-Fixed a bug where pets cannot attack moving target
-Pets receive a invulnerable buff in dungeon
-slightly increase pet HP in open world
-???

Let's speculate the 16 bullet points

in Ranger

Posted by: noneofcon.8367

noneofcon.8367

-Spirit effect chance reduced to 15% base.
-Greatsword and longbow damage reduced by 5%
-Pet AI “improved”

in Ranger

Posted by: Division.9618

Division.9618

-Pet AI “improved”

- sword autoattack tooltip changed to properly reflect not being able to dodge while attacking.
- “Guard” now no longer gives your pets temporary stealth
- the f1 key has been removed. Now to attack a specific target with your pet you must use “sick ’em”
- “sick ’em” no longer gives swiftness and might to your pet
- Signet of stone, signet of the wild cooldown increased by 20%.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fomby.4295

Fomby.4295

They better be some awesome bullet points with there only being 16 of them. Unfortunately I don’t think they will.

•Invincible spirits (to make them comparable to warriors banners)
• sword rooting fix
• pet can now move and attack at the same time
• obstructed bug fixed
• increase in arrow travel speed
• increase usefulness and decrease cool downs on ALL signets
• increase pet survivability( especially in dungeons and WvW)

But what I really wish would happen is to either have stealth chains removed from the game or give us something to reveal them. (Like a spirit or signet)

But, I think we’ll be lucky to see just a few of those things happen. whatever! I’ll just play halo until they decide to fix rangers.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Kal Snow – Norn Guardian

in Ranger

Posted by: ChillyChinaman.6057

ChillyChinaman.6057

-Pet AI “improved”

- sword autoattack tooltip changed to properly reflect not being able to dodge while attacking.
- the f1 key has been removed. Now to attack a specific target with your pet you must use “sick ’em”

I can beat that. All ranger start with their choice of Kudzu or The Dreamer. Yes the legendary weapons. It is their only weapon and it locks down your utility skills.
Here is what it does:

5x Shoot Rainbow/Flower – Cast Time: 2s, Energy Cost: 10%, Recharge 20s – Shoot a rainbow/flower at target foe. Because you’re shooting light beams/flowers, you do 0dmg. Causes blind.
Summon Unicorn/Butterfly – Cast Time: 4s, Energy Cost: 50%, Recharge 120s – Summon a Unicorn/Butterfly pet. Unicorn/Butterfly has no skills.

In all seriousness though, I’ve mostly given up having Ranger be competitive. I still play PvE with nice dungeon runners and hot-join against scrubs until I get stomped.

It is highly unlikely the changes will balance rangers. They will hopefully make all of our broken features work, but that’s like just getting to a race when everyone else is on their last lap.

in Ranger

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

I don’t know about honest speculation.
But I could tell you the sort of thing I’d secretly love to see.

- Fixed bug where pets would not attack certain world objects
- The 5 person limit on AOE effects will now prioritize hitting players over ranger pets
- Signet of Stone and Signet of the Wild cooldowns reduced
- Signet of the Wild no longer impedes F key functions
- Signet of the beastmaster now correctly allows you to gain the damage increase of Signet of the Hunt
- new Frost Spirit
- new Storm Spirit
- new Sun Spirit
- new Stone Spirit
- Drakes now correctly use Family Skills on land.
- Moment of Clarity provides an Attack of Opportunity to you and your pet when you or your pet successfully interrupt the enemy.
- Attacks of Opportunity now Stack in intensity.
- The effect of Attacks of Opportunity now persist throughout the duration of a channeled effect (such as Rapid Fire and Barrage).
- Guard no longer grants Invisibility. True Travel time increased from 1 second to 3 seconds. Protection buff and True Travel reflected in the tooltip.
- Search and Rescue’s healing effect now scales better with level. If Pet is under the effect of Guard, Search and Rescue’s AOE point of origin is now the designated guard location.
- Sic’ Em causes your pet to leap forward and upon successfully hitting latches onto the target and pulls them towards the player. If they miss or are out of range, the pet ends up simply leaping. If under the effect of Guard a pet will pull target towards the designated Guard location.

(edited by Vox Hollow.2736)

in Ranger

Posted by: swilkers.5938

swilkers.5938

-Completely nuke and redo the pet system
-Completely nuke and redo the spirit system
-Completely nuke redo the DPS abilities
-Add “Hide In Plain Sight” as an active ability

Blackgate Server
Charr – Ranger
Human – Guardian

in Ranger

Posted by: swilkers.5938

swilkers.5938

-Pet AI “improved”

Why would the damage ever in a million years be reduced?

