Legendary Ranger main

Legendary Ranger main

in Ranger

Posted by: Norrath.5910

Norrath.5910

Not bragging since the system is so easily exploited (I did it legit as solo/duo though), but figured I would share. I have premade at times but I think I ended up losing pips from it.

Attachments:

Ranger/Warrior/Rev Main
Valor Guard [VGU]
Ehmry Bay

Legendary Ranger main

in Ranger

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

nice! I’m pretty close myself but i’ve had to take a week-long break for multiple reasons and probably won’t be able to play until a while after christmas hoping to get the few pips i have left when the holidays are almost over! hopefully the queue times aren’t too bad ;P

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

Legendary Ranger main

in Ranger

Posted by: Fantasmo.9514

Fantasmo.9514

Awesome !
What build did u play?

Legendary Ranger main

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Nice to see! +1

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Legendary Ranger main

in Ranger

Norrath.5910

Awesome !
What build did u play?

I messed around with a few, but the one I liked most was crusader staff gs

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJAWRnUqAFsiVsCmsCctgl/AD+s+WvrLvuMQA4JN8DOal8s0A-TpBFABN8AAI4QAw++DhXGYhLAAAHBAA

Staff sword/torch with nature instead of marks is nice too.

Also tried ROM’s soldier setup but didn’t like it as much. It was nice not dying in teamfights but in SoloQ I think just playing tempest is better if you want to be a teamfighter.

But hitting those 6k mauls while having almost 3.3k armor and same healing as a cele build is REALLY nice with crusader. You just have to watch getting focused. But proper dodges should make it ok.

Ranger/Warrior/Rev Main
Valor Guard [VGU]
Ehmry Bay

(edited by Norrath.5910)

Legendary Ranger main

in Ranger

Posted by: AlbertoUlkesh.4517

AlbertoUlkesh.4517

Gratz.

How is your build different from ROM’s besides the soldier?

Legendary Ranger main

in Ranger

Posted by: Mcrocha.3891

Mcrocha.3891

No offense man, but nobody cares. Unless you’re trying to come here and give tips to people, your post just looks like bragging.

Local Charr Ruins Everything

Legendary Ranger main

in Ranger

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

No offense man, but nobody cares. Unless you’re trying to come here and give tips to people, your post just looks like bragging.

You may just ask instead of be a kitten.
The other guy asked for the build and OP posted, try to ask how is the gameplay and he may answer.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Legendary Ranger main

in Ranger

Posted by: Mcrocha.3891

Mcrocha.3891

The other guy asked for the build and OP posted, try to ask how is the gameplay and he may answer.

I don’t need tips and don’t want to use his build. I’m just saying that if he wanted to help people instead of bragging he could have posted his build and stuff “he has learned” from his journey through leagues in his original post. Fairly certain this person has also made other threads about making it to ruby and then diamond as well.

Edit: the other threads were made by others.

Local Charr Ruins Everything

Legendary Ranger main

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Not bragging since the system is so easily exploited (I did it legit as solo/duo though), but figured I would share. I have premade at times but I think I ended up losing pips from it.

Good work Norrath. Then again, I wouldn’t expect anything less. You are a excellent player having run around a few times with you on Ebay

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

Legendary Ranger main

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

I don’t need tips and don’t want to use his build. I’m just saying that if he wanted to help people instead of bragging he could have posted his build and stuff “he has learned” from his journey through leagues in his original post. Fairly certain this person has also made other threads about making it to ruby and then diamond as well.

Edit: the other threads were made by others.

Well, nice you at least made the edits for correction I think in one replay the OP gave a bit of advise. Also does it matter if they bragged a bit? It isn’t exactly a walk in the park getting there and it is nice to see it can be done – we both know the forums can be toxic…

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

Legendary Ranger main

in Ranger

Posted by: AlbertoUlkesh.4517

AlbertoUlkesh.4517

Oh, come on, be nice to the guy… I for one am glad to see a happy post these days. He deserves to be proud if he did it without exploiting the system. And it is always good to see, you can get this far on the much-nerfed Ranger.

Legendary Ranger main

in Ranger

Norrath.5910

Gratz.

How is your build different from ROM’s besides the soldier?

If you mean the sword torch build, not very. There are not a lot of viable changes you can make besides maybe geomancy sigils over leeching.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAW8fnUqAFsiVsCmsCctglZBD+feQfoOVt5UW7JAUn+Wl8s0A-TJxHABC8EACf/BAuIAFVGAA

Compared to the build he used in esl, only main difference is I prefer ancient seeds, the low cool down lets you force a condi cleanse from someone every time it lands, and when they run out of clears you just drop a bonfire on them and sword auto and watch them melt. And with cele ammys condi damage it actually hits quite hard as well.

Ranger/Warrior/Rev Main
Valor Guard [VGU]
Ehmry Bay

Legendary Ranger main

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

ROM didn’t play soldiers in the ESL as an fyi for everyone. He swapped to celestial and the casters never caught it, because the casters still don’t know how to catch stuff like that. His 22.7k healthpool is pretty telling though, and combined with sword/torch we can assume that he isn’t running Marauder either. Durability runes of course.

Personally, I’d run Geomancy/Doom over Energy/Leeching on the sword/torch set, but that’s preference for bigger condi spikes since I don’t feel as though the loss of the other sigils has hurt my survival at all.

Besides that, the OPs builds are solid, though I skimmed over them because I didn’t expect to see anything crazy different from what anybody else that’s doing well is running.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

Legendary Ranger main

in Ranger

Norrath.5910

ROM didn’t play soldiers in the ESL as an fyi for everyone. He swapped to celestial and the casters never caught it, because the casters still don’t know how to catch stuff like that. His 22.7k healthpool is pretty telling though, and combined with sword/torch we can assume that he isn’t running Marauder either. Durability runes of course.

Personally, I’d run Geomancy/Doom over Energy/Leeching on the sword/torch set, but that’s preference for bigger condi spikes since I don’t feel as though the loss of the other sigils has hurt my survival at all.

Besides that, the OPs builds are solid, though I skimmed over them because I didn’t expect to see anything crazy different from what anybody else that’s doing well is running.

Wow good catch, I looked back and you are 100% right. I cant believe I missed that. I do think soldiers is decent though, with maybe dagger offhand instead of torch for teamfighting. The torch did feel kind of weird with soldiers, now I know why.

Ranger/Warrior/Rev Main
Valor Guard [VGU]
Ehmry Bay

Legendary Ranger main

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

Wow good catch, I looked back and you are 100% right. I cant believe I missed that. I do think soldiers is decent though, with maybe dagger offhand instead of torch for teamfighting. The torch did feel kind of weird with soldiers, now I know why.

Yeah, it isn’t anybodies fault but the casters really lol. They don’t multiclass enough to see his build setup and immediately say something about the lack of synergy, and apparently they don’t watch ROM stream at all either. It was one of those things that bothered me because I saw instantly that either he was running a really strange build or he wasn’t setup in his full build, but the casters went over it, did some fanboying, and then barely ever went back to his PoV.

But yeah, congrats on Legendary! I stopped queuing when I hit Ruby because of the hours I queue, I ended up against Final Form and PZ every game, and even though we were getting pips, it’s a beyond broken queuing system (for instance, shouldn’t I be with other solo players, and the 2 high MMR full premades be against each other, instead of pinballing matches between the 2 teams during the same hours) that I’m hoping is offset by an influx of holiday players and more people getting to higher divisions/MMR to boost up the population of people I queue against.

I run pretty much the same exact builds you do, though I guess I’m the black sheep because I’ve started swapping to Soldier runes for condi heavy teams, and Durability for typical teams.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

Legendary Ranger main

in Ranger

Posted by: Aylpse.6280

Aylpse.6280

How do you deal with Revs?

Condi rev has unavoidable condis and my only hope is that they are stupid and pop mally while I am in CAF.

Power Rev’s staff skill keeps getting me because even if I stunbreak it just CCs you again, and I will admit I am struggling to dodge it with the unteenmillion other skills they have that you need to dodge to avoid a 100-0 or CC.

Any advice would help.

Taking the higher moral ground since 1993.

Legendary Ranger main

in Ranger

Norrath.5910

Good work Norrath. Then again, I wouldn’t expect anything less. You are a excellent player having run around a few times with you on Ebay

Oh missed this. Thanks man, means a lot! Reminds me of better times when I wasn’t an sPvP drone and enjoyed the game more :<

Ranger/Warrior/Rev Main
Valor Guard [VGU]
Ehmry Bay

Legendary Ranger main

in Ranger

Norrath.5910

How do you deal with Revs?

Condi rev has unavoidable condis and my only hope is that they are stupid and pop mally while I am in CAF.

Power Rev’s staff skill keeps getting me because even if I stunbreak it just CCs you again, and I will admit I am struggling to dodge it with the unteenmillion other skills they have that you need to dodge to avoid a 100-0 or CC.

Any advice would help.

I am assuming you mean with the staff greatsword build, I cant help you as much with sword torch since I don’t know the matchups, but try and get them to stand in torch 5 I guess

If they are good it will be hard, but it is winnable. 2 of the hardest matchups and the 2 most common 1v1s you will be facing.

Vs condi rev make sure you dodge the rift on offhand axe, the number 3 on mace, and the leap on demon. Also dont stop moving so you don’t stand in mace 2. If they dont hit those they can have a hard time doing any damage at all, and you can just slowly cleanse the random condis on you with glyphs, and as an oh kitten button you should have full avatar by then. Just number 3 avatar, then 4, then spam 2 and 1 if they reapply condis. If they are low on energy you can a lot of times burst them with 5 but you have to stand still so mace 2 may wreck you. The one thing most revs do poorly is manage their energy, you can bait them into a full burst and just cleanse everything with avatar then daze and number 5 with maybe a pet burst and they will drop. It is a matchup you want to play safe and look for openings for your pet burst, or to set up your pet’s burst. It is also good to swap weapons off cooldown to maximize healing. Staff 5 into 3 and then a 2 will charge avatar super fast if you hit your pet as well, and will sustain you.

Vs power rev there isn’t much to dodge, even if they just sword auto you with quickness your health will drop, let alone all their other garbage. You need to play super aggressive and make them burn energy on shiro stunbreaks and focus on defense. Trade your hp for theirs. You have a lot of evades on GS so you can play offense and defense at the same time. The only things I really dodge are sword 3, glint ult and staff 5 if I can predict it. Even use your heal offensively by using pet swap into heal as one off cd (they both have 16 second cd) to help stack quickness. If they force me into avatar a lot of times I already lost because I messed up, other times I am winning with full hp and am just using avatar for the daze and/or number 5. But again most revs are bad at managing energy, and if you can get them to spam shiro stunbreak you will win. I don’t swap as much in this matchup since you do lose offence on staff, but you can do the healing combo if they go into the shield or passive block to counter their sustain.

Both matchups are easily won if you land 1 good pet burst though, so that should be your main goal in every fight.

Ranger/Warrior/Rev Main
Valor Guard [VGU]
Ehmry Bay

(edited by Norrath.5910)

Legendary Ranger main

in Ranger

Posted by: Aylpse.6280

Aylpse.6280

Thank you! Going to try my best to apply this, might take awhile.

Taking the higher moral ground since 1993.

Legendary Ranger main

in Ranger

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Congratulations and Merry Christmas!

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons