It's amazing when half our damage..

in Ranger

Posted by: Rannulf.9417

Rannulf.9417

..comes from pets and they die in 5 sec when you command them to do anything in PvP (WvW) or PvE.

(edited by Rannulf.9417)

in Ranger

Posted by: Causic.3798

Causic.3798

Plus when you F1 at a thief, and he goes in stealth the pet resets and wont continue to fight him :/
Why cant they make pets like mesmers Phantasms that will attack the thief as soon as he comes back out, quite annoying having to recast F1 everytime (considering im aiming to kill other people, I just sick my pet at them to scare them off).

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Plus when you F1 at a thief, and he goes in stealth the pet resets and wont continue to fight him :/
Why cant they make pets like mesmers Phantasms that will attack the thief as soon as he comes back out, quite annoying having to recast F1 everytime (considering im aiming to kill other people, I just sick my pet at them to scare them off).

Omg this…. This change alone would make fighting thieves a hell of a lot easier instead of the long drawn out annoying struggle it currently is.

Note: it’s possible to kill them, and I do it regularly but this would make it A LOT easier for us BMs

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: Dante Dragonhand.2538

Dante Dragonhand.2538

There are alot of things wrong with pets, idk why they havent touched them where it matters most yet. Survivability….. I shouldnt have to trait for my pet to be super durable, I should be able to have my pet not die in seconds when I send it past a warrior, and he is using 100b and it kills pet in the 2 secs it takes for him to cross that warrior.

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

There are alot of things wrong with pets, idk why they havent touched them where it matters most yet. Survivability….. I shouldnt have to trait for my pet to be super durable, I should be able to have my pet not die in seconds when I send it past a warrior, and he is using 100b and it kills pet in the 2 secs it takes for him to cross that warrior.

After playing a non pet based build (I know weird) I have to agree with this, sure if I put 30 points in my pet it shrugs of hits like a kittening champion, but I shouldn’t NEED to do that, I mean kitten, my Mesmer doesn’t need to drop 30pounts to have good shatters, nor does my ele need to drop 30 points to utilize his attunement a why should my ranger -have- to invest 30 points to have a good pet?

PS: I am a BM and will be a BM regardless of what they do with pets, but we’re supposed to play how we want, not be pigeonholed into 30pts BM for half our damage to be useful.

in Ranger

Posted by: Gelltor.3015

Gelltor.3015

Okay,seriously what do ye do to pets?Do ye just click F1 and forget about it? The only place i ever see my pet die that quickly is in dungeons,against things that will kill a player in the same amount of time….

in Ranger

Posted by: ChillyChinaman.6057

ChillyChinaman.6057

After playing a non pet based build (I know weird) I have to agree with this, sure if I put 30 points in my pet it shrugs of hits like a kittening champion, but I shouldn’t NEED to do that, I mean kitten, my Mesmer doesn’t need to drop 30pounts to have good shatters, nor does my ele need to drop 30 points to utilize his attunement a why should my ranger -have- to invest 30 points to have a good pet?

PS: I am a BM and will be a BM regardless of what they do with pets, but we’re supposed to play how we want, not be pigeonholed into 30pts BM for half our damage to be useful.

It is debatable whether Elementalists need 30 points in Arcane to work well. Just pointing that out. I will agree that 30 points is de-facto mandatory if you want your pet to anything more than dead wait or a buff bot.

in Ranger

Posted by: Siobhan.3582

Siobhan.3582

Sorry but I NEVER lose my pets in wpvp or spvp that fast.

First off, learn to swap, learn when to f3 and also when to regen and heal them up.

And I run the dps pets like the birds and cats for pvp and don’t have them die like the op is overstating..

I run only 20 in BM. Works really well.

And yeah, I can spout out my resume on hours played, classes etc if you all want. Because someone will come and say I am level 15 or never spvp or wpvp etc..

