Is non condi build viable on ranger?

in Ranger

Posted by: Axl.8924

Axl.8924

I was talking to a guildy who mains as a guardian and mentions that condi is viable healer druid is viable, but not sure about non condi build.Something to do with the recent changes which is why i’m asking.

I have a lot of fun with using longbow and using greatsword and was wondering if i went full melee version if i’d be able to be viable, or is condi the only deal of dps?

in Ranger

Posted by: Kreed.2768

Kreed.2768

I play pretty much only LB ranger. Viable for what, though?

Lover of longbow rangers.
Party Hard in GW2!
My YouTube Channel!

in Ranger

Axl.8924

for raids fractals pvp maybe.I wanted to get a pet with loads of power and ferocity and just start shooting enemies dealing as much dmg as possible in physical dmg.

(edited by Axl.8924)

in Ranger

Posted by: Diak Atoli.2085

Diak Atoli.2085

First, and most important, question: What is your definition of viable?

In my opinion, power rangers are viable in high-level fractals and raids, but I don’t know enough about sPvP or WvW to say anything.

in Ranger

Axl.8924

My definition of viable is that i can do enough damage and survive that i don’t get kicked out of the group and told go condi for raids and fractals.Spvp is less important but fractals and raids are very important for me.

in Ranger

Posted by: Diak Atoli.2085

Diak Atoli.2085

Then my answer is yes, though in the end, it will depend on your play group.

in Ranger

Posted by: Yobculture.5786

Yobculture.5786

PvE wise, if you want to do high level fractals or raids then no.

Anything else is OK pretty much as long as you follow the meta

Far Shiverpeaks

in Ranger

Posted by: Kitty.1502

Kitty.1502

Really have to define viable. You will be getting carried in raids if you go power ranger. Fractals it is a bit less of an issue, since those are more about mechanics than anything.

WvW Roaming/sPvP power is still viable.

Tarnished Coast-[NOPE]
Kitten – Zerker Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitten
Kitty Smallpaw – Condi Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitty%20Smallpaw

in Ranger

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

I never use a cond build as ranger and I’m doing fine in all contents :P
(Not including raid though since I’m not so interested in it)

in Ranger

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

I was talking to a guildy who mains as a guardian and mentions that condi is viable healer druid is viable, but not sure about non condi build.Something to do with the recent changes which is why i’m asking.

I have a lot of fun with using longbow and using greatsword and was wondering if i went full melee version if i’d be able to be viable, or is condi the only deal of dps?

Power flies in PvE very well on a Druid. Same for a Ranger.

WvW? Group Dependent For Survivability

PvP? Group Dependent Period

Dungeons? Power works.

Fractals? Power works.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in Ranger

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Really have to define viable. You will be getting carried in raids if you go power ranger. Fractals it is a bit less of an issue, since those are more about mechanics than anything.

If you have a really good power build you don’t insta-die on, please share!

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

If you have a really good power build you don’t insta-die on, please share!

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNBjYDbkQFaZxSWwfFoaxykgB/TLqP1mAwjbC4E5ucZuSm2ZA-TVCFQBORJG72fQdPBQ3g+UrAAXAgsoEcSqqgQlHE8gAEAABwRP6RP6RPakCY1xAA-w

Covers all bases and pretty solid.

Edit: FYI the build editor is not updated, but the traits are in the correct position.

in Ranger

Axl.8924

So if i use that build heimskarl showed me i can do spvp?

What about common druid melee builds for fractals?

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

So if i use that build heimskarl showed me i can do spvp?

What about common druid melee builds for fractals?

For sPvP I’d go something more like this, then adjust it to suit yourself. Like go Menders Amulet if you are getting gibbed etc.

One I put on the other thread;
Power is perfectly viable for fractals and a Zerker Druid will fill that off-healing role as well as being able to buff your group with Frost/SunSpirits, Spotter and GotL. You just swap out bow for GS if you want pure melee. Although the bow is still used at melee range.

in Ranger

Posted by: Oberon Vex.1389

Oberon Vex.1389

Here is what I’ve been running since the patch. Same deal about the site not being current with the patch, but the traits are in correct positions.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNBjYDbkSFaVxKWwkF4axQiQ5l+q36fAkszMfuNdoXxd3A-TFSBQBP4CAQJ1fQ5BBAAPBA+t/gZUCeFlf4R3gogwI-w

Boon build with an emphasis on high self-quickness uptime. Haven’t had much survivability problems beyond my own skill shortcomings due to the high protection uptime as well. I left the food blank since the boon food is different now (I use fried golden dumplings for 100Concentration and might on crit but no reason you couldn’t take an offensive food if you prefer). You could also change the pets I suppose, but Moa’s are good for party support with their area heal and boon skills.

“We Heal as One” does 2k less healing but because of the way it works, it is as good as another use of a protection skill or quickness skill if you make sure to do your rotation correctly. You can also be at 25 stax of might alone for 3/4 of the time.

If no ranger in your party is running spotter, then it is likely you will be expected to swap to it.

in Ranger

Posted by: ParanoidKami.2867

ParanoidKami.2867

I went condi in sPvP and it worked fine. Tried both Druid and Core and Core is better for it.