Last Train for Ranger class

in Ranger

Posted by: Pegaasus.3280

Pegaasus.3280

As we all can see ranger has so many limits compared to other classes..look warriors look necros, look mesmers..look any other class except ranger.
I can count dozens of Rangers I personally Know who simply quitted the game or rerolled another class just becouse ranger is not competitive anymore.
Of course there are still some viable builds like the condition ones..but if you fight against a pro warrior or thief or whatelse..you will die no way.
They nerfed our pets..they nerfed our spirits..They could have simply delete our class
Anyway October15 is really last Train for ranger class.
If Arenanet fails..well count 5 rangers and 5 players less in Gw2
( I have a small guild of rangers )
What do you think guys?^ Tell me your opinions

in Ranger

Posted by: Sandpit.3467

Sandpit.3467

I am not expecting anything in Oct 15 that makes a difference. There will be a couple of minuscule buffs, sic ’em will look good on paper but nobody will every use it because it still won;t add up, and there will be at least one major semi-hidden nerf that destroys yet another semi-viable ranger build.

Weapons will still be poor (especially bows)
Traits will still be stupidly un-synergistic and all over the place
Pets will still be the single worst thing that ANet has produced, by a mile.

in Ranger

Posted by: Serraphin Storm.2369

Serraphin Storm.2369

There is no doubt that the ranger is a hard class to play. There are lots of ranger who have a great deal of success with this class and prefer it over any other class.

The difference between the rangers that have the greatest success with this class and the ones who do not is that the one who have the greatest success play the class that is before them. Not the class the hope the ranger to be. They adapt.

To build a good ranger it take more fine tuning. It takes better reaction times. As a ranger you are required to make less mistakes. As a warrior or Guardian you are permitted to eat so of the biggest attacks in the game and just shake it off. Thieves, Ele and Mesmers can disengage from a fight at will and it take very little skill to do so.

Necro and eng just need 10 second and your dead from condtion overload.

As a decent ranger skill level is above the average player. Some rangers can escape at will. The spirited build was nerf because when a ranger is on even ground he kicks kitten . Yes the build was a bit passive but no more than they other classes.

To Play a Ranger you must improve you must adapt you must have a deep desire to over come and never say die.

This isn’t for everyone, but no class is for everyone nor should they be. I play a ranger because its not OP because it’s not easy mode.

Are the issue with the ranger. Yes. I wish my pet scaled with my gear. I wish my pet followed closer to my side. I wish we had more aoe besides axes and traps (barrage does count and piecing isn’t enough (maybe a traited bouncing arrow instead) Pet die but if they die to often then its mostly the rangers fault. Anything that will down a player will kill a pet.

The Ranger core is strong. Rangers learn your strengths over come your weakness then go back build and develop more strengths. To do this you have to over come your fear. I myself am always testing myself. While I like my sword I always have a ranged backup but starting today I will go sword/x and GS. I will develop the skills to effectively run these set in all aspects of the game (exept when I’m farming nothing beats axes). I will run this until I’m satisfied with my performance. Until I’m one of those rangers that almost never die.

The 3 issue I mention are what I feel are the biggest issue outside of them I am happy with the Ranger class. I do not desire a stow option because I know what this class was when I created my ranger.

You get out of this class what you put into it.

In order to properly understand the big picture,
everyone should fear becoming mentally clouded and obsessed with one small section of truth.

in Ranger

Posted by: Garb Cost.3718

Garb Cost.3718

1) As we all can see ranger has so many limits compared to other classes

2) Of course there are still some viable builds like the condition ones..

3) but if you fight against a pro warrior or thief or whatelse..you will die no way.

4) they nerfed our spirits..

1) Not really. Every class is different and writing something like this is just lazy and untrue.

2) There are many viable builds… The problem is you just need to play them correctly to maximise them. You can’t play every build the same

3) Speak for yourself… i.e. Trap build = never having to worry about a thief again. It’s the same as above really, you can’t treat every class with the same approach. If you do, you deserve to get whipped.

4) I can only assume you haven’t played the game since the recent patch that buffed spirits. If you need confirmation of this, go play sPvP or read the forums. Spirit rangers are solid in sPvP resulting in mass QQ on forums about them.

I can’t stand posts like this. If you post a massive moan about your class with the classic and incredibly boring “If we don’t get a buff I’m quitting” then I pray for 2 things. 1) a nerf 2) you to be true to your word and quit.

We really don’t need any more whingers in this class forum.

in Ranger

Garb Cost.3718

@ Serraphin Storm.2369. Great post: objective and fair. Kudos to you.

in Ranger

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

the only reason you cannot stay competitive as a ranger, is because you have:
A) Reached the limit of your skill
B) Doesn’t bother to learn the profession
C) Plays Zerker like a bunker and vise versa
D) Doesn’t have maxed out gear/levels/skills and or the right traits.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in Ranger

Posted by: NargofWoV.4267

NargofWoV.4267

1) Not really. Every class is different and writing something like this is just lazy and untrue.

2) There are many viable builds… The problem is you just need to play them correctly to maximise them. You can’t play every build the same

3) Speak for yourself… i.e. Trap build = never having to worry about a thief again. It’s the same as above really, you can’t treat every class with the same approach. If you do, you deserve to get whipped.

4) I can only assume you haven’t played the game since the recent patch that buffed spirits. If you need confirmation of this, go play sPvP or read the forums. Spirit rangers are solid in sPvP resulting in mass QQ on forums about them.

I can’t stand posts like this. If you post a massive moan about your class with the classic and incredibly boring “If we don’t get a buff I’m quitting” then I pray for 2 things. 1) a nerf 2) you to be true to your word and quit.

1). While every class is different, you can get away with a single build and play everything fairly well with other classes, where you can’t with a ranger. Casual Player Unfriendly.

2). I love posts that say, " Oh to beat this class you should use this traits, this armor, this weapon, swap this pet out, move here, wait for them to try to do X, then hit Y and WIN!" The Ranger class lacks adaptability. Casual Player Unfriendly.

3). “you can’t treat every class with the same approach” Gee, ok, hang on Cond. Necro while I run to Lion’s Arch to respect, re gear, and retrait, then I will come back and show you something! Casual Player unfriendly.

4). I’ve yet to step foot in an Spvp event… I don’t play this game for that type of play. Could care less how the ranger plays in that environment.

What’s a “whingers” ?

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

If you think casual play should reward you equally as much as dedicated play, you are gravely mistaken. Casual play should be rewarded thereafter, and if you try things “casually” with a ranger, you are screwd. For one reason and one reason alone, you will never ever learn it’s weaknesses nor will you ever learn how to counter those weaknesses.

Casual play? Go play guardian, its perfectly balanced for not giving 2 cents about learning to play.

in Ranger

NargofWoV.4267

If you think casual play should reward you equally as much as dedicated play, you are gravely mistaken. Casual play should be rewarded thereafter, and if you try things “casually” with a ranger, you are screwd. For one reason and one reason alone, you will never ever learn it’s weaknesses nor will you ever learn how to counter those weaknesses.

Casual play? Go play guardian, its perfectly balanced for not giving 2 cents about learning to play.

There is a learning curve with all classes. Why should the Ranger Class be a higher learning curve? And yes, already re rolled, something I swore I would never do, and I’ve immediately see a huge difference. That is sad.

Better question might be, why do we continue to exist and try to thrive in a class with glaring problems? Pet AI, Ascended Gear discrepencies, etc…

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

in Ranger

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

My opinion? I have a ranger, mesmer and necromancer.
In PvE? Ranger all the way.
In PvP? Ranger all the way (Although occasionally a necromancer does outskill me)

..And I’m still friggin scared when I run into a spirit ranger.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

in Ranger

NargofWoV.4267

My opinion? I have a ranger, mesmer and necromancer.
In PvE? Ranger all the way.
In PvP? Ranger all the way (Although occasionally a necromancer does outskill me)

..And I’m still friggin scared when I run into a spirit ranger.

And yet, there are posts on this forum from folks saying they had been kicked out of PUG groups in PvE dungeon runs for using a bow….

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

cuz PUG’s in general, have no clue about what is good or isn’t beyond what is posted on third party sites by guardian/warrior fanboys.

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

There is a learning curve with all classes. Why should the Ranger Class be a higher learning curve? And yes, already re rolled, something I swore I would never do, and I’ve immediately see a huge difference. That is sad.

Better question might be, why do we continue to exist and try to thrive in a class with glaring problems? Pet AI, Ascended Gear discrepencies, etc…

Its not higher learning curve, its a different learning curve. The skill floor changes dramatically. While most professions have a steadily increasing skill level, rangers have a easy start, and a terribly hard middle. then once you get good, the remaining way won’t take long.

also, rangers are slightly more dependent on a players reflexes and ability to recognize enemy movements in order to dodge. That boils down to; either you are good at MMO’s, or you ain’t. And no matter how good a handicap any other profession provides, that flaw is an individual problem, not a game balance one.

in Ranger

NargofWoV.4267

Its not higher learning curve, its a different learning curve. The skill floor changes dramatically. While most professions have a steadily increasing skill level, rangers have a easy start, and a terribly hard middle. then once you get good, the remaining way won’t take long.

also, rangers are slightly more dependent on a players reflexes and ability to recognize enemy movements in order to dodge. That boils down to; either you are good at MMO’s, or you ain’t. And no matter how good a handicap any other profession provides, that flaw is an individual problem, not a game balance one.

I respectfully disagree, I do believe the game mechanic of the class limits its usefulness in part of the game, largely WvWvW, which is the part of the game I most enjoy. The fact the Pet is useless in keep work, or zerg work means the class is limited in what I enjoy doing. PvE, the Ranger class is fine. I already stated I’ve never stepped foot in sPvP, not my thing. I do stand by my statement that the learning curve is higher for the Ranger class, only because becoming as effective with my Warrior took much less time to learn (maybe it is because I’m now a Vet with this game?? or it suits my play style better?)

I will say, that in roaming situation, solo or small group, the Ranger Class with the right build can hold its own. And, although I came to melee late in the year I played a ranger, it felt pretty good in a roaming environment. However, again, that isn’t how I like to play this game or what I was led to believe when I made a Ranger.

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

in Ranger

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Ranger just needs some range love, that’s all
While I do well in most of the dungeons, I don’t want to be 1000+ range outside of my party, not really helping via water field to do any decent damage or ging pigeonholded with SB as a power bow <sigh>.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Ranger

Garb Cost.3718

1). While every class is different, you can get away with a single build and play everything fairly well with other classes, where you can’t with a ranger. Casual Player Unfriendly.

2). I love posts that say, " Oh to beat this class you should use this traits, this armor, this weapon, swap this pet out, move here, wait for them to try to do X, then hit Y and WIN!" The Ranger class lacks adaptability. Casual Player Unfriendly.

3). “you can’t treat every class with the same approach” Gee, ok, hang on Cond. Necro while I run to Lion’s Arch to respect, re gear, and retrait, then I will come back and show you something! Casual Player unfriendly.

4). I’ve yet to step foot in an Spvp event… I don’t play this game for that type of play. Could care less how the ranger plays in that environment.

What’s a “whingers” ?

A ‘whinger’ is someone that is always complaining. It’s an English word that doesn’t get used as often as it used to.

1) I mean, sure, that’s true. You can get an OK build on a class and be OK. To be better at one thing than another, you need to make sacrifices. In my opinion, it’s the same with a ranger. Exactly the same. There is no 1 class that has 1 build that lets them do everything to the highest quality. Even stating this is silly because it’s so obvious.

2) I feel you have missed the point I have made. You can’t play a power build and condition build on the same class in the same way. There are intricacies to every build.

3) Granted, I also hate posts that have an answer to dealing with every class. It’s the same outcome as the point I made above. You can spec to deal with one class but will find yourself having issues with other classes. Again, there is no 1 class 1 build ‘I win’ class. Again, it feels silly that some people need this explained to them.

4) Your response has taken my original post way out of context. The point I was making is that our spirits have been buffed and the very tangible evidence of this is what is posted in sPvP forum. I wasn’t saying this is the only place it is effective, I wasn’t saying that you have to do sPvP to benefit.

I feel that your post, while containing some valid points, is very narrow minded and overly defensive. Frankly, I’m not interested in having a discussion that follows this format, I just have no interest in it. If you are going to moan about it and threaten to quit, then do it. Stop arguing about why you are right to quit and get on with your game while everyone plays theirs.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ragnar.1546

Ragnar.1546

I don’t see what the big deal is… It’s a game; I know it’s serious business to others but I’m sure there are better options.

