Let Pet Gain Stats from our Armor

in Ranger

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

I think that will solve many problems of our pet being too squishy or not doing enough damage… now this will also solve the problems of our weapons since this can make our pet a lot better in fights, supplementing what we’re missing

with it, we can have access to tanky pets, group support pets, burst pets

like how in gw1 we could have like hearty (tankier) or dire (damaging) pets after spending a while training with them

again, getting the gear takes a bit of effort usually and this could count as the “training” part of it

regen ranger builds won’t be OP from this because their gear is condi oriented so their birds or dogs won’t all of a sudden be doing “huge” hits

zerker builds will benefit cuz now we would have a “burst” option without having to make any changes to our weapon skills like maul

defensive builds would benefit cuz now they can actually use “Protect Me” without having to worry too much about their pet dying

group support (healing oriented builds) will benefit because with full healing power, we can achieve 6k burst heals in a small aoe every 20 seconds with fern hound, though still not becoming OP since the pet will still pretty much do the same damage…

etc. etc.

What do u guys think? Any good?

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

(edited by shadowpass.4236)

in Ranger

Posted by: TJV.6239

TJV.6239

Do you ever use Beastmastery? Perhaps giving them a percentage of our stats might be helpful. Otherwise, no. Beastmastery should be enough.

Shalom
Tyler Joe

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Well, the whole point of them not getting our stats is to compliment us. I use a condi bunker in PvP and use a cat to give me some power “burst”.

In PvP, it doesn’t matter that they don’t because everyone has the same level of stats. In PvE, I guess you could give pets a generic stat boost based on the level of your equipment. For example, if you’re in ascended equipment, you could give +75 to all pet stats over someone wearing exotic (or whatever the number needs to be.)

in Ranger

Posted by: Kolisch.4691

Kolisch.4691

This may be a legitimate suggestion as since they’ve introduced the Ascended tier, everybody else who’ve worked for that gear has gained abit from it… while part of the Ranger (not necessarily just the damage aspect), which is the pet, remains the same.

I still wish for Pet to be reworked. Imagine if Warriors or Eles lose a percentage of their damage for a certain time, and also their F1 skills and attunements, because someone can “kill it”. I can imagine the reaction. Rangers have long accepted this ridiculously unfair treatment to their class, just an acknowledgement that they’re doing something to correct this would be great at this point.

HoT = Grind Wars 2
HoT = WvW players forced to PVE