Keep Smokescale as is!

Keep Smokescale as is!

in Ranger

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Despite its DMG being nefed it still has one of the best and quickest DPS among the pets. For that reason I want to keep it as is. I personally feel i have far less use of the smokefield as active skill. It serves well as the pets own defence.

Kima & Co

Keep Smokescale as is!

in Ranger

Posted by: oshilator.4681

oshilator.4681

Go away. You clearly have no idea how useful the smoke field was as our F2.

And you’re just going to start another flamewar over it.

Headdesk

Keep Smokescale as is!

in Ranger

Posted by: Zeres.8713

Zeres.8713

Please keep the f2 how it is.. It makes the pet extremely good for hybrid specs in pvp (because you can decide when it bursts) The smoke field doesn’t do much for the player… and the pet is already pretty tanky.

Ps. The druid is great Irenio, people complaining just aren’t playing it right.

Keep Smokescale as is!

in Ranger

Posted by: Scott.7163

Scott.7163

or let us pick which skill to have as the F2… a man can dream…

Keep Smokescale as is!

in Ranger

Posted by: DoogySnowStalker.2069

DoogySnowStalker.2069

Or, hold out on this one, or allow us to use all of our pet’s skills! Everybody wins!

Is a Warrior just a pet without a Ranger?

Keep Smokescale as is!

in Ranger

Posted by: Earix.5684

Earix.5684

Please keep the f2 how it is.. It makes the pet extremely good for hybrid specs in pvp (because you can decide when it bursts) The smoke field doesn’t do much for the player... and the pet is already pretty tanky.

LOL, ye right, well you should read this :
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Combo

Smoke Field on auto-cast harms the game, it automatically covers IMPORTANT fields (water covered by your automatic smoke field, no thx). It NEEDS to be on F2.

Earix – GvG Player – Druid / Soulbeast
Pirate Chips [LAYS] – Server Hopping (EU)

Keep Smokescale as is!

in Ranger

Posted by: Oak da Vite.9054

Oak da Vite.9054

There are many good reasons to have the smoke field on the F2.

1. Random combo fields can harm your gameplay when they mix with intended combo fields
2. With the smoke field on F2 you can determine the area where the smokeskale gets reduced damage
3. Your DPS is higher when the burst skill is in the auto attack rotation of the pet, because average players do not use the skill directly on CD
4. You can still control the burstskill with swapping pets
5. On F2 smoke field can be casted out of fight
6. The burst skill is a perfect encounter for the pet to start a fight, because it it most likely to hit

There are some reasons for the burst on F2:
1. You can better time your burst and use it to down enemies that would escape otherwise
2. You can use it perfecly for the pet to switch targets
3. You can better combine it with damage buffs (except sick ’em)

For me and many other players the smoke field is the much better option for the F2.

See strawpoll:
Smokescale F2 preference Poll

Da Vite – Miller’s Sound
Last Phoenix [Nix]

Keep Smokescale as is!

in Ranger

Posted by: Medozorz.5920

Medozorz.5920

Honestly, the best option would be to implement 2 player usable abilities to pets. Every one would be happy (apart from those that are never happy:D).

TUP

Keep Smokescale as is!

in Ranger

Posted by: Scrimschaw.5784

Scrimschaw.5784

Please keep the f2 how it is.. It makes the pet extremely good for hybrid specs in pvp (because you can decide when it bursts) The smoke field doesn’t do much for the player… and the pet is already pretty tanky.

You can time the Smokescale’s burst without it being an f2 skill. When Smoke Assault is AI-activated, it is the first skill the Smokescale uses in a fight (or when you swap to it). It is not difficult to time this burst, especially if you have a decent amount of experience as a Ranger. We already have to do this for many pets, such as Drakes. This is nothing new.

The smoke field adds some much-needed tankiness to the pet in PvP and WvW, as well as when using the pet in PvE to draw aggro. However, when used by the AI, it places the smoke field poorly and often overrides beneficial fields, such as Water, Fire, or Darkness. In organized groups and higher-level content, the Smokescale is a liability, rather than an asset, because of the AI-controlled smoke field.

And it’s a bit rich to say that everyone isn’t…playing a game “correctly” because they aren’t playing it the same way as you. I like Druid (I want to love it), but that doesn’t blind me (hah!) to its faults, especially compared to other specializations.

Keep Smokescale as is!

in Ranger

Posted by: Scrimschaw.5784

Scrimschaw.5784

Honestly, the best option would be to implement 2 player usable abilities to pets. Every one would be happy (apart from those that are never happy:D).

I would be very happy if we were allowed to switch f2 skills from the pet’s skill selection. This has been requested since the game launched, however, and 3 years is a long time to hold your breath. I would also like the ability to untoggle pet skills so the AI cannot use them, but this is unlikely to be implemented.

