"Leaked" patch notes for us rangers.

in Ranger

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Ranger:

Nature’s Voice: This trait no longer carries the effects of Evasive Purity as well as the on-shout swiftness and regeneration.

Soften the Fall: Maximum targets increased from 3 to 5.

Companion’s Defense: Protection now occurs at the end of the ranger’s dodge-roll, instead of the beginning.

Spike Trap: This skill’s tooltip now appropriately displays when Trapper’s Expertise is equipped. Updated the skill tooltips to include the immobilize condition that occurs.

Rending Pounce (Jaguar): This skills tooltip now displays the correct amount of bleeding applied.

Healing Spring: Reduces the field duration to 10 seconds. It now pulses every 2 seconds instead of 3 so it will still provide the same amount of regeneration and condition removal, just in a more condense time frame.

Vigorous Renewal: This trait now grants vigor to the ranger and nearby allies when the healing spring skill is cast and not every pulse.

Maul: Damage for this skill has been increased by 15%. Vulnerability has been increased from 3 to 5 stacks and the duration increased from 6 to 8 seconds.

http://pastebin.com/sXHq6fZt

in Ranger

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

What are the chances of this actually being accurate? Is it from a somewhat reliable source or some random mook who has a secret “source” in their mothers’ friends’ dog?

If it is accurate… yay Maul buffs.

BOOO Healing Spring changes.

And a huge, massive, MASSIVE BOOOOO to Companion’s Defense. The best part of Companion’s Defense is that you can dodge an attack and at the same time your pet (who obviously isn’t going to dodge it) will get Protection to at least soften the blow. Now, the attack will most likely hit your pet long before your own dodge roll ends and Protection gets applied, so your pet will be taking full damage. It completely negates the pseudo-dodge benefit for pets.

(edited by Electro.4173)

in Ranger

Posted by: AydenStar.4216

AydenStar.4216

Is this for the Sept. 17 patch or Oct. 1?

in Ranger

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

I’m not impressed, not by a long shot.

Where’s our pet, spirits improvements?

Where’s our damage mprovements?

-Another Dissapointment from Arena.net-.

All Garbage improvements, well except for Healing Spring at the least.

To Arena.net, keep us dead where we are, since you Intentionally like us this way.

Ranger class= Total Failure; Wasted and Worthless Design.

Ranger pet mechanics= Garbage mechanics.

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

in Ranger

Posted by: Heiltdo.2891

Heiltdo.2891

I’m noit impressed, not by a long shot.

To Arena.net, keep us dead where we are, since you Intentionally like us this way.

Leaked, not official pathnotes, chill mate….

And if the class is so bad, why are you still posting here?

in Ranger

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

Leaked, not official pathnotes, chill mate….

And if the class is so bad, why are you still posting here?

Are you new? I hope not

So in other word, Ranger class is ‘fine and dandy’

There is ‘no chill’, ranger class have over due bugs since game realease till this day, and u know what, they are intentionally continuouslly being ignored.

Keep this up and our class will stay akittens pitiful stage that it is.

That’s all it takes for Arena.net to continue in justifying our class being balanced and perfect where it is.

Where you here when the ranger community had a ‘face-off’ with a recent dev; Robert H., who stated that Ranger class was fine where it is?

Oh, you missed it than

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

in Ranger

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

they are probably official..we had this talk before and proved that they were official…Its just a nerf to Rangers,Maul wont help Power Builds and more active play,the nerf to conditions is affecting Rangers totally,we have no way in making power dmg,eles and mesmers will dominate again..Necros will stay strong and Warriors maybe they are gonna take their place as king of everything..

in Ranger

Taku.6352

Last time patch notes leaked they turned out to be spot on.

And as for the maul buff. It makes me a very happy power ranger.

in Ranger

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

Pet improvement is in the base health increase they will receive. Spirits will receive the same. That portion was listed in the general section as it affects more than just rangers.

All player controlled minions. excluding Mesmer phantasm and clones because they were already increased in a previous patch, now have 71.43% more hit points in a PvE map.

Based on my conversation with Sharp at PAX, I’m pretty sure that this is most likely official.

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

in Ranger

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

Yes this totally this.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

in Ranger

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

All duration stacking boons(Aegis, Fury, protection, Regeneration, Retaliation, Swiftness, and Vigor) and conditions(Blind, Burning, Chilled, Cripple, immobilze(now stacks duration), and Poison) now stack to a maximum of 5 times.

5 Stacks of Poison/Blind.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Ranger

Taku.6352

All duration stacking boons(Aegis, Fury, protection, Regeneration, Retaliation, Swiftness, and Vigor) and conditions(Blind, Burning, Chilled, Cripple, immobilze(now stacks duration), and Poison) now stack to a maximum of 5 times.

You didn’t quite get what that means.

It means that their duration stacks maximum of 5 times not intensity.

in Ranger

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

I’m personally wondering what that means. Maximum of 5 seconds? 5 increases? Is there now enforced downtime between applications? Is perma-uptime no longer possible?

So many questions on that particular line…

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

in Ranger

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

No, that is (in bubbles.) not part of the sentence.

All duration stacking boons (Aegis, Fury, protection, Regeneration, Retaliation, Swiftness, and Vigor) and conditions(Blind, Burning, Chilled, Cripple, immobilze, and Poison) now stack to a maximum of 5 times.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Ranger

Posted by: Boomslang.4352

Boomslang.4352

Maul damage increase… yum yum.

Black Gate Altaholic.
level 80 × 8 = 0 gold

in Ranger

Posted by: Joey.3928

Joey.3928

I’m not impressed, not by a long shot.

While the ranger still has its bugs, you can still be useful. Especially in WvW where I spend most of my time. We can dish out a lot of damage and still stay alive depending on your weapons.

The one thing that annoys me most is, at least with canines, how easy their F2 skill can be interrupted. Just this morning I was trying to use my wolf’s fear while reviving a downed ally and the wolf kept walking forward and cancelling its howl. My ally died as a result. Fix that and the pathing and pets will be dandy imo.

Also, they need to release improvements slowly. Game development takes a lot of time and resources from so many departments and people. Stuff takes time.

Estel Wolfheart
Norn Ranger
Hardcorepwnograhpy [HARD] | Isle of Janthir

in Ranger

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

Here’s a few that OP forgot to post

• All player controlled minions. excluding Mesmer phantasm and clones because they were already increased in a previous patch, now have 71.43% more hit points in a PvE map.
  • Aoe spells with that have a maximum number of targets will now count combatants that block or evade the attack towards that maximum
  • Made it a bit easier to retarget channeled skills (now if you try to recast them on a separate target, it will cancel your current instance of the skill and start casting it again on the other target)

in Ranger

Posted by: AydenStar.4216

AydenStar.4216

If these are the only changes for the Oct. 1 patch, this is like putting a band-aid on a broken leg. I really think Anet has a major problem/issue attempting to fix our core profession mechanics.

in Ranger

Posted by: thrice.9184

thrice.9184

LOL If this is legit all the more reason to re-roll or focus on other things.

Ranger put into Retirement due to Anet Abuse.
9/3/13 rip

in Ranger

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Hello all,

As a reminder, we remove threads which are speculation and not accurate. When you come across things like this, you have to remember that nothing is set in stone until we release it to the public.