Is longbow #3 even viable?

in Ranger

Posted by: Drakortha.6974

Drakortha.6974

It seems whenever i try to use this in a suitable situation it just never ever triggers.

(Talking about PVP here. But also it messes up PVE as well)

Ranger, Warrior, Guardian

(edited by Drakortha.6974)

in Ranger

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Asking if ONE skill outta 5 is “viable”?
Just reroll already if you cannot handle the few quirks any weapon has.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in Ranger

Posted by: Harnel.6810

Harnel.6810

It can be in three circumstances. The first is that if you’re invisible, it’s much easier to stomp people. The second is for the Remorsless Marksmanship Grandmaster Trait, which makes it so that every time you get a kill or go into stealth you get Opening Strike back. Third, if you’ve over-aggroed in pve it’s a good way to get them off you.

He’s not asking about the longbow, he’ asking about the skill. Don’t be a jerk.

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

It can be in two circumstances. The first is that if you’re invisible, it’s much easier to stomp people. The second is for the Remorsless Marksmanship Grandmaster Trait, which makes it so that every time you get a kill or go into stealth you get Opening Strike back.

He’s not asking about the longbow, he’ asking about the skill. Don’t be a jerk.

Also 5 skills should work as intended. LB#3 is broken for the following reasons:

It has to hit.

Most of the times if you are moving when shoot the stealth is lost. Don’t kitten me why, you simply get out of it almost right away. You any get a glimpse of the effect.

Even if you get invisible your pet will follow you. So your enemies will know here you are anyway.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in Ranger

Posted by: SuzukiMethod.4732

SuzukiMethod.4732

If you have piercing arrows, then you will get stealth off of the first target hit, and then revealed on the second. If not, then it was most likely dodged, blocked or you were blinded.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kreed.2768

Kreed.2768

Also 5 skills should work as intended. LB#3 is broken for the following reasons:

It has to hit.

Most of the times if you are moving when shoot the stealth is lost. Don’t kitten me why, you simply get out of it almost right away. You any get a glimpse of the effect.

Even if you get invisible your pet will follow you. So your enemies will know here you are anyway.

I have this sometimes too. I don’t use piercing arrows, so it can’t be that, but every now and then when I use #3 it does seem to hit, but the stealth breaks pretty much immediatly… or rather, it feels like it never applied, because I didn’t see my character go into stealth. However, I still get the revealed debuff, so that kind of leaves me confused when it happens.

It doesn’t happen very often, but it’s one of those things you do notice when it happens.

Lover of longbow rangers.
Party Hard in GW2!
My YouTube Channel!

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Sounds like you used stealth while you had barrage going or something to instantly reveal you. It’s definitely viable btw.

in Ranger

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

I think it works just fine, the has to hit-part makes it a bit more tricksy but at the same time it forces you to be more aware of what you are doing and who you are hitting (line of sight, blind, does the target have aegis? Is he dodging?) thus hopefully making you a better player and stops you from spamming skills on cooldown.

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

It can be in three circumstances. The first is that if you’re invisible, it’s much easier to stomp people. The second is for the Remorsless Marksmanship Grandmaster Trait, which makes it so that every time you get a kill or go into stealth you get Opening Strike back. Third, if you’ve over-aggroed in pve it’s a good way to get them off you.

It’s useful for a whole lot more than those 3. But ya, sounds like you had barrage going. Skill works fine for me.

Remember that if you’re facing the wrong direction of your opponent and holding down the mouse to look another direction, your character won’t auto-rotate to use the skill, it will just go on a short recharge.

in Ranger

Posted by: Terkov.4138

Terkov.4138

Works perfectly for me. It’s just ranged version of CnD. For pet issue, I just always order it to attack at the same time I use 3.
I don’t use piercing arrows for long time now, so idk if they break it. Barrage sure does, so just watch your timing.

It’s also great when you want to use TU or MT during fight with enemy who know how to interrupt and dodge.
Another use for it is in zerg fights when you need to get clear of gankers on you – especially effective against ranged ones, as they have it much harder to find you again after you reappear.

in Ranger

Posted by: mulzi.8273

mulzi.8273

If you have piercing arrows, then you will get stealth off of the first target hit, and then revealed on the second. If not, then it was most likely dodged, blocked or you were blinded.

^^this. Also if you cast it too soon after barrage, you will get immediately revealled if the arrows are still falling.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tom.8976

Tom.8976

They fixed this a while ago, so the arrow will not break stealth when it pierces multiple targets.

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

It’s best used to help get the stomp. Its firing arc can be sketchy at times as I seem to have Hunter’s Shot fail far more often than the other shots. Just keep at it and see if you can find out which scenario mentioned in the posts above are causing you problems and try to work around them.

in Ranger

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

LB#3 is broken for the following reasons:

It has to hit.

Requiring a skill to land your target for it to have its desired effect does not make a skill broken…

9 Guardians later…

in Ranger

Posted by: Ambush.3251

Ambush.3251

It has to hit.

Requiring a skill to land your target for it to have its desired effect does not make a skill broken…

Broken isn’t the opposite of viable.

in Ranger

anduriell.6280

Yes, it could be that.
But then again: Isn’t that a bug? If you are using piercing arrows this skill is usseles because is broken?

It has to hit.

Yes, it is broken when it depends on when the arrow hits or not and how many targets. So you use a trait or another skill is executing and LB#3 doesn’t work.

The definition of broken skill.

Also just saying but i haven’t seeing this kind of broken-beyond-repair skills and mechanics in any other class in the game. Looks like Anet is pushing us to became a druid or leave the class.

I TOLD YOU SO

(edited by anduriell.6280)

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Can’t say I have ever had this problem, but like others have mentioned, barrage, WH, Traps and piercing arrows are all good ways to instantly break the stealth if you use it wrong.

Also it is worth nothing that sometimes I’ve seen (on my Mesmer, but I imagine this happens to any class) a graphical glitch where you don’t appear to go invisable but are actually stealthed to you opponent. So the skil lis working, it just doesnt look like it to you.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Ranger

Posted by: Lettuce.2945

Lettuce.2945

Stealth off AI’s or downed players or people that you know rarely dodge. It’s about adapting.

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Is a low CD stealth on a machine gun viable…hmmm, let me think….
Nope, no idea sorry.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

If you have piercing arrows, then you will get stealth off of the first target hit, and then revealed on the second.

Certain about that? I run PA, and have never been revealed after shooting #3 in an enemy group..

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

in Ranger

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Yes, it is broken when it depends on when the arrow hits or not and how many targets. So you use a trait or another skill is executing and LB#3 doesn’t work.

The definition of broken skill.

Uh… you know, by your definition, every skills are broken if your target dodge or block or whatever.

No, this skill is viable and like LB#4 it’s a skill that should be viewed as an utility. What’s broken are player that smash their keybord without thinking. Don’t get me wrong LB#3 used as an utility is really good and interesting, same for LB#4 but people need to think of what they do and what they are doing when they use these skill.

For LB#3 there are a lot of way to break the stealth it grant you, be it an attack skill that hit or a trap that trigger. Also the reveal debuff can prevent you from gaining stealth.

For LB#4 it’s the same. If you use it while playing solo, it’s fine, it’s your choice to cut your pet dps for your own safety. If you use it while in a group content you better use it wisely because, it’s not just your pet dps that you cut, it’s the dps of all the players that play with you.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Ranger

anduriell.6280

LB#4 and LB#3 are completely different things. LB#3 should be an utility skill and does not work like that.

The correct way for this skill to work is: if you attack AFTER the LB#3 is being used you loose your stealth. Not because a trap is triggered or you piercing arrow hit twice.
Also the pet does not follow you when in stealth if the pet is not hidden. Ever.

Then the skill would work as intended. Until that is just another broken and useless skill in our bar together with sw#1 and axe#5. (That I can thin of now)

I TOLD YOU SO

in Ranger

Tribio.8531

The correct way for this skill to work is: if you attack AFTER the LB#3 is being used you loose your stealth. Not because a trap is triggered or you piercing arrow hit twice.

