_balance/

“How do you kill that which has no life?”

in Ranger

Posted by: Jabronee.9465

Jabronee.9465

They should just delete the Ranger class. And transform all rangers to any other class we prefer. That should solve the problem for both parties tbh.

in Ranger

Posted by: Resouled.5614

Resouled.5614

I’m playing ranger in tournaments and trap ranger and BM bunker ranger are just too strong atm.

[vE] Visceral Effect – Blue

in Ranger

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

i’m speechless.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

in Ranger

Posted by: Unspecified.9142

Unspecified.9142

This is a slight exaggeration. What you posted is out of context and also almost entirely about d/d bunker eles. Not sure why that is relevant to rangers.

If you actually listen to that VOD there’s no reason to believe anything is happening to rangers. They acknowledged that trap rangers seem to be doing really well but they also acknowledged it’s a new build (in the meta) and people haven’t learned to deal with it yet.

Edit: Also, rangers haven’t been nerfed since beta so the “yeap again” from the title is rather misleading. Admittedly the beta nerfs were hard and the ranger never really recovered from them.

in Ranger

Posted by: Aegis.9724

Aegis.9724

Edit: Also, rangers haven’t been nerfed since beta so the “yeap again” from the title is rather misleading. Admittedly the beta nerfs were hard and the ranger never really recovered from them.

My shortbow disagrees

in Ranger

Posted by: capuchinseven.8395

capuchinseven.8395

My shortbow disagrees

They would argue that was a bug fix, but yes it was basically a nerf. It could still be argued it was a bug though.

The bravest animal in the land is Captain Beaky and his band.

in Ranger

Posted by: Diehard.1432

Diehard.1432

FARK Anet if they are really gonna nerf ranger. We are underpowered as it is. Seriously Anet, dont push it

Garuda X, lvl 80 human Siamoth Ranger JQ SEA
[VaL]

in Ranger

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

I’m playing ranger in tournaments and trap ranger and BM bunker ranger are just too strong atm.

All of a bunker ranger’s damage comes from the pet. Kill the pet and the ranger is mostly harmless. Kill the ranger’s second pet, and suddenly he’s petless for at least 40 seconds.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Ranger

Posted by: IBountyHunterI.4601

IBountyHunterI.4601

You have got to be kittening kidding right? Please tell me this is a joke.

Help

in Ranger

Posted by: Daemon.4295

Daemon.4295

This is a slight exaggeration. What you posted is out of context and also almost entirely about d/d bunker eles. Not sure why that is relevant to rangers.

If you actually listen to that VOD there’s no reason to believe anything is happening to rangers. They acknowledged that trap rangers seem to be doing really well but they also acknowledged it’s a new build (in the meta) and people haven’t learned to deal with it yet.

Watch the video, Jon specifically says they want to “bring them down a little bit” in reference to both trap rangers and d/d (i think) elementalists.

Ayana Wenona (Ranger) | Doctor Skorn (Necro) | Electra Lux (Elementalist)
Scarlett Daguer (Thief) | Gritt Bloodstone (Warrior) | Sirius Zand (Guardian)
- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

in Ranger

Posted by: BrimstoneAshe.5043

BrimstoneAshe.5043

I watched the entire video and I got the impression they were ok with trap rangers at the moment. However if I was a D/D Ele, I’d be worried.

Asuran Engineer – Norn Ranger
[KAOS] of Anvil Rock

in Ranger

Unspecified.9142

Watch the video, Jon specifically says they want to “bring them down a little bit” in reference to both trap rangers and d/d (i think) elementalists.

I did watch it. They also said something more like they were ‘watching them’ to see. If you also pay attention to their reactions to what Java said about trap rangers being nothing special and not requiring any special counter it seems more like they are just going to ‘wait and see’.

They also said they don’t want to do what they did to spirit rangers again. There was also the part about preferring to create more build diversity before going after the few builds that actually work.

Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if in several months traps get some small nerf or something but I think rangers will get a few more patches of small buffs first (we can only hope they are useful small buffs…).

in Ranger

Posted by: khadorian.6417

khadorian.6417

To be fair, the trap damage isnt really that high compared to other aoes and its limitations, its the avoidance together with the traps.

I think(hope) they will in that case adjust the sword or dagger skills and remove some evades.

<a href="http://tinyurl.com/bmj3ann">My WvW Necro power build</a>

in Ranger

Posted by: Resouled.5614

Resouled.5614

All of a bunker ranger’s damage comes from the pet. Kill the pet and the ranger is mostly harmless. Kill the ranger’s second pet, and suddenly he’s petless for at least 40 seconds.

True, but goodluck killing my pet within 15 seconds while he has 500+ hp regen a sec. And I can heal him aswell. + If you can kill him you wasted valuable cooldowns you need to kill the ranger. BM bunker ranger can easily last 40 seconds with all the evades anyway.

[vE] Visceral Effect – Blue

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

True, but goodluck killing my pet within 15 seconds while he has 500+ hp regen a sec. And I can heal him aswell. + If you can kill him you wasted valuable cooldowns you need to kill the ranger. BM bunker ranger can easily last 40 seconds with all the evades anyway.

It’s called aoe. A single well+ mesmer shatters will still hit player targets while taking out your pet as collateral. 500 hp regen won’t save it.

in Ranger

Unspecified.9142

It’s called aoe. A single well+ mesmer shatters will still hit player targets while taking out your pet as collateral. 500 hp regen won’t save it.

You seem to think our pets are like necro minions or mesmer clones (or our spirits) and just go “splat” if you sneeze on them. Most of our pets have the durability of a player. Canines for example are more durable than a glass cannon thief or elementalist.

A single well will tickle a pet. Mesmer shatters will do about as much to a pet as they do to a player. They hurt a lot but they don’t kill on their own.

Especially pets like drakes, canines, bears, devourers, and pigs you would have to make a concerted effort to kill the thing.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

You seem to think our pets are like necro minions or mesmer clones (or our spirits) and just go “splat” if you sneeze on them. Most of our pets have the durability of a player. Canines for example are more durable than a glass cannon thief or elementalist.

A single well will tickle a pet. Mesmer shatters will do about as much to a pet as they do to a player. They hurt a lot but they don’t kill on their own.

Especially pets like drakes, canines, bears, devourers, and pigs you would have to make a concerted effort to kill the thing.

A mesmer shatter takes out half of a player’s healthbar. Pair that with a blurred frenzy and the other cleave from the team, and it is not that difficult to take out the pet.

People just don’t strategize shutting down rangers because to be honest they are not that common, and trap rangers are supremely better for a team scenario anyways and they don’t rely on their pets to get a job done.

in Ranger

Posted by: dodgerrule.8739

dodgerrule.8739

People shouldn’t gripe about what may or may not happen. traps a a part of a ranger yes, but illusions are part of mesmers.

Dodger Rule Ranger – Fort Aspenwood