Incorporating Opening Strike more

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Let’s take a different approach on Opening Strike within Marksmanship. Too many times, the suggestions involves just the minors and the GM, with not much else.

Instead of just altering minors and a single GM, a better approach to make Opening Strike more useful is to have interaction with it on every single Grandmaster trait.

Bear with me on the suggestions, as these are just ideas that outline what I mean.

Minor Traits:
Opening Strike: You and your Pet gain an Opening Strike when out of combat.
Precise Strike: Opening Strikes always critically strike.
Relentless: You and your Pet regain Opening Strike when you kill a foe or gain Fury.

Grandmaster Traits:
Predator’s Onslaught: You and your Pet deal +15% more damage to disabled and movement-impaired foes. Opening Strikes also inflict Cripple (2s).
Remorseless: Opening Strike deals +25% more damage. You and your Pet gain Might (5 stacks, 5s) when you deal damage with an Opening Strike.
Lead the Wind: Longbow skills pierce, recharge 20% faster, and attack 10% faster. You and your Pet regain Opening Strike when you gain Stealth.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Best idea I have seen for Opening Strikes ever.

in Ranger

Posted by: Eleazar.9478

Eleazar.9478

Ya don did it again with the ideas, this would actually make the opening strike not be a wasted trait when you don’t take remorsless and actually give the marksmanship line real synergy, really like the idea

[Snky] FC don’t worry I’m just a scrub until I’m OP

in Ranger

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Good idea but piercing LB should be baseline..

This weapon is proven to not doing that much damage in the first place..

in Ranger

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

Best idea I have seen for Opening Strikes ever.

Never agreed so hard on a forum post.

For the remorseless suggestion: Instead of might they could add quickness. We can already stack might pretty fast with an adept trait. With quickness it would give the trait synergy with soulbeast and would improve dps overall.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

(edited by InsaneQR.7412)

in Ranger

Posted by: Dinas Dragonbane.2978

Dinas Dragonbane.2978

The ideas are good but with Relentless being a minor trait they are SUPER strong as Fury is so easy to reapply currently, but love some of the direction you went with these.

Dinas Dragonbane, the Danger Ranger
Tri-Lead of Ascension [WAR] of Borlis Pass