Let's Talk PvP Meta

Let's Talk PvP Meta

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

Yeah it is intentional. I can get perma regen with that trait and healspring.

Oh I definitely get that, and having experienced and played all of the current “meta” builds for classes, I can totally see how useful it is to gain the regen instead of a little range and a few seconds shorter cooldowns that you get with Offhand.

Offhand is amazing, but Oakheart arguably lets you survive better.

I just wanted to clarify for people reading this, in case they take a look and go “why isn’t he running Offhand Training, you ALWAYS run Offhand Training, it’s better.”

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

Let's Talk PvP Meta

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

I’m going to add to this thread this trait setup. It works and it’s nothing new, but I don’t personally think people were gearing it correctly or running it with the right weapons (aka, it’s a weapon swap build to take advantage of weapon swapping bonuses).

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQRAnY8fiMqEwQoafCBbJwMAa3C2UB-TJhHwACOJAh2fAwTAwYZAA

I either switch a little bit around and run BM: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQRAnY8fjMq0vaBLWsQ0agDhqdJ8rjAzAYdfWsLbBbqA-TJhHwACOJAh2fAwTAwYZAA

Or I run with a trait setup that I posted awhile back that never really gained much popularity, with spirits now: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQRAnY8fjMq0savK+rQ0aAMhq9A0pBAvk17G8BFspC-TJhHwACOJAh2fAwTAwYZAA

Of course, it could just be turned into 0/4/6/4/0, and in that case you would take Sharpened Edges. I would have a hard time figuring out whether the 2% increase in crit chance and 3% increase in crit damage combined with an RNG chance to bleed beats out the damage of 5% more damage output from you and your pet with a boon from Bountiful Hunter.

I would assume the bountiful hunter one is the higher damage output built though. Still, that’s only an assumption. Will post more later.

Let's Talk PvP Meta

in Ranger

Posted by: Oak da Vite.9054

Oak da Vite.9054

Why do you use “Shared Anguish”?
In my opinion the cd is way too high for it to be usefull.
For me “Vigorous Renewal” is the better option as it allows you to dodge more often and also gives vigor to allies in combination with healing spring.

Da Vite – Miller’s Sound
Last Phoenix [Nix]

Let's Talk PvP Meta

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

For me “Vigorous Renewal” is the better option as it allows you to dodge more often and also gives vigor to allies in combination with healing spring.

This is what I use.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Let's Talk PvP Meta

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

Shared Anguish is a good second chance trait. Against control type builds (hambow/engie/necro/mesmer pull/etc) the trait gives you a second chance if you screw up your evades.

Ranger | Elementalist

Let's Talk PvP Meta

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

It’s a free stunbreaker for builds that don’t typically allow us to take stunbreakers. I mean, it’s essentially the argument of getting another dodge when you heal, or getting a free stunbreaker that you don’t have to use every 90s.

You should basically be able to predict that every new engagement you enter, Shared Anguish is going to come up and be able to be used though. It can allow you to secure rezs and stomps, and in general, is like taking any given build and adding one more stunbreak to the utility pool.

That, and on most of the builds (any of the ones with Primal Reflexes), I’m already getting 5s of Vigor basically on cooldown against every single class, combined with a ton of weapon evades and already more dodges than most other classes (Acrobatics Thieves and Engis are the only classes that even compete).

So I personally prefer the passive defense of absorbing a stun over an extra dodge, because theoretically, I can’t dodge everything, and CCs in the current meta for some builds mean almost instant death in most cases.

If the Vigor on Vigorous Renewal still pulsed with Healing Spring, or just gave outright 10 seconds of Vigor (sounds a little broken with heals other than Spring, but still) then I would have a different opinion.

That being said, it is just an opinion. I wouldn’t want to get caught against any of the other classes current meta builds without Shared Anguish though.

