LOLOL At Grandmaster Traits....Thanks ANet!

in Ranger

Posted by: Whitesoul.7853

Whitesoul.7853

Complete Joke…My Arrows go Faster…Woop!!

Shafted “R” Us..

I still love my ranger!

in Ranger

Posted by: ZigWentZag.6082

ZigWentZag.6082

imo strider’s defense seems kinda cool wouldn’t mind trying it out but other then that we got slapped with a big fat meh.

in Ranger

Whitesoul.7853

Eh 15 % in a zerg…still dead! but true only decent one

in Ranger

Posted by: Klonko.8341

Klonko.8341

The striders defense one is useless it block only projectile and only when you attacking… WTH?

Raining Rainbows lvl 80 ranger ~~~~~ SBI server

in Ranger

ZigWentZag.6082

wait its only when your attacking? that is kinda dumb…

in Ranger

Posted by: Klonko.8341

Klonko.8341

Tool tip says so…

Raining Rainbows lvl 80 ranger ~~~~~ SBI server

in Ranger

Whitesoul.7853

Yeah Anet shafts the worst class already..again

in Ranger

Posted by: Sandpit.3467

Sandpit.3467

True to form, ANet just can’t resist nerfing the carp out of rangers

How are warriors looking these days?

in Ranger

Posted by: Seisyll.5914

Seisyll.5914

Actually “Survival of the fittest” and “Read the Wind” are working quite nicely on LB

80 Ranger | 80 Thief | 80 Ele | 80 Guardian | 80 Warrior | 80 Engineer | 80 Necromancer
Piken Square

in Ranger

ZigWentZag.6082

Actually “Survival of the fittest” and “Read the Wind” are working quite nicely on LB

“read the wing” should just be a fix to the longbow not a trait and “survival of the fittest” is in the wrong tree :\

in Ranger

Posted by: Seisyll.5914

Seisyll.5914

I don’t say it shouldn’t be a fix, I’m just saying that increased arrow velocity is nice. And as for SoF I think it’s ok where it is. Or would you like to be forced to choose either it or Emphatic Bond?

80 Ranger | 80 Thief | 80 Ele | 80 Guardian | 80 Warrior | 80 Engineer | 80 Necromancer
Piken Square

in Ranger

ZigWentZag.6082

I don’t say it shouldn’t be a fix, I’m just saying that increased arrow velocity is nice. And as for SoF I think it’s ok where it is. Or would you like to be forced to choose either it or Emphatic Bond?

well imo if you are 30 into marksmen and using a longbow and u don spec into “remorseless” for the free crit and extra vuln stacking (since your lb 3 stealths you granting you opening strike again) then you are wasting a trait. but that’s just how i feel about it.

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

Read the Wind is excellent for longbow. I tried it and am really enjoying it. “dodge this”

I am however of opinion that either Read the Wind, Eagle Eye or Piercing Arrows should be default behavior. The competition is rather high on Marksmanship and rather non-existing on Skirmishing.

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Read the Wind is excellent for longbow. I tried it and am really enjoying it. “dodge this”

I am however of opinion that either Read the Wind, Eagle Eye or Piercing Arrows should be default behavior. The competition is rather high on Marksmanship and rather non-existing on Skirmishing.

Oh no, the horrors… you need to choose between traits, the kittening horrors…

@ everyone complaining about our Grand Master Traits, you’ve clearly haven’t used them yet, they’re all awesome, RTW makes our arrows impossible to side step and it’s absolutely glorious, it’s like using a gun!

Not to mention Poison Master, Survival of the Fittest and Invigorating Bound may be the greatest things since sliced bread, I mean sure we’ve got scum bag striders defense over there in the skirmishing tree being “meh” but as for all the others they’re all amazing.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Poison master also affect pet abilities. Tested it earlier.

Just sayin.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in Ranger

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

@ everyone complaining about our Grand Master Traits, you’ve clearly haven’t used them yet, they’re all awesome, RTW makes our arrows impossible to side step and it’s absolutely glorious, it’s like using a gun!