The principle of stealth clearly mentions that it’s removed the moment you do dmg..
And I’m still not convinced that LB#3 with Piercing Arrows will reveal you if it hits more than one person.. Can someone really confirm this please?
Have never noticed it in the past

Also the pet does not follow you when in stealth if the pet is not hidden. Ever.

Maybe something to keep in mind: All our opponents deduce that we are right next to our pet (when we are stealthed). So LB#3 and direct your pet to aggro something else (in range).. You’ll be amazed how silly your opponent is rushing to your pet, assuming you are right there. In the meantime you can channel your barrage or whatever..

Then the skill would work as intended. Until that is just another broken and useless skill in our bar together with sw#1 and axe#5. (That I can thin of now)

Do enlighten me: If it’s really that broken, how come people actively play swords and axes? Seems broken to you, but maybe – no offence meant – that is a L2P issue?

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Fissure of Woe

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

Why am I the only one satisfied with this ability and had my battles won thanks to this countless times… ?

Am I really the only one to adapt to the game and play according to it – not playing it based on my believes and cry in forums that my hopes are not fulfilled… ?

Furthermore, I believe you are playing a Ranger, not a thief to escape or use stealth offensively. You are a Ranger. You should use it for fighting and using surroundings in your advantage.

If you can’t really use your own abilities properly… Then I guess nothing, even#1 wouldn’t be viable. Because you actually have to hit 1 in order to deal damage. And yes, it’s supposed to be a damage ability, and it won’t deal damage UNLESS YOU HIT IT. Well, what a surprise.

That much for the arguments I’ve witnessed in here.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

anduriell.6280

After this assertions it’s clear to me you don’t play with a ranger in the game.
let’s begin:

The principle of stealth clearly mentions that it’s removed the moment you do dmg..
And I’m still not convinced that LB#3 with Piercing Arrows will reveal you if it hits more than one person.. Can someone really confirm this please?
Have never noticed it in the past

Other people in this thread is confirming you that. Also i don’t know were you get the idea of “do damage” when the skill states “when attack”. Even in that case, the “do damage” should be taken as “direct damage” instead “any damage caused by any effect by the ranger”. It’s only 3 seconds stealth.
As i said, this skill is useless because is broken.

Maybe something to keep in mind: All our opponents deduce that we are right next to our pet (when we are stealthed). So LB#3 and direct your pet to aggro something else (in range).. You’ll be amazed how silly your opponent is rushing to your pet, assuming you are right there. In the meantime you can channel your barrage or whatever..

I don’t have to keep anything in mind, i manage my pet and even in that case the pet follow you. If the pet is dead it follows you. If it kills the enemy it follows you because you can’t attack.
So again: BROKEN.

Do enlighten me: If it’s really that broken, how come people actively play swords and axes? Seems broken to you, but maybe – no offence meant – that is a L2P issue?

Simple, because even it’s broken ppl keep using them because are the best choice. So you can imagine how the rest are.
SW#1 root in place and is a nightmare dodge/call other skill in those cases.
Axe#5 the same. Too short range and it roots you. BROKEN.

I think Anet should give the ranger a propper mechanics to play, right now you only have ONE choice to play with ranger: LB + SW/AXE.

Furthermore, I believe you are playing a Ranger, not a thief to escape or use stealth offensively. You are a Ranger. You should use it for fighting and using surroundings in your advantage.

Sorry, i stopped reading there.

I TOLD YOU SO

in Ranger

Tribio.8531

After this assertions it’s clear to me you don’t play with a ranger in the game.

Of course.. 3K hours on my ranger, most of that in WvW in small to medium fights..
But since you are the self-proclaimed uber-ranger, you just ditch every opinion that differs from you? People these days..

Also i don’t know were you get the idea of “do damage” when the skill states “when attack”.

