It's been 6 months - Ranger Community

in Ranger

Posted by: Awarw.5081

Awarw.5081

I’ve honestly run out of patience with this game now, Rangers were promised fixes months ago after it was admitted that we have many glaring problems with our class that make us “sub par” and “lackluster”. We have had absolutely nothing since then, no fixes, not even a response or acknowledgement from ANet about anything ranger related.

- Over 50% of our weapon choices and skills are useless, mediocre or bugged.
- Same goes for our trait lines but make that percentage about 70%
- Yes we can achieve good DPS with a pet but when everything in dungeons kills them in 2 hits we are basically guaranteed to have low DPS and low support (useless skills). Don’t tell me I have to trait for the pet or manage it better, if I’m stuck with a pet it kitten well better be useful (even untraited) if I have no choice other than use it or lose half my DPS. How can you not address this? It’s been too long, it is a core component of the ranger???

What I’m asking for is at least an acknowledgement to these problems or some kind of time-frame with how long this will take to fix if it ever will be. Myself, and the rest of the ranger community, are tired of waiting, tired of hearing NOTHING about our completely broken class, and I for one would appreciate knowing whether or not I am wasting my time playing my ranger if it will never be fixed. It has been 6 months…… at least tell us something.

in Ranger

Posted by: HoboLyra.4908

HoboLyra.4908

I agree with this- they said there would be balances for rangers, and never delivered. While I like the direction of these new updates, I kinda want my ranger to be viable here.

-Tarnished Coast-
Obsidian Spire OS / EXS

in Ranger

Posted by: Unholey.3264

Unholey.3264

This ^. All of this ^

in Ranger

Posted by: Mega Messiah.1734

Mega Messiah.1734

Our class sucks. I really wish we could put our pets away or at the very least have them beefed up a sizeable amount, but I still love my ranger and I’ve invensted too much time in him to just stop playing out of spite.

But God what I wouldn’t do for a real patch filled with changes that took balls to make, instead of:

We fixed the pictures for the Hawk and Eagle.

“73 + 22 = 100!” – Nexus

in Ranger

Posted by: critickitten.1498

critickitten.1498

According to the devs, the pet is supposed to act as nearly half of the ranger’s overall “power”. Think the rough stat was 40% or sommat.

But the pet is, at best, an NPC. It can’t dodge, it can’t think, it can’t do much of anything except attack or flee. It runs into aggro like a moron, it stands still like a moron, and it dies like a moron.

Until the pet is fixed, the ranger will be forever handicapped by this severe limitation to their functionality.

Remember when our developers talked about “strengthening the core game”?
How’d that work out for us so far?
Now let’s try some ideas that will really work.

in Ranger

Posted by: FLFW.3105

FLFW.3105

Ranger here also I love this class but Anet clearly hates is as it does hate us players.

Be sure we will receive new maps,new achievments and lots of other fun but useless s tuff but we wont get a single bug fix to ranger . Why? because it takes time and you cant sell it.

GuildWars 2 is good game with bad management.

in Ranger

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

I want to say that I back this post 100%. The same goes for Necromancers and Engineers. Stop putting in PvE/SPvP content if you need to and do some actual class balancing. The class changes in this patch could have been hotfixed in they were so inconsequential.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sokar Rostau.7316

Sokar Rostau.7316

The next Ranger fix, due in three months:

How Bleeds stack has been adjusted to alleviate the issues Condition builds have in large fights. Bleeds now do double damage with half duration. Rangers rejoice!

Warrior bow skills have been adjusted to make them more attractive. All bow skills now do 15% more damage.

Dragonbrand – Reforged Vanguard [ReVa]
Kyxha 80 Ranger, Sokar 80 Necro
Niobe 80 Guardian, Symbaoe 45 Ele

in Ranger

Posted by: DiamondMeteor.8345

DiamondMeteor.8345

You know there’s a problem with Rangers when you feel nervous when they join your party. They simply don’t offer as much damage or support as a Warrior or Guardian could. And cmon,’ the potential is there (Spirit-wide buffs, return the GS damage from the beta). Please make Rangers useful. For once.