Not to mention Poison Master, Survival of the Fittest and Invigorating Bound may be the greatest things since sliced bread, I mean sure we’ve got scum bag striders defense over there in the skirmishing tree being “meh” but as for all the others they’re all amazing.

Just sayin.

Both of you need to get with the program. Don’t you read these forums? Apparently you don’t since everyone says this patch was a massive nerf to the Ranger class….and a major boost to every other class.

Positive outlooks aren’t welcome here !

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Just sayin.

Both of you need to get with the program. Don’t you read these forums? Apparently you don’t since everyone says this patch was a massive nerf to the Ranger class….and a major boost to every other class.

This forums only reasonings to why we got shafted is “I want read the wind base line!” And “poison master isn’t a damage boost because poison increasing in damage isn’t as good as if bleed increased in damage.” Aka very bad, arguments, from likely bad rangers.

If anything we got buffed THE MOST out of every single other profession because our pets now work.

You tie in the grand master traits (which are all amazing with the exception of Striders defense) and there’s no way anyone got as big of improvements as us. Not to mention we benefit from the sigil and rune changes greatly and because of how they work and our inherent versatility got a surge of roles opening up from a change not even targeting us specifically.

And before some idiot says, “but Durz warriors got those too!” Warriors don’t have easy access to every condi minus confusion, blind, and torment, warriors don’t have 100% uptime with 3 (arguably 4 with sword/dagger as an option) of their weapons due to being ranged, warriors don’t have nearly as much SUSTAINED damage as us, etc.

A ranger going for damage went from pretty scary, to absolutely horrifying in one patch, a GOOD ranger is capable of just out controlling, and out damaging people now due to these pet changes.

in Ranger

Posted by: geogyf.5087

geogyf.5087

the new ranger traits are bland in my opinion.
Some are good in mechanics and numbers in certain situation, but they seem meh in general.

I was expecting a ranger buff, and all we got was some utility bug fixes..

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Anyone notice with the Nature trait and when using Lightning Reflexes that it removes the condis at the end of the roll? That’s an extra tick of condis we shouldn’t have to take.

The other survival skills look to clear condis when they activate.

As a side note, has anyone tested Keen Edge to see if it triggers the condi cleanse when it activates? That’s something I forgot to get around to last night.

in Ranger

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

Since I have Immobilise removal on Lightning Reflexes, I don’t even took that since yesterday. lol:
But I’ll check it now, if it removes the immob at the END of roll, its just as sad when your mother brings you some noname sweets and says “this is same good”. >.<

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

in Ranger

Posted by: Shen Slayer.3058

Shen Slayer.3058

I don’t think anyone at Anet ever plays a ranger…they are clueless.

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Oh I didn’t mean the immobilize. That is removed right away or you wouldn’t roll away. I’m talking about the condi’s that the new NM trait, Survival of the Fittest, removes when you activate a survival skill. It seems to remove those 2 at the end of the roll instead of when I activate the skill.

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

I don’t think anyone at Anet ever plays a ranger…they are clueless.

Funny, I’ve been thinking the same thing except replace Anet with “people complaining about the new traits”

@Aetherakhia Keen Edge does remove the conditions, and I agree that it’s weird how LR removes it’s condis at the end of the skill than at the beginning, kinda weird if you ask me.

in Ranger

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Just sayin.

This forums only reasonings to why we got shafted is “I want read the wind base line!” And “poison master isn’t a damage boost because poison increasing in damage isn’t as good as if bleed increased in damage.” Aka very bad, arguments, from likely bad rangers.

If anything we got buffed THE MOST out of every single other profession because our pets now work.

You tie in the grand master traits (which are all amazing with the exception of Striders defense) and there’s no way anyone got as big of improvements as us. Not to mention we benefit from the sigil and rune changes greatly and because of how they work and our inherent versatility got a surge of roles opening up from a change not even targeting us specifically.

And before some idiot says, “but Durz warriors got those too!” Warriors don’t have easy access to every condi minus confusion, blind, and torment, warriors don’t have 100% uptime with 3 (arguably 4 with sword/dagger as an option) of their weapons due to being ranged, warriors don’t have nearly as much SUSTAINED damage as us, etc.

A ranger going for damage went from pretty scary, to absolutely horrifying in one patch, a GOOD ranger is capable of just out controlling, and out damaging people now due to these pet changes.

You mean your pet works…

Needing to hit the F2 key six times to make it proc isn’t fixed. Sorry.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Just sayin.

You mean your pet works…

Needing to hit the F2 key six times to make it proc isn’t fixed. Sorry.

Have you played since the patch hit? Me, Jcbroe, Prysin, Bri, Chopps and several other rangers have not had this issue and have all been enjoying our F2s going off when you hit the button.

Either you have some horrible latency, or you’re just speaking out your kitten .

in Ranger

Posted by: Ravenger.9056

Ravenger.9056

If you only do PvE, I can see how these new traits might not seem so good. But as and above poster said (Sorry can’t be bothered sculling to find out who!), all but the Skirmishing trait is great for WvW

+50% poison dmamge and condi cleanse on survival skills … look forward to that.

Atherakhia: If you do test whether the Keen edge Trait activates condo cleanse I’d be interested to know. Been wondering at that for awhile now and itching to try it out.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sicarius.4639

Sicarius.4639

It’s a shame the Spirit of Nature was so harshly nerfed, watching Warriors go spare over an 8% nerf to passive healing with 100% up time was funny though.

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

It’s a shame the Spirit of Nature was so harshly nerfed, watching Warriors go spare over an 8% nerf to passive healing with 100% up time was funny though.

I mean, I’m not surprised the spirit was nerfed, it was an AoE regen that was stronger than Healing Signet + an AoE Rez + an AoE 100% condi clear on a 30s CD so it could be used twice.

I’m just happy they only nerfed the regen down to what the tooltip says it is.

in Ranger

Posted by: Killsmith.8169

Killsmith.8169

I don’t think the new grandmaster traits are really about buffs or nerfs. I think they’d like to see how people like the new system of acquiring traits. They want to know who’s going to go out and cap the new traits and who’s going to buy them.

Besides, the main gripes with ranger traits are that some should be consolidated, some are weak, and utilities are too dependent on grandmaster traits. More grandmaster traits can’t possibly fix those issues.

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

I don’t think the new grandmaster traits are really about buffs or nerfs. I think they’d like to see how people like the new system of acquiring traits. They want to know who’s going to go out and cap the new traits and who’s going to buy them.

Besides, the main gripes with ranger traits are that some should be consolidated, some are weak, and utilities are too dependent on grandmaster traits. More grandmaster traits can’t possibly fix those issues.

The traits are meant to add more build diversity, which they do, ESPECIALLY for rangers because now you’ve got people not taking EB so they can take poison master, and some builds are even avoiding 30 in WS all together to take Survival of the Fittest. Not to mention read the wind has already changed up the whole “if you run LB you need EE and PA!”

NOTE: not saying our utilities aren’t super trait reliant, just stating that these traits were meant to shake up the meta and stir the build options around, which it has already succeeded in.

in Ranger

RoyalPredator.9163

Tested for 6 hours straight:
Read of the Wind is totaly useless!
+ it makes your ROF even more noticeably low.

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Can’t jump on to test yet but does the Grandmaster traits in the Beastmaster line actually heal a decent amount? Is it worth using with double birds?

Also did we already know about Survival of the Fittest giving fury? I thought it was only going to remove condis so that was a nice surprise.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

The ranger traits at least shake things up a bit. They may not all the most impressive thing ever, but it could be worse. I mean, look at the new traits for Thieves, lol.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Tested them all, and found all of them to be very underwhelming. Stuck with my old spec. No changes.

On that note, I was hoping ‘instant’ F2 casting was . . . well . . . instant. But, it still requires the animation of the pet. In some cases, like with Mighty Roar, that’s still too long in a pinch.

Here’s to hoping for real improvements.

Gone to Reddit.

in Ranger

Posted by: wmtyrance.3571

wmtyrance.3571

Just sayin.

