Is Nature Magic worth taking now?

in Ranger

Posted by: sam.4681

sam.4681

i have a question is the nature magic worth taking it? change beastmastery to nature magic in pve content is it increase the dps?

i am curious about the Instinctive Reaction this trait seem spoiled
Health Threshold: 50%
Skills and actions are 50% faster. Quickness (3s) this look fine
Gain Power Based on a Percentage of Healing Power: 7% this is a little of weird we have 0 healing power and how we gain power? when we are not in healing gear meaning this trait is useless?

in Ranger

Posted by: Photinous.4628

Photinous.4628

I think you want to keep beastmastery and marksmanship and instead switch skirmishing for nature magic. BM has companion’s might and zephyr’s speed which are critical to keep the might stacks up, while MM has most of your damage modifiers. You will lose spotter, but you gain bountiful hunter and nature’s vengeance instead.

in Ranger

Posted by: Solandri.9640

Solandri.9640

Gain Power Based on a Percentage of Healing Power: 7% this is a little of weird we have 0 healing power and how we gain power? when we are not in healing gear meaning this trait is useless?

Pretty sure that’s a design oversight. All the other traits I was able to find that act like that are based on an attribute with a base 1000 points. The ranger one is the only one based on a attribute with a base 0 points.

Send them a bug report on it every week, and we should see it fixed in a couple years.

in Ranger

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

The fact that its based on Healing Power is probably the reason it was put on a trait with a secondary function rather than just a trait that boosts one stat based on another (which most of the other “gain X amount of stat based on Y amount of another stat” traits are).

So people can take it for the Quickness, and if they happen to have healing power get some bonus stats as well. If not… well, then you just have to decide if the quickness alone is enough of a reason to take it.

in Ranger

Posted by: Jasper Defthand.3018

Jasper Defthand.3018

I’m not a extreme pvper so I’m not gonna offer input on that area of game.
For pve the newly buffed nature’s vengeance trait that empowers your spirits with double health and continuous boon output does make taking nature magic more desirable for team support.
I however still feel that its viability is still questionable since spirits still die to any sort of cleaves or high damage red rings. Until they make it so that spirits take less/no AoE damage they will only be viable in tank and spank encounters that do not have a lot of red rings or large numbers of cleaving adds.
I don’t see why this should be such a big deal to change. Warriors carry around banners that put out constant buffs but don’t have to worry about them going down to anything other than their own timers. I understand spirits put out different buffs and function differently, but I think they could still make it so they only take damage when being specifically targeted. This sort mechanic already exists in one of the fractals as a mistlock instability in which you only do 100% damage to enemys that are your active target and deal out 50% less to all other enemies.
I think that type of functionality should be applied to spirits to make them a more viable utility for rangers to bring to their group.

Also their used to be a trait you could take that would make your spirits follow you around, I would like to see that return.

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

The fact that its based on Healing Power is probably the reason it was put on a trait with a secondary function rather than just a trait that boosts one stat based on another (which most of the other “gain X amount of stat based on Y amount of another stat” traits are).

So people can take it for the Quickness, and if they happen to have healing power get some bonus stats as well. If not… well, then you just have to decide if the quickness alone is enough of a reason to take it.

The issue there, is its not worth taking purely for the Quickness. Allies aid is better for PvP and Bountiful Hunter is better for PvE.

My suggestion would be to make it scale Power at 10% to Healing Power, giving all Ranger builds more sustain, because 7% of healing power when you have a Cleric Amulet is still only 84 damage. Not good.

in Ranger

Posted by: Solandri.9640

Solandri.9640

Nope, the other trait where the bonus is a secondary effect is based on an attribute with 1000 base.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Retributive_Armor

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Nope, the other trait where the bonus is a secondary effect is based on an attribute with 1000 base.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Retributive_Armor

To be fair, that is a GM trait too…

I would like to see this become a defensive/sustain trait; 10% of Power becomes Healing Power and the Quickness can be swapped for 8s of Retaliation.