Keep Smokescale as is!

in Ranger

Posted by: kevvy.5081

kevvy.5081

Despite its DMG being nefed it still has one of the best and quickest DPS among the pets.

No, it doesn’t. Read below.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Community-knows-little-none-about-PETS/first#post5688874

For that reason I want to keep it as is. I personally feel i have far less use of the smokefield as active skill. It serves well as the pets own defence.

You say that like smoke assault is being deleted. Smokescale with it’s smoke assault isn’t even the best DPS pet anyway. Smoke assault wasn’t even the best spike damage pre-nerf, Tiger’s Furious Pounce is. For your reference, that smoke assault link has pre-nerf damage. It is now around 800 at 24sec CD, while the Furious Pounce has 1689 damage at 10sec CD although it says 1.5 sec in the wiki.

So all you people saying smoke scale is the best DPS and that Smoke Assault is the best DPS spike skill out of all pets skills, you’re oh so hilariously wrong. Stop crying about it and at least do your bloody homework before spouting nonsense.

Keep Smokescale as is!

in Ranger

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

Smoke assault wasn’t even the best spike damage pre-nerf, Tiger’s Furious Pounce is. For your reference, that smoke assault link has pre-nerf damage. It is now around 800 at 24sec CD, while the Furious Pounce has 1689 damage at 10sec CD although it says 1.5 sec in the wiki.

Thanks for that bro. I’ve just had a look at the PvP forum in the future and look what you’ve done:
“Tiger OP”
“Nerf Tiger”
“Why are ranger pets so OP?”
“OMG nerf tigger already!”
“how did tiger get allowed??!”
“We need to talk about Furious Pounce”
“OP tiger needs nerf”
“Cele ele is just fine”
“Did you even test tiger?!!”
“Tiger F2 is iwin button”

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

Keep Smokescale as is!

in Ranger

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

In general Smoke Assault deals still more dmg than Furious Pounce, but the latter benefits more from buffs like Attack of Opportunity and Opening Strike, which allows similar or even higher burst. Pre-nerf the smokescale dealt way more (burst) dmg than every other pet.

Keep Smokescale as is!

in Ranger

Posted by: Earix.5684

Earix.5684

Smoke assault wasn’t even the best spike damage pre-nerf, Tiger’s Furious Pounce is. For your reference, that smoke assault link has pre-nerf damage. It is now around 800 at 24sec CD, while the Furious Pounce has 1689 damage at 10sec CD although it says 1.5 sec in the wiki.

Thanks for that bro. I’ve just had a look at the PvP forum in the future and look what you’ve done:
“Tiger OP”
“Nerf Tiger”
“Why are ranger pets so OP?”
“OMG nerf tigger already!”
“how did tiger get allowed??!”
“We need to talk about Furious Pounce”
“OP tiger needs nerf”
“Cele ele is just fine”
“Did you even test tiger?!!”
“Tiger F2 is iwin button”

Ahahah, made my day.

Earix – GvG Player – Druid / Soulbeast
Pirate Chips [LAYS] – Server Hopping (EU)

Keep Smokescale as is!

in Ranger

DoogySnowStalker.2069

This was in PvE land, but still managed to see the numbers and I regret that I did not take a screen cap when I saw a glorious 52k Smoke Assault. I was on the edge of tears seeing that amount of damage from a pet.

Keep Smokescale as is!

in Ranger

cafard.8953

This was in PvE land, but still managed to see the numbers and I regret that I did not take a screen cap when I saw a glorious 52k Smoke Assault. I was on the edge of tears seeing that amount of damage from a pet.

An ambient caught by the aoe?

That said, such numbers remind me of pre-nerf norn bear form in the pre-nerf crit damage days. Good fun was had…

Olaf Oakmane [KA]

Keep Smokescale as is!

in Ranger

DoogySnowStalker.2069

That said, such numbers remind me of pre-nerf norn bear form in the pre-nerf crit damage days. Good fun was had…

It was Arch Diviner on Fractal 24 for the Daily, and was testing before as well to see how high I could get the numbers up to. Signet of the Wild – 25%, Sic ’Em – 40%, Grace of the Land – 15%, Glyph of Empowerment – 10%, Frost Spirit – 10%, Max Vulnerbility – 25%, with 25 stacks of might for a total of a 125% damage increase with however much 25 stacks of might affects that. Again, I regret not taking a screen cap of it.

