Is taunt working as intended?

in Ranger

Posted by: WEXXES.2378

WEXXES.2378

This is the only class that has access to this type of CC so far.

As of right now, it is un-blockable and un-evadable. Is it supposed to be like that?

in Ranger

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Untill a dev gives us a confirmation it is hard to tell, especially since they were supposed to have fixed it or some of it in the later patches.
Some claim you cant dodge out of it halfway before it lands, that may sound like a bug, but again we dont know.

History says fixing ranger bugs takes time.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

Rangers are not not the only class with taunt, mesmers got it – https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mirror_of_Anguish
and also Revenant.
If its working as intended? No one knows for sure, A.net looked at it in one of the recent patches and saied its working as intended.
“Beastly Warden: Fixed an issue that allowed players to taunt targets that should not have been affected.”(July 7, 2015)
If you ask me, this CC in under close watch and we might see some changes until HOT release.

in Ranger

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Mirror of Anguish currently only reflects the Pet’s taunt back to it. Since pets never dodge or block, there is currently no way to tell if it works the same way.

The upcoming BWE will bring the chance to play Revenants again, so there is some time to test if it’s taunt in general or only Beastly Warden. In both cases i don’t think it’s ok for a 15s cd skill to work through both evades and blocks, preventing weapon swap and even work while the ranger is downed (though this is more a general issue with F2 skills working while downed).

in Ranger

Posted by: Rizo.9534

Rizo.9534

You can’t block or (skill)evade it, but you can dodgeRoll it.

in Ranger

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

even work while the ranger is downed (though this is more a general issue with F2 skills working while downed).

Calling it a “general issue” just makes you look really shortsighted.

(edited by Lazze.9870)

in Ranger

LughLongArm.5460

even work while the ranger is downed (though this is more a general issue with F2 skills working while downed).

No, it’s not. But I’d be happy to see you prove me wrong.

For the alst week it does working while u’r downed.

in Ranger

Lazze.9870

No, it’s not. But I’d be happy to see you prove me wrong.

For the alst week it does working while u’r downed

He was implying that ranger shouldn’t be able to control their pets in down state like they’re currently able to. Which is not only shortsighted, but if anything, rangers needs more control of their pets.

But that’s another topic.

in Ranger

Iavra.8510

Like i wrote, that’s more of a general issue with rangers having 2 ways to prevent stomps, while everyone else has only 1 (that is instantly available after getting downed).

But yes, let’s not derail the thread here, this is about taunt.

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Like i wrote, that’s more of a general issue with rangers having 2 ways to prevent stomps, while everyone else has only 1 (that is instantly available after getting downed).

But yes, let’s not derail the thread here, this is about taunt.

Actually, Ranger has a lot more than that and it is all working as intended.

in Ranger

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

we’re good on our backs, because we spend a lot of time on them.

…wait…

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

in Ranger

Posted by: Miyu.8137

Miyu.8137

Can you link a vid where we can exactly see that Taunt can’t be evaded or blocked? Cause so far, I see exactly the opossite.

in Ranger

Iavra.8510

It’s not mine, but i found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apOXAWbOC0c

in Ranger

Miyu.8137

I see, in that case there should be some list of skills which taunt goes over and it shoudln’t. So far it seems, that evade skills don’t work agaisnt taunt? Can that be?

I didn’t really test it, but I am honnestly certain that I dodged taunt and taunt doesn’t work against shield blocking skills, renewed focus, obsidian flesh and similiar skills.

in Ranger

LughLongArm.5460

I see, in that case there should be some list of skills which taunt goes over and it shoudln’t. So far it seems, that evade skills don’t work agaisnt taunt? Can that be?

I didn’t really test it, but I am honnestly certain that I dodged taunt and taunt doesn’t work against shield blocking skills, renewed focus, obsidian flesh and similiar skills.

Works vs blocks and skill evades, doesnt work vs dodge rolls and Invulnerability skills that prevent conditions.

in Ranger

Iavra.8510

There used to be this, too, but i’m not sure if it has been fixed since it’s already 1 month old: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI5yxAIoDD8

/edit: Probably has been fixed.

in Ranger

Posted by: blitzkrieg.2451

blitzkrieg.2451

Ok after doing alot of testing here’s sort of the run-down list of what taunt works and doesn’t work with:

Works with:

1. Weapon evade skills: Ranger GS swoop, Mesmer blurred frenzy, Sword #3 thief, etc
2. Dodge rolling – yes , taunt does work with dodge rolls, we spent about 30 minutes testing it at precise moments with bird pets and it does indeed work against dodge rolls.
3. Blocks , any blocks – Warrior block , Engineer block , Ele Shield

Doesn’t work with:

1. Stability
2. Invulnerability
3. Blinded pets

So it’s indeed broken right now, and should probably be fixed or we should atleast get a clarification on what it works and doesn’t work with by a dev. My assumption is they released a patch weeks prior that ‘fixed’ it but it really only fixed a couple things, which was going through invulns and stability. I’m pretty sure they’ll have it fixed soon though to not go through evades / blocks.

Thanks for pointing this out, but you might get a faster response from a dev if you post it into the actual bug forums too just to be sure.

Tanbin – Ranger / Thief / Ele
Maguuma

in Ranger

Posted by: Lettuce.2945

Lettuce.2945

Ok after doing alot of testing here’s sort of the run-down list of what taunt works and doesn’t work with:

Works with:

1. Weapon evade skills: Ranger GS swoop, Mesmer blurred frenzy, Sword #3 thief, etc
2. Dodge rolling – yes , taunt does work with dodge rolls, we spent about 30 minutes testing it at precise moments with bird pets and it does indeed work against dodge rolls.
3. Blocks , any blocks – Warrior block , Engineer block , Ele Shield

Doesn’t work with:

1. Stability
2. Invulnerability
3. Blinded pets

So it’s indeed broken right now, and should probably be fixed or we should atleast get a clarification on what it works and doesn’t work with by a dev. My assumption is they released a patch weeks prior that ‘fixed’ it but it really only fixed a couple things, which was going through invulns and stability. I’m pretty sure they’ll have it fixed soon though to not go through evades / blocks.

Thanks for pointing this out, but you might get a faster response from a dev if you post it into the actual bug forums too just to be sure.

It also doesn’t work with diamond skin ele (if he’s above hp threshold) and berserker’s stance on warr. Since taunt is now technically a condi. You also don’t need to stun break it if you’re on ele. Just cleanse it.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wuselknusel.4082

Wuselknusel.4082

I noticed that taunt neither stops channeled abilities, nor does it change the target of those abilities. I could be wrong, but I noticed this quite a few times already.

in Ranger

Miyu.8137

It also doesn’t work with diamond skin ele (if he’s above hp threshold) and berserker’s stance on warr. Since taunt is now technically a condi. You also don’t need to stun break it if you’re on ele. Just cleanse it.

Taunt never was condition, no clue where did you come to this. Taunt always was control efect skill.
" Taunt is a control effect that forces the affected target to run towards the source of taunt with all skills except stun breakers disabled while using their auto-attack skill."

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Taunt never was condition, no clue where did you come to this. Taunt always was control efect skill.
" Taunt is a control effect that forces the affected target to run towards the source of taunt with all skills except stun breakers disabled while using their auto-attack skill."

Same as fear, its a control effect, but also a condition, affected by condi duration and can be cleansed.

in Ranger

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

Depends in whose favour it is. Old GS fury? Recent Clarion Bond? These didn’t take long somehow.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Depends in whose favour it is. Old GS fury? Recent Clarion Bond? These didn’t take long somehow.

Yeah, yet Warrior can still stack 25 might in seconds with a banner and versatile power. I don’t get it, why don’t they just put an ICD on it like our traits? eh?

in Ranger

Iavra.8510

Since taunt is now technically a condi. You also don’t need to stun break it if you’re on ele. Just cleanse it.

Are you able to switch to water, though? Taunt prevents weaponswap (probably also a bug), so i’m not sure this would work.

in Ranger

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

I noticed that taunt neither stops channeled abilities, nor does it change the target of those abilities. I could be wrong, but I noticed this quite a few times already.

Could be true, I was ressing someone who then was about to get downed, I taunted the guy going for a stomp but it didnt interrupt his ongoing channel cast

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in Ranger

Iavra.8510

But Blurred Frenzy is also channeled and gets interrupted, so this would be yet another bug.

in Ranger

Rizo.9534

But Blurred Frenzy is also channeled and gets interrupted, so this would be yet another bug.

Yes! it have to interrupt Blurred Frenzy also!

in Ranger

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Taunt is supposed to go through blocks. I would think that is obvious. Blocks are weapon skills. Why would anyone expect a weapon skill to continue when your character mindlessly rages into auto attack?

This adds more skill to gameplay. Now there is a way to break characters out of long blocks. Ever see a pesky little engineer running around on point with gear shield up half the time?

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in Ranger

Iavra.8510

If this is working as intended, this will make Guardian’s Shelter useless once Revenant (and possibly the Warrior specialization, since i expect it to get Taunt) are released.

I don’t think adding more and more unblockable skills is “adding more skill”. It makes blocks and classes that rely on it useless and promotes spamming.

in Ranger

Rizo.9534

My ranger have 0 block skills, so i’m fine with unblockable skills.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Counterattack.

in Ranger

Lazze.9870

Since taunt is now technically a condi. You also don’t need to stun break it if you’re on ele. Just cleanse it.

Are you able to switch to water, though? Taunt prevents weaponswap (probably also a bug), so i’m not sure this would work.

No, it’s not a bug. You’re forced to attack with the weapon you used when taunted. They even said that when introducing it. Not every single thing benfiting the ranger is an “issue”, you know.

in Ranger

Posted by: Arcaedus.7290

Arcaedus.7290

Rangers are not not the only class with taunt, mesmers got it – https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mirror_of_Anguish

Yo I heard you like taunts, so I put up this mirror to taunt your taunting taunter so that we’re both taunted at each other.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kolisch.4691

Kolisch.4691

It would make logical sense for the taunt to be blocked out only by means of closing access to the ear lobes. So wear the winterday earmuffs.

HoT = Grind Wars 2
HoT = WvW players forced to PVE

in Ranger

Posted by: Lettuce.2945

Lettuce.2945

Taunt was patched in the last patch. It is a condition now. You can cleanse it. Go test it with an ele and cleansing fire.

And @ the guy who asked me if you can change attunements while taunted, the answer is yes.

in Ranger

Rizo.9534

Counterattack.

I know these skill, but i’m running only Condition builds now, and GS are worst choice for that.

Other classes have Block from Util/Heal skills/Kits/passives and ranger have Only from GS.
We can call it PRojectileBlock because if someone will attack you in meele range, you will be rooted.