LF: WvW Sniper Build (Longbow)

in Ranger

Posted by: FinalPatriot.8034

FinalPatriot.8034

Folks, there was a “sniper” LB build I remember reading about awhile back that was pretty much a glass cannon/zerg build but with all the changes, I’m sure it’s not the same anymore. As I have recently been leveling a Ranger, could one of you link this build for me so I can know what I should be working towards? Also, does this build work in PvE as well?

Thanks!

Laura Seranus – Mesmer –
“Shatter Me!”
“I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.”

in Ranger

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

in Ranger

Posted by: Robyn Yew.6072

Robyn Yew.6072

pretty much that build, I use 30-30-10 for mine, the stealth really is not needed when you sit at 1500 range. go fire sigil with w\e you want on secondary, fyi greastsword already provides your survivability so go 30-30-10

}|{Rhbyn Yew}|{ Sylvari Ranger 80
born to Isle Of Janthir

in Ranger

Posted by: FinalPatriot.8034

FinalPatriot.8034

Thanks for the help! I’ve collected so many of these “level up” items from doing sPvP that I though I would put them to good use and actually play my ranger a bit. It’s the only class that I’ve never really given a chance because I was stupid enough to listen to all the anti-ranger hate on the forums.

Laura Seranus – Mesmer –
“Shatter Me!”
“I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.”

in Ranger

Posted by: BlackThorn.9725

BlackThorn.9725

Here is the build i use for WvW.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQJATRnUqQLLWyC2CCXLGYPoWHAFwZ3aIcfwbRbfxKnMB-TFSBABBu/wDPAAKV/xMlgXp8LiLAgGHBAAOEAkCQPhRA-w

I use traveler runes which allows me to equip ‘protect me’ (it has saved my life many of times) instead of equipping SofH. I use GS simply for defense and escape purposes. #3 Swoop allows me to gain distance and the #4 counter attack it great for blocking damage. 3 stuns breakers, condition removal and RaO for stability.

Fire and air on the LB is great.

I guess it depends how one views a ‘sniper’, but to me, this build allows me to play that role as i perceive it. Taking out targets that are stray from the zerg with great escaping and defensive tools when you’re in trouble.

(edited by BlackThorn.9725)

in Ranger

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

The build I use in WvW:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQJATRnUqQtg2vCGsAXLGIPoWHAJwazeDOhSw1CnyquyaqA-TVCFABIcIAA4CAUo6PXpEEp9HlfC8AASTHQGaCW4IAAA-w

It’s a pretty straightforward/passive Longbow build.

Should work in PvE as well, but when you do dungeons, you’ll want to change the traits a bit. No need for Read the Wind, nor Predator’s Instinct for example.

For sPvP you’re probably better off with a 30/0/5/30/0 build as already has been posted.