Lightning Reflexes

Lightning Reflexes

in Ranger

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Who else would like this CD reduced by half? Longbow ranger needs more survivabilty if we are going to invest deep into skirmishing and marksmenship.

Bad Elementalist

Lightning Reflexes

in Ranger

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Its a panic button, only really meant to be used once when the kitten hits the fan. And survivability will always be reduced by going into the power and precision lines.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

(edited by Sube Dai.8496)

Lightning Reflexes

in Ranger

Posted by: Fomby.4295

Fomby.4295

Its a panic button, only really meant to be used once when the kitten hits the fan. And survivability will always be reduced by going into the power and precision lines.

Well sure, but longbow power/crit ranger needs more survivability. Maybe I’m wrong, but I see them as a sustained damage set up. Not able to pull off the burst of other classes, but able to do pretty high damage constantly.

That being said, I don’t know if buffing lightning reflexes across the board would be great, because I can see bunker builds abusing it.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Kal Snow – Norn Guardian

Lightning Reflexes

in Ranger

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

It has long CD, even with reduced trait. But useable.
I would like to see it breaking any immobilise tho… because NPCs using no stuns on me, just chain immobilise & roots. As I die in WWW because of those.

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

Lightning Reflexes

in Ranger

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

idk why we shouldnt be able to have a burst. “Because you are ranged” is a bs excuse when scepter ele’s have it and it really only buys us an extra 2 seconds to do mediocre damage.

Bad Elementalist

Lightning Reflexes

in Ranger

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

Well sure, but longbow power/crit ranger needs more survivability. Maybe I’m wrong, but I see them as a sustained damage set up. Not able to pