It's been 6 months - Ranger Community

in Ranger

Posted by: gillius.2856

gillius.2856

Dont let them put you off, Gillius. I solo’d my ranger to 80 and I have brains made of 100% mashed potato.

I do wish they could use pistols and rifles though, doesn’t make sense having a ranger blocked from some projectile weapons.

That made me laugh… thanks..:)

in Ranger

Posted by: smezmer.1206

smezmer.1206

Dont give up on being a ranger gillius, even for it’s faults I still love the class as I’m sure many rangers do. We just have to vent our frustrations sometimes and the collective grumbling can be a bit off putting. Stick with it and be patient and you’ll find enjoyment in it.

in Ranger

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

I enjoyed my ranger right the way up to 80 and still enjoy it. Play it more than my thief actually.

in Ranger

Posted by: Radio Isotope.3045

Radio Isotope.3045

You know all I really wanted was a rifle on my ranger to hunt with. Maybe have a high DPS very slow shots with buffs to pets being primary in the skill set. I think they wanted to have rifles for rangers anyways, reasoning being the ranger boxes were giving rifles LOL. But now that I have read this I am even more displeased.

(TLE) The Legendary Eternum, Devona’s Rest
Guild Founder

in Ranger

Radio Isotope.3045

Oh I might want to add the thread for my ranger rifle got locked so it would die out just as it was getting huge…….. >:(

Guild Founder

in Ranger

smezmer.1206

speaking of ranger boxes, have they fixed those or are they still giving out bizzare stuff? Anybody spent the laurels to find out?

in Ranger

Posted by: Pizzasrgo.9814

Pizzasrgo.9814

Agreed, Rangers (and other classes) really need balancing.

in Ranger

Radio Isotope.3045

speaking of ranger boxes, have they fixed those or are they still giving out bizzare stuff? Anybody spent the laurels to find out?

They are fixed but no compensation for the wait. I’m sure if it was thieves, warrior, guardian boxes, they would have given compensation. :/ And the bizzare stuff was………………. wait for it……………………….RIFLES!!!! I think it was an Anet troll……..

Guild Founder

in Ranger

smezmer.1206

They are fixed but no compensation for the wait. I’m sure if it was thieves, warrior, guardian boxes, they would have given compensation. :/ And the bizzare stuff was………………. wait for it……………………….RIFLES!!!! I think it was an Anet troll……..

that sucks. was interested in getting a few but when i heard they werent working right I backed off. at least they’re working now I guess.

on a side note I totally know how you feel, got hit with that -1 achievement bug, took em till today to fix it, I earned all but overkill and surviver all over by then! I feel so jipped.

in Ranger

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

I have an 80 Engineer as my main, an 80 Ranger as an alt, and an 80 Necromancer as an alt. Ranger has gotten the least attention of all three of these classes by far, and they have surpassed even the Necromancer in their piles of issues. I suppose the Necromancer has a larger player-base, because they’ve been getting fixes and decent buffs with every patch. Rangers, I’m truly sorry.
At least you’re not getting nerfed and nerfed every patch despite being the lowest represented class?

Dude, necros are the least played profession.

… I still want tengu.

in Ranger

Posted by: Raege.1069

Raege.1069

I adore my ranger. It’s the class I enjoy playing the most. But then I catched myself always getting a bit annoyed when my dungeon groups would end up having other rangers than me, because I knew our damage was subpar to other classes, mostly single target and the better dps pets get unavoidably oneshotted by bosses even when traited and cared for.

It also got very tiresome to rename my pets every time I had to switch the setup. Countless times have I had to write the name of my pet again and again and again. Not to mention how kitten pets are when it comes to fighting thieves and mesmer in PvP. It’s a trained animal, not a lapdog that should return to beg treats every time it’s opponent goes poof.

in Ranger

Posted by: Bartho.7896

Bartho.7896

Its sad, my main is also ranger, but I play him less and less.
Every time we go a dung I just grab warri since he has 2-3x more dmg than ranger and we just want to rush it fast since most dungs are rlly foolproof. (Plus its much more relaxing playing war and not have to pay attention 24/7 to what your stupid pet is doing)
Only time I play ranger now is when I want to do some dung twice on one day, then the second time I take ranger, but its significantly slower.

in Ranger

Posted by: woeye.2753

woeye.2753

Looking back at GW1 – they never really fixed bows there. From a PvP perspective I do understand that there are some issues.

But it was ANet who introduced Fractals. Yet only 3 of 8 classes are currently considered as viable. I am so sick of reading all those LFG zerker warrior messages.

However I do feel that many of the problems in PvE are not due to class mechanics. Is’s more about encounter design and AI.

I have to say that Blizzard does a much better job here, imho. There are a tons of discussion about encounter design with regards to class mechanics. Some bosses are better for melees, some are better for ranged. So everyone gets his chance.

If only 3 classes are viable for fractals then this means that the dungeon design is just bad. Bad, because is doesn’t respect various class mechanics.

in Ranger

Posted by: Varmyr.4253

Varmyr.4253

Last week or so I hit 80 with my ranger and if I am to look back at the process I would say it wasn’t hard, but more like demanding. Now, at first I told myself ok, this is how the game is meant to be for all classes. But reaching the higher level zones I got to team up with more and more people and found myself in difficult spots more often than before. And then I witnessed the power of warriors… where I was struggling with a mob and had to use all of my skills and abilities, switching between weapons, dodging and all that, the warriors came, hit the mob three or four times and that was it.

Being a rather casual player, I haven’t noticed this difference before, but getting into tougher fights now I feel the ranger is a bit broken. I couldn’t back this with any stats or charts or whatever, but the difference I witnessed between ranger and warrior was big. The thing is, I really love this class, this playstyle, with bows and pets and traps, but I never imagined the ranger a class with low dps. It would be great id ANet would make ammends.

in Ranger

Posted by: Awarw.5081

Awarw.5081

We need to hear something Anet, if it’s not being fixed TELL US, if it is WHEN?. We just need to know that you are listening to your customers.

in Ranger

Posted by: angan.6572

angan.6572

Ranger is my only character i have ever since i started the game. No alts no nothing, because i love this class and i dedicated my gaming time in trying to enjoy it and improve as a player.

But honestly, Anet is like saying to me " Rangers ? Lol you got trolled reroll warrior or something ". I’ve been patiently waiting over 5 months for something to change, something to make me feel rewarded for the time i’ve spent playing this stupidly designed class and yet every patch i get served disappointment and bitterness.

I’m waiting until the next patch in last hope of something to change else i’ll officially quite my ranger and start another class. (..or maybe just quit the game since i haven’t had a single moment of enjoyment playing my favorite class in this game and i don’t know if have the patience to level up and gear up a new toon all over again)

in Ranger

Posted by: Rayzori.2954

Rayzori.2954

Ranger should have a skill to detect/track invisible thief/mobs like (LOTRO).
Ranger have no way to counter thief in wvw imo. they just keep atk invi, atk invi atk invi.
Or just make thief can only invi out of combat / longer cooldown

in Ranger

Posted by: Vinny.6924

Vinny.6924

I hate ti say this but I believe they give you freedom of choice as to what class you want to pick. But one way or another you will be forcee into what they want you to do and what to play.

And that class is not the ranger.

Commander Ahria – Warrior – Stormbluff Isle

in Ranger

smezmer.1206

Ranger should have a skill to detect/track invisible thief/mobs like (LOTRO).
Ranger have no way to counter thief in wvw imo. they just keep atk invi, atk invi atk invi.
Or just make thief can only invi out of combat / longer cooldown

no class has any good way to counter rogue stealth, that’s a whole different problem all it’s own.

in Ranger

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

• Make “Stow pet” a permanent ability – Can only be used out of combat. The pet only “unstows” when you use the ability again, regardless of whether you enter combat or not. Let us enter combat alone.
  • Give the Ranger individual buffs when the pet is stowed only. There. You can now balance the ranger with pet and without, separately, to allow for both playstyles, without risking overbuffing either.
  • Make “Guard” a core pet ability (F5?) to offer a modicum of control over the kittening thing, allowing players to bypass a lot of inherent and large flaws in AI a bit better.
  • Look at our traits…. Some of them need fixing desperately, like the minor traits in the power tree.

