Let's Fix Ancient Seed Bugs

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

AS is bugged with a whole bunch of things, and does not proc. this is really making trap druids weaker than they should be.

please add to my list:

- wyvern knockdown
- spike trap knockdown

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

You mean launches? As far as I’m concerned it should stay this way (despite the new tool tip saying otherwise). The reason being, I don’t think someone walking into something they can’t see (spike trap) only to get hit with not only 6 stacks of bleeds but also an entangling root is healthy for this game. Not to mention the possible consequences of immobilizing a launched player who may or may not be considered in the air (air immob).

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

spike trap is a kd, wyvern charge is a kd. AS is supposed to proc on kd’s targets…says so in AS description. at the very least, AS must interact with spike trap, because, I guess, it’s not clear what exactly wyvern’s charge IS.

if this isnt meant to be, then it should be removed from the description of the GM.

(edited by mistsim.2748)

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

ATM its working with LB 4/glyph of tides or not? It supposed to work with it?

in Ranger

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

Those aren’t launches, and yes it does work with them.

… I still want tengu.

in Ranger

LughLongArm.5460

Those aren’t launches, and yes it does work with them.

Well, the descriptions says: “Striking a stunned, dazed, knocked down, or launched foe summons roots to entangle them.”

So,knocked downs launches are included, But nothing on knockbacks. If anything, spike trap should wrok and LB 4/Glyphs shouldn’t?

in Ranger

Hammerguard.9834

There’s no reason knockbacks wouldn’t be included if all those others are. It’s just another name they forgot to throw into the list.

Or maybe they just consider knockbacks the same as knockdowns since they do technically knockdown at the end of the animation.

… I still want tengu.

in Ranger

LughLongArm.5460

There’s no reason knockbacks wouldn’t be included if all those others are. It’s just another name they forgot to throw into the list.

Or maybe they just consider knockbacks the same as knockdowns since they do technically knockdown at the end of the animation.

Fine by me, but I don’t find any reason for spike trap not to work. Even with this combo, its not as strong as DH traps. Lots of break stuns are also condi removals anyway.

in Ranger

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

I’ve noticed that knockback and launches triggers but on random point between “where the guy was at the beginning of launch/knockback”→“where he landed”

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

in Ranger

Posted by: emkelly.2371

emkelly.2371

I’m confused. are you suggesting that spike trap should proc the seed because it knocks down or launches and would count as hitting. thats not the way that works. spike trap IS the knock down. the seed would not proc on that. you would have to hit someone AFTER they get hit with spike trap. for example, drop spike trap use sword 2, enemy gets knocked down, then you use 2 to leap in. THAT would immobilize them. I might just be misunderstanding you guys.

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I’m confused. are you suggesting that spike trap should proc the seed because it knocks down or launches and would count as hitting. thats not the way that works. spike trap IS the knock down. the seed would not proc on that. you would have to hit someone AFTER they get hit with spike trap. for example, drop spike trap use sword 2, enemy gets knocked down, then you use 2 to leap in. THAT would immobilize them. I might just be misunderstanding you guys.

The spike trap also deals damage, so it would be able to proc AS by itself if they just changed the order of the code, so the KD happened before the damage. That would make it so much more appealing, imo.

By the way, for PvE, you can use http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Power_Matrix, well, you should be able to, to proc ancient seeds, so its usable without any other ways to CC. Pretty cheap if you are farming mobs imo.

in Ranger

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

Actually i think As should proc on Knockdown/-back, launch, daze and stun and condi dmg should also count as proc dmg.
This way it wouldnt matter if condi or pure dmg build, and LB,SB,GS,Axe-Off and Staff (traited→on swap) would work with it and wozuld give more build variety.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

I’m confused. are you suggesting that spike trap should proc the seed because it knocks down or launches and would count as hitting. thats not the way that works. .

No I’m saying damage done on the target knocked down by the spike trap should trigger AS

in Ranger

Eurantien.4632

Regardless of the tool tip and community belief, these both work as launches.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

A launch is actualy a combination of knockdown and knockback as far as I am concerned. Launches can for example even move downed targets.

Wyvern and Spiketrap are not launches.

in Ranger

Eurantien.4632

There is only 1 type of CC that interacts with downed bodies, launch. There is one type of CC (float doesn’t really count) that moves enemies off the ground, launch.

Wyvern and Spiketrap are launches.

Mini-launches?

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

There is only 1 type of CC that interacts with downed bodies, launch. There is one type of CC (float doesn’t really count) that moves enemies off the ground, launch.

Wyvern and Spiketrap are launches.

Mini-launches?

Yeah, its like Uppercut on Daredevil, its just the tooltip is listed as a KD.

in Ranger

Posted by: BlackRose.1247

BlackRose.1247

But y know, if spike trap really was a launch, why doesnt it affect downed players? Even if it is triggered by sm1 on the downed body, the downed doesnt get launched.

Kodash RANGER, War, Thief, Mesmer, Guard
proud member of NV

in Ranger

Eurantien.4632

But y know, if spike trap really was a launch, why doesnt it affect downed players? Even if it is triggered by sm1 on the downed body, the downed doesnt get launched.