That one person.

in Ranger

Posted by: Relair.1843

Relair.1843

Necromancers are in the same boat, there is exactly ONE build you have to use to get all the pet traits and not have them just die if a stiff breeze comes along, and even then they still die if a really stiff breeze comes along. I can’t for the life of me figure out why Anet doesn’t give pets some kind of aoe dmg reduction like in every other mmo. Especially since 90% of their boss fights are either: a) lol100millionredcirclesonthegroundlol or b) boss who spins/charges and one shots anyone who gets hit. What are you supposed to do? Pets can’t freaking dodge and they don’t get out of the lava/poison/etc. For a game built on the premise that you must dodge 1 hit ko’s and must not stand in the lava this seems like a ridiculous oversight. At least rangers can call their pet back in time sometimes before they are completely toast.

in Ranger

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Agreed, pets (not just Ranger’s) are a liability at the moment that seriously undermines our damage output. If anything, pets need to get a (75% at least) passsive damage reduction against random AoE.

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

It is debatable whether Elementalists need 30 points in Arcane to work well. Just pointing that out. I will agree that 30 points is de-facto mandatory if you want your pet to anything more than dead wait or a buff bot.

Ele, ranger, and mes are the 3 classes i play the most (70% ranger, 20% ele 10% mes) and i don’t use arcane, have no issues, then again, i use a staff so if i have super swapping i’m going to be stomping on my own toes by not being able to use the skill i need due to the long CD on a lot of the skills… For daggers/scepter on the other hand, you could argue it’s mandatory shrugs all opinion to me.

@Relair, well tbh necros mechanic isn’t their pet so it makes sense that you should have to invest into a certain tree in order to have really strong pets. However if you needed to invest points for deathshroud to be useful, that’d be an entirely different story!! However, i do agree that they should just put an AoE reduction on all pets (spirits included).

NOTE: The reason i say the pets on necro makes sense that they put points in to make them really strong (no points and they’re still strong, just you can’t rely entirely on them), kinda like traps on a ranger, mantras mesmer, etc etc.

in Ranger

Posted by: lchan.2169

lchan.2169

its a amazing how bad some ranger players are. 5 sec and you have a dead pet?…lol…I can single handedly hold a mob of ten off in cursed shore.

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

its a amazing how bad some ranger players are. 5 sec and you have a dead pet?…lol…I can single handedly hold a mob of ten off in cursed shore.

How many points do you have in BM? I can do the same, but i have 30 points in BM which makes my pet a force to be reckoned with, 0 points in BM is a different story because then he’s made of paper.

in Ranger

Posted by: Engels.8537

Engels.8537

THIS is my main complain about pets right now. Especially while fighting p/d thieves. My pet loses aggro every time he goes into stealth and even if I dodge to evade his sneak attacks, my pet just stands there shouting “C&D me pl0x”, so my best alternative is to let my pet die and lose the chance to swap it every 20 secs to gain quickness.

I hate it.

Don’t talk to me about toughness and vitality, damage avoidance is all in this game

in Ranger

Posted by: lchan.2169

lchan.2169

How many points do you have in BM? I can do the same, but i have 30 points in BM which makes my pet a force to be reckoned with, 0 points in BM is a different story because then he’s made of paper.

i actually have 0 points for BM. My traits are 10/30/20/10/0. I use traps and i hold an axe/torch. Both my pets are bear so they last longer.

in Ranger

Posted by: fivekiller.1432

fivekiller.1432

THIS is my main complain about pets right now. Especially while fighting p/d thieves. My pet loses aggro every time he goes into stealth and even if I dodge to evade his sneak attacks, my pet just stands there shouting “C&D me pl0x”, so my best alternative is to let my pet die and lose the chance to swap it every 20 secs to gain quickness.

I hate it.

Yep, it is for this reason that simply increasing the pets movement speed or hitbox won’t really solve the issue of the useless pet.

I have been in many fights with thieves where my pet did not hit the thief once. Where the pet didn’t seem to even try to hit the thief either.

-Desirz Matheon

in Ranger

Posted by: andy.7813

andy.7813

Its not amazing its just lame that we cant use " core" part of our class. In wvw pets die way to fast , and yes I dont want to go 30 p. in to Bm to have a bit better pet. When you fight in grp vs grp with all aoe on the ground pet most of the time cant get to target alive. I dont understand why Anet dores not fix or at least consider to fix or buff up pets. F2 skill speed lolz. :/

ps. Since shortbow was nerfed because ’boring " nr 1 skill on it, will thifes borring dagger spawn skill nerf is on the horizon to?

