Just hit 80 Clueless where to start gearing.

in Ranger

Posted by: Jay.5698

Jay.5698

Hit a wall game losing its appeal i am lost as to where to get these rare/exotic items to max my potential and get full use of my ranger.

where do i start (plz dont say crafting) lol

any help would be great

in Ranger

Posted by: WatchTheShow.7203

WatchTheShow.7203

Dungeons!

The first one is Ascalonian Catacombs. It’s east of The Black Citadel, and yes the rewards scale up to your level. So even though it’s a lvl 30 instance, level 80 exotic/rare items can still drop for you.

in Ranger

Jay.5698

Dungeons!

The first one is Ascalonian Catacombs. It’s east of The Black Citadel, and yes the rewards scale up to your level. So even though it’s a lvl 30 instance, level 80 exotic/rare items can still drop for you.

Do i run this in explorable mode or story mode

in Ranger

Posted by: Yvilthi.5413

Yvilthi.5413

Roam the trade post alot, very good exotic gear to be found for bottom prices..
every new dinged lvl 80 character tryes to make al lot of money on the auction house wich is nearly impossible with our crafting skills.

so the most gear is far underpriced nowadays

Yvilthi lvl 80 human Ranger
Yv Ilthi lvl 80 human Mesmer

in Ranger

Jay.5698

Thanks for the reply guys but as for dungeons which type should i run? explorable? story?

in Ranger

Posted by: Artbeard.4319

Artbeard.4319

The Explorable ones if you’re looking for a challenge.

The story ones are meant to be done once, for the story, in my opinion.

in Ranger

Jay.5698

and i do the story mode dungeons solo as i follow my story correct? or can i find groups

in Ranger

Posted by: sandstrom.5938

sandstrom.5938

and i do the story mode dungeons solo as i follow my story correct? or can i find groups

No, at 30 you get a mail with directions to AC, that’s the first dungeon you can do story mode in, next at 40, 50 and so on. You have to do story mode to be able to do exploration mode.

in Ranger

Jay.5698

Oh boy i need friends in this game

in Ranger

Posted by: Yvilthi.5413

Yvilthi.5413

Thanks for the reply guys but as for dungeons which type should i run? explorable? story?

In Explorable modes you get nearly 30 gear-tokens each run 45 for the first run of the day i tought.
From these tokens you can buy Exotic gear at vendors placed in lions arch nearby the pvp portals.

Tokens you need for each gearpiece cost around 200 till 300.. 1360 for a full set i tought
So … long story short, 10 explorable runs of 1 specific explorable dungeon is 1 gearpiece at no gold costs

Yvilthi lvl 80 human Ranger
Yv Ilthi lvl 80 human Mesmer

in Ranger

Posted by: Velisong.9543

Velisong.9543

if you have the gold, you can get fully exotic geared with trinkets, and weapon sets for close to 40-50g. depending on cost it can cost you more though, my full sets cost me upwards of 100g.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ebs.6280

Ebs.6280

Crafting. Even if you don’t have any matherials yourself you can get a full set of exotic armor for about 8 gold and a rare set for a lot less. Find a guildie if you don’t have the craft yourself. Orr has karma armor for 42k a piece but this will take significantly longer to get then crafted stuff.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ebs.6280

Ebs.6280

if you have the gold, you can get fully exotic geared with trinkets, and weapon sets for close to 40-50g. depending on cost it can cost you more though, my full sets cost me upwards of 100g.

You must have gotten some crazy items! I’m not full exotic yet with my trinkets and rings but I spend a lot less then you! I don’t think I even spent 12g on my exotic armor and weapons…