Legendary Support Bunker Build (PvP)

in Ranger

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

Hello fellow rangers!

I’ve played ranger almost exclusively through every division. Upon hitting diamond a week into the season, I began testing out several different variations and playstyles. With the 10-20 minute ques, I took about a week and a half off to wait for more players to catch up to diamond, then I got back to the grind.

This is the build I played for the majority of diamond (and the first half tier 1 legendary), hopefully it’ll do you guys some good.

1. It’s a great team fighter and point bunker
2. SnR is not needed if you use Celestial Avatar correctly (team shouldn’t die)
3. Damage comes from your pet
4. Make sure you maximize your damage buffers
5. Decapping is easy with the Glyph of Tides

As a side note, I’ve won nearly every team fight I was a part of due to the healing, condition cleansing, and damage boosts I was able to provide.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAW8YnUqA1silsC+CCctglOB7pFEqOcwr0Z6N1JwFAKclI9zA-TZxHAB1+EAA4gAgUZAwvAAXs/AA

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

in Ranger

Posted by: Allison The Strange.4519

Allison The Strange.4519

I’m just going by wiki b/c I don’t log into the game anymore…

Superior Sigil of Renewal Healing = 345 + (healing power x 0.4)…
With clerics 1,200 HP so 825 healing on swap…

Superior Sigil of Leeching
Heals for 975
Deals 974 damage & ignores armor

Leeching is the obvious winner as you have plenty of AoE healing, adding to your teams burst is a better option

Superior Rune of the Dolyak
Healing per second = 43 + (0.023 x Healing Power)
With clerics 1,200 HP so 70.6 (not sure if it gets rounded up or down)

Over the course of 30s Dolyak will heal for 2,118 (if never poisoned)
Heals for 1779 HP with 50% poison uptime

Superior Rune of Melandru
-25% to both condition and stun durations
less vitality than Dolyak rune

Superior Rune of the Earth
+30% to protection duration
When struck below 20% health you gain a magnetic aura for 5 seconds (90s CD)
25% chance when struck to gain protection for 4 seconds (30s CD)

Superior Rune of the Water
+20% boon durtaion
1,377.5 AoE healing when using heal skill (factored in healing power) with 600 radius (16s CD)
2755 healing over a 32 second period (to compare to dolyak)

Earth, Melandru, and Water have less vitality than Dolyak rune nor do they heal over time. On the other hand they bring bigger and better things to the table.

Other than that I guess thanks for copy/pasting the paladin greatsword build from metabattle with an amulet, rune, a weapon set, and sigil changes… Even though both the sigil and rune choices are mediocre.

in Ranger

shadowpass.4236

I chose Renewal over leeching because its fairly difficult to go down on a clerics evade ranger. The added aoe healing helps the group stay alive, and that’s way more helpful than an extra autoattack’s worth of damage every 9 seconds.

This build’s main damage buffer and utility comes from Celestial Avatar, so with Dolyak Runes + Natural Healing + Regeneration… Celestial Avatar is up every 10 seconds for you to heal and support your team with.

The main playstyle and purpose of the build is to stay alive on point. If you have to leave the point because you’re taking too much damage, then go into CA and heal your team on the point while you take time to heal up.

in Ranger

Posted by: Allison The Strange.4519

Allison The Strange.4519

With regeneration alone with 1~2 allies you’ll have all the astral force you’ll ever need. You’ve went a bit overkill and sacrificed a lot of utility taking that rune. Renewal > leeching is okay, it all comes down to personal preference but the rune choice is never taken for any build or for any reason. The heal is subpar and the fact that with BOTH staff and regeneration your AF generation is through the roof and honestly quite overkill.

The only possible reason I could see you need that extra bit of AF generation is if you sitting in CA till its at 0% which is wrong. You need to follow a rotation of skill usage to get the most out of it in the least amount of time so you quickly hop in/out to make the most use of druidic clarity.

(edited by Allison The Strange.4519)

in Ranger

shadowpass.4236

I try to stay in CA as much as possible to keep Grace of the Land up on my team. Usually it does run down to 0 and its why I picked up Dolyak Runes. Also, because I’m in CA so much, conditions aren’t really a problem due to Seed of Life, so while Druidic Clarity is strong, I shouldn’t “maximize” my use of the trait at the cost of a higher uptime of 10% increased damage for my team.

Basically, between the glyph and CA, my team has 20% increased damage in team fights, with a lot of condition clear, aoe blinds, 50% damage reduction, and healing. Not to mention, I can still pump out high dps because of my pet. Basically, any time I’m in a team fight, my team has an immense amount of support.

(edited by shadowpass.4236)

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Looking at the build i Agree you could go without Dolyak runes and do just fine.

try leadership runes 2 condis converted to boons every 48seconds with your increased boon duration , it’ll help even more with survival + longer regen durations when i ran this rune it gave enough regen duration with the 3 shouts to keep it up 100% of the time even if a team mate has to break location to return to far , it lasts a good 35-40seconds after a few rounds of shouts.

7.5second might on sword AA+guard and 15seconds might , regen , swiftness for every shout.

though i’d change guard for protect me for the AoE stun break to counter fear/taunts then use stenght of the pack to clean up 2x condis works wonders vs reapers and shatter mesmers, using that just means each person in the team can gain upto 4 boons.
regen/swiftness + the converted ones.

you could even then change allies aid to bountiful hunter as strenght of the pack gives you 6 boons if you do 4+2 converted then protection on top is a 7% boost then heal as one or gain retaliation from a lightfield for 8% damage , that combined with Zyphers speed instead of taunt you can pump out a lot of damage while still buffing supporting.

though it does become highly prone to corruptions.

(edited by Zenos Osgorma.2936)

in Ranger

shadowpass.4236

I agree with some of your points Zenos. However, I can play around with most builds and do well though. This is what I used to blow through diamond and legendary pretty fast, though it may just be attributed to personal skill rather than the build, I felt that this was a solid alternative to the menders/paladin druid builds most people use.

in Ranger

Posted by: GussJr.1643

GussJr.1643

Interesting build OP…mine is slightly different but has gotten me through Saphire so far…solo queue

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNBmOD7keVomVskVwgVgoVsgJYw30e6QtZZNACAOJuGXNrCPvB-TZRDwAOuIAAeAAaLDg5IAoa/BA

Have no problems holding points, decaping, keeping the team alive, and generally being a thorn in the other teams side…the only few fights I’ve had the last few days that have given me any trouble is when the MM puts us up against a team that has more than 2 DH’s and I get caught off guard with a cooldown.

I guess one thing to note is that I’m constantly having to move around on point and don’t waste time going into CA at all…for the most part camping axe/wh…but it has worked well for me so far.

~COLLAMETTA~DELVANAI~

(edited by GussJr.1643)

in Ranger

Posted by: ShadowHunter.5173

ShadowHunter.5173

I suppose there are better sigils you could pick up instead of the energy sigil with the amount of evades you have already from your weapon choices, but other than that seems like a great survival build.

in Ranger

Posted by: Skullface.7293

Skullface.7293

I am currently playing something similar to you on Legend division, but I just find S/D Staff to be so boring to play personally even tho I know it probably is the best weaponsets based on the current meta.

Honestly pretty much any build can work until a certain point. I played old school power ranger only on an alt account and I’m currently on ruby.

Here is the build for those who still enjoy playing LB/GS Ranger for fun! : http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATRjUqQDL2zC+rAXLG+DqtIygA4TjfY47+tGmhCeUB-TpBEwAAOEAIeAAM3fIbZACXAAIHBAA

Of course it’s not as good when you get to legend division

Hiro || Talgo
Main: Ranger
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/hirothebeast

(edited by Skullface.7293)

in Ranger

shadowpass.4236

That build has Wilderness Knowledge but no survival utilities bro

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

The only possible reason I could see you need that extra bit of AF generation is if you sitting in CA till its at 0% which is wrong.

It’s not “wrong”.

I hear this quite a lot, some guys around here seems to know it all. There’s no right or wrong when it comes to this, you adapt to the situation and use your skills accordingly. I know there are a whole bunch of self-proclaimed experts posting all over these forums.

I’d say take advice, but make up your own gameplan and style – if it seems to work for you (and your team in this case), go with it.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Posted by: Skullface.7293

Skullface.7293

That build has Wilderness Knowledge but no survival utilities bro

The shame. I use Empathic Bond, don’t know why I forgot to put it lmao.

Hiro || Talgo
Main: Ranger
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/hirothebeast