Roll a thief, go stealth, try backstab a guardian that blocks —> still in stealth!
(so yeah, you attacked, but did no damage – there comes that idea from)

Other people in this thread is confirming you that.

So trust me, there have been already quite some LB#3 that I fired in groups.. And yet I have never noticed it before.. So maybe those “confirming” it are throwing traps in the meantime or crap like that?
I’ll see if I can test this during the weekend to confirm it for myself.. :p

I think Anet should give the ranger a propper mechanics to play, right now you only have ONE choice to play with ranger: LB + SW/AXE.

Man, you are so right! The only rangers I see running around all have LB and SW/A..
Seriously?
I’d like to quote you on this one:

Really no offence meant, but your mindset is stuck in “Man, this is BROKEN!!!”

Fissure of Woe

in Ranger

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

Also i don’t know were you get the idea of “do damage” when the skill states “when attack”. Even in that case, the “do damage” should be taken as “direct damage” instead “any damage caused by any effect by the ranger”. It’s only 3 seconds stealth.
As i said, this skill is useless because is broken.

Every single class will be revealed, if they deal direct damage while stealthed. Does this mean, every stealth skill is broken?
Condition damage won’t reveal you, neither does damage from the pet.

in Ranger

anduriell.6280

But it does if you use LB#5 (same weapon) and then try to use LB#3. Same with piercing arrows. And traps you set like 1 min before.
The correct behaviour for this skill would be: if the player does not hit 1 to 5 skill won’t be revealed. Easy to program and will give the rangers a lot of different ways to use the skill, thus will be a real utility skill same as LB#4.

I TOLD YOU SO

in Ranger

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

To the OP: Yes, Hunter’s Shot is quite viable. Against ranged opponents, it often doesn’t even matter if you are almost instantly revealed because you still dropped target, meaning they have to waste time re-acquiring you.

Really, 3 seconds of stealth on a short cooldown will always be viable. The key is using it well.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Ranger

Tribio.8531

But it does if you use LB#5 (same weapon) and then try to use LB#3. Same with piercing arrows. And traps you set like 1 min before.

That is the correct behaviour.. LB#5 is an AoE that takes some time, so you stealth, the next arrow from your barrage hits, and you’re revealed..
Again: stealth is removed when you do damage. That’s the principle, always has been, and always will be (at least in this game)..
Would you expect a thief to be able to stealth after he started his daggerstorm?

Fissure of Woe

in Ranger

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

In PvP (and often in WvW) I always have 1-3 second of latency in LB #3 Hunter’s Shot.
But it even happens that it doesn’t stealths me at all, meanwhile I do no damage to get out of it nor having “Revealed” debuff.

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

in Ranger

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

In PvP (and often in WvW) I always have 1-3 second of latency in LB #3 Hunter’s Shot.
But it even happens that it doesn’t stealths me at all, meanwhile I do no damage to get out of it nor having “Revealed” debuff.

That sounds like your internet or computer having issues. There should be no delay at all between the skill hitting and stealthing you.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Ranger

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

LB#4 and LB#3 are completely different things. LB#3 should be an utility skill and does not work like that.

Really because I have to land SB 3 to get my swift I don’t remember anyone calling that broken.

And as far as your dream world every other class who uses stealths will get revealed by attacks already out as well.. Such as a Mesmer staff auto which is already airborne before the stealth being a common insta-reveal.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

in Ranger

Posted by: Lakshmi.5941

Lakshmi.5941

Not broken, very easy to use successfully. I use this very often for the purposes already listed in this thread and it works at least 95% of the time for me. One caveat: I don’t use autotarget. I tab or click my targets (or target-assist). Maybe that’s the difference.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Ok, I think some people here need to take a breath and hold a puppy or something…at least take a break from the comp.