Ranger / Revenant – Crystal Desert

in Ranger

Posted by: Vodac.9742

Vodac.9742

@OP

We understand your pain.
-An Engineer

in Ranger

Posted by: Arimahn.3568

Arimahn.3568

@OP

We understand your pain.
-An Engineer

in Ranger

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

The problem with Rangers is that they are way too dependent on the pet, and I honestly don’t think they’ll work until that dependency is significantly reduced. It’s frankly stupid, bad design. The ratio should be 80-20 at the absolute most.

Also, their total failure of notice to some very obvious, glaring problems like the screwy, obviously slower-than-intended attack speeds on many ranged autoattack skills due to animation issues is extremely disheartening. This is the very obvious reason why Pistols and Longbows feel so weak.

All in all, it’s difficult to not just assume they have a terrible QA team.

in Ranger

Posted by: smezmer.1206

smezmer.1206

It runs into aggro like a moron, it stands still like a moron, and it dies like a moron.

I had to laugh just a little. That very accurately sums up the pets total 10 second life span.

in Ranger

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

This sadly is the price of a monthly development cycle built around events. Developer resources are prioritized and I can guarantee you the monthly events must happen. Fixes to balance and the core game are at a very low priority…obviously. It’s very sad that they’ve made the events a large part of their marketing value proposition. It means, for one thing, that rangers will be limping into combat for the foreseeable future.

in Ranger

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

It runs into aggro like a moron, it stands still like a moron, and it dies like a moron.

I had to laugh just a little. That very accurately sums up the pets total 10 second life span.

I had to laugh too. Critickitten it sounds like you play an Asura ranger.

in Ranger

Awarw.5081

Is there anything that we as a community can do to get this addressed? At least a comment by someone from Anet? It actually feels as though they just said “screw it” and aren’t ever going to bother with it. Stop releasing all this extra stuff that we can’t participate in properly because you haven’t even got all your classes working properly. We don’t want extra content until we have a functioning class! How can they not realise this? It all should have been working since launch. I work full time and don’t have the time or patience to level another character up to 80 just to participate in high end content, it will be quit time for me very soon if this goes ignored any longer.

in Ranger

Vodac.9742

I propose that Rangers, Engineers, and Necromancers should ally together and fight against this discrimination! >.<

in Ranger

Arimahn.3568

I propose that Rangers, Engineers, and Necromancers should ally together and fight against this discrimination! >.<

And then steal each others condition stacks? Hell no, the damage would suck and since ANet employees all secretly play warriors we’d be boned.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kimyrielle.3826

Kimyrielle.3826

I love my ranger. I still do. Or at least I want to. But I haven’t played her in ages, because my mesmer alt totally stole her show and is now my main. My ranger is a sad panda now, despite her pet isn’t actually a panda. I’d like having a reason to play my ranger again. But there is always hope. Right, ANet?

Tarnished Coast

in Ranger

Vodac.9742

And then steal each others condition stacks? Hell no, the damage would suck and since ANet employees all secretly play warriors we’d be boned.

Did not consider this ._.

in Ranger

smezmer.1206

We’re rangers. engineers and necromancers, we’re already boned! What more have we got to loose?

in Ranger

Sokar Rostau.7316

I have a reason for you to play your Ranger again – new pets! Yes, that’s right, just as with Lost Shores, Fire and Frost will see Rangers rewarded with a new pet to add to their arsenal!

Pssst! It’s a reskin of an existing pet, but it should shut them up for a while, and divert their attention away from the Warrior and Thief buffs we put in at the same time.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenith.6403

Zenith.6403

What’s wrong with Ranger? Ranger is my most played character and I’ve never felt like it’s “weak” by any standards. One combo with longbow takes out half of opponent’s health in WvW match. It’s not a 1-hit KO like Thief, but the feel of 1500 range is so satisfying.

If you want broken class, take a look at Engineer.

in Ranger

Posted by: FLFW.3105

FLFW.3105

What’s wrong with Ranger? Ranger is my most played character and I’ve never felt like it’s “weak” by any standards. One combo with longbow takes out half of opponent’s health in WvW match. It’s not a 1-hit KO like Thief, but the feel of 1500 range is so satisfying.

