JFK Druid POV from last ugo tournament

in Ranger

Posted by: Pvt Frosty.6973

Pvt Frosty.6973

Some good plays, some terrible mistakes. My microphone was turned up way to much for shadow play, turn down your volumes boys and girls!

Any questions, just ask.

Enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrGWKtjQJdfvsepXvyKJTj8yjE1CC1lgJ

Just Filthy Kasuals – Bowscoooped!
YouTube / Twitch

in Ranger

Posted by: stick.7258

stick.7258

THanks for posting this, just a question upfront, can you maybe explain the reasoning for the wyvern pet in particular in the match up vs mesmer.

in Ranger

Pvt Frosty.6973

THanks for posting this, just a question upfront, can you maybe explain the reasoning for the wyvern pet in particular in the match up vs mesmer.

What exactly do you want to know? How I played the wyvern in a mesmer match up ? or whether I took the wyvern for the mesmer matchup?

I did not take the wyvern for the mesmer matchup, I actually only started playing with it because of zans power scrapper build, which has 12 seconds of reflects on a shorter cooldown than should be allowed. Then I started getting used to the pet and now I think I generally prefer it (even though you can argue that bristle is just as useful in many situations). Miaz has been playing that pet for way longer tho

If you want to know how I use it in the mesmer matchup, I can go into detail about that

YouTube / Twitch

in Ranger

Posted by: stick.7258

stick.7258

if you would like to give some detail about that in the mesmer match up. for instance i always have my pet passive so it attacks the real mesmer but im not sure if thats a smart thing to do.
Also i’d like to know if there is a way i can prevent the f2 from totally missing target.
thanks in advance

in Ranger

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

Also i’d like to know if there is a way i can prevent the f2 from totally missing target.

There was an old post on this, basically the Wyvern tries to flank targets so if it’s turning and you hit F2 it will just miss.

The solution is to hit pet-attack (F1) to orientate the Wyvern directly at the target before you hit F2.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

in Ranger

Pvt Frosty.6973

if you would like to give some detail about that in the mesmer match up. for instance i always have my pet passive so it attacks the real mesmer but im not sure if thats a smart thing to do.
thanks in advance

Just have your pet on agressive to ensure a high dps uptime, make sure you time your Smokescale burst when the chrono is isolated (no clones / very little clones up) so that the smoke-assault hits only the chrono and make sure to deny as many clones as possible.

If you can, stop attacking when he uses shield 4 the first time, to deny the second proc (dont forget to call back your pet) and dodge the phantasm spawn.

as for hitting lightning wyverns f2, the best way so far seems to be if you hit Wing Buffet and then use headbutt (which combined is pretty strong cc)

YouTube / Twitch