Keep Smokescale as is!

in Ranger

cafard.8953

It was Arch Diviner on Fractal 24 for the Daily, and was testing before as well to see how high I could get the numbers up to. Signet of the Wild – 25%, Sic ’Em – 40%, Grace of the Land – 15%, Glyph of Empowerment – 10%, Frost Spirit – 10%, Max Vulnerbility – 25%, with 25 stacks of might for a total of a 125% damage increase with however much 25 stacks of might affects that. Again, I regret not taking a screen cap of it.

Think of what all this could have done to the bear charge… sigh

Olaf Oakmane [KA]

Keep Smokescale as is!

in Ranger

Posted by: Sarision.6347

Sarision.6347

If I want a bursty F2, I can always take birds.

Keep Smokescale as is!

in Ranger

Posted by: Wuselknusel.4082

Wuselknusel.4082

Let your voice be heard! Vote for my suggestion and get the best of both worlds! And other fluff! Blunt self-advertisement! Yay!

(edited by Wuselknusel.4082)

Keep Smokescale as is!

in Ranger

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

Despite its DMG being nefed it still has one of the best and quickest DPS among the pets. For that reason I want to keep it as is. I personally feel i have far less use of the smokefield as active skill. It serves well as the pets own defence.

You clearly did not do your homework to at least read my threads to see the DPS.
And serves what exactly, no1 attacks our pets, and time that field lasts without being on demand is absurdly hopeless and pointless.

I would suggest you to go on ranger forum, and brows my threads, you could use some knowledge before you try to suggest something that has no constructive data to cover your argument.

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

Keep Smokescale as is!

in Ranger

Posted by: AgitatedFox.5287

AgitatedFox.5287

any on-demand combo field in this game is treasured and people are proud of their classes ability to do it, the whole combat system of the game revolves around use of AoE, which combo fields enhance quite a bit. Our pets are kitten. There is no denying it. We have the worst class mechanic of the game. Thats not to say that they can’t be fixed and I seriously cannot comprehend why Arena Net haven’t done so in the 3 years this games been out. a 20% boost in base movement speed and allow their attacks to have a much bigger radius (so much so that the animations are more a thing of style than functional use) and we’re golden. This is why the Smokescale is such a big thing, it adds another combo field to a class. Yes you have a better burst with Smoke Assault being the F2, but there is no question that the field is the better skill overall.

Ranger Danger!

Keep Smokescale as is!

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

I agree, Keep it this way.

Keep Smokescale as is!

in Ranger

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Disagree. Please revert it to the way it was. I would like to pick and choose when smokescreen happens for reasons mentioned repeatedly.

Gone to Reddit.

Keep Smokescale as is!

in Ranger

Posted by: Koru.8574

Koru.8574

Please keep the f2 how it is.. It makes the pet extremely good for hybrid specs in pvp (because you can decide when it bursts) The smoke field doesn’t do much for the player... and the pet is already pretty tanky.

Smoke Field on auto-cast harms the game, it automatically covers IMPORTANT fields (water covered by your automatic smoke field, no thx). It NEEDS to be on F2.

bleh on the smokefield. i actually like the smoke assault, to be honest blinding bolts n stealth vs when u want to burst with your pet. ill always go for the burst and i f i want to stealth and blind, ill roll thief. i want to fight with my pet not hide with it…keep your combos to yourself!

Keep Smokescale as is!

in Ranger

Firelysm.4967

bleh on the smokefield. i actually like the smoke assault, to be honest blinding bolts n stealth vs when u want to burst with your pet. ill always go for the burst and i f i want to stealth and blind, ill roll thief. i want to fight with my pet not hide with it…keep your combos to yourself!

You don’t know that you can actually use Smokescale – smoke assault can be triggered on demand even if it’s not F2, right? This F2 pet swap shows, how little our community knows about our pets and skills on demand.

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

Keep Smokescale as is!

in Ranger

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

You don’t know that you can actually use Smokescale – smoke assault can be triggered on demand even if it’s not F2, right? This F2 pet swap shows, how little our community knows about our pets and skills on demand.

Was going to say something similar, but you nailed it. People, we’re not losing smoke assault. The pet will return to using it as a basic attack ever few seconds. That’s how it was before . . . albeit with less damage now.

Gone to Reddit.

Keep Smokescale as is!

in Ranger

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

EDIT: Disregard…I misread.

(edited by Gotejjeken.1267)

Keep Smokescale as is!

in Ranger

Firelysm.4967

I admit, that i’m more on forum last two days, then in the game, why?
I desperately want to contribute as much as I can NOW, when content is fresh, when GW2 has time to make changes and fixes, if we don’t, ranger will stay like that for months.

Keep Smokescale as is!

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

Have been suggested for over a year if not much longer.

Yep, you can see that one coming. Instead of joy, we only get Tears of Roy.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

Keep Smokescale as is!

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

Should be combined with the other post pro keeping assault as the F2 ability.