Do you , sir , need a list of whats wrong with a ranger ?

GuildWars 2 is good game with bad management.

in Ranger

Posted by: Little Old Lady.3742

Little Old Lady.3742

Ranger main here gw1 and gw2. I want a better ranger build too. I’m just guessing we are low on the list on loud complaints. The squeeky wheel. And do other profession cry and cry. I’m feeling as rangers we are the overlooking the battle field. We take our time and see how things develope. We play rangers because we are a bit patient. So we are patient with arena net. But I would like a word about some kind of time table for pets and weapons. As rangers we should be second only to warriors on the amount of useable weapons. A ranger can’t use a rifle? So many things would make me happy but the balance issues keep me rageing. An apply poison skill, a dodge button for pets. Better traits. I don’t think rangers should be OP and spike/burst damage like a warrior or ele, but we should be annoying and use our pet to harrass and control the area. And one last thing. Can we get a. Pet rabbit ,monty python style. Ever since pre searing in 2005 I’ve been waiting. “scaleing issues…. And blah blah”. Come on… It’s in the fractiles. Let’s make it happen.

Little Old Lady, Sea of Sorrows, Robot Adventurers [RA], Tokyo Japan.

in Ranger

Posted by: AlietteFaye.7316

AlietteFaye.7316

I have an 80 Engineer as my main, an 80 Ranger as an alt, and an 80 Necromancer as an alt. Ranger has gotten the least attention of all three of these classes by far, and they have surpassed even the Necromancer in their piles of issues. I suppose the Necromancer has a larger player-base, because they’ve been getting fixes and decent buffs with every patch. Rangers, I’m truly sorry.
At least you’re not getting nerfed and nerfed every patch despite being the lowest represented class?

twitch.tv/aliettefaye

in Ranger

Arimahn.3568

I have an 80 Engineer as my main, an 80 Ranger as an alt, and an 80 Necromancer as an alt.

Wow. I mean, seriously, wow. That takes dedication. I’m seriously awed and also incredibly sorry for you.

in Ranger

Posted by: Darth Llama.9217

Darth Llama.9217

Just adding a +1 to the OP.

My Ranger continues to sit on the back burner waiting for any love from ANet. Until then, I just keep playing my Warrior, Guardian or Elemenatlist and waiting.

It would be nice to at least hear that it’s being worked on.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand Binary, and those who don’t.

in Ranger

Posted by: AlietteFaye.7316

AlietteFaye.7316

I have an 80 Engineer as my main, an 80 Ranger as an alt, and an 80 Necromancer as an alt.

Wow. I mean, seriously, wow. That takes dedication. I’m seriously awed and also incredibly sorry for you.

I have this string of bad luck when it comes to video games. I always pick a class/character that I think sounds like it could be fun or cool, and they turn out to be terribly designed and they never get better until I quit playing as them. So, as a forewarning, I’m currently moving towards playing a Thief. Expect a nerf on them!

twitch.tv/aliettefaye

in Ranger

Vodac.9742

All the awesome belongs to you, sir!

in Ranger

smezmer.1206

I’d like to know what what build and what gear stats you use and those of your opponents because I’ll be lucky if I do 1/4 somebody’s health bar (not saying it’s impossible but I’d really like to know how it’s done) and 1500 range doesn’t mean much when most of your kiting skills take 20+ seconds to recharge, are range specific, only last 2-3 seconds and can be countered with a quick dodge roll or avoided all together by avoiding the dang trap.

in Ranger

Posted by: Idolicious.6091

Idolicious.6091

It all should have been working since launch.

Hey 5 years in development wasn’t enough, I guess. Though 5 years was enough time to release GW1 and all subsequent campaigns and x-pacs (there were 2 full sized games aka campaigns, and a smaller x-pac called Eye of the North).

Luuuuuuuuuuuuuulz. Let that one sink in.

in Ranger

Sokar Rostau.7316

It is sadly impressive, isn’t it?

