Level 30 and looking for gear advice

in Ranger

Posted by: pjsheets.6972

pjsheets.6972

I just hit level 30 and am crafting my gear and am a bit lost on what stats to focus on. I mainly solo pve at this point using long bow (I know most seem to not like the LB but I love the range) and greatsword.

Any advice on stats or build in general would be greatly appreciate!

in Ranger

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

Gear doesn’t really mater at low level. Craft power gear, then power/prec, then power/prec/ferocity. But that’s not a big deal.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Yea, just aim for power-based stats:
– Power
– Precision
– Ferocity

Toughness/Vitality aren’t bad either, particularly as you start out, but you want to focus primarily on the stats above.

Condition Damage/Duration isn’t absolutely terrible, but conditions aren’t terribly great for leveling and some would argue that they are weak for PvE in general, so avoid these stats for the most part.

in Ranger

Posted by: pjsheets.6972

pjsheets.6972

Thanks for the info!

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Also, get in the habit of using dps pets instead of tanky pets. At the higher levels and definitely when you get to 80, mobs mostly stop attacking pets and they won’t tank for you anymore.

You’ll kill things much faster and will generally become a more skilled player for it.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Longbow and GS work well with power, precision, ferocity stats. When you get to 80 you can play with condition stats for fun. Good luck!

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Just to echo everyone you’re going to want to focus on what is called “berserker’s” gear. It really makes a huge difference in leveling, but don’t go out of your way if you’re missing the ingredients. Other gear will do because you don’t use it very long. Leveling gear is disposable.