LB did get a huge DPS buff...

in Ranger

Posted by: CRrabbit.1284

CRrabbit.1284

when compared with SB.
Before patch, it take a little bit longer for LB to kill the golem than SB. And now LB is faster than SB, SO we clearly get a buff at LB DPS.

Is this logic right?

And the truth is ……

in Ranger

Posted by: Akisame.9508

Akisame.9508

It’s only because the LB with Eagle Eye has a bug that is giving us a bump to our damage. Anet has already stated that it’s a bug and they are going to remove the bug which means the longbow will be a useless weapon again.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Don’t you worry your pretty head, the longbow update wasn’t intended. The truth is . . . it’s getting nerfed . . . er, fixed, to the ground. So rejoice! Short bow and longbow will suck equally.

Joy.

Gone to Reddit.

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Anybody find it funny that in a patch that was supposed to make more builds viable through trait changes and adding a new heal that the only change that helped make new builds for Rangers was a bug that is getting fixed.

in Ranger

Posted by: Himei.5379

Himei.5379

Anybody find it funny that in a patch that was supposed to make more builds viable through trait changes and adding a new heal that the only change that helped make new builds for Rangers was a bug that is getting fixed.

Pretty funny indeed. I dont use Eagle Eye so how much damage is it doing compared to having it and not having it?

in Ranger

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

To me life is pretty cut and dry most of the time. Not much room for gray areas. What is cut and dry is that this game, because of no trinity, is built around doing as much damage as possible as fast as possible. You do that by running as much zerker gear as possible and running all the dps related traits as possible. My toons either run 80% to 100% zerker gear and traits on all my toons. It doesn’t make sense not to. I’m all for replaying content but I’m not going to kitten kitten around the same dungeons killing all the mobs a thousand times. I, and many others, are going to want to get through the content as fast as possible. The best way to do that is DPS as much as you can as fast as you can to move on to the next target, then next dungeon. Damage? Mitigated through dodging/evades thus no need to waste gears not geared towards doing as much damage as possible. Sure, a little survivability is o.k. I guess but not 100% geared for survivability. Good gawd it’d take too long to take down most things in this game. I guess thats why I only run dungeons with like minded people that want to do as much damage as possible as fast as possible. I know they are going to run the gear to do so because we’ve all ran this content 1000 times already. That is where the LB came into play with this unintended buff. I was quite excited about it but, alas, too good to be true.. Too bad I can’t play the game right now and don’t get to experience the buff. It would have seen some action outside of world boss fights for once.

If they wanted to open up build diversity that made sense they’d give/change traits to be more DPS oriented. Why? Because that is all that matters in this game. Support and tanks don’t matter in the traditional sense. Support in this game is about sharing buffs such as fury, might, and stability nothing more. And honestly, if I wasn’t so enamoured with the play style of the Ranger I would run a Warrior/Gaurdian 100% of the time.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Doesn’t really seem like a massive boost to LB damage really but I was using it combined with Spotter and Fortifying Bond to create some new Beastmaster spec. Just figuring out the best place to but the rest of my points.

But nope, we can’t have nice things.

in Ranger

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

It’s funny then intend on removing it, yet even with it, were still not on par with other classes.

Perhaps if they let the LB stack both fury and might, we’ll be equal.

in Ranger

Posted by: urdriel.8496

urdriel.8496

It’s funny then intend on removing it, yet even with it, were still not on par with other classes.

Perhaps if they let the LB stack both fury and might, we’ll be equal.

Eagle eye : LB and spear → +300 range +5% damage , 50% gain might on critical hits for 5secs.

in Ranger

Posted by: Maddie Bear.3509

Maddie Bear.3509

So i have been messing around in wvw with the lb both pre and post patch. I have eagle eye traited on a zerkers signet build. Having a lot of fun with it until last night. When roaming i usually pop them a few times from distance, they close gap, and we go at it.

Occasionally I end up behind someone as they run from me and usually have enough range to down them before they get far enough way. On a few occasions last night I had some runners. Normally I smile and chase them down. Wouldn’t you know it, at anything over about 900 + range, all they have to do is repeatedly jump (their backs are to me and they are just running hammering away on the space bar) and I will not land a single blow. IMO since you are going to take back the fury, can we get a buff to projectile speed. Its rather pathetic.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dina Van Heyr.3018

Dina Van Heyr.3018

maybe all rangers could join and make a petition for keeping the unintended buff for ranger LB, ranger with LB (and ranger in general) is except spvp where no one reasonably uses LB pretty weak and in www favorite pray to all other classes, i dont want to compare players who master their ranger and they know how to get from most of the fights at least alive. But in general is ranger especially in www a joke,
they promised changes for over a year and till now only we got were nerfs and useless buffs in compare to warrior, ele or mesmer and other classes which getting improvements every “ballance”
I’m not saying that 25s fury with stacking isnt a bit much but maybe like 10s duration instead of 25 and 20s cd (its still crit hit based) could help, we dont want to kill warriors just with long bow dont we.. they at least deserve they change to stun us to eternity ..
ot give rampage as one 30 s duration and 60 s cd (20s duration 120 s cd)

(edited by Dina Van Heyr.3018)

in Ranger

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

guys! stop crying! i rerolled to warrior after i year and it worth it

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in Ranger

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

guys! stop crying! i rerolled to warrior after i year and it worth it

Cool story bro.

in Ranger

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

Long bow damage should have been a 20% boost across all long bow skills. Not just the 1 button.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi