Is Ranger Okay Now ?

Is Ranger Okay Now ?

in Ranger

Posted by: IcyTeaLemon.4610

IcyTeaLemon.4610

Ranger was so underpowered before 4-5 months. Now is Ranger balanced ? And is bow doing damage ? Cuz i love bow and i want to play with bow. Not with the fagot greatsword.

Is Ranger Okay Now ?

in Ranger

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Ranger was so underpowered before 4-5 months…..

I miss those days

Is Ranger Okay Now ?

in Ranger

Posted by: Terkov.4138

Terkov.4138

If it was too UP for you to play before, then don’t try it now. Ranger is state of mind, not class you choose based on numbers :P

Is Ranger Okay Now ?

in Ranger

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Not even try to grab a bow. Rangers are kind of fine, as long as you don’t touch bows, stick to close quaters, go defensivly with a lot of HP and heals/spirits + conditions. Power is in state of extinction if you want to go any kind of non-melee.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Is Ranger Okay Now ?

in Ranger

Posted by: Yelloweyedemon.2860

Yelloweyedemon.2860

Here’s the situation. I play ranger (full berserker gear with LB) and i almost always roam on map (avoiding pve stuff).

I win about 90% of the 1v1 fights, and about 40-50% of 2v1 fights.

I see other enemy rangers as “free kills”. They are probably the guys that cry on the forum all day.

That’s all. Play and see for yourself.

Is Ranger Okay Now ?

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Here’s the situation. I play ranger (full berserker gear with LB) and i almost always roam on map (avoiding pve stuff).

I see other enemy rangers as “free kills”. They are probably the guys that cry on the forum all day.

That’s all. Play and see for yourself.

I mean, of course you can do that but you have zero sustain in any kind of drawn out battle. If you win a 2v1 it’s only because you get the jump on them and it was a certain matchup. Quit exaggerating.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

Is Ranger Okay Now ?

in Ranger

Posted by: IcyTeaLemon.4610

IcyTeaLemon.4610

Btw what happens on 15 oct ? Everybody talking about it ?

Is Ranger Okay Now ?

in Ranger

Posted by: Soilder.3607

Soilder.3607

Longbow is really good. Don’t listen to these fools. The only problem with it is the fact that its autoattack can be a bit weak in close range, but that doesn’t really matter cause we have #2 channeled for good dps, #3 for stealth which works great for a transition into #5. And then #4 is a solid knockback as well. And pretty much every skill except #5 is on a low cool down, even without traiting, so thats another plus.

Stormbluff Isle

Is Ranger Okay Now ?

in Ranger

Posted by: Stice.5204

Stice.5204

I personally consider this unlikely as a full berserker glass cannon longbow ranger matches up quite poorly against many of the popular solo roaming builds. There’s a reason bunkers and condition pressure builds became the dominant roaming playstyle and it’s not because nobody thought to try out full berserker.

If you’re making it work regardless, then kudos to you, but I think you’re either exaggerating or fudging your definition of what constitutes a “1v1 fight.”

Guardian, Engineer
[SIC] Strident Iconoclast – BP

Is Ranger Okay Now ?

in Ranger

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

I play ranger class in World vs World and have always struggled in 1 v 1 fights; I would be lucky to win one out of ten, then again i’m not sure the ranger is designed for 1 vs 1 combat (just my thoughts). Interestingly enough my kill to death ratio is about 9-1 in the positive.
A high powered long bow can do a considerable amount of damage in group play (not talking legendary)

(edited by johnnymiller.5968)

Is Ranger Okay Now ?

in Ranger

Posted by: Fred Poon.4971

Fred Poon.4971

I personally consider this unlikely as a full berserker glass cannon longbow ranger matches up quite poorly against many of the popular solo roaming builds. There’s a reason bunkers and condition pressure builds became the dominant roaming playstyle and it’s not because nobody thought to try out full berserker.

If you’re making it work regardless, then kudos to you, but I think you’re either exaggerating or fudging your definition of what constitutes a “1v1 fight.”

I win about 90% of the 1v1 fights blah blah blah – Biggest lie so far I have seen in ranger forum.

Is Ranger Okay Now ?

in Ranger

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

I personally consider this unlikely as a full berserker glass cannon longbow ranger matches up quite poorly against many of the popular solo roaming builds.

Agree…. I smell Bs. That or he runs on one of the bottom tier realms

Is Ranger Okay Now ?

in Ranger

Posted by: Terkov.4138

Terkov.4138

I personally consider this unlikely as a full berserker glass cannon longbow ranger matches up quite poorly against many of the popular solo roaming builds.

Agree…. I smell Bs. That or he runs on one of the bottom tier realms

Best roamers I met were in T8

But agree, GC LB simply can’t be that good with all the bunkers. I spent over year making and practicing my LB build and still don’t win 90% of fights :P