There ANet, I just fixed it for you. You’re welcome.

in Ranger

Posted by: awe extender.1908

awe extender.1908

We are not just unhappy Ranger players. We are unhappy / unsatisfied customers (I’m sure Engineers and Necromancers also agree).
Obviously the product has major flaws. If any other type (eg. a TV) you would get a new one or money back.
Anet should bite the dust and admit some of the professions are broken. They should not make faulse ads about having 8 professions when only a few can work as intended.
No more ignoring major profession and balance flaws.

If the product was working as they claim, people should be saying:

“Oh my god, I can’t decide which profession to have as my main! They are all so fun and awesome! I wish I had time to level all professions to 80!”

Unfortunately, the contrary is a reality now!

in Ranger

Posted by: Max.8503

Max.8503

The ranger is the reason why i quited gw2, im not a many toon kind of guy, and the promise so many time to fix it and nothing happen, i keep looking in the forum to chec if anything has been done once in a while, but still nothing i guess

in Ranger

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

The ranger is QUITE good in my opinion (All dungeons complete, fractals 31, 100% world completion, quite good in PvP as well)

Dont talk for us as a class. I friggin love ranger. I feel close to OP.
There are a few bugs though:

-Pet res not always working
-No agony resist on pet (cmon anet)
-SB#3 not always working
-And please let us stow our pets permanently.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

in Ranger

Posted by: Hadrians.4567

Hadrians.4567

I allrdy quit my Ranger and stop Playing Gw2 i am waiting for Elder Scrolls and i hope they do it right.

in Ranger

GuzziHero.2467

I don’t know what y’all are smoking. With my LB #2 I can burst more damage than a warrior using Rifle #3 with a faster charge rate. I can lay down 2-3 SB #1 to a warriors rifle #1. S/A I can lock onto a target, AA and I don’t miss/leave that target till it is pizza.

Ranger feels fine to me.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zaon.4367

Zaon.4367

hey Anet, pls delete my Ranger and replace it with 80s Warrior/Mesmer/Thief/Elementalist

in Ranger

smezmer.1206

I don’t know what y’all are smoking. With my LB #2 I can burst more damage than a warrior using Rifle #3 with a faster charge rate. I can lay down 2-3 SB #1 to a warriors rifle #1. S/A I can lock onto a target, AA and I don’t miss/leave that target till it is pizza.

Ranger feels fine to me.

The Warrior/ranger comparrison isnt entirely accurate here. Warriors weren’t designed strictly around ranged dps, melee is their intended strong suit. It’s a given their ranged damage should not be as good. Rangers were intended to focus on ranged dps as our strong suit.
Plus take into account attack speed differences between the longbow and the rifle, skill recharges, condition duration and the warrior’s adrenaline ability.
It’s like comparing ranger pets to necro minions. They seem similar on the surface but they serve two different purposes. Necro pets where ment to be disposable canon fodder, ranger pets where ment to be the ranger’s major utility.

(edited by smezmer.1206)

in Ranger

Posted by: Rayzori.2954

Rayzori.2954

Ranger feels fine to me.

For PvE feels fine BUT
In PvP/WvW, a (warrior sniper build) hit u with #4, #2 then f1 (10k-15k dmg). if u still alive #3 u sure die. All ur ranger combo stated above maybe made him left 50% hp or more if uses Endure Pain
Maybe ur the one thats smokin something that feels so fine

in Ranger

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Stopped investing money and time into my ranger ages ago and am happy I did.

3 gear sets, many many different builds and it just never came up to par with my other classes in dungeons, it was selfish of me to take the ranger when I could have taken my guardian or mesmer.

I really worked hard on this class, but It just doesn’t do as much as another class can. It’s fun, and I REALLY want this class to work, but it’s still subpar…

And I don’t feel comfortable taking it in dungeons when I know I can be giving my team more on another class.

At least in WvW the class has some use, but not enough for me to feel good about the amount of time I wasted on it.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

in Ranger

Posted by: Darth Llama.9217

Darth Llama.9217

only read the op… and it makes me sad… i just started a ranger, and was finding it quite fun.. but she is only lvl 15 or so….sad panda…:(

They’re a fun class until you start getting up around level 50-60 range, that’s when all the other classes will start leaving you in the dust.

Honestly, at this point I think I’m just going to delete my Ranger and call it a day. Arena Net just refuses to be honest and make a post saying ‘we don’t care about Rangers’ because it’s pretty clear they don’t. Everyone that plays this game agrees that Rangers need a buff and instead they get a nerf.