You might be right. I think all the bad Rangers are the ones complaining on this board. I sometimes look at the complaints and just don’t understand them. With this update my dps seems alot better than it was. I just don’t get these guys and no wonder no one wants to team with us. I have never seen a class board in any other mmo this bad. If we suck so bad why are you still playing Ranger? I just don’t get these people and maybe its time not visit anymore. And the math these guys put up are a joke most of the time. Its time for you guys to just play annother class and let people that like the class post something good for a change. Man its just so tiring to come here. Please just play another class already.

in Ranger

RoyalPredator.9163

Allie, who was “with us” during the CDI – guess what? Gone from AN.
Just like Hrouda. What is going on here I ask…

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Allie, who was “with us” during the CDI – guess what? Gone from AN.
Just like Hrouda. What is going on here I ask…

Hrouda quit, Allie left because she got a very good job opportunity, also Allie was a member at Anet back in GW1 (there was even a going away party for her), and she was a community manager AKA babysitter for the forums, Hrouda designed dungeons and just happened to play a ranger.

in Ranger

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

Just sayin.

LOL can I please have some of the drugs you are on. You say that “well warriors don’t have easy access to every condition”, but neither do rangers. You are trying to pick and choose and say "well we have easy access to X, Y, Z " but completely ignore that those aren’t even great conditions.

As a warrior I have easy access to far better conditions, and the only one I don’t have easy access to is poison. That’s solved by a simple sigil addition. You can have poison, I get confusion,torment,bleeding,cripple. Add to that I have excellent defenses (higher hp, armor), plus block built in. That’s also not using any of my utility slots. Plus I’m not having to trade out much direct damage in exchange for my conditions melting people. Now I can just as easily spec to give perma regen, plus whatever banner buffs I want in addition to the offense.

Please, tell me more about your awesome poison lol.

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Just sayin.

LOL can I please have some of the drugs you are on. You say that “well warriors don’t have easy access to every condition”, but neither do rangers. You are trying to pick and choose and say "well we have easy access to X, Y, Z " but completely ignore that those aren’t even great conditions.

As a warrior I have easy access to far better conditions, and the only one I don’t have easy access to is poison. That’s solved by a simple sigil addition. You can have poison, I get confusion,torment,bleeding,cripple. Add to that I have excellent defenses (higher hp, armor), plus block built in. That’s also not using any of my utility slots. Plus I’m not having to trade out much direct damage in exchange for my conditions melting people. Now I can just as easily spec to give perma regen, plus whatever banner buffs I want in addition to the offense.

Please, tell me more about your awesome poison lol.

Oh wow, warriors can apply confusion without traits and your conditions magically do more damage than mine when we are in the same gear and have the same stats? Oh wait…. They don’t…

Well at least you can apply your conditions easily from ranged, oh wait… You can’t, well I mean at least you have a large amount of evasions to allow you to avoid both incoming direct and condition damage…. Oh wait, you don’t, you’ve gotta either pop your CDs to avoid incoming damage or soak it up like a sponge…

I mean at least you have easy access to chill, immob, weakness, burning, poison, cripple, and bleeding… Oh wait, you don’t… You only have burn, cripple, bleed, and immob on your condi weapons…

Oh wait!!! But you can still deal a lot of direct damage and be really tanky while going condi built! Oh wait… You don’t have a pet with stats independent from yours…

Huh, you’ve REALLY got us rangers beat, there’s no way we could EVER complain to a warrior when it comes to conditions…

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

not to mention durrz, do not forget that warriors can easily outheal the whole condi spam…. oh wait, they can’t. Their regen got nerfed by poison uptime

in Ranger

GSSBlunaspike.4153

Oh wow, warriors can apply confusion without traits and your conditions magically do more damage than mine when we are in the same gear and have the same stats? Oh wait…. They don’t…

So you want to compare professions without traits now? Interesting, so then let’s assume for the rest of your post you are only using conditions applied by weapons.