English is not my native language so srry for any misspells

in Ranger

Dante Dragonhand.2538

Sorry but I NEVER lose my pets in wpvp or spvp that fast.

First off, learn to swap, learn when to f3 and also when to regen and heal them up.

And I run the dps pets like the birds and cats for pvp and don’t have them die like the op is overstating..

I run only 20 in BM. Works really well.

And yeah, I can spout out my resume on hours played, classes etc if you all want. Because someone will come and say I am level 15 or never spvp or wpvp etc..

Thats more about micro managing not pets. I can keep my pet alive in a group fight by switching him out too, point is, we shouldnt have too, not like that. I shouldnt send my pet into a group fight and have him be insta gibbed or have to swap him out in seconds, thats not only a huge kitten loss to dps but a pointless waste of time. Send your other pet in while ur swap is on cd and then what? Yea, pets in combat die in seconds unless you get the regen/prot/30 in bm going on, and I shouldnt have to do that. I should have to worry about pet only when he is being focused on, I love what wow did with their hunters. Pets unless traited did no real damage and were used for their utilities, and they had huge health pools and took 90% less damage from aoe, anet should adopt that idea.

in Ranger

Posted by: Cempa.5619

Cempa.5619

Give pets a passive AE avoidance! Say like +9x%
Pets always move behind the target!
Lower pet ‘death’ CD for swap.
Soul Link? lol

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Against bosses in dungeons it’s even less than 5 seconds, idiot. And f3 won’t come close to saving them. A single CM explorable rifleman’s shot to most non-tank pets with 30 points in BM will one-shot them.

So take that smug demeanor elsewhere.

in Ranger

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

i actually have 0 points for BM. My traits are 10/30/20/10/0. I use traps and i hold an axe/torch. Both my pets are bear so they last longer.

My bear can also hold 10+ mobs on the Cursed Shore, but that’s not what were talking about here.. that isn’t the issue. The OP is talking about WvW, sPvP, and dungeons.

My bear can’t last more than 5s on any champion using AoE in the vicinity, and I run 10 points in BM, so your 0 points will fair no better.

IMO, the pets should only account for like 10%, maybe 20% max for dps, but have at least 100-150% more durability than they do, because they do not dodge/roll, or have any evasive skills.

We shouldn’t have to constantly swap, that gets annoying (yes I play other classes because I get sick of losing half my dps half the time). When you swap, you lose a portion of dps each time. The quickness doesn’t always account for more dps, when there is still obstruction issues with bows.

in Ranger

Dante Dragonhand.2538

Yea, having to swap so much is stupid and non efficient. We should only have to swap once in awhile not every fricken time we fight.

in Ranger

Posted by: MeGaZlo.9516

MeGaZlo.9516

I think the devs just believe that the ranger is much cooler than it actually is.

in Ranger

Dante Dragonhand.2538

I think the devs just believe that the ranger is much cooler than it actually is.

They must. JP already said he thinks longbow is in a good spot, hopefully he takes a gander at my thread and decides hmmmm, this guys ideas are actually quite good, better than mine, lets test….I never thought Id miss and prefere gw1 ranger over gw2.

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Yeah, this truly sucks. Some classes (read: thieves) have it so kitten easy, and we have to work so hard to be on the same level. Mr Peters really ought to step it up and fix stuff like this, pets should automatically be all over that thief the moment (s)he comes out of stealth. Instead, we should be glad if our pets gets to land any attacks before the thief goes back into stealth.

In so many ways, phantasms/illusions and thief elite “Thieves Guild” are working better than our pet, and that is the biggest joke of the day. Ranger pet should be no#1 compared to all other classes’ pets/minions/whatever – there shouldn’t even be any question about it.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

Yea, having to swap so much is stupid and non efficient. We should only have to swap once in awhile not every fricken time we fight.

Yeah this is stupid and I hate it.

I don’t want to micro manage my pet, and even if the pet recovers to 80% health it still stands there doing nothing.

I would like the option (Like GW1) of not having a pet, and a buff to compensate for not having it.

They are useless in WvW and a liability in dungeons and the Ranger has a massive disadvantage.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

in Ranger

Dante Dragonhand.2538

I don’t want to micro manage my pet, and even if the pet recovers to 80% health it still stands there doing nothing.