I first started with a Warrior got to 50 and got bored. I then went Ranger, Ele, Engi… Ranger won out. I do enjoy archer classes the most. But after awhilr I got bored of all the shifting that went on with the class. One day ANet will get the Ranger to a better spot, FOR ME. Until then I’m just gonna leave it, the thief was kind of a different archer class… doesn’t seem uber effective but it’s decent.

That’s my opinion; F it… if they are slow changing the class fine I’ll move onto another class. I liked a particular build which isn’t really viable now. The only thing I wish they’d do is let me scrap my Ranger and roll a new character/class with my Rangers level.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I think no one cares about five people giving up on anything in this game. I think that oct 15 will come and go like every other patch has for me without any changes to my enjoyment of nor how I play my main. If they go through the changes to duration stacking on boons and conditions it may change how I play my condition ranger and retaliation guardian, but for my main I’m taking this patch as a buff because they’re increasing stacks of vulnerable on maul and increasing it’s burst damage.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Ranger

NargofWoV.4267

Scrotbag.9715 : “I feel that your post, while containing some valid points, is very narrow minded and overly defensive. Frankly, I’m not interested in having a discussion that follows this format, I just have no interest in it. If you are going to moan about it and threaten to quit, then do it. Stop arguing about why you are right to quit and get on with your game while everyone plays theirs.”

Yet your response to my concerns have been offensive in nature… “I hate posts like this, I don’t like folks who moan”, my post was in response to this attitude. I’ve always viewed this forum and all such forums in the MMO world as a place to give all viewpoints concerning a class particularly when said class is viewed as under performing. If you don’t believe it is, just go to other forums and see how the class is thought of… I’ll give you a hint: easy bags. Obviously, to a large part of the general population this class is a joke in wvwvw (obviously not spvp), and sadly as some have posted here, you can get kicked out of groups for being a lb ranger in certain dungeon groups or completely unwanted by certain guilds (I don’t understand this sentiment but it exists).

You want to hear some moaning? Try this, make the Warrior main weapon breakable for a min on say… a certain type of crit so that the weapon will only do 70% of its normal damage and compound the issue with no real BIG noticeable way to show you its broken except to stare at a small icon on the screen. Boy you will hear some moaning then.

I think when a pet dies, it should IMMEDIATELY appear next to us in ghost form to let us know, not wander back aimlessly across 1200 units of ground.

Anyhow, yea I have grown frustrated with the class and like I said, have moved on. I didn’t want to. Want the class to come back, I put a lot of time and effort into making the Ranger the best it could be, sadly that best, isn’t good enough the way I play.

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

(edited by NargofWoV.4267)

in Ranger

Posted by: Pegaasus.3280

Pegaasus.3280

3) but if you fight against a pro warrior or thief or whatelse..you will die no way.

How many rangers I’ ve met in my long journey in gw2..who felt pro..but when duelling they simply got kitten d..and simply being 2 hits by thieves..and in general simply got smashed by everyones.
I think you are one of these. For me you are a ^^2800 armor ranger^^who is really fresh meat for thieves

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

i more or less only play WvWvW. and yet, i haven’t had trouble with the class for months now. It is indeed a l2p issue.

Yes the pet is somewhat restricted in its effectiveness in zergs, but NOT in keeps. Choosing the right pet is and will forever be, the second most important choice you do after selecting a build.

The right pet can make or break a build. Utilizing a pet’s strengths and weaknesses correctly is paramount. Deciding whether to take a tanky pet, or a burst like pet. To take support powers over offensive powers. Hell, i run zerker with brown bear and krytan drakehound for the CC and condi removal.

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

^^2800 armor ranger^^w

2800 is too much, you want 2750 and not a point more… rest goes into vitality. Learn to build your gear.

in Ranger

Kal Spiro.9745

However, again, that isn’t how I like to play this game or what I was led to believe when I made a Ranger.

Sorry, that just means you’re going about class selection wrong. If you were led to believe something other than what you experienced then obviously the information was faulty. If you played the class the way you want to play in the environment you wanted to play and did not enjoy it, then you’re not playing the right class. It isn’t a problem with the class it is a disconnect between the class and you. You should not be playing a Ranger because the Ranger does not jive with your expectations nor intentions. Don’t try to force a round peg into the triangle slot, it won’t fit. Go find your triangle.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

in Ranger

Posted by: Dhunis.9072

Dhunis.9072

The only thing ranger needs is NORMAL pet AI, not that mess it is now. And all classes are pretty easy to learn if you want to, including ranger. Apparently many people want to be good without trying hard.

Ranked Arenas a.k.a. the New Hotjoin

in Ranger

Serraphin Storm.2369

How many rangers I’ ve met in my long journey in gw2..who felt pro..but when duelling they simply got kitten d..and simply being 2 hits by thieves..and in general simply got smashed by everyones.
I think you are one of these. For me you are a ^^2800 armor ranger^^who is really fresh meat for thieves

A thieves back stab crit is a hell of a thing. Stacking toughness will only slightly help. Weakness is a better option. While he unloads on your and your still stand you have to put him away. A path of scar and a rapid fire just before he goes into stealth He should be down (you can barrage just to make sure). You have one chance this is what I mean about being a ranger is unforgiving. For most encounter we have the tools to over come. If you miss your chance or you set your sequence in motion at the wrong time you pay. If you run a condition build you have other option and you have a lot of toughness but for me getting weakness on your target is more key than if you use power, condition or stack toughness.

everyone should fear becoming mentally clouded and obsessed with one small section of truth.

in Ranger

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

^^2800 armor ranger^^w

2800 is too much, you want 2750 and not a point more… rest goes into vitality. Learn to build your gear.

Why is that?

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

in Ranger

Kal Spiro.9745

The only thing ranger needs is NORMAL pet AI, not that mess it is now. And all classes are pretty easy to learn if you want to, including ranger. Apparently many people want to be good without trying hard.

Actually, the pets already have NORMAL AI. What you want is better AI than what all the other NPCs in the game have.

^^2800 armor ranger^^w

Why is that?

I think he was being facetious.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dhunis.9072

Dhunis.9072

I hardly call normal the fact that i have to wait 5-20 seconds after pressing the skill for wolf’s fear to actually be casted.

Ranked Arenas a.k.a. the New Hotjoin

in Ranger

NargofWoV.4267

However, again, that isn’t how I like to play this game or what I was led to believe when I made a Ranger.

Sorry, that just means you’re going about class selection wrong. If you were led to believe something other than what you experienced then obviously the information was faulty. If you played the class the way you want to play in the environment you wanted to play and did not enjoy it, then you’re not playing the right class. It isn’t a problem with the class it is a disconnect between the class and you. You should not be playing a Ranger because the Ranger does not jive with your expectations nor intentions. Don’t try to force a round peg into the triangle slot, it won’t fit. Go find your triangle.

Yes, but I was forced to find that Triangle, because the class I thought was correct due to the game description was in fact in correct. And Yes, it fits my play style better, I can now play a Long Bow and be effective, sorry, MORE effective than the Ranger class. Sadly the difference is striking. For the life of me I can not figure how OP in comparison the LB is for another class when put up against the Ranger LB.

Why?

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

in Ranger

Kal Spiro.9745

I hardly call normal the fact that i have to wait 5-20 seconds after pressing the skill for wolf’s fear to actually be casted.

That’s not AI, that’s a buggy interface. AI is when your wolf runs up to a target, stops and lets the target move away from it, then attacks and misses. AI is the stuff it does outside of your controlling it. F2 should be interrupting whatever the AI is doing and immediately enacting your attack, like if you were charging up a power or channeling a power then hit another attack before it finished. Instead it seems to be queuing the power in some nonsensical way.

Though I will accept that the AI often conflicts with the interface, but that’s mainly because the interface was tacked on after the fact. Once upon a time we had absolutely no control over our pets at all. Gradually they gave us more control, but they didn’t implement that control is a way that necessarily makes sense. Like when your pet gets hit by an attack and runs after its attacker. You hit F3 to make it stop and return to you, then as soon as it gets back to you it turns right around and attacks again even though it should have lost all agro as a result of F3.

in Ranger

Kal Spiro.9745

Yes, but I was forced to find that Triangle, because the class I thought was correct due to the game description was in fact in correct. And Yes, it fits my play style better, I can now play a Long Bow and be effective, sorry, MORE effective than the Ranger class. Sadly the difference is striking. For the life of me I can not figure how OP in comparison the LB is for another class when put up against the Ranger LB.

Why?

Because they’re entirely different classes with entirely different build designs. Warriors are supposed to be damage beasts. Rangers aren’t designed with that in mind. Personally I did not enjoy longbow on my warrior, but I love it on my Ranger. I’m all about Barrage.

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Yeah, this patch is the last hope ranger will not be sub par to my engi and Mesmer who I’ve played significantly less but perform SIGNIFICANTLY better than my ranger…

And to all you people saying the ranger is complex… No, it’s not, this is one of THE MOST simplified pet professions I’ve ever played (and I’ve played a pet prof in every game I’m able to). Ranger is essentially on par with warrior with the simplicity of play, the only difference is you need to manage your pet and bust your balls (especially in PvE) to get the same (if not worse) results as a warrior purely because our pet isn’t balanced properly in PvE.

And dear god, in PvP it’s a nightmare, good luck getting that F2 off when you need it, sure I can take on some good PvPers and come out ontop but that’s purely because I’ve learned how to play around broken pet mechanics. IE: watch your pet and take advantage of what they’re doing instead of trying to get your pet to take advantage of what you’re going to do.

Ranger needs work, and I’m getting tired of waiting for it, they’re getting one last chance before I jump ship to engi or Mesmer, who surprisingly have much more useful and reactive pets than we do… Imagine that…

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

NargofWoV.4267

Yet, Barrage should be a shoot and forget ability, after all Rangers aren’t tanks, but instead, they give the tank heavy class and damage heavy class the ability to cast its AoE and run away to hide. ? Wha?

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

in Ranger

Rym.1469

Barrage, as I’ve said many times, isn’t a viable skill at the moment. Splitting it up a bit, reducing number or hits to 3 and base cooldown to 7 seconds, with cast time of 1/2 sec cast time, buffing awhile making it a bit better when scaling with power would be such a large step in right direction

in Ranger

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

As we all can see ranger has so many limits compared to other classes..look warriors look necros, look mesmers..look any other class except ranger.
I can count dozens of Rangers I personally Know who simply quitted the game or rerolled another class just becouse ranger is not competitive anymore.
Of course there are still some viable builds like the condition ones..but if you fight against a pro warrior or thief or whatelse..you will die no way.
They nerfed our pets..they nerfed our spirits..They could have simply delete our class
Anyway October15 is really last Train for ranger class.
If Arenanet fails..well count 5 rangers and 5 players less in Gw2
( I have a small guild of rangers )

I completely agree with you.

Your Realistic thread are too Realistic for anyone to not understand.

You speak Truth and it is what as a -Ranger i live by.

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

^^2800 armor ranger^^w

Why is that?

its because thanks to this wonderful thing called math, one can calculate that 2750 armor is equal to 33.33% damage reduction. This means you get the best possible protection given the least amount of armor. That again means you can spend your remaining gear points on something important, like high vitality and healing.
Basically, for the new invincible bunker build, you want a healthy mix of Dire and Shaman gear. to achieve massive condition damage, HP and healing, along with a healthy dose of physical tanking.

You youngsters really need to learn how to play a MMO. Numbers does indeed rule the game, and the most desirable numbers, are not the ones produced by your burst attacks. It is the ones you don’t see.

in Ranger

Kal Spiro.9745

Barrage, as I’ve said many times, isn’t a viable skill at the moment. Splitting it up a bit, reducing number or hits to 3 and base cooldown to 7 seconds, with cast time of 1/2 sec cast time, buffing awhile making it a bit better when scaling with power would be such a large step in right direction

I’d love for cast time to be reduces but I don’t want to see anything else change on it. I don’t know what you’re using it for, but there’s more to the game then whatever that is.

in Ranger

Kal Spiro.9745

^^2800 armor ranger^^w

Why is that?

its because thanks to this wonderful thing called math, one can calculate that 2750 armor is equal to 33.33% damage reduction. This means you get the best possible protection given the least amount of armor. That again means you can spend your remaining gear points on something important, like high vitality and healing.
Basically, for the new invincible bunker build, you want a healthy mix of Dire and Shaman gear. to achieve massive condition damage, HP and healing, along with a healthy dose of physical tanking.

You youngsters really need to learn how to play a MMO. Numbers does indeed rule the game, and the most desirable numbers, are not the ones produced by your burst attacks. It is the ones you don’t see.

Unfortunately when building for power and healing there isn’t anything that supports vitality instead of toughness.

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

you can still go for vitality.

let me see if i can find my trusty old clerics build. You’d be surprised i think.
EDIT:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMAQNBhYDbkoqxuvSxi1Og0eoJm359KMLuHji/FiXs0dSA-j0CB4hCyEEAE1Q0Hw5cRMLaIrlhFRjVNTQWVLpKbYWfFRrWKAzUGB-w

i dont have ascended weapons yet, and only exotic celestial earrings, but the rest of that set, i do have. it can handle 1v2 pretty ok, although, not 2 thieves at once, then again, no class can do that.

(edited by Prysin.8542)

in Ranger

Kal Spiro.9745

you can still go for vitality.

let me see if i can find my trusty old clerics build. You’d be surprised i think.

There is Soldier or Sentinel which drops healing for vitality, but since it’s toughness I’m looking to drop that’s not great. I want huge healing power. Otherwise there is Magi which replaces power and toughness for precision and vitality. This might be worth it, but it seems to me that if I’m not pushing precision hard it’s not worth it to push at all.

EDIT:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMAQNBhYDbkoqxuvSxi1Og0eoJm359KMLuHji/FiXs0dSA-j0CB4hCyEEAE1Q0Hw5cRMLaIrlhFRjVNTQWVLpKbYWfFRrWKAzUGB-w

i dont have ascended weapons yet, and only exotic celestial earrings, but the rest of that set, i do have. it can handle 1v2 pretty ok, although, not 2 thieves at once, then again, no class can do that.

Is that right for the infusions? I was under the impression that because they’re unique you couldn’t have two of the same infusion and same type of jewelry. So if you were sporting cleric ring and celestial ring, then cleric accessory and celestial you could make them both defensive, but for them to be the same one would have to be defensive and the other offensive.

I avoid PvP, so I don’t really concern myself with what I can kill in WvW. What I currently have is:
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fMEQJATRjAVJ2FW+VsWCi1j8EoB1UMp+zKYoXBaNgC-jwCBoNBigAgwAKLqIaslTFRjVNTQWZDTpKpmxQGyCzuEJVEA2YA-e

I also don’t have ascended weapons and I accounted for my disinterest in spending ectos for accessories.

(edited by Kal Spiro.9745)

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

it certainly isnt. i went down that line a long time ago. putting magi into the mix screwd up everything.
Yes sadly you cannot drop the Toughness that easily, however the power builds are mostly centered around countering power builds, thus they need more toughness.

I found that keeping your healing around 800-1000 is a good spot to be. Sure there is a benefit to push it even further, but there really is no need to. That is why i decided to drop healing for even more vitality. This is also why i use some celestial bits. to keep the healing high, but still gain power and vitality along with sustaining high toughness.

in Ranger

Kal Spiro.9745

I’m sure if I want long enough they’ll make a Vitality, Power, Healing Power set.

in Ranger

Serraphin Storm.2369

You can say number are important but rarely are the number crunchers the best. To say having over xxxx in a stat is silly: unless that stat is capped at that number which isn’t the case. While I do favor well rounded builds there is a place for lopsided builds..

Players that find it hard to kill may need more power or condition or a little of both.
Players that find it hard to stay alive may need toughness or vitality or even healing power. They may go another route and go for boon duration (class and build dependent).

With that kind of thinking new builds would never be developed and the meta would stay the same.

in Ranger

Posted by: Joey.3928

Joey.3928

There is no doubt that the ranger is a hard class to play. There are lots of ranger who have a great deal of success with this class and prefer it over any other class.

The difference between the rangers that have the greatest success with this class and the ones who do not is that the one who have the greatest success play the class that is before them. Not the class the hope the ranger to be. They adapt.

To build a good ranger it take more fine tuning. It takes better reaction times. As a ranger you are required to make less mistakes. As a warrior or Guardian you are permitted to eat so of the biggest attacks in the game and just shake it off. Thieves, Ele and Mesmers can disengage from a fight at will and it take very little skill to do so.

Necro and eng just need 10 second and your dead from condtion overload.

As a decent ranger skill level is above the average player. Some rangers can escape at will. The spirited build was nerf because when a ranger is on even ground he kicks kitten . Yes the build was a bit passive but no more than they other classes.

To Play a Ranger you must improve you must adapt you must have a deep desire to over come and never say die.

This isn’t for everyone, but no class is for everyone nor should they be. I play a ranger because its not OP because it’s not easy mode.

Are the issue with the ranger. Yes. I wish my pet scaled with my gear. I wish my pet followed closer to my side. I wish we had more aoe besides axes and traps (barrage does count and piecing isn’t enough (maybe a traited bouncing arrow instead) Pet die but if they die to often then its mostly the rangers fault. Anything that will down a player will kill a pet.

The Ranger core is strong. Rangers learn your strengths over come your weakness then go back build and develop more strengths. To do this you have to over come your fear. I myself am always testing myself. While I like my sword I always have a ranged backup but starting today I will go sword/x and GS. I will develop the skills to effectively run these set in all aspects of the game (exept when I’m farming nothing beats axes). I will run this until I’m satisfied with my performance. Until I’m one of those rangers that almost never die.

The 3 issue I mention are what I feel are the biggest issue outside of them I am happy with the Ranger class. I do not desire a stow option because I know what this class was when I created my ranger.

You get out of this class what you put into it.

I love you. I agree with everything you posted! I am a hardcore ranger and love proving to people that the profession is very strong if you take the time to master it. And I don’t even run a condition BM spec

Estel Wolfheart
Norn Ranger
Hardcorepwnograhpy [HARD] | Isle of Janthir

(edited by Joey.3928)

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

The Ranger core is strong.

this is where you’re wrong. it’s the CORE that’s rotten, with a few useful things on the “outside.” things like OH axe 4, muddy terrain + entangle, HS, wolf fear. a couple of neat things, kind of all over the place. but overall, there is absolutely no foundation to the profession mostly because our mechanic is insufficient and broken overall. on top of that, the ranger has no burst and arguably the worst survivability in WvW.

oct 15 patch might entice me to come back, depending on how good the support revamp will be. i always wanted to play my ranger as support anyway. hoping to see Barrage and Whirling Defense buffs. the leaked changes are excellent, but definitely not sufficient.

ive been away from the game for weeks now. hoping these guys will do something interesting with this mess of a profession.

(edited by mistsim.2748)

in Ranger

Rym.1469

I’d love for cast time to be reduces but I don’t want to see anything else change on it. I don’t know what you’re using it for, but there’s more to the game then whatever that is.

For AoE cripple and AoE damage. In that order. I believe it’s even written in skill descreption

in Ranger

Posted by: deepwinter.9015

deepwinter.9015

I have one of every class at 80 in full exotics and some with full Ascended. Hell, I even remade my Ranger character into a Thief, but I’ve kept both in the hope Ranger will get better someday.

With that said, I’ve positioned myself ready to jump this train and abandon my Ranger forever. This ride sucks. :\

Azhandris – Sylvari Thief
Tarnished Coast

in Ranger

Kal Spiro.9745

I have one of every class at 80 in full exotics and some with full Ascended. Hell, I even remade my Ranger character into a Thief, but I’ve kept both in the hope Ranger will get better someday.

With that said, I’ve positioned myself ready to jump this train and abandon my Ranger forever. This ride sucks. :\

This is as relevant as if I said I have one of every character but Mesmer is just crap and I am ready to drop it. The truth is, I don’t have a Mesmer because I can’t stand the class. I’ve gotten behind all the other classes and have a good time. I don’t play a Mesmer, though, cause I don’t like it. If you don’t like the class don’t play the class, that doesn’t make the class bad though. It just makes it bad for you.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fred Poon.4971

Fred Poon.4971

^^2800 armor ranger^^w

Why is that?

The truth is def(toughness) never works like -xxx% dmg in GW2…learn to use the REAL formula.

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

^^2800 armor ranger^^w

Why is that?

The truth is def(toughness) never works like -xxx% dmg in GW2…learn to use the REAL formula.

…..What?

@Prysin;

I though 2750 armor rating was a 33.24% damage reduction haha.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat