Is this Spirit behavior intended?

in Ranger

Posted by: Minibiskit.6158

Minibiskit.6158

I noticed today that my spirits and pet count toward the 5-target cap for my spirit’s pulsing auras. So with 4 spirits summoned (Water spirit, Sun spirit, Stone spirit, Frost spirit) only my pet and spirits are benefiting from the spirit auras. Why are ranger spirits and pets prioritized higher than players to receive spirit auras? I can’t even benefit from my Nature’s Vengeance boons in the crowded open world environment.

This makes it entirely pointless to stack multiple spirits. I really hope this isn’t intended.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

This is a known bug. If you have 2 spirits they will buff each other, pretty bad/sad.

in Ranger

Posted by: Minibiskit.6158

Minibiskit.6158

Thanks for the clarification Sina. Hope this gets resolved soon.

in Ranger

Posted by: Reem.3578

Reem.3578

Omg this is Soooo annoying! Especially in a raid… gotta keep this thread up! :<

“You judge too much with your eyes alone…”

And yes, i play [Teef] :)

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

And since this is nothing that benefits the ranger, its not a priority to fix.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

And since this is nothing that benefits the ranger, its not a priority to fix.

So true. :-)

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

spirits need to be 10 target cap , to solve all these issues.

in Ranger

Posted by: Reem.3578

Reem.3578

THIS. Even though i know it’d never happen… >.>

“You judge too much with your eyes alone…”

And yes, i play [Teef] :)

in Ranger

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

Even with that change you’d just end up buffing your spirits, dorky pet and all the mesmer clones, leaving rest of the raid buffless :x

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Even with that change you’d just end up buffing your spirits, dorky pet and all the mesmer clones, leaving rest of the raid buffless :x

that would only count if you had 10 minions/pets or clones on the field at all times , which would mean running 2x minion masters more than 5 rangers or more than 4xmesmers with non-shatter support, at any given time there is around 15 viable targets for spirit buffs in a raid (if everyone stacks on one location which is not often at all) increasing to cap 10 targets means minion masters gain a buff rather than a player target.

it would give Anet a reason to give Minion summons a condi stat too/ treat minions like our pets.

ironicly if they just fixed this buff application bug , it wouldn’t solve the core issues of spirits because they would only effect players and never any supporting summons or core utilties that mesmer/necros even other ranger pets .

would you rather hav the buff on 5 players or 15 Alternating between 1-2 spirits on a 10 target cap?

the issues with spirits goes far beyond just Rangers / spirits it also effects Summons and pets outside of our own charaters e.g where is roxes pet in story does it gain our spirit buffs? at its core spirits are flawed with a 5 target cap that will effect players first leaving no room for anything else.

it also does not match Raid target levels nor that of dungeons or teams with a group that Exceeds the target cap of the current 5 limit which means pets/minons never recivive buffs.

fixing the application issues and increasing to target 10 cap solves many issuesand makes spirits in that Enviromental area effect it should be and effect everything in its radius but obviously needs a hard cap for WvW reasons.

(edited by Zenos Osgorma.2936)

in Ranger

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

Uhhh, ok? In your previous post you only mentioned raising the cap, nothing about actually fixing the core issue of how the spirits are applying their buffs. Of course if the spirits prioritize players over all the other junk then that’s a whole another story.

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Fix:
Spirits prioritize players first, that’s it.
Anything more than that, like applying their buffs to more ‘entities’ would be welcome, but isn’t a fix to the core issue.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Posted by: Sicarius.4639

Sicarius.4639

Fix:
Spirits prioritize players first, that’s it.
Anything more than that, like applying their buffs to more ‘entities’ would be welcome, but isn’t a fix to the core issue.

Fix: “We’ve updated the tooltip to reflect in-game mechanics”.

in Ranger

Posted by: Cbomb.4310

Cbomb.4310

its a bug with phants too.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Yep, it’s a huge reason you’re not seeing a lot of spirit rangers out there. But definitely not the only reason.

Gone to Reddit.

in Ranger

Posted by: Yelloweyedemon.2860

Yelloweyedemon.2860

It’s a bug. Report it and hope it will get fixed soon. Currently ALL player minions priorise other minions for their buffs.

It’s not only spirits, its also pets, Necro minions, Mesmer clones etc…

in Ranger

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Given the huge amount of bugs still on the ranger and druid list, I’m not holding my breath for any fast fixes. Now, if people demanded we needed a nerf, a fast ‘fix’ would definitely be on the way.

Gone to Reddit.

in Ranger

Posted by: Prophet.1584

Prophet.1584

please post this in pvp forums:

nerf spirits NEOW!!! I was pvping and saw that ranger spirit buffs are all over the mesmer clones making them hit harder AND apply burning blah blah blah

I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sulfarius.1756

Sulfarius.1756

Spirits should not be able to targeted by boons but the Fortifying Bond trait should also affect your summoned spirits. This way they will still benefit from boons that are applied to you but won’t hinder your support just because you’re there. As far as I’m concerned pets should just have the same boons as the ranger and not count as an extra target also. It’s just another thing that makes ranger support just more annoying for no reason at all. Our pets can actually make other players that need a heal not receive it cus the pet counts as a target. That’s pretty messed up.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sulfarius.1756

Sulfarius.1756

Spirits should not be able to targeted by boons but the Fortifying Bond trait should also affect your summoned spirits. This way they will still benefit from boons that are applied to you but won’t hinder your support just because you’re there. As far as I’m concerned pets should just have the same boons as the ranger and not count as an extra target also. It’s just another thing that makes ranger support just more annoying for no reason at all. Our pets can actually make other players that need a heal not receive it cus the pet counts as a target. That’s pretty messed up.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sicarius.4639

Sicarius.4639

Given the huge amount of bugs still on the ranger and druid list, I’m not holding my breath for any fast fixes. Now, if people demanded we needed a nerf, a fast ‘fix’ would definitely be on the way.

T-minus 48 hours…