Blackgate Server
Charr – Ranger
Human – Guardian

in Ranger

Posted by: Aethersong.5189

Aethersong.5189

-Pet AI “improved”

Why would the damage ever in a million years be reduced?

Thats what people said about the shortbow…

Anyway, I would like to see some improvements like Vox listed. Making spirits viable and comparable to warrior banners would be great. Having them pasdively follow would also be nice. As for pets, they should be able to hit moving targets. Also, it would be nice to see them not die instantly in dungeons. An increase to most weapon damage would be welcomed.

Long bow in particular needs its auto attack and rapid fire skills looked at. Sword needs to not root players. Short bow would be nice if it was reverted to prenerf… Fix qz functionality with it.

As for signets, their recharges are ridiculous and many effects lackluster. Reduce recharge and buff things like signet of the hunt.

In any case, I hope this update makes some drastic improvements on the ranger.

in Ranger

Posted by: ocfallwind.4821

ocfallwind.4821

This better not be:
1.-13. bug fixes
14. spirit HP increased by 20%
15. pet HP increased by 10%
16. weapons attack increased by 3%.

But hey anything is possible…

in Ranger

Posted by: gadenp.7586

gadenp.7586

1. Animation Fix to Short Sword, now correctly roots you on the spot properly.
2. Animation Fix on F2 ability animation and skill execution now both execute properly, and is calculated when animation ends.
3. It was found that traps were too powerful. Cooldown time increased by 10 seconds.
4. People have been abusing Rampage as One as a running skill. It is not supposed to be used as such. RaO now does not give swiftness.
5. SB does not properly reflect that it is a condition weapon. Crossfire no longer give dmg. Bleed time also decreased to 2 second.
6. Increase pet survivability. Pets now run when your life or their life is less then 25%. Known issues, pets run into AoE circles, to be fixed soon.
7. Too many Rangers have been using full Sigil builds. Sigil passive powers, decreased by 50%.
etc, etc…

Joke
But if any of the above actually came out on 15th Nov, it will be epic (in a bad way).

But seriously. Now have 3 toons. Ranger, Engineer and Guardian. Ranger is the hardest to play, has the less dps and is the easiest to die. We really need some great fixes and changes.

(edited by gadenp.7586)

in Ranger

Posted by: Unspecified.9142

Unspecified.9142

This is really more what I’d like to see, but hey I can dream:

1) Sword no longer roots you in place during the 1 chain (if this isn’t there I’ll /facedesk)
2) Shortbow 1 always bleeds.
3) Longbow does ~15% more damage across all skills.
4) Arrows from bows travel to the target ~50% faster.
5) Greatsword damage increased by ~15% across all skills.
6) Sigil of the Hunt now gives 20% movement speed bonus.
7) Pets can attack and move at the same time.
8) Pets F2 skills now activate instantly and will interrupt any current pet action.
9) Spirits can can no longer be damaged and active abilities trigger on the Rangers location.
10) Trapper’s Expertise has been removed and traps are 50% larger and ground targeted by default.
11) Trap Potency moved to Master level in Wilderness Survival.
12) Martial Mastery moved from Wilderness Survival to Skirmishing at the Master level.
13) New Grandmaster Skirmishing trait (not sure what, but need something there).
14) Main Hand Axe attack speed increased by 0.1 seconds on the #1 skill.
15) Master’s Bond only resets on pet or player death. Switching pets or entering water will no longer remove stacks.
16) Ummm…. assorted bug fixes and stuff. (?)

Edit: Thought of a #16) Damage on Harpoon gun 1 skill has been doubled (seriously less than 100 damage on a full power build is not okay, even tripled wouldn’t been outlandish).

Still want bug fixes too but to me those are a separate issue altogether.

(edited by Unspecified.9142)

in Ranger

Posted by: Ander.7598

Ander.7598

What I’d really like to see is

- MUCH faster arrows
- pets take 10% damage from AoE
- pets can attack on the move
- F2 activates instantly
- larger speed bonus with SotH
- sword not rooting with #1

in Ranger

Posted by: Leviatana.8107

Leviatana.8107

Professions
Ranger
Updated all sword abilities to feel more in line with the other weapons.
Removed the part were the auto attack from the sword rooted the player in place.
Updated the short bow to be more in line with how it felt before the auto attack changes made in previous patch.