Well at least you can apply your conditions easily from ranged, oh wait… You can’t, well I mean at least you have a large amount of evasions to allow you to avoid both incoming direct and condition damage…. Oh wait, you don’t, you’ve gotta either pop your CDs to avoid incoming damage or soak it up like a sponge…

You understimate my longbow. On my longbow I’ve got bleeding, burning, cripple, and immob. Not to mention a blast finisher, and a combo field fire. On your longbow you’ve got…a cripple. You have to evade, I on the other hand have roughly 200 more armor, and almost 4k more base health. Plus I’ve got blocks. but I didn’t realize that evasion allowed you to not take condition damage. That’s interesting.

I mean at least you have easy access to chill, immob, weakness, burning, poison, cripple, and bleeding… Oh wait, you don’t… You only have burn, cripple, bleed, and immob on your condi weapons…

We are talking about conditions, why would I not use my condition weapons. Are you wanting to restrict it now to “we are better at applying conditions as long as the warrior gets no traits, armor, and can only use a gs?” If so that will change things, and I will concede you are correct.

Oh wait!!! But you can still deal a lot of direct damage and be really tanky while going condi built! Oh wait… You don’t have a pet with stats independent from yours…

That’s your big argument? We don’t have a pet. You are right, our dps doesn’t just randomly disappear with one aoe. Our dps is dependent on us, not a pet. I can change my gear/spec to affect my damage. A ranger is reliant on AI to deal damage.

Huh, you’ve REALLY got us rangers beat, there’s no way we could EVER complain to a warrior when it comes to conditions…

Well at least you got this part right.

in Ranger

GSSBlunaspike.4153

not to mention durrz, do not forget that warriors can easily outheal the whole condi spam…. oh wait, they can’t. Their regen got nerfed by poison uptime

I don’t think anyone can outheal the current condi spam, however we can become immune to conditions. How about you?

in Ranger

Posted by: Bredin.5368

Bredin.5368

Not to mention Poison Master, Survival of the Fittest and Invigorating Bound may be the greatest things since sliced bread…

I, like you, am much more optimistic about our the updates, than most rangers. But the biggest and most direct impact doesn’t come from these traits at all. It is the crit damage nerf, which is an indirect buff to rangers.

We’ll be able to scale down our defense and boost our offense as well, since we don’t have to deal with the insane bursts of thieves and mesmers.

Otherwise, it is FAR too early to make informed, broad claims about how our effective our traits will work once new builds start to emerge.

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

I don’t think anyone can outheal the current condi spam, however we can become immune to conditions. How about you?

i can outheal 25 stacks of bleeds, burning, torment and confusion from a player with 2000 condition damage easily, without bothering to cleanse. How about you?

in Ranger

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

Something that is fixed to (finally; 18 months later) work as intended is not a buff. It also does not qualify us as being “buffed THE MOST.” Subtract the pet fix from the ranger changes and still tell your fellow rangers the above quote with a straight face… Thought not!

Not that I’m disagreeing with some of your other points, mind you.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

Tested for 6 hours straight:
Read of the Wind is totaly useless!
+ it makes your ROF even more noticeably low.

you are very bad.

in Ranger

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

Funny, I’ve been thinking the same thing except replace Anet with “people complaining about the new traits”

Don’t argue with him; he’s a pro and anyone who deosn’t share his opinion is a noob.
Atleast that’s how he sees himself..

(edited by HHR LostProphet.4801)

in Ranger

Posted by: Lalath.8794

Lalath.8794

sorry can anyone explain me why, my arrows are as fast as another ranger without that trait.

You all say that it hits faster, but I proved with a friend, spamming the 1, and two pjs move equal, and he doesn´t have this trait.

(edited by Lalath.8794)

in Ranger

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

sorry can anyone explain me why, my arrows are as fast as another ranger without that trait.

You all say that it hits faster, but I proved with a friend, spamming the 1, and two pjs move equal, and he doesn´t has this trait.

It should work, atleast it works for me.

in Ranger

Posted by: Lalath.8794

Lalath.8794

It should work, atleast it works for me.

did you try with another ranger without it? because it´s no only me who happens that