LB+A/WH ranger dungeon viable?

in Ranger

Posted by: Prophet.1584

Prophet.1584

With these changes and the nerf to FS who thinks zerker LB ranger is dungeon viable? The damage increase to LB seems amazing so far.

I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

it’ll need testing , if it fits into a Lb+S/W or S/A build, but it’ll still only be used for Rapid fire>barrage>qQ / Swap Sword autos . possible for opening attacks at the very start of attack, then moving onto sword afterwards.

and it’ll need Onslaught trait for sure thats a 10% damage buff overall just preping the boss/mob+boss with cripple before cleaving for a higher cripple uptime.

and i wouldn’t use Lb focused traits as it’ll still be a Secondary weapon.

not sure what will happen so far with frost spirit being broken though :/

in Ranger

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

Viable like anything else. Helpful and close to optimal? Nope.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

in Ranger

Posted by: ChillyChinaman.6057

ChillyChinaman.6057

Viable like anything else. Helpful and close to optimal? Nope.

Especially with Frost spirit still useless.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

Axe mainhand won’t be very good.

in Ranger

Posted by: Naneek.3874

Naneek.3874

with 3 in nature magic the axe becomes 100x better then it used to be. With only 3 in nature magic and no other runes(IE strength) pet gets 25 stacks of might and holds it with ease. With runes of strength 25 stacks of might is attainable with just axe auto hitting multiple targets. Axe is probably the best thing for dealing with trash in dungeons/fractals for rangers now. With 25 stacks of might it most definitely out damages a sword or greatsword at least hitting multiple targets. a/wh s/a is my favorite combo now.

in Ranger

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

with 3 in nature magic the axe becomes 100x better then it used to be. With only 3 in nature magic and no other runes(IE strength) pet gets 25 stacks of might and holds it with ease. With runes of strength 25 stacks of might is attainable with just axe auto hitting multiple targets. Axe is probably the best thing for dealing with trash in dungeons/fractals for rangers now. With 25 stacks of might it most definitely out damages a sword or greatsword at least hitting multiple targets. a/wh s/a is my favorite combo now.

If you have a decent ele in your party you should be having that kind of might anyway and using sword or GS for trash.

in Ranger

Posted by: Naneek.3874

Naneek.3874

If you have a decent ele in your party you should be having that kind of might anyway and using sword or GS for trash.

Yes, with ele + guard you could probably get 25 stacks, but using that logic RaO is no better than trash. You are probably right in an optimal party axe would not out class gs or sword, but that’s why you bring a sword as well. I don’t see much point to carry a sword and a gs since in an optimal party sword always outclasses gs, so it pretty much boils down to axe mainhand or the new LB. There are certainly perks to both, but I find the axe more appealing.