I started my Ranger on the first day of Headstart. I loved her and had a great deal of fun with her. After reaching 80 I decided to make a Necro. I had a lot of fun with him, but not as much as Ranger. Then I made an ele and got frustrated at about level 20, so started a Guardian. It took the Guardian to show me just how sub-par my Necro and Ranger really are.

Also, I’m bitter than Warriors and Thieves are better with bows than Rangers are.

in Ranger

Awarw.5081

I’d like to hear something from Anet, it’s that horrible feeling that we are waiting around for nothing that is getting to me.

in Ranger

Posted by: Veritas.2853

Veritas.2853

Please don’t forget to mention we were promised an update 4 months ago and that’s the last time we heard from a dev. I know the OP mentioned it but don’t let it be ignored, keep writing about it.

in Ranger

Posted by: Boingboing.4019

Boingboing.4019

I did not know that about the pet. You may know that the other mmo out there countered the pet dying in the fire all the time cause he is a stupid pet problem, by buffing the crap out of the pets armor and health pool. Caused a slight ruckus with the pvp crowd but died down when they realised, hey just kill the ranger and not the pet.

I run with a ranger all the time and it is sad to see her damage output next to my warrior and then for her to offer so little utility in return. Hope you rangers get some love soon cause I want my gaming partner to kick kitten too.

in Ranger

Arimahn.3568

Actually, WoW solved the pet-getting-killed problem by making them immune to AOE, at least against NPCs. That would go a long way to help the class here too, I think.

in Ranger

Posted by: Boingboing.4019

Boingboing.4019

Ah that was it. I could’ve sworn they buffed the hell out of armour too. But my memory is not the most reliable.

in Ranger

Arimahn.3568

Since WoW did it first we’ll never see AOE-immune pets here, so… vOv

in Ranger

smezmer.1206

The fact that the ranger relies so heavily on the pet is a problem that has to be adressed really. In WoW a ranger was best with a pet but could still function without one. In gw1 a ranger funtion with out one, in this game not so much.

in Ranger

Posted by: JGonspy.7964

JGonspy.7964

As a ranger who has been playing since the head start, and one has stuck with one ever since, it’s a bit frustrating seeing that the problem with pets has yet to be addressed.

It’s already been mentioned by other people in this thread, but I also wanted to add that having such fragile and useless pets makes rangers at an increasing disadvantage. The tougher content gets, the more useless we seem when a chunk of our DPS vanishes in the opening seconds of a long boss fight. As much as I like the idea of a pet, I’d rather not have one if it means sacrificing most of my attack power.

My main weapon is the longbow, and while I like the idea of having a massive range to attack with, there are just too many situations where controlling space in a battle isn’t a viable or doable option.

Switching to my greatsword is embarrassing, especially compared to other classes that use the same weapon. I understand rangers shouldn’t be the best class for swordplay, but is it too much to want to be the best class that uses a bow?

I don’t give much time for the other weapons because I find the skills subpar. I may have missed out on one or two nice combos because of a lack of serious experimentation, but where I feel like I have options with most other classes, my ranger has a very narrow set of strengths, and even those aren’t terribly exceptional.

Instead of fixing the pet icons, I’d sooner see some kind of practical change to the ranger class.

in Ranger

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

@OP

We understand your pain.
-An Engineer

Exactly.

And it could be worse, you could be a necro. :/

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Ranger

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

It’s only most played because all the bots skew the stats…

The class is kitten, with a kitten AI that brings us down..and after 6 months i still cannot permanently stow the useless baggage that the pet is..

in Ranger

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

I’ve honestly run out of patience with this game now, Rangers were promised fixes months ago after it was admitted that we have many glaring problems with our class that make us “sub par” and “lackluster”. We have had absolutely nothing since then, no fixes, not even a response or acknowledgement from ANet about anything ranger related.

- Over 50% of our weapon choices and skills are useless, mediocre or bugged.
- Same goes for our trait lines but make that percentage about 70%
- Yes we can achieve good DPS with a pet but when everything in dungeons kills them in 2 hits we are basically guaranteed to have low DPS and low support (useless skills). Don’t tell me I have to trait for the pet or manage it better, if I’m stuck with a pet it kitten well better be useful (even untraited) if I have no choice other than use it or lose half my DPS. How can you not address this? It’s been too long, it is a core component of the ranger???

What I’m asking for is at least an acknowledgement to these problems or some kind of time-frame with how long this will take to fix if it ever will be. Myself, and the rest of the ranger community, are tired of waiting, tired of hearing NOTHING about our completely broken class, and I for one would appreciate knowing whether or not I am wasting my time playing my ranger if it will never be fixed. It has been 6 months…… at least tell us something.

Games aren’t life – that said, I was let down like everyone else.

Our skills – or maybe all skills, all keyboard inputs and all mouse inputs take multiple strikes and when you have injured fingers from years of typing – I think this is just beyond stupid.

The devs have, again, ignored our voices and Jon Peters, you didn’t tell the truth when you posted in the RANGER forums -tens of thousands of us are so fed up with the absolute OP-ness of EVERY other character – so many that have more than one single viable spvp and WVW build – how sick and sad that we’re going to have to bail AGAIN when another good MMO comes along and DOES HALF of what has been promised here and elsewhere.

Rangers/Hunters don’t deserve to be the bottom of the barrel – and our pets are a joke – so why bother with pets?

Why bother with Rangers at all if you’re not going to give us the respect that we’d get at the very least in real life protecting others?

My gosh anet – you just don’t get it… You really, absolutely don’t get it.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in Ranger

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

The fact that the ranger relies so heavily on the pet is a problem that has to be adressed really. In WoW a ranger was best with a pet but could still function without one. In gw1 a ranger funtion with out one, in this game not so much.

ya when it came down to it, a pet served 3 purposes.
1. cosmetic, which we know anet loves
2. skill variety, pets had that lovable option of giving hunter a situational change without being forced to change there game style completely= which anet has done rather well i’ll admit.
3. Our first line of defence. pets had a simple job, get attention. they didn’t have to hit them hard, they didn’t have to kill on their own. they simple had to hold mobs attention for a short period of time for us to get the job done.

#ELEtism

in Ranger

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

I have a reason for you to play your Ranger again – new pets! Yes, that’s right, just as with Lost Shores, Fire and Frost will see Rangers rewarded with a new pet to add to their arsenal!

Pssst! It’s a reskin of an existing pet, but it should shut them up for a while, and divert their attention away from the Warrior and Thief buffs we put in at the same time.

IKR!

OTHERS received BUFFS

RANGERS received “go get another useless pet” for an “update”

Fail, big FAIL Anet.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in Ranger

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

I’ve had this discussion with my guild before.

I recently maxed my ranger and I love it. In fact I prefer to take her to Orr than my warror. While not as DPS powerful, the ranger has skills far more useful and adapatable to one vs or group play.

I almost always use SB/LB with the rare exception of S/A. My pet distracts while I lay down firs LB#2 then LB#5 to slow. Then switch to the mean fast SB and #1 them to death. If things get desperate out come Hounds of Balthazar. I also use Hyena because of the BOGOF deal.

With the exception of defeating champions, this is a powerful combination and I actually believe that the ranger is powerful enough without the pet, that the pet is just a bonus (especially for taking first strikes in Orr). I have 0 in BM and I find her more survivable in dungeons and Orr than warrior, though some distance behind my thief.

in Ranger

Posted by: gillius.2856

gillius.2856

only read the op… and it makes me sad… i just started a ranger, and was finding it quite fun.. but she is only lvl 15 or so….sad panda…:(

in Ranger

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Dont let them put you off, Gillius. I solo’d my ranger to 80 and I have brains made of 100% mashed potato.

I do wish they could use pistols and rifles though, doesn’t make sense having a ranger blocked from some projectile weapons.

in Ranger

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Hahahahaha, you guys actually still play that “bonus class” ?)))))))))))))

Changed long ago, started enjoying the game again. Stop pretending ranger is an actual class come on. It’s clear they made this class specially to have extra inventory on your account. Stop QQing so much it’s hilarious.