It may be the case that SB + QB damage was too strong

in Ranger

Posted by: Turtles All The Way Down.5608

Turtles All The Way Down.5608

Bu the solution for this is not to demolish SB damage, the solution is to remove quickness because quickness is stupid.

Everything that has excellent synergy with quickness (sb auto, pistol whip, 100blades, mesmer’s sword combo) bursts too high and looks overpowered because quickness is an awful mechanic. The game is getting balanced around it when half the classes don’t even have access to the buff.

edit: eh… sb+qz, you know what I mean

in Ranger

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

No,the solution is to fix animations glitch and big asura heads

in Ranger

Posted by: neoxide.7320

neoxide.7320

Longbow ranger here. QZ makes up for kitteny weapons being kitteny. But it makes decent weapons OP.

in Ranger

Posted by: ilJumperMT.4871

ilJumperMT.4871

lol SB + QZ was too strong?

Sorry but Sjhortbow sucks compared to Thief Shortbow

in Ranger

Posted by: Swagger McStrutprance.9340

Swagger McStrutprance.9340

SB + QZ was only good against bad players. Rangers has pretty much NO “oh kitten I need to dodge this ability” abilities, while others classes has a decent number of attacks worth dodging. This means you could just save your best defensive ability or your endurance for when the ranger pops QZ, and suddenly there’s no longer anything to fear.

This is why I’ve completely stopped using QZ in pvp, it’s gotten to the point where most people have learned what the big hitters other classes has in their arsenal.

in Ranger

Posted by: Vecuu.2018

Vecuu.2018

No,the solution is to fix animations glitch and big asura heads

Milk just came out my nose.

That patch was silly.

Jaded [Jade] – Darkhaven Server
Jaded.boards.net – Your future home

in Ranger

Posted by: Dante Dragonhand.2538

Dante Dragonhand.2538

Quit kittening crying, good lord. No the kittening nerf isnt that bad, yes it was a nerf. No thief shortbow isnt better than ranger shortbow, yes shortbow + QZ was pretty stupidly strong. I used a glass cannon power/crit shortbow build, I was hitting 1400-1500 crits per hit on squishies, now multiply that by 16, I did a dps test against glass cannon longbow build and rapid fire did the same damage as cross fire did but the difference was rapid fire during QZ is only 10 hits and shortbow is 16-20. I melted people. I literally had to do nothing but pop QZ, auto attack, take a bite of food, then swap pets for a 6 sec rapid fire that stacked bleeds.

So dont come crying on the forums acting like they ruined shortbow, they didnt, they made it less powerful. Was it OP? No, but it was stupid how all you had to do was auto attack for your damage. Even now I used the shortbow build and its still nearly as strong with a slightly barely noticeably slower damage output. If you wanna act like they just shot your kitten cat then go reroll and kitten anet doesnt care about your QQ, they dont and wont buff or nerf based on the amount of QQ going around. I still melt people in a QZ, and when QZ is over I auto attack for a constant flow of 1k+ damage.

How about you guys atleast complain about something worthy like us being the only class who has the trait for our oh kitten button, or the fact that 40% of our dps cant hit moving targets and the other 60% if using a bow gets randomly obstructed. How about the fact that f2 command is unresponsive alot of times or lick your wounds doesnt work 50% of the time. Flame on, but truth is, if you think they ruined shortbow, you are bad, you played it wrong, you needed a crutch, reroll thief. Problem solved.

in Ranger

Posted by: Vorkk.4927

Vorkk.4927

I picked a ranger because they were supposed to be the masters of the bow. We took a 30% nerf to our most reliable weapon. Most of the other weapons have huge issues or just don’t cut it in the dps department. Most of us aren’t crying because they ruined the shortbow. We’re crying because they messed up the most reliable way we had to play and lied to us about what they did to it. They took the least broken item we had and made it worse when there are so many issues. I don’t think it has anything to do with us sucking or not knowing the class. The fact that we played the SB shows we knew the class. We figured out quickly enough that everything else kinda sucked for the class. It still had it’s issues and so did/does the longbow but they used to be somewhat fun at least. Now they have been nerfed. Whatever damage you used to do, wars can do better with a bow. It’s fairly sad. I think that posting such a post when people are asking for fixes and you not grasping that the SB issue was the last draw is quite funny. You say that we do not comprehend how to use the class but it rather seems like it’s you who doesn’t understand what most of us have been saying-not that the SB nerf ruined the class but rather that the class had so many issues that this nerf pretty much collapsed the class or what was left of it.

My ranger is 80 in full exotics and is about 90% done the map. Once he’s done the map, I will make an alt most likely or move onto another game if the devs cannot find fixes for the ranger. After all, who wants to play a game where they do not listen to their players nor do they really grasp how their own game works.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dante Dragonhand.2538

Dante Dragonhand.2538

The game has been our little longer than a month, give it time. I know they will do some massive fixes for both ranger and necro soon, I just dont know when. People are crying that shortbow is ruined, its not, thats my point. I get that it was the only reliable thing we had range wise as a ranger but ever thought that being able to kill 90% of the people out there with auto attack + QZ was op? And their response is to nerf it slightly, SLIGHTLY. People just wanna complain about stupid kitten when there is more legit stuff to complain about.

Im with you tho, I made ranger to be an archer, I have mad love for bows and the bow skins are amazing. But when you tickle enemies to death with something that was known as 1 of the greatest most dangerous weapons in history, then it gets on your kitten nerves. Oh and btw, went into pvp again today, fought 3 people 3v1 with a signet glass cannon build with shortbow and killed all of them while being downed myself, using literally only auto attack for damage. Yes they werent that great and yes with cds rangers damage is on par with alot of classes, difference is those classes dont need big cds to do the damage ranger does with signets and elites activated.

in Ranger

Posted by: Vorkk.4927

Vorkk.4927

I really hope you’re right and that fixes are inc soon. A lot of people are jumping ship already and very soon there will only be a handful of us left.

I also like the bow skins. That’s one thing I can give them credit on.

I can agree that the ranger is not 100% dead. A skilled ranger is still able to get things done. You just need to work around or with the bugs atm which is what I’m trying my best to do. I’m using the sword and a warhorn to buff and the torch to dps/ae but I miss my bows. Even the longbow has so many issues and does so little dmg that I don’t use it and it’s too bad because I REALLY enjoy barrage.. However what I enjoy isn’t what’s best dps atm so I have to be smart and play another way. It is upsetting because the reason why I chose the ranger was for both bows. I wanted to have SB as my main and Longbow as my other weapon. I would love to switch back and forth, give them both a different skin… But I am also a bit of a perfectionist. I check my dps and always try to better it. I don’t know how you see the class but I see my ranger as a DPS. We of course have utilities but I mainly see myself as damage. With that said, I don’t get to enjoy the bows like I would. Even for others who would enjoy the GS or…there are so many flaws. Nerfing the one thing that wasn’t so borked was kind of a silly move.

in Ranger

Posted by: DegX.3685

DegX.3685

ANet need to resolve that!
I really don’t care if this game is at start but ranger and necro are pureley jokes!
I have my ranger level 80 full exo and now I really don’t like this game so much because my ranger now I pretty useless.
And NO! I don’t want to waste my time and gold to switch weapons and builds!Anet need to resolve that.
Give me one reason to play anymore this game or to play with ranger, I don’t want to with start another profession because I don’t know what ANet wants to make with all profession in next updates!
Great ANet, great!
NOW, I really regret gems what spend in my ranger.