To respond to the OP though: Just because you have the land the shot doesn’t mean it’s not viable. Hunter’s Shot isn’t the only skill that’s invalidated on a miss/evade/obstructed/block/blind/etc. I mean, look at Basilisk Venom on thieves…

in Ranger

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

ignoring all the arguing above…

yes i do believe it is viable, depending on the gamemode you play. in pve? meh, stealth isn’t very useful in it to begin with. however in wvw/pvp it’s extremely useful. you can stealth then swap to a GS to get a hidden maul, or to reposition yourself and get a few extra shots off, for example

however this thread seems to be more of ‘this skill is glitched/broken’ rather than if it’s a viable skill

which i would say… no, not really. as long as you’re facing the opponent and you actually ‘hit’ them (no stealth, aegis, blocks, etc.) it procs stealth (and of course you can’t hit anything afterwards or you cancel the stealth) which doesn’t sound unviable or broken in any way to me

i’d suggest going into openworld pve or get some pvp friends and practice using it correctly

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

its a viable skill , you can proc it off clones / other pets without changing targets just make sure there is one of these targets between you and your main target , that way you won’t have to re-target or get it blocked or reflected reversing the stealth to the target making them stealth instead of you.

I use it to Travel over to where my pet pig drops its feathers using the hunters shot stealth to gab the feathers that blinds aoe near my target letting me ether regroup or pbs them out of the cap point into a CC chain.

or in WvW , lets me chain stealth and gs or sword 2 away , just remember to swap pet and stow right away before the stealth wears off, the pets a big give away that also makes huntershot less useful since people can track your pet to plant aoes on or near your location keeping you in combat or knows your location much easier to track with these little tell signs , rendering the repostion null and void.

though what ^^ said try in PvE first , then Pvp with friends .

in Ranger

Dahkeus.8243

If you’re not using this skill n PvP, you’re seriously short changing yourself when using the longbow.

in Ranger

Posted by: wauwi.9162

wauwi.9162

If you’re not using this skill n PvP, you’re seriously short changing yourself when using the longbow.

And for PvE, the skill tooltip might as well say “Click to loose aggro.”

[EU/GER]Elona’s Reach: Aerrith: Lv80 Ranger / Sephirra: Lv80 Mesmer
“Only the finest of potatoes in my zerkburgers.”

in Ranger

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

It’s extremely good.

Hyper-longrange CnD paired with the ability to swap into GS for a swoop backwards way beyond range while the enemy flails around where you just were trying to hit you, blowing cooldowns? I’d take it twice over PBS in all honesty.

in Ranger

anduriell.6280

That is the correct behaviour.. LB#5 is an AoE that takes some time, so you stealth, the next arrow from your barrage hits, and you’re revealed..
Again: stealth is removed when you do damage. That’s the principle, always has been, and always will be (at least in this game)..
Would you expect a thief to be able to stealth after he started his daggerstorm?

It is not the same in this case and as i said we could use the easy programmatically fix as i pointed.
However each class has it’s own mechanics so this could be not applied to any other class because they have utility skills that are actually an attacking one we do not.

The only sources of real damage we have are weapon skills. So for the rangers would be enough to check if any skill from 1 to 5 has being pressed to be revealed.
Our LB#3 only last 3 seconds and with that i don’t think could be OP. Having that control would fix also all this problems about using piercing arrows, barrage or whatever right now make that skill completely BROKEN.

However to fix your assumption with dagger storm would be instead using skills 1-5, using a flag for “damage” skills. So when one of those is activated(pushing the button) the stealth is off.
Then the revealed effect could be used as well for Lightning Reflexes that do some damage when cast (although the damage is so low shouldn’t be there..).

With that they could fix any problem in the future. The Barrage has a cast time of 2 secs and execution time is around 6 seconds.

Does it mean we can’t use LB#3 for all that time?

Same problem with traps. Pet and condition damage is not taken in consideration. Why should be traps? We should be able to set them and be able to hide without the fear that any foe will trigger them and reveal us.

Also please,if any Anet staff is reading this: If we are hidden pet should NOT follow us in any case. They are making this skill completely useless.

At the end, the skill is for so narrowed use that make it mostly useless in most situations.