Water/Wind/Stone Spirit: Increased the base health by 50% to increase the survivability of the pets.
Entangle: Entangle’s bleed will now increase appropriately with the amount of condition damage the ranger has.
Crossfire: Removed the positional requirement of Crossfire but lower the chance it’ll apply a bleed to 66% from any direction
Quick Draw: Quick Draw was moved to the Marksmanship tree and replaced Piercing Arrow adding both effects together. Quick Draw was replaced with a new trait that makes the bleed from Crossfire 100% and increases the damage by 5% for the short bow
Long Range Shot: The attack animation will feel more fluid and the speed has been slightly adjusted.
Signet of the Hunt: The passive movement speed increase has been brought in line with other movement speed signets going from 10% > 25%
Signet of Stone: A stun break has been added for you and your pet on the active ability.
Guard!: Your pet will guard an area but also gain a increase toughness and vitality and a small damage increase for every enemy within the guarded area.

I can think of more but let’s keep it at this for now.

in Ranger

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

• All pet F2 functions have been revamped, they now operate in a similar fashion to Warrior/Guardian shouts with instant AoE effects (ranged pets use a targeted AoE)
  • Pets now have a third state between Attack/Passive where they prioritize staying near you and defending your proximity
  • Pet states can now be bound to keys and you can set the default state for your equipped pets.
  • F2 functions no longer automatically put your Pet into Attack state.
  • Pets can be stowed at any time and are not automatically brought out in combat. Stowing in combat has a cooldown cost however, and you cannot swap stowed pets in combat.

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

-Pet AI “improved”

Rofl! Gawd, I laughed so hard reading these – thanks guys!

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Posted by: Sdric.8526

Sdric.8526

@Florence

Warriors ain’t the best profession.
The most successful PvP classes currently are:

1. Guardrin
  2. Mesmer
  3. Believe it or not, Elementalists
  4. Thieves

According to GW2 statistics.

sPvPers against gear-grind.
Ascended Gear-progression disables WvW for us.
Stop it now!

in Ranger

Posted by: fishergrip.4082

fishergrip.4082

@ florence.1674

Do you even have a warrior? They aren’t that good honestly.

Maid Of The Coast

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

-Spirits now apply their effects to all targets/allies in range every second, and their active effect occurs at the location of your target, if you have no target it appears at the location of the spirit. However, spirits are still killable to compensate for the power of the new spirits.

-Pets now rez for the same amount of health as a player.
-Pets can not hit enemies while moving, but their damage has been buffed significantly to compensate.
-Pets now take 75% less damage from ALL AoEs, and take a total of 90% less damage from red ring aoes.
-???

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: AlexRD.7914

AlexRD.7914

1) Reduce entangle chance to a 20% success rate. Rooting someone for 20 seconds is not fair, even though they can kill the roots. Some people actually don’t know you have to kill the roots so i think its unfair.
2) Add a 1s delay between sword abilities to give the ability to go away.
3) Decrease the trap’s damage by 15% as they hit too hard
4) Remove the 2 second quickness effect on pet’s swap so master’s bond is fixed.

in Ranger

Posted by: Vecuu.2018

Vecuu.2018

-Ranger damage globally decreased by 5%
-Ranger pet damage globally increased by 10%

I will laugh so hard and drink the tears of all the complainers who roll another profession while I enjoy my Ranger.

Jaded [Jade] – Darkhaven Server
Jaded.boards.net – Your future home

in Ranger

Posted by: Onza.7165

Onza.7165

I hope to see a blast finisher put on our ‘Maul’ skill, would be nice with our water-field based healing spring.

More violence, less violets.

in Ranger

Posted by: BAEK.8561

BAEK.8561

Personally expecting Signet of the Hunt to give 25% movement increase. Thieves get it. Why can’t we?

{Sanctum of Rall} Since Day -3
Weekend Guardian/Elementalist
No Guild Affiliation

in Ranger

Posted by: Glektor.2934

Glektor.2934

Personally expecting Signet of the Hunt to give 25% movement increase. Thieves get it. Why can’t we?

I’m hoping for that… not expecting, but hoping. If I can toss my stupid warhorn in a bag and not have to run around with it in my hand all the time, I’ll be happy.

in Ranger

Posted by: Glektor.2934

Glektor.2934

1) Reduce entangle chance to a 20% success rate. Rooting someone for 20 seconds is not fair, even though they can kill the roots. Some people actually don’t know you have to kill the roots so i think its unfair.

Bit off-topic, but, I’ve noticed alot of times when I’ve been hit with the binding roots that for some reason I can’t attack them at all. If my pet is alive I’ll have him come attack mine, otherwise it’s AoE or bust. It’s almost like the root is behind you and you can’t turn to face it or something.

in Ranger

Posted by: Arekai.5698

Arekai.5698

- 16 bugfixes

- virtues buffed by 20%

- 100 blades now useable while moving

Oh wait.

in Ranger

Posted by: blazer.7942

blazer.7942

-Pets have a new mode which allows them to protect their master (instead of attacking), granting a chance to block
-New pets added including a bloodhound which detects stealthed targets and a turtle that can grant itself AoE immunity and regeneration
-Automatic F2 feature
-1H Sword no longer “glues” the character in place
-Increased damage for melee weapons and longbow
-New traits such as 10% of toughness is converted to vitality and pets revive 50% faster
-Signets now affect the ranger without being traited
-Heal as One now removes a condition

in Ranger

Posted by: Cakoluchiam.6901

Cakoluchiam.6901

-Added ability “Signet of Vigilance”: Passively renders ranger and pet immune to any flanking or backstab bonuses; Activate to reveal stealthed units within 600 range of your pet for 15 seconds.

Gryphonix – 80 Ranger, Blackgate [BBG][EC][FS]

in Ranger

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

You can now play like a gw1 ranger, without a pet if you want, in doing so you can actually perform in pvp.
Or greatly improved pet mechanics, cause telling my river drake to fire its lighting in the opposite direction of my foe is what I want in a pet that takes away my damage output.

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in Ranger

Posted by: Drexciyian.9453

Drexciyian.9453

• Pets can now be stowed even in combat. when stowed the ranger gets 20% power and precision bonus

I can dream can’t i??

BOON Control

in Ranger

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

I foresee a lot of tears coming. :>

This is going to be the collective reaction for rangers across Tyria:

in Ranger

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

• Pets can now be stowed even in combat. when stowed the ranger gets 20% power and precision bonus

I can dream can’t i??

This + pet F2 is now preformed by the ranger

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in Ranger

Posted by: Panther Chameleon.8465

Panther Chameleon.8465

You can now play like a gw1 ranger, without a pet if you want, in doing so you can actually perform in pvp.
Or greatly improved pet mechanics, cause telling my river drake to fire its lighting in the opposite direction of my foe is what I want in a pet that takes away my damage output.

Amen. It’s not like Mesmers and Guardians take a dps hit because they have access to a plethora of npcs (which have incredible range and cc).

-Hogs F2 now gives the player a random skill. No more trying to pick up bones and tufts of hair in the middle of a fight…

" I like to let people talk who like to talk. It makes it

in Ranger

Posted by: Pizza.2346

Pizza.2346

you all failed

Message Body length must at least be 15.

in Ranger

Posted by: Xinceidi.7962

Xinceidi.7962

• Many trait tooltip fonts have been changed to wingdings to reflect their relevance to actual effects.
  • Pets are now passive creatures that simply follow enemy targets.
  • Pets have gained a new passive called ‘Wander’ where they will randomly walk around the map. All aggro is now directed to the Ranger instead of the pet.
  • Traps have been buffed from a 30s to 20s cooldown.
  • Longbows and Shortbows have been replaced with Nerf weaponry. Nerf weapons shoot foam missiles at the target and travel at an appropriate speed.

in Ranger

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

you all failed

Nope. I was right on the money. :>

in Ranger

Posted by: Unspecified.9142

Unspecified.9142

you all failed

Hey, I was pretty close when I said:

Edit: Thought of a #16) Damage on Harpoon gun 1 skill has been doubled (seriously less than 100 damage on a full power build is not okay, even tripled wouldn’t been outlandish).

So 1/16 is something…. :-/

in Ranger

Posted by: ocfallwind.4821

ocfallwind.4821

This better not be:
1.-13. bug fixes
14. spirit HP increased by 20%
15. pet HP increased by 10%
16. weapons attack increased by 3%.

But hey anything is possible…

Wow I made this stupid post a few days ago out of sarcasm.
Can’t believe it’s actually better than the current updates we received. JP never fails to surprise and disappoint.