I would like the option (Like GW1) of not having a pet, and a buff to compensate for not having it.

Been wanting that, having a perma stow option in and out of combat, and when pet is stowed having us gain a flat 40% damage buff to compensate for lack of damage and utility and cc pet brings. There are times I like my pet, like when lickwounds works, or when Im downed, or when Im in the water, or when Im hitting a stationary target in a flat open field. Othertimes I hate it, like when Im sniping on a perch and pet either cant path down there or takes a long time to run down and then gets hit with an aoe so I gotta swap. sigh I wonder what game Ill play if I quit, any suggestions of gaves with good archer classes, prefereably act like snipers? Gonna be hard playing something that wont let me dodge.

in Ranger

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

Dante Dragonhand
“sigh I wonder what game Ill play if I quit, any suggestions of gaves with good archer classes, prefereably act like snipers? Gonna be hard playing something that wont let me dodge.”

I have a couple I’ll be moving on to when they’re out, better not mention them here.

I personally won’t miss the dodging, will still be able to kite.

I think there might be some serious competition for GW2 early in 2013.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

in Ranger

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

I actually find this to be incredibly annoying and wish it worked that way also.

As for the rest of the complaints, if I watch my pet I can keep it from dying, sure it will die sometimes in PVE, but Its not that bad..

Watching most Rangers play though, i’d say a good 90% of them pay zero attention to their pet once it is sent in, I see them die all the time in World vs World, I see them die in PvE… and then they wonder why they’re not doing so hot on their Ranger.

Honestly i’d say a good portion of the Rangers out there should of played a Warrior..Cause they honestly don’t know how to manage a pet.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in Ranger

Dante Dragonhand.2538

Dante Dragonhand
“sigh I wonder what game Ill play if I quit, any suggestions of gaves with good archer classes, prefereably act like snipers? Gonna be hard playing something that wont let me dodge.”

I have a couple I’ll be moving on to when they’re out, better not mention them here.

I personally won’t miss the dodging, will still be able to kite.

I think there might be some serious competition for GW2 early in 2013.

Could you give me the names of those games? Im really not interested in sci fi games but if there is nothing else out Ill play them. Pm them too me if you can.

I actually find this to be incredibly annoying and wish it worked that way also.

As for the rest of the complaints, if I watch my pet I can keep it from dying, sure it will die sometimes in PVE, but Its not that bad..

Watching most Rangers play though, i’d say a good 90% of them pay zero attention to their pet once it is sent in, I see them die all the time in World vs World, I see them die in PvE… and then they wonder why they’re not doing so hot on their Ranger.

Honestly i’d say a good portion of the Rangers out there should of played a Warrior..Cause they honestly don’t know how to manage a pet.

True, alot of rangers cant manage pets, but them dying doesnt automatically make that ranger bad. I think myself quite good at pvp and my pet dies all the time, because even tho I micro manage him, he has to attack or Im doing little to no damage and Im no real use to anyone. Problem is, unless you trait for it, your pet dies so easily, atleast birds and cats, it shouldnt be like that plain and simple. Its not like mesmers have to worry about their clones dying or guardians their spirit weps, or necro their minions, atleast they can take some hits. I ran into a glass cannon ranger on my rifle warrior and he tried LoSing me while his raven bird attacked me, so I volleyed the bird and killed it in one volley, then proceeded to murder the ranger, its just sad.

And its not that I hate pets, in fact I love them sometimes, I just wish I wasnt forced to use one. I also wish they could get to be huge, like a twilight sized wolf or some kitten.

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Been wanting that, having a perma stow option in and out of combat, and when pet is stowed having us gain a flat 40% damage buff to compensate for lack of damage and utility and cc pet brings. There are times I like my pet, like when lickwounds works, or when Im downed, or when Im in the water, or when Im hitting a stationary target in a flat open field. Othertimes I hate it, like when Im sniping on a perch and pet either cant path down there or takes a long time to run down and then gets hit with an aoe so I gotta swap. sigh I wonder what game Ill play if I quit, any suggestions of gaves with good archer classes, prefereably act like snipers? Gonna be hard playing something that wont let me dodge.

I think noone would use their pets (especially in s/tpvp) if we were to get a 40% damage increase by stowing them.
Stop asking for that. We should ask for fixes to the pets, not asking to get rid of them. In GW2, ranger = beastmaster (more or less), like it or leave it.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Dante Dragonhand.2538

I think noone would use their pets (especially in s/tpvp) if we were to get a 40% damage increase by stowing them.
Stop asking for that. We should ask for fixes to the pets, not asking to get rid of them. In GW2, ranger = beastmaster (more or less), like it or leave it.

kitten that, Ill leave it then. Ranger isnt a beastmaster, that was never the original intent from anet, sadly its becoming that. And no I wont stop asking for it, because one, people wont stop using pets, just those who dont want to use them. I will even keep using them, just not in every….single…situation. Two, 40% damage buff to ranger is copletely fair, my pets do atleast 40-50% of my damage and Im a glass cannon. My average rapid fire on squishies is around 10k, 40% added on would make it 14k, only uber strong if every single arrow crits, now lets see what else hits for that number, mesmer shatters, several ele skills, necros can chain skills back to back for 15-20k damage, kill shot and 100blades, backstab+steal, ect….. Point is, it wouldnt be op, it would be fair, I dont enjoy seeing my damage cut so drastically because my pet cant path, stowing my pet and becoming a ranged threat would make enemies think twice about leaving me alone.

I dont think they will ever get rid of pets or make them perma stowable, so yes fixing them is the next best thing, doesnt change the fact that I shouldnt be FORCED to play with them.

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Against bosses in dungeons it’s even less than 5 seconds, idiot. And f3 won’t come close to saving them. A single CM explorable rifleman’s shot to most non-tank pets with 30 points in BM will one-shot them.

Tell that to my fern mastif and moa, they just keep chugging through, and they’ve been shot while MOVING which is what does the most damage. Don’t know how a bird or a cat would last, but i’m guessing not well because they have kitten poor survivability.

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

They are useless in WvW and a liability in dungeons and the Ranger has a massive disadvantage.

Just throwing my 2 cents in, if they make it so the pet is no longer the ranger mechanic, they better give us kittening Comfort Animal to take as a utility like in GW1 with a short CD that rezes pet to half health upon cast, is required for your pet to be there, and can heal (maybe just remove condis and apply some prot?) your pet.

Then they could buff up the raw damage of rangers all around, pets would be there for those who want em, rangers would have damage all around everyone happy!!

PS: It’d probably be better to just implement comfort animal as an elite if they were to do it because i could just see the kitten storm that’d be going around if it was just a utility. And NO, you shouldn’t be able to ignore the prof mechaic and get a buff, they should detach pets as the prof mechanic and add something else if they were to give rangers a non pet function. Maybe something like expertise, give us a forage skill, a stealth, a cripple/movement boost etc (something to show our attunement to nature)

in Ranger

Zenith.7301

Tell that to my fern mastif and moa, they just keep chugging through, and they’ve been shot while MOVING which is what does the most damage. Don’t know how a bird or a cat would last, but i’m guessing not well because they have kitten poor survivability.

So cats and birds are effectively banned from the most important content? I play greatsword; it’s not like f3 actually does anything meaningful since the pet was besides me to begin with — and if I want to get it out I basically have to kill my own dps to go ranged.

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

So cats and birds are effectively banned from the most important content? I play greatsword; it’s not like f3 actually does anything meaningful since the pet was besides me to begin with — and if I want to get it out I basically have to kill my own dps to go ranged.

They’re not banned actually, you just can’t bring 2 of them, when i go with my RAWRZ DAMAGZ!! beast master build (i can send you a link to it if you want it) i run with a Lynx (or panther) and a Devourer, the devourer will live for kittening ever, so if my kitty gets hurt and i need to swap him out i know the devourer will be good for the 15 seconds i need him to stay alive.

PS: With my damage build i use a sword + warhorn almost 100% of the time, with a longbow when i need to get out of melee range and still do damage.

in Ranger

Posted by: Gaiyeerishima Cat.1082

Gaiyeerishima Cat.1082

I’d say that pets are pretty balanced in spvp. I don’t really do wvw, but in dungeons they definitely need work… There are certain fights (and not a super small number either) where pets are just incredibly screwed, even with 30 points into BM. Kind of unfair that an integral part of the ranger class gets screwed over a good deal of the time in dungeons. And yes, I know how to switch pets, use different pets for different situations ect ect. Seeing as this is an extremely important part of the ranger class, I’d love to see some work done on it so that ranger can be a competitive class in pve…

in Ranger

Dante Dragonhand.2538

Just throwing my 2 cents in, if they make it so the pet is no longer the ranger mechanic, they better give us kittening Comfort Animal to take as a utility like in GW1 with a short CD that rezes pet to half health upon cast, is required for your pet to be there, and can heal (maybe just remove condis and apply some prot?) your pet.

Then they could buff up the raw damage of rangers all around, pets would be there for those who want em, rangers would have damage all around everyone happy!!

PS: It’d probably be better to just implement comfort animal as an elite if they were to do it because i could just see the kitten storm that’d be going around if it was just a utility. And NO, you shouldn’t be able to ignore the prof mechaic and get a buff, they should detach pets as the prof mechanic and add something else if they were to give rangers a non pet function. Maybe something like expertise, give us a forage skill, a stealth, a cripple/movement boost etc (something to show our attunement to nature)

They should do that anyways, give us a battle rez for our pets on short cd, maybe 25 secs. Im sick of seeing pet die so easily.

in Ranger

Dante Dragonhand.2538

I’d say that pets are pretty balanced in spvp. I don’t really do wvw, but in dungeons they definitely need work… There are certain fights (and not a super small number either) where pets are just incredibly screwed, even with 30 points into BM. Kind of unfair that an integral part of the ranger class gets screwed over a good deal of the time in dungeons. And yes, I know how to switch pets, use different pets for different situations ect ect. Seeing as this is an extremely important part of the ranger class, I’d love to see some work done on it so that ranger can be a competitive class in pve…

The only thing that makes pets balanced are traits, you trait for it and they become good, you dont and they suck, not a problem if we didnt need them for 50% of our damage. If they only did about 10% when not traited and we did the majority it wouldnt be a problem but since we dont, it is.

in Ranger

Zenith.7301

Agility training should be baseline to pets, as should be any traits that grant them passive healing.

They said they wanted pets to always be available to us, but that simply is not true in many instances of the game. Pet uptime is still horrible on moving targets.

Try having your spider projectiles hit any moving target in wvw. Try to have a wolf chasing a thief. It’s not cute — a third of the time they spend chasing, and it simply kills our damage output since pets are such a huge portion of ranger damage.

Pet f2 activation times are also dreadful. It takes about 3 seconds after press to actually deliver the ability.

in Ranger

Posted by: skittlebob.4850

skittlebob.4850

The pet’s problems begin to shine in 10+ fractals. No amount of healing, 30 BM, traits will save your pet from problems such as boss AOE, Jade Maw insta down, and random 1 hits from bosses where you can’t even anticipate when to F3 your pet back. Coupled with the ridiculously long swap cooldown if your pet has been downed, and you get a crippled ranger that can’t deal kitten. If anyone, lower the kitten cooldown to 10 seconds.

in Ranger

Posted by: restoration.2806

restoration.2806

The pet’s problems begin to shine in 10+ fractals. No amount of healing, 30 BM, traits will save your pet from problems such as boss AOE, Jade Maw insta down, and random 1 hits from bosses where you can’t even anticipate when to F3 your pet back. Coupled with the ridiculously long swap cooldown if your pet has been downed, and you get a crippled ranger that can’t deal kitten. If anyone, lower the kitten cooldown to 10 seconds.

This really nails the problem. Basically you can’t anticipate the random 1 hits from bosses to F3 and the Boss AoE. Jade Maw insta down is pure garbage shouldnt target pets at all if they can’t use the dam crystals.

in Ranger

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

This really nails the problem. Basically you can’t anticipate the random 1 hits from bosses to F3 and the Boss AoE. Jade Maw insta down is pure garbage shouldnt target pets at all if they can’t use the dam crystals.

lol, I’ve done that FoTM boss, He kept targeting my pet over and over again which was kind of hilarious.

Problem is it made actually killing him a pain cause ya need to block it with the crystal.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in Ranger

Zenith.7301

Or, you kill the tentacles, which damages him as well.

Either way, the huge cooldown on switching a downed pet is outright absurd considering how often pets get downed.