Inherited Pet-traits when merged.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tyncale.1629

Tyncale.1629

Just trying to get a grasp of what this specific part of Merging will mean for us. I am only mentioning Traits that affect the pet only. I assume traits that affects both Pet and us will stay the same(not double up or anything). I am also assuming you can actually swap pets while in Beastmode so I added the traits that have pet-only perks when swapping pets. This may not be true though. I added some remarks but feel free to give your own opinion. ALso please keep this in mind: https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/241022/Trait.png So Traits will definately be adjusted.

Marksmanship:

• Alpha Training —-> Pets have Opening Strike.

Skirmishing: none

Wilderness Survival:

• Expertise Training —-> Pets deal extra condition damage and have their condition durations increased. Hell yeah!
  • Shared Anguish —-> Incoming Disables are transferred to your pet instead. ( I wonder if and what they will do with this one. Maybe transfer it to the mob?)
  • Empathic Bond —-> Pets periodically take Conditions from you. Same question.
  • Poison Master —-> After swapping pets, your pet’s first attack will inflict poison; your poison damage is increased. Would be nice to both inflict Poison and have the poison damage increased.

Nature Magic:

• Vigorous Training —-> Pets grant vigor to nearby allies when you swap pets.
  • Lingering Magic —-> Boons applied by you and your pets last longer. Would be nice if this would work on the pet-skills we inherit when merged, since we now have more control over them.
  • Invigorating Bond —-> Your pet heals allies in an area when executing a command F2 ability. Since we do not seem to inherit the F2 pet skill when merged, I do not think this will work. Maybe a specific Pet-group skill could be a replacement for this.

Beastmastery:

• Pack Alpha —-> Your pet is more powerful, and their skills gain recharge reduction. This would be nice. Probably only works on the inherited and group-skills though.
  • Go for the Eyes —-> Your pet gains toughness. Your pet’s command [F2] ability causes blindness to foes around it. Only the Toughness gets inherited?
  • Companion’s Might —-> Your critical hits grant might to your pet. Critical strikes from your pet’s basic attack cause bleeding. Critical Strikes now grant Might to us and Bleeding to the mob? That would be nice!
  • Loud Whistle —-> While your health is above the threshold, your pet deals more damage. Your pet swap gains recharge reduction. Probably No to the first part. Would be cool though. If we can swap pets while in Beastmode then the Recharge reduction will likely stay.
  • Wilting Strike —-> Your pet inflicts weakness on their target(s) when executing a command [F2] ability. Unknown since we do not inherit the F2 skill it seems.
  • Natural Healing —-> Your pet gains natural health regeneration and improved healing. Would be nice! Will this work on our regular heal too or just inherited Pet-heals?
  • Pets Prowess —-> Pets move faster and deal more damage on critical hits. Yeah, I would love this one. Even if just for the speed increase.
  • Beastly Warden —-> Your pet taunts foes near them when executing a command [F2] ability. Taunt in PvE could be nice, but since this is an F2 skill, probably a no go.

Druid: none

Any thoughts on this?

(edited by Tyncale.1629)

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

You can’t swap pets while in beast-mode.

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

You can’t swap pets while in beast-mode.

No, but you can enter beastmode and exit beastmode and swap weapons while in beastmode.

I’d like to see swapping pets classed as a weapon swap too for the sake of sigils, as per engineer kits, revenant legends, ele attunements etc.

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

‘Traits that affect your pet may affect you differently in Beast Mode’

http://imgur.com/a/yOwJy

in Ranger

Posted by: Pvt Frosty.6973

Pvt Frosty.6973

I am very curious how pet-traits may change in Beast Mode.

Many questions to be answered with the playable weekend coming up.

Does F5 count as a pet-swap? How many beast mode skills did they design? Where do they start repeating? I’m assuming the passive secondary mechanic from the pet – family will become an active beast-mode skill which would be sick (hello wyverns). What about the other tho. Also from the looks of it you will get a second autoattack on f1 or did i just see that wrong? maybe it has a small cooldown.

Overall very excited for it. I just hope anet realizes how important proper balance is this time around

Just Filthy Kasuals – Bowscoooped!
YouTube / Twitch

in Ranger

Posted by: borya.2964

borya.2964

Does F5 count as a pet-swap? How many beast mode skills did they design? Where do they start repeating? I’m assuming the passive secondary mechanic from the pet – family will become an active beast-mode skill which would be sick (hello wyverns). What about the other tho. Also from the looks of it you will get a second autoattack on f1 or did i just see that wrong? maybe it has a small cooldown.

Overall very excited for it. I just hope anet realizes how important proper balance is this time around

F5 won’t probably count as a pet swap but we may have a trait for the F5 like with CA (but it could count as weapon swap ?). F1 is probably a passive key with a pet drawing or something.The pet’s skill you’ll access are all the both pets skills oustide auto-attack and F2 + a family skill.

Let’s be honest, 80 % of the traits related to the pets are never use anyways and we are obviously not supposed to camp the beast mode.

Coffin Rehearsal X – Bunker Roaming Ranger
Tchuu Tchuu Im A Train [TCHU] – Gandara
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChUmRHtHLgPckvtrPImxK3A

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

F5 won’t probably count as a pet swap but we may have a trait for the F5 like with CA (but it could count as weapon swap ?). F1 is probably a passive key with a pet drawing or something.The pet’s skill you’ll access are all the both pets skills oustide auto-attack and F2 + a family skill.

Let’s be honest, 80 % of the traits related to the pets are never use anyways and we are obviously not supposed to camp the beast mode.

I think F5 will count as a pet swap since we have so many traits that work with pet swaps.

in Ranger

LughLongArm.5460

I think F5 will count as a pet swap since we have so many traits that work with pet swaps.

Perhaps while going out of beast mode, it’s the same to how clarion bond is being activated after you get out of moa form.

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I’m assuming F5 will be a “petswap” since you are sorta swapping pets by assimilating them.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

There’s also the question of weapon skills and utilities which intergrate with the Pet. Anyone know about them?

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Ranger

LughLongArm.5460

There’s also the question of weapon skills and utilities which intergrate with the Pet. Anyone know about them?

It’s still unknown. We know some traits will change while in beastmode.