Juvenile Black Moa (and other locked pets)

in Ranger

Posted by: Feral.3609

Feral.3609

I’m sure I’m not the only player who would like access to these locked pets without having to purchase and play Guild Wars 1.

I was thinking perhaps Anet could sell these pets for unlock on the gem store, make it part of a really difficult Guild Wars 2 achievement, as part of a birthday gift (on old characters) or even add it into purchasing the Digital Deluxe Upgrade for 2000 gems. Whatever the means, it would be great to have these pets unlocked or at least accessible to players in Guild Wars 2.

My intention with this thread is to get enough support from other rangers who would like these 4 pets added to their list – and hopefully give Anet something to consider; or if I’m just in the minority with this idea, let this thread die. Share your thoughts, +1, or offer some suggestions for or against it.

in Ranger

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

You already have access to those pets through GW2, you just don’t have access to the unique HoM skins. In fact, in the Pink Moa’s case, you actually have access to a better version of the same pet because anet never bothered to update the Black Moa when they updated the skills.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in Ranger

Posted by: Chrury.4627

Chrury.4627

You already have access to those pets through GW2, you just don’t have access to the unique HoM skins. In fact, in the Pink Moa’s case, you actually have access to a better version of the same pet because anet never bothered to update the Black Moa when they updated the skills.

You’re correct except for the Black Moa. ANet updated both pets on the same patch.

While it’s true that the Pink Moa got reduced aftercast on F2, it only gets one 2 second daze or 200 breakbar damage. The Black Moa version has the original, longer aftercast but deals three 1 second dazes for 300 breakbar damage.

Why they weren’t normalized in the past year, I’ll never know. If only both had the reduced aftercast AND the three 1 second dazes. I can dream.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sorin Noroku.5342

Sorin Noroku.5342

Besides, the HoM was a way to reward longtime fans of the Guild Wars series. To make those skins obtainable in another way is a slap in the face to the veterans. How would you justify to them, “We’re taking your acomplishments and making them pay/wait to get. Sorry your old account isnt worth the same anymore”

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Don’t worry, the moa pets are useless pets. Garbage damage, their CC is completely unreliable too and their heal screech is not something you can control and has a small radius.

PvE pets: cats & drakes.

PvP pets: dogs, spiders, smokescale/bristleback

Anet hasn’t bothered to balance ranger pets so devourers, moas, pigs, birds, wyverns are worth using, ever.

Ranger pets are garbage that don’t scale with ascended gear upgrades, potions, food, runes, or sigils anyways. The whole pet system in this game is a disaster.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sigfodr.9576

Sigfodr.9576

Don’t worry, the moa pets are useless pets. Garbage damage, their CC is completely unreliable too and their heal screech is not something you can control and has a small radius.

Not quite true, For raids/fractals either black moa or lightning wyvern is the best when it comes to breakbars, it depends abit on if its a big or small hitbox.

in Ranger

Zenith.7301

Not quite true, For raids/fractals either black moa or lightning wyvern is the best when it comes to breakbars, it depends abit on if its a big or small hitbox.

Who cares, the raid has plenty of tools for breakbars. With quick draw you can solo a raid bar with 2x lunar impact and other people’s debuffs without gimping your DPS by using a worthless pet.

in Ranger

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

I haven’t missed having those pets. I would like to get the lightning wyvern, but since it’s locked behind a map event in DS (which no one is running anymore… ;-;) I don’t think I have a prayer of getting it.

in Ranger

Sigfodr.9576

Who cares, the raid has plenty of tools for breakbars. With quick draw you can solo a raid bar with 2x lunar impact and other people’s debuffs without gimping your DPS by using a worthless pet.

And using you quick draw on lunar just cost you 5stack*5people of GotL, so alot more dmg then then any pet change will give Dont forget that you always loose dmg somewhere, nomatter how you decide to break a breakbar. And black moa or lightning wyvern are amoung the cheapest ways (in dps loss). that said, if you dont like then, np. do what you like

in Ranger

Sigfodr.9576

I haven’t missed having those pets. I would like to get the lightning wyvern, but since it’s locked behind a map event in DS (which no one is running anymore… ;-;) I don’t think I have a prayer of getting it.

DS is run daily at any time of the day. Use lfg at the timers to find a map

in Ranger

Zenith.7301

And using you quick draw on lunar just cost you 5stack*5people of GotL, so alot more dmg then then any pet change will give Dont forget that you always loose dmg somewhere, nomatter how you decide to break a breakbar. And black moa or lightning wyvern are amoung the cheapest ways (in dps loss). that said, if you dont like then, np. do what you like

lol wat, CA #4 pretty much fills up your GotL buff alongside throwing a seed, assuming you don’t have the trait for glyphs to pop a seed anyways.

Switching a pet means 15 seconds of a pet that does virtually half the DPS of a cat.

CA is virtually an affair of popping CA 3& 4 and that should be enough healing plus granting 5 stacks of GotL, then exiting it.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

What.

Anet make Rev great again.

in Ranger

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

Got all the HoM pets, and wouldn’t mind or feel slapped in the face if they got unlocked for everyone for free or in the gem store. Don’t think I’m the majority though so…

What should really be done though is remove those pet portraits from the pet selection window if you haven’t got them. Showing those greyed out portraits that aren’t obtainable through playing this game is a bit daft.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

in Ranger

Zenith.7301

What.

I know. Since when is DS not run anymore? It’s like the one map with the daily cache that also gives you a bunch of map currency.

And like all other maps has the mat nodes needed for fulgurite.