Is druid bad for gw2?

Is druid bad for gw2?

in Ranger

Posted by: aeand.4628

aeand.4628

please tell me if I’m wrong or anything I missed but..

The problem I intstantly notcie is this is going to change the meta of both pvp and pve if it’s strong enough.

Like this, in pve it’s either going to just keep everyone alive with all that healing and there will be no challange whatsoever
or it won’t ever see use because we can just blast some water and just go berserker as we do right now.

Now with the raids I do not know, maybe it’s necessary i which case gw2 will dry the pools of character slots because druids are the only thing that can heal that much.
Or is there a way to outheal a druid?

And in pvp it’s going to either keep everyone healthy at all times and teams with a druid will always win because they just stay alive or won’t be useful because teams will be missing out on dmg from that slot.

Is druid bad for gw2?

in Ranger

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

In PvE solo the druid is still able to deal big damabe with it’s pet (try beastmaster traitline).
In Big boss events in HoT there’s situations where a lot of heal can help why some mobs deal high damage, but with the time that can be mitigate by experience.

In the new kind of dungeons the mobs deal very high damage and a healer can save the situation. A friend sayd to me that the druid work very well there and every Squad will desire to have one or two, making it really appreciate.
The damage will be dealt by the pet, that in all that AoE heal will finally not die istant against big bosses AoE in dungeon, granting to the druid a lot of damage.

In WWW it will be a good new why that heal will add a good survavibility to your zerg and in roaming don’t need of swiftness to run fast and a good combination of traits and new pets can make you win in 1vs1 (someone posted images of 10k of damage dealt byu the pet and 3k/hit of critical by pet).

In sPvP I’ve faced a druid in the Forest map, stainding up the mid and healing the team with very good results. And the pet deal good damage and the wyvern can make a big AoE firefield that burn, granting damage and might if blasted.

The Druid can change the meta but no more than every other specializzations will do.

Is druid bad for gw2?

in Ranger

Posted by: Khoury.9072

Khoury.9072

please tell me if I’m wrong or anything I missed but..

The problem I intstantly notcie is this is going to change the meta of both pvp and pve if it’s strong enough.

Like this, in pve it’s either going to just keep everyone alive with all that healing and there will be no challange whatsoever
or it won’t ever see use because we can just blast some water and just go berserker as we do right now.

Now with the raids I do not know, maybe it’s necessary i which case gw2 will dry the pools of character slots because druids are the only thing that can heal that much.
Or is there a way to outheal a druid?

And in pvp it’s going to either keep everyone healthy at all times and teams with a druid will always win because they just stay alive or won’t be useful because teams will be missing out on dmg from that slot.

2 good berserk against the druid = druid dead…. Even if the healing power is very good it only takes 2 guys to kill him (stun, daze … pull, push….) All this avoid the druid to continue healing and many Characters do all those things.

Druid does not have stability! So, yes, there are many ways to outheal a druid right now.

Is druid bad for gw2?

in Ranger

Posted by: Shoe.5821

Shoe.5821

Druid does not have stability! So, yes, there are many ways to outheal a druid right now.

he can mash Strength of the Pack like any other Ranger

Is druid bad for gw2?

in Ranger

Posted by: Khoury.9072

Khoury.9072

he can mash Strength of the Pack like any other Ranger

Corrrect! and I thought about that but it is 15sec of stability every 60 (if I remember well) I rather prefer every 10 sec 2-3 sec of stability that you can micro manage yourself.

Is druid bad for gw2?

in Ranger

Posted by: Kitty.1502

Kitty.1502

Druid as a healer won’t see use in dungeons or most pve outside of potentially raids (this is yet to be seen), in pvp you might see druids but since they are really easy to CC and spike kill they won’t be a staple but you might see them a bit more as a healer. For WvW they seem to do well in zergs if they can get stab.

As a trait line, druid goes really well with power ranger. Though not so much with condi ranger which is rangers top dps in pve. Furthermore druid does nothing to address the issues that make rangers not viable in pvp as a dps class and that is pets. HoT is going to blow this up further as an even bigger issue now that most classes are receiving large amounts of sustain in dps specs which a zerker ranger cannot burst through.

Tarnished Coast-[NOPE]
Kitten – Zerker Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitten
Kitty Smallpaw – Condi Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitty%20Smallpaw

Is druid bad for gw2?

in Ranger

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

The druid’s heal isn’t THAT much. It can heal you quickly back up in dire situations, but you still can’t faceroll stuff that you couldn’t before.