What better way to tell the community to just give up and play something else? That’s clearly what they want, so message received. I’ll just play the classes that Arena Net has decided they want people to play.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand Binary, and those who don’t.

in Ranger

GuzziHero.2467

Ranger feels fine to me.

For PvE feels fine BUT
In PvP/WvW, a (warrior sniper build) hit u with #4, #2 then f1 (10k-15k dmg). if u still alive #3 u sure die. All ur ranger combo stated above maybe made him left 50% hp or more if uses Endure Pain
Maybe ur the one thats smokin something that feels so fine

Ok, that makes sense. I never play PVP so I appreciate your point.

in Ranger

Posted by: Awarw.5081

Awarw.5081

Wow, I posted this in the General Discussion forum in the hopes it would get some attention or proper response because we are all sick of being disappointed. However, it’s been moved into the ranger forum now, tucked away where Anet never care to look. Thanks…. I want to love this game I really do, but I don’t think it’s fair that just because I chose ranger on release I’ve made a mistake and have to reinvest all that time into a new character if I want to be effective. Very close to quitting and I know I’m not the only one.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Yea, it’s hard to say what hasn’t already been said, but I wanted to throw in my support behind this. We need some oil, so it’s time to be squeeky…or whatever…

in Ranger

Posted by: Dantaeus Heardt.5730

Dantaeus Heardt.5730

I want to first apologize for some of my rage from yesterday but as a Ranger player I know that we all just want some answers. The OP is right many of our skills are just useless, our spirits are still lackluster, pet AI is still an issue, traits are in the wrong line or useless as well. Now these are ALL things that we have all said many times before, we have had one response here from Jon Peters and that was months ago. In all of the AMA’s the Ranger questions are never answered, in any interviews it’s the same thing. I hope the devs can see why this is causing us players frustration, the customer relations in this situation are obscenely terrible. We are asking for some simple communication and you guys are not delivering it, THIS is where you’re failing.

Dantaeus X Heardt Ranger Lvl 80
Zhaitans Tears Guild[ TWS ] NSP

in Ranger

Posted by: ampy.1387

ampy.1387

All in all, we rangers, necromancers and engineers will strive in the long run. We have to find ways to work around the issues we have and with that it makes us better players and not to mention very patient players. I love my ranger and i don’t care much about the issues or bugs we have. It will be very rewarding once they fix us

Music is the Weapon of the Future.

ïryss | Engineer

in Ranger

Posted by: dodgerrule.8739

dodgerrule.8739

Traits are exactly as they should be if you make your build you know how to play it. That is what makes the game special. Only those who make their build can use it to its fullest potential.

Dodger Rule

Dodger Rule Ranger – Fort Aspenwood

in Ranger

Posted by: dodgerrule.8739

dodgerrule.8739

Rangers are versatile we can choose a condition build or high damage or tank like most other professions but we are never alone.

Dodger Rule Ranger – Fort Aspenwood

in Ranger

Posted by: ampy.1387

ampy.1387

Rangers are versatile we can choose a condition build or high damage or tank like most other professions but we are never alone.

:D we are never alone. I like that.

Music is the Weapon of the Future.

ïryss | Engineer

in Ranger

Posted by: Jeskelech.4152

Jeskelech.4152

That’s right, most oftenly our damage output is greatly reduced due to the encumbrance we suffer while carrying around a dead pet.

in Ranger

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

I just want the “pet running 20ft in front of me” & “sword roots you” fixed. My pet should be RIGHT NEXT TO ME all the time unless he’s fighting. & the 1h sword rooting & yanking me all over the place sucks.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sokar Rostau.7316

Sokar Rostau.7316

I just want the “pet running 20ft in front of me” & “sword roots you” fixed. My pet should be RIGHT NEXT TO ME all the time unless he’s fighting. & the 1h sword rooting & yanking me all over the place sucks.

Try going from Ranger melee to Guardian melee. Guardians stop attacking the second the target moves. Believe me, you’ll miss that yanking all over the place when you have to reposition one step forward every few seconds. I’m not talking about mobs that run away, they just make things worse, I’m talking about the ones that just move slightly like drakes. That’s the one thing I hate about Guardian that the Ranger does infinitely better.

Dragonbrand – Reforged Vanguard [ReVa]
Kyxha 80 Ranger, Sokar 80 Necro
Niobe 80 Guardian, Symbaoe 45 Ele

in Ranger

Posted by: Dante Dragonhand.2538

Dante Dragonhand.2538

I agree with this- they said there would be balances for rangers, and never delivered. While I like the direction of these new updates, I kinda want my ranger to be viable here.

^ Nuff said.

in Ranger

Dante Dragonhand.2538

Try going from Ranger melee to Guardian melee. Guardians stop attacking the second the target moves. Believe me, you’ll miss that yanking all over the place when you have to reposition one step forward every few seconds. I’m not talking about mobs that run away, they just make things worse, I’m talking about the ones that just move slightly like drakes. That’s the one thing I hate about Guardian that the Ranger does infinitely better.

Funny, I didnt miss it at all. Sure its easier to stick to targets when you can just spam 1 and leap towards them but its also easier to get hit since you cant dodge while doing it. Ranger sucks, sorry.

in Ranger

Posted by: arrownin.3128

arrownin.3128

I think my main problems with Ranger atm are these.

Spirits

• The effect should be 100% chance when traited, 50% just doesn’t apply enough.
  • Make them invincible, cmon it’s not like they can do much of anything.
  • Make the active abilities actually hit something.

Pets

• FIX THE ATTACKING. Tons of pets never hit their target, the attack animations, pathing, and targeting is frankly disgraceful.

in Ranger

Dante Dragonhand.2538

I think my main problems with Ranger atm are these.

Spirits

• The effect should be 100% chance when traited, 50% just doesn’t apply enough.
  • Make them invincible, cmon it’s not like they can do much of anything.
  • Make the active abilities actually hit something.

Pets

• FIX THE ATTACKING. Tons of pets never hit their target, the attack animations, pathing, and targeting is frankly disgraceful.

I can name alot more issues with rangers than that. Id be glad to give my list if you desire.

in Ranger

Posted by: HoboLyra.4908

HoboLyra.4908

So they had the balls to move the thread, but no reply to our grievances? Ugh.

-Tarnished Coast-
Obsidian Spire OS / EXS

in Ranger

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

And they locked another ranger thread in the general board too. Guess forum mods are just your typical GW2 WK’s. We’ll never get active and actually communicating devs like those on Riot’s LoL forums.

in Ranger

Dante Dragonhand.2538

And they locked another ranger thread in the general board too. Guess forum mods are just your typical GW2 WK’s. We’ll never get active and actually communicating devs like those on Riot’s LoL forums.

Get used to it or quit, thats kinda what Im doing anyways. This group of ANET devs suck compared to gw1s.

in Ranger

Posted by: Idolicious.6091

Idolicious.6091

Funny, I didnt miss it at all. Sure its easier to stick to targets when you can just spam 1 and leap towards them but its also easier to get hit since you cant dodge while doing it. Ranger sucks, sorry.

QFT. Only those that basically only ever PvP like the “sword-root” because it’s far too advantageous there, because you basically stick to your target instead of requiring manual repositioning like every other class and weapon set in the game. It doesn’t seem fair, because it’s not really (it’s not like this is a class mechanic), yet there will always be people who argue for something to stay ‘broken’ because it can actually give them an advantage.

I myself have made multiple topics on that subject alone. The more civilized, well-versed crowd that does lots of content gets it. The people who prefer to maintain an unfair advantage over other players in PvP don’t (well most DO – but some will just tell you that you suck, and to live with it).

And you are correct that it makes dodging near-impossible. That is the main disadvantage of the ‘sword-root’ issue, beyond animation lock.

I have a level 80 Necro, Ranger, Warrior, and Thief – and I have NO ISSUES staying on my targets without a skill allowing me to keep in their face. It’s a L2Play issue, almost bordering on exploit if you ask me…though technically not, since you’re using the skill ‘as designed.’

(edited by Idolicious.6091)

in Ranger

Posted by: Idolicious.6091

Idolicious.6091

Get used to it or quit, thats kinda what Im doing anyways. This group of ANET devs suck compared to gw1s.

Going to quote you for truth here again, as I was just telling my friend yesterday how there is just no possible way that this is the same devs/live-team from GW1. The quality differences (across every aspect of the game) are staggering.