Krait Runes

Krait Runes

in Ranger

Posted by: Renn.8241

Renn.8241

Not sure if these where changed but they are working really well for me.
Rune 6 Bonus:
+20% Bleeding.png Bleed Duration; when you use an elite skill, you inflict Bleeding.png Bleeding, Torment.png Torment, and Poison.png Poison for 8 seconds to nearby foes. (Cooldown: 30s)

Along with Entangle (don’t hate)

It puts alot of condition pressure on targets with just 1 skill

~Renn~ Jade Quarry – Norn, – Ranger.

Krait Runes

in Ranger

Posted by: TriskaiX.7014

TriskaiX.7014

the runes changed a lot they used to give 100 bonus power while under water before the patch

Krait Runes

in Ranger

Posted by: Expiatus.4210

Expiatus.4210

This will be very nasty with any condi bunker build since the damage should scale of player stats.

I’m curious. Anyone know the range of the sixth effect? For instance, if you miss some one with Entangle due to range or the 5 cap, will they still get hit with Bleeding, Torment, and Poison?
Is the sixth effect capped at 5 also? Probably…hmmm
Can the the sixth skill be evaded? I imagine it can but not 100% sure.

Anvil Rock – Out manned, out gunned and no repair costs, so Leeroy up and dive in.
See you in Tyria.

Krait Runes

in Ranger

Posted by: Pugsley.9627

Pugsley.9627

I can verify on the condi tank build in pvp krait runes are very affective.

Server: TC
80: Ranger x2 Guard x2 Thief Necro Engi Ele War Mesmer

Krait Runes

in Ranger

Posted by: Samson.1345

Samson.1345

I actually made a build around the krait runes, here it is:
Axe/Dagger (blood, corruption) krait runes, rabid amulet
2 III
2 II
4 VI VII
6 IV VII XIII
pet is personal choice, I find the reef drake to be effective as this build has such a wide variety of conditions and that adds one more type (with so many different condis it is tough to clear them all)
troll unguent, sun spirit, LR, sharpening stone, entangle
with perm fury uptime (with fury=59% crit chance) and 10-25 stacks of bleed as well as almost if not all other condis in the game, most people crumble to this build
The build has very low cooldowns and high condi spike
it has some tankiness, but you must play it very aggressively to win (you must kill them as quickly as possible as you can’t outlast them)
With the Spirit, 2 sharpening stones, entangle (and the krait elite skill proc which applies bleed, torment and poison), axe bleeds, axe chill axe weakness, dagger poison, dagger cripple and bleed, bleed on crits, drake confusion they should always be suffering a variety of conditions

Krait Runes

in Ranger

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

yes, i predict these runes will be the new meta for condi rangers, warriors and thieves.
Perplexity is strong, but the ability to just “overload” any form of cleansing by mass stacking condies is stronger.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

Krait Runes

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I used these earlier on a 2/0/6/6/0 build…. oh sweet jesus how i loved it lol, my friend joking ran them too with his venom share condi theif “bunker” skill and the amount of chaos we were causing was just too delicious to let go…

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Krait Runes

in Ranger

Posted by: DiamondMeteor.8345

DiamondMeteor.8345

Afflicted Runes are neat too! Has less bleed duration but that 15% poison duration is handy.

Ranger / Revenant – Crystal Desert

Krait Runes

in Ranger

Posted by: SafiMoyo.5130

SafiMoyo.5130

I’m shiney new to pvp and picked these up immediately. Seemed like the obvious choice.

Champion Hunter

Krait Runes

in Ranger

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Sorry, with all cooldowns on elites being that long, imo it’s just a waste.

If you play tpvp, you’re most likely to be using Spirit of Nature which has huge cooldown. To even make it most clunky, you want to pop this spirit for teamplay to revive and recuperate your team. It’s not an offensive cooldown used for spikes, at any point or situation.

Entangle is a skill which is good in theory, but in practice it sucks, is quickly cleansed/destroyed/teleported from (Mes, Teef), has that cooldown, hardly ever remains for more than a blink of eye or misses completly.
The only thing you really get from this rune is Torment and in this case, Runes of Tormenting are pretty good and more reliable. You already have multiple sources of poison as Ranger and few bleeding stacks aren’t worth it.

It’s a good runeset for Warriors and Thieves b/c they have low cooldown elites. Isn’t the worst option in the world for Necromancers. But Rangers? Nah

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Krait Runes

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

If you play tpvp, you’re most likely to be using Spirit of Nature which has huge cooldown. To even make it most clunky, you want to pop this spirit for teamplay to revive and recuperate your team. It’s not an offensive cooldown used for spikes, at any point or situation.

Entangle is a skill which is good in theory, but in practice it sucks, is quickly cleansed/destroyed/teleported from (Mes, Teef), has that cooldown, hardly ever remains for more than a blink of eye or misses completly.
The only thing you really get from this rune is Torment and in this case, Runes of Tormenting are pretty good and more reliable. You already have multiple sources of poison as Ranger and few bleeding stacks aren’t worth it.

It’s a good runeset for Warriors and Thieves b/c they have low cooldown elites. Isn’t the worst option in the world for Necromancers. But Rangers? Nah

You essentially just said, “this rune set is bad because spirit of nature has a long CD and idk when to use entangle in a fight.”

1) Spirit of Nature isn’t the end all be all elite and taking RaO or Entangle is always a good option if it fits your build, if you’re a support ranger or a spirit ranger though, you’re probably running Spirit of Nature, but at the same time you’re sure as hell not running Krait Runes

2) sure, there’s multiple ways to get out of entangle, but in all honesty there kinda has to since it’s a kittening strong skill, and because of that you should be using it about halfway through/ near the end of fights after most CDs have already been exhausted. And keep in mind that vs a Mesmer or thief whose just gonna tele out of entangle you can position yourself so that if they want to hit you they’ve gotta get rerooted since the vines don’t die, they just sit there waiting for their next victim.

3) this rune set also gives a kitten ton of bleed duration and allows you to apply more bleeding, which helps out even if your elite skill isn’t being used every 90s to maximize the rune.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Krait Runes

in Ranger

Posted by: Dave Pare.2069

Dave Pare.2069

I agree, Krait runes are good for low CD elites but for Ranger? Better than ever Undead imo. The build looks very good, I would just switch Rune of the Krait in favor of Rune of the Undead.

Krait Runes

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

I havent tried them but it does look a lot of fun with entangle. I know Entangle gets a lot of hate because of how easily some can get out of it, but if you use it a lot (its really the only the elite I use) you get used to using it at the correct time so that people dont just insta-escape. Sure, you’re never going to trap someone for the full 20s, but even just 3-4s is enough to wreck them, and with all these extra conditions it just makes overloading them in that time that much easier.

That said, I could think it is stronger for condi thieves and warriors simply for their low CD elites, but that doesnt make it bad on rangers.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

Krait Runes

in Ranger

Posted by: mannyd.1305

mannyd.1305

these been new fave after update. switched from 2 each of centaur krait afflicted. really great for bleedings rangers . and double sigils on bows with earth and agony gets those bleed stacks maxed. and yes spike trap and entangle add to the fun

Krait Runes

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

2-0-6-6-0. Or 2-2-6-4-0 agony/earth/krait shortbow is a nasty piece of work.

+75% bleed duration. With luck you can proc in one shot:

10s : sharp stone
5s : auto
8s : earth
3s : keen edge

I’ve found I can maintain 20 stacks of bleed for 30s on a still target. 10-15s + half uptime on burn normally. I took it to pvp and ledged people in midfight for more damage than a power ranger, with far more sustain.

Ranger | Elementalist

(edited by Ryan.9387)