I TOLD YOU SO

in Ranger

Posted by: DanSH.6143

DanSH.6143

It is not the same in this case and as i said we could use the easy programmatically fix as i pointed.
However each class has it’s own mechanics so this could be not applied to any other class because they have utility skills that are actually an attacking one we do not.

The only sources of real damage we have are weapon skills. So for the rangers would be enough to check if any skill from 1 to 5 has being pressed to be revealed.
Our LB#3 only last 3 seconds and with that i don’t think could be OP. Having that control would fix also all this problems about using piercing arrows, barrage or whatever right now make that skill completely BROKEN.

However to fix your assumption with dagger storm would be instead using skills 1-5, using a flag for “damage” skills. So when one of those is activated(pushing the button) the stealth is off.
Then the revealed effect could be used as well for Lightning Reflexes that do some damage when cast (although the damage is so low shouldn’t be there..).

With that they could fix any problem in the future. The Barrage has a cast time of 2 secs and execution time is around 6 seconds.

Does it mean we can’t use LB#3 for all that time?

Same problem with traps. Pet and condition damage is not taken in consideration. Why should be traps? We should be able to set them and be able to hide without the fear that any foe will trigger them and reveal us.

Also please,if any Anet staff is reading this: If we are hidden pet should NOT follow us in any case. They are making this skill completely useless.

At the end, the skill is for so narrowed use that make it mostly useless in most situations.

How easy do you want longbow to be? Why do you want ranger to be a low skill floor class?
Imo it’s great that you have to think about how you use your skills tacticly, and not just spam them.

Anyway, you ussually want to channel Barrage in stealth (Hunter’s Shot → Barrage) so you shouldn’t realy be in the situation of barrage not letting you stealth.
There’s also no reason to be using traps with a longbow build, but even if you do – be smart about it, you always have to think a few steps ahead.

Hunter’s Shot is working as intended, this is a L2P issue.

Griften

in Ranger

anduriell.6280

How easy do you want longbow to be? Why do you want ranger to be a low skill floor class?
Imo it’s great that you have to think about how you use your skills tacticly, and not just spam them.

Anyway, you ussually want to channel Barrage in stealth (Hunter’s Shot -> Barrage) so you shouldn’t realy be in the situation of barrage not letting you stealth.
There’s also no reason to be using traps with a longbow build, but even if you do – be smart about it, you always have to think a few steps ahead.

How easy? That sounds like when steve jobs said “you are not holding the phone right”.

Please spare me the L2P bs. It’s not about how you play is about doing things right. The skill is broken because is does not work as it supposed to be, you use it when you need to hide. Right now you must have too many things in mind thing that take the fun out from playing this class.

As i said this kind of problems you don’t have with other classes. That’s why is easier to play with them and not because the are OP compared to the ranger.
The ranger has many of his mechanics broken: Sword#3 doesn’t hit most of the time, Sword#1 root in place even delaying new commands, you can’t evade when needed.

If i use LB#3 is because i have to hide. Period. If i use Sword#2 is because i need to evade. When this things don’t work reliably we can say the skill is BROKEN. And we have many of this already.

I TOLD YOU SO

in Ranger

Tribio.8531

Please spare me the L2P bs.

While this is clearly an L2P issue, my friend..

It’s not about how you play is about doing things right. The skill is broken because is does not work as it supposed to be, you use it when you need to hide. Right now you must have too many things in mind thing that take the fun out from playing this class.

It seems that ranger is a bit too hard for you.. Might I suggest you try rolling a warrior?

As i said this kind of problems you don’t have with other classes. That’s why is easier to play with them and not because the are OP compared to the ranger.
The ranger has many of his mechanics broken: Sword#3 doesn’t hit most of the time, Sword#1 root in place even delaying new commands, you can’t evade when needed.

L2P.. No profession is better than the other one, it’s the player behind the keyboard that controls the character..
Give me a thief, and I’ll suck monkey balls.. Give me a ranger, and I’ll do some mayhem..

If i use LB#3 is because i have to hide. Period. If i use Sword#2 is because i need to evade. When this things don’t work reliably we can say the skill is BROKEN. And we have many of this already.

If you fail to use the skills decently and just like to complain about how broken they are.. sigh
Every time I use LB#3 I want to hide.. And guess what? I hide! Don’t be kitten and pull of barrage before going stealth, kitten

Fissure of Woe

in Ranger

DanSH.6143

Anyway, you ussually want to channel Barrage in stealth (Hunter’s Shot -> Barrage) so you shouldn’t realy be in the situation of barrage not letting you stealth.

How easy? That sounds like when steve jobs said “you are not holding the phone right”.

Please spare me the L2P bs. It’s not about how you play is about doing things right. The skill is broken because is does not work as it supposed to be, you use it when you need to hide. Right now you must have too many things in mind thing that take the fun out from playing this class.

No.
Our skills shouldn’t be perfect for every situation, they should take skill and knowledge to use effectively.
You could also complain about not being able to stealth off blocking/reflecting/dodging/blinding targets;

If you counterplay yourself then you need some more practice, with time you’d be able to use your skills more naturaly and you won’t be revealing yourself with Barrage/traps.

Out of curiosity, how long have you been playing gw2? And how long have you been playing Ranger? What build do you use? What mode do you play? (PvE/WvW/PvP)

Griften

in Ranger

Dahkeus.8243

You know…it is a lot like that. It’s amazing how quickly take forget that they’re using something as complex and impactful on people’s lives as an iPhone when they get caught up on one little quirk that inconveniences them.

Same thing here with GW2…

in Ranger

anduriell.6280

L2P.. No profession is better than the other one, it’s the player behind the keyboard that controls the character..
Give me a thief, and I’ll suck monkey balls.. Give me a ranger, and I’ll do some mayhem..

That’s why there are a lot of rangers in PVP boards. Because no one except you knows how to play correctly with the class. I see now…

If you fail to use the skills decently and just like to complain about how broken they are.. sigh
Every time I use LB#3 I want to hide.. And guess what? I hide! Don’t be kitten and pull of barrage before going stealth, kitten

Can we overcome this broken mechanics?? Yes. But undoubtedly would be more fun if we could actually focus in the strategy to follow in our attack instead having to think “oh no, i can’t use LB#5 because i could need to use LB#3 in the 15 seconds” or “i can’t choose piercing arrows trait if i’m using a LB”.

This class is about mobility and skirmish as you pointed before and any skill that limit that behavior is just BROKEN.

I TOLD YOU SO

in Ranger

Tribio.8531

“i can’t choose piercing arrows trait if i’m using a LB”.

Said it before: I have piercing arrows and I use LB.. :p

This class is about mobility and skirmish as you pointed before and any skill that limit that behavior is just BROKEN.

Ok, you really like that word “Broken” it seems.. Every post you make, you mention it (preferred in caps)..

Nevertheless, enough players here that contradict you (not only me).. So you either learn some lessons, or you just keep QQ’ing (don’t forget to mention “BROKEN”)..

Fissure of Woe

in Ranger

DanSH.6143

That’s why there are a lot of rangers in PVP boards. Because no one except you knows how to play correctly with the class. I see now…

Can we overcome this broken mechanics?? Yes. But undoubtedly would be more fun if we could actually focus in the strategy to follow in our attack instead having to think “oh no, i can’t use LB#5 because i could need to use LB#3 in the 15 seconds” or “i can’t choose piercing arrows trait if i’m using a LB”.

It’s not broken, what you’re asking for is mindlessly spamming skills with 0 risk.

Yes, if you use barrage you’re not gonna stealth for the next 6 seconds. It’s called " risk vs reward", If you want to be good, you have to plan ahead.

I recommend using Hunter’s Shot before Barrage, to set it up.

Griften

in Ranger

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

That sounds like your internet or computer having issues. There should be no delay at all between the skill hitting and stealthing you.

From Hungary the closest server is “Frankfurt”, aaaand all other things works mostly, except any kind of stealth vs Players… Client repaired but it’s still delayed.

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”