Let's Talk PvP Meta

in Ranger

Posted by: aydenunited.5729

aydenunited.5729

Bumping this back with a serious question, though. With Balthazaar Runes, is it a viable option in a Spirits build to run SB with Sword/Torch in off-hand, or do you feel you lose too much passive evasion for the extra damage? I use dagger often just because it’s touted here but typically I’ve had better success with the torch in my off-hand, Balth runes, and Sun Spirit.

Jumzi (Ranger), Tarnished Coast

Let's Talk PvP Meta

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Bumping this back with a serious question, though. With Balthazaar Runes, is it a viable option in a Spirits build to run SB with Sword/Torch in off-hand, or do you feel you lose too much passive evasion for the extra damage? I use dagger often just because it’s touted here but typically I’ve had better success with the torch in my off-hand, Balth runes, and Sun Spirit.

Imo, that seems like an overkill in burning, if you were gonna do that i’d probably drop the sunspirit all together and just pick up something like Frost Spirit to buff up what little physical damage you bring, as well as your pets and your groups damage (since they’ll probably benefit more from that than having burning).

That being said, I hardly doubt that’d hurt your survivability so much that the build wouldn’t work, it would just be a slightly more offensive version of the build instead of the total bunkery sorta build it is now.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Let's Talk PvP Meta

in Ranger

Posted by: aydenunited.5729

aydenunited.5729

Imo, that seems like an overkill in burning, if you were gonna do that i’d probably drop the sunspirit all together and just pick up something like Frost Spirit to buff up what little physical damage you bring, as well as your pets and your groups damage (since they’ll probably benefit more from that than having burning).

That being said, I hardly doubt that’d hurt your survivability so much that the build wouldn’t work, it would just be a slightly more offensive version of the build instead of the total bunkery sorta build it is now.

Okay, so I’m running this now with Runes of the Afflicted instead, and running Stone Spirit/Frost Spirit. Added in with the trait “Spotter” it seems to be a pretty good team build, and I still get to use the torch. Seems to be working pretty well so far, though I can’t decide for sure what I want my 2nd pet to be.

Jumzi (Ranger), Tarnished Coast

Let's Talk PvP Meta

in Ranger

Posted by: Liete.5263

Liete.5263

Hey,

just wanted to ask if this build is still viable or if you are rather using signet of stone now?

Let's Talk PvP Meta

in Ranger

Posted by: AwildKuei.2013

AwildKuei.2013

I’m getting the feeling that Chilled is a Very powerful debuff. I’m curious why Chill terrifies people so much. Because of the slower attack speed?

Ranger (Reef Drake, I choose you!), Necro (FEAR ME! By the way, take your condi back)
Warrior (Leap and spin to win!), Engineer (knock you off the cliff), Guardian (Kittens…)

Let's Talk PvP Meta

in Ranger

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

I’m getting the feeling that Chilled is a Very powerful debuff. I’m curious why Chill terrifies people so much. Because of the slower attack speed?

your skills cooldowns are also slower. Its easily the best soft cc in the game. It was better before they changed the runes because 3 of the runes had a 20% chill duration increase on the 2nd rune so you could get 60% more chill in total. I ran it on ele and it was the ultimate support for team fights.

Bad Elementalist

Let's Talk PvP Meta

in Ranger

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

I also have a chill variant of my current tPvP build, just because I love chill so much ^^. This is capable of inflicting almost 20s of chill:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQRAnY8fjEq0xaLL+rQ1aAAhaVA0OHa2n1dQsDjdBrOA-TpRFwALOIAAeAAq2fIxRAIaZAFnAAA

Current tPvP build would be this:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQRAnY8fjEq0xaLL+rQ1aABhaVA0uGS2l1dPcDfdBrOA-TZRFwAAeAAJOCARLDo4kAka/BA

(Both builds have Torment sigil, not earth).
Still trying to decide if I should go Geomancy over Torment sigil on Axe and taking Settler’s over Rabid amulet.

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)

(edited by My Sweet Lily.1952)