Least played race for ranger?

in Ranger

Posted by: solrik.6028

solrik.6028

Which race is the least played when it comes to being a Ranger?

To me it seems like Asura & Charr has very few rangers, but I can’t conclude which one is least used

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I would guess charr for all professions due to all the horrible clipping problems. Also some GW1 players still hold a grudge against them.

in Ranger

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Charr, sadly. Armor designers seem like they have no idea how to make armor for us, apart from some widely used Heavy armors (that’s why so many Charrs are Warriors and Guardians). To be honest, armor for Charr needs to be treated like separated project, because nobody wants to buy gemstore armor modeled for human model.

Apart from that, Charrs have most visible animations across the game, together with Norn.

And people like human females with anime names, probably the sole reason why they’re 50% of population.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Ranger

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

I would have to agree with the Charr…I don’t see too many of them as rangers. It struck me as funny when I saw one running around with a cat pet following it and there was a tiny mini following them.

I think you mostly see humans wandering around (as with most professions and not just rangers) because there are far less clipping issues to deal with.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sevans.4619

Sevans.4619

Charr, without a doubt.

Saethe — Favorable Winds [Wind] — Maguuma

in Ranger

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

Lorewise Charr do use devourer pets and such, but I haven’t heard of Asura having any followers other than golems, ever. Asura would be the most out of place.

That said between charr rangers and asura rangers, I’ve seen 1-0. At numbers that small, it’s hard to really have any meaningful feedback.

Most rangers I see tend to be human. No prizes for guessing why. Also no prizes for guessing the armor they use. As a hint, ‘underboob’.

in Ranger

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

Charr, but Asura is close so it could be either really. As for Asura pets I think they would be a little more pragmatic about selecting their test su… pets.

in Ranger

Posted by: shinreigari.7318

shinreigari.7318

I think i’ve seen more charr rangers than asura tbh. Which is still not that many… i myself have a human ranger and i’ve recently made a charr ranger, too. I don’t know why, but to me every class feels a bit different when the character’s a charr I love them – i always must have at least 2 charr characters in my slots.

Oh and yeah – using a feline as a charr, especially when it has a similar fur color or pattern can be funny. I use jungle stalker and its fur looks a lot like my charr’s, i even considered naming it MiniMe :P

in Ranger

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

I would guess charr for all professions due to all the horrible clipping problems. Also some GW1 players still hold a grudge against them.

Sometimes the clipping can cause interesting effects

Attachments:

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Ranger

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

Other times your forehead is sticking out of your hat.

Attachments:

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Or this classic image: http://i.imgur.com/EchgKFS.jpg

in Ranger

Posted by: dkspins.4670

dkspins.4670

I’d guess Charr is least played, but I don’t know – I have a ranger for each race LOL
am a sucker for punishment. haha

7k hr, 13k AP, 16 char, all classes 80 Sadly, 3.5k hr. Ranger

in Ranger

rabidsmiles.5926

I will admit though, Charr are adorable in those feathered hats. But I can’t stand the voice acting and if I have to listen to my character fight and talk all the time, I prefer to enjoy it.

in Ranger

Posted by: scirocco.9805

scirocco.9805

I have seen more charr rangers then I have seen norn rangers tho, I actually havent seen even one other norn ranger. Well might be since we are always target nr1 since we are so big tho so I always have to spec bunker.

Waiting for the linux port, wine makes my computer burn..

in Ranger

Posted by: Sorean.5379

Sorean.5379

I’ve seen Asura Ranger like 10~ times,they are the most out of place.
But they look good with a pet,because usually the pet (Drake,etc..) are bigger than them and I think it looks cool

Charr was my second favorite race for a Ranger,because as someone else said,they use devourers already,also I like their Cultural Medium armor

in Ranger

Posted by: Malganis.7468

Malganis.7468

I would have to agree with the Charr…I don’t see too many of them as rangers. It struck me as funny when I saw one running around with a cat pet following it and there was a tiny mini following them.

Are you on Tarnished Coast? That might have been me. I have a cat pet and the mini orange tabby mini always following my Charr Ranger.

I also have a Sylvari Ranger. My wife went for the human.

Legion of Honour [XIII]: http://operationunion.enjin.com/home
Tarnished Coast

in Ranger

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

I will admit though, Charr are adorable in those feathered hats. But I can’t stand the voice acting and if I have to listen to my character fight and talk all the time, I prefer to enjoy it.

What?! I would say sylvari and human are worse when it comes to combat sounds. Falling charr male sound is the best! XD If you want to listen to “Eat my dust”, its your choice of course.

Attachments:

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF

in Ranger

Posted by: Domino.1359

Domino.1359

I think i’m sold on another Ranger: Charr!
I’ve literally seen 2 past few months, both were in the same pvp match. I would think Charr is least ranked in my opinion too.

in Ranger

rabidsmiles.5926

What?! I would say sylvari and human are worse when it comes to combat sounds. Falling charr male sound is the best! XD If you want to listen to “Eat my dust”, its your choice of course.

I will agree about the Sylvari (if I have to hear ‘This Rose has thorns and here they are!’ one more time, I am going to start pulling leaves!) and some of the female human ones are annoying but the female Charr I just can’t get into. All that weird grunting and random deep voice yelling, just can’t stand it. I am a girl gamer so my characters tend to run being girls. If it weren’t for the female voice actor I would totally make a female Charr, their fluffy tails are so adorable and have you seen one in the Winter outfit? Charr in a dress, my Dog that’s cute.

in Ranger

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I don’t think Charr fill in the descreption of “cute” really Besides, I like female Charr voice acting.

As for Charr voice acting – imho, the best in game. I simply don’t get bored of it.

Instead of “oh, shiny” – “Pillage!”. That’s the reckless spirit I adore.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144