Yes they do.

in Ranger

Posted by: salogel.1869

salogel.1869

Despite being stated as a knockdown I’m fairly sure it is actually a 0 range launch, the skill description says “launches foes” as well. Also explains why the disable is longer than 1s (launch has no duration just range) and why it throws enemies into the air rather than just falling to the floor.

Anyway … it should still work either way since the trait description for ancient seeds includes both launch and knockdown. I don’t see why it should not apply to all hard CCs.

Also, is it still impossible to hit a moving target with the entangle – during the beta the immobilize was delayed so if they were moving and the roots would do nothing.

Wyrdern – druid | Fengar Frostrazor – teef | Ayrwen – berserker

“There is no sand in the desert borderland”

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

just some clarity would be nice. I can see the wyvern charge being a launch. but spike trap is def a knockdown. it animates that way, and says so in the tooltip.

in Ranger

Eurantien.4632

just some clarity would be nice. I can see the wyvern charge being a launch. but spike trap is def a knockdown. it animates that way, and says so in the tooltip.

Spike trap animates as a very short launch.

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

Spike trap animates as a very short launch.

meh, semantics. it’s a knockdown from the description, and should work with AS, period.

in Ranger

Posted by: oshilator.4681

oshilator.4681

The only ‘fix’ it’s getting is a nerf once enough pvp’ers complain.

But I do agree with these bug changes.

Headdesk

in Ranger

Eurantien.4632

Ancient seeds should not work with launches. Spike trap (as its a launch despite the tool tip) included.

in Ranger

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

You mean launches? As far as I’m concerned it should stay this way (despite the new tool tip saying otherwise). The reason being, I don’t think someone walking into something they can’t see (spike trap) only to get hit with not only 6 stacks of bleeds but also an entangling root is healthy for this game. Not to mention the possible consequences of immobilizing a launched player who may or may not be considered in the air (air immob).

DH says hello.

Their traps dazes foes, dealing MASSIVE damage when triggered, and cast in like 1/4 sec. Not to mention all of them grant at least one boon.

Edit: Those traps damage is so high that they even make it into dgn speed-up Meta. It’s higher than wells. In tougher boss Meta events, most DH uses traps for massive spike on bosses. (Set lots of them up when bosses are invulnerable, and trigger all at once in burn phase) Ranger’s traps damage can never do those. It’d only be useful in PVP sometimes.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

in Ranger

Posted by: oshilator.4681

oshilator.4681

DH says hello.

Their traps dazes foes, dealing MASSIVE damage when triggered, and cast in like 1/4 sec. Not to mention all of them grant at least one boon.

+1

Headdesk

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

the spike is described to be a knockdown, and AS should work with knockdowns. if spike isn’t a knockdown, it needs to be corrected in the tooltip. otherwise it will be considered as such. therefore, this is a bug, and we’re just running in circles.

from a balance point of view, the trait investment is heavy (skirm line + AS GM); spike has no stun break or condi cleanse. picking even one trap as utility heavily compromise the ranger’s defense, and I only see traps usable with trapper runes. trapper rangers/druids don’t necessarily need significant buffs, but at the very least, their mechanics should work as advertised.

in Ranger

Hammerguard.9834

Eurantien, strong trait/skill synergy is not really something to use against ancient seeds from working on launch. Anytime someone finds a combination that makes a skill or trait stronger it shouldn’t be in the game because it’s “unhealthy”? No. It’s practically the purpose of designing a build. To make a good synergy between skills and traits.

The immob in mid air, however, is the real concern. And that’s something Anet should be fixing regardless.

… I still want tengu.

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

the immob isn’t midair. you still have to deal the damage before u get the immob. by the time damage is done, the person is on the ground. I feel like there is a general misunderstanding with how AS works. the fact that it’s horribly bugged doesn’t help. people just don’t know what works with it, and what doesn’t.

in Ranger

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

the immob isn’t midair. you still have to deal the damage before u get the immob. by the time damage is done, the person is on the ground. I feel like there is a general misunderstanding with how AS works. the fact that it’s horribly bugged doesn’t help. people just don’t know what works with it, and what doesn’t.

omg dude youjust made me realise why the trait was triggering so randomly to me O.o

yeah indeed it says “STRIKING a stunned, dazed, knocked down, or launched foe summons roots to entangle them”

thats why there is no mention about knocked back because basically knockback is knockdown with added movement backward…

but then again – in case of launching – its totally possible to hit launched enemy midair…..

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

For me the triggering works fine: you have to strike an CC’ed mob to trigger. Also works when they are CC’ed by another character, even your pet (the dogs and smokescale are amazing for this).

For me what it buggers me is the fact that only trigger the first impact.
For example: A trap/glyph will trigger up to 5 roots, while the piercing arrows or the axe MH only trigger one although is the same attack.

I would get rid of the CD, is not like you can perma-daze and hit at the same time.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

(edited by anduriell.6280)

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

For me the triggering works fine: you have to strike an CC’ed mob to trigger.

it doesn’t work with spike trap