Jedi Ranger.

Jedi Ranger.

in Ranger

Posted by: Raehvyn.4530

Raehvyn.4530

Kudos to whoever did the human sword ranger animations. Before I switched to axes I was seriously happy with the combat animations. Except that jedi crap doesn’t fly while on ledges or in Dredg zones where its all cat walks. I’ve flung right off the edge and died before using my basic attack. >.<

Anyone else just love the combat animations though?

[NoPe] Jello Gangsta Cosby.Cute Lil Pookiebear
“Check your inbox. Infractions for everyone!” – Oprah

Jedi Ranger.

in Ranger

Posted by: neoxide.7320

neoxide.7320

I feel like master yoda with my Asura.

Jedi Ranger.

in Ranger

Posted by: Deleven.7508

Deleven.7508

^ this, i dont no longer care if the 1h sword is viable or unusable, i am determined to use it

Jedi Ranger.

in Ranger

Posted by: andybmcc.8751

andybmcc.8751

If I could move and interrupt the AA to dodge roll, I’d be completely satisfied grabbing a 1h sword and warhorn and getting all Boromir on people’s kitten

Jedi Ranger.

in Ranger

Posted by: MeGaZlo.9516

MeGaZlo.9516

I hate animation of sword AA. Because of this jump. Some ppl like. But I’m sick of it. Looks terrible stupid.

Jedi Ranger.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dante Dragonhand.2538

Dante Dragonhand.2538

I think the animations are amazing personally, till it leaps me right off a cliff haha. I do love all the dodging and rolling, leaping and kicking. If they make it so you arent rooted then it would be perfect.

Jedi Ranger.

in Ranger

Posted by: Melchior.2135

Melchior.2135

My first Ranger was a Sylvari, and I loved the Sword animation. But then I shuffled my alts around to meet various arcane criteria (couldn’t have all characters of one Armor type be of the same gender, no repeats of Armor types in the same Order, one of each class and no doubles of any race/gender combo, etc.), and to facilitate Sylvari 1 becoming a Guardian and Sylvari 2 staying an Engineer, my Ranger became a Norn.

I am… less of a fan of those animations on a Norn. If he’s going to put all that energy into hopping around with his giant linebacker body, he may as well just tackle the critter.

Former Guild Wars 2 fan. RIP, ArenaNet’s integrity.

Jedi Ranger.

in Ranger

Posted by: nldixon.8514

nldixon.8514

My favorite is when you use greatsword Swoop just as a mob croaks and you end up flying 1100 units straight ahead. Usually off a cliff or a ledge in my experience.

Speaking of which, be careful if you use a greatsword in Ascent to Madness. You can throw yourself right off the edge.

Jedi Ranger.

in Ranger

Posted by: Parvati.5780

Parvati.5780

It’s kind of annoying. I use sword/dagger, with a flame burst sigil on the sword for more aoe damage. But if I have AA off on skill one, pressing 1 over and over sends me flying away from the monsters I’m trying to attack (and sometimes even of high ledges )

So if I put AA on skill 1 then I get rooted to the target, no more flying about the map (whew) but it’s more time consuming to dodge out of red circles.

But I do like how you seem to kick and slash at the target during its animation though, just please no more flying about the map or getting glued to the spot.

Jedi Ranger.

in Ranger

Posted by: Psychrome.9281

Psychrome.9281

i love the attacks on sword the only thing they need to change is to remove the root allow dodge to take priority over everything. the rest is fine.

Jedi Ranger.

in Ranger

Posted by: Shilian.5873

Shilian.5873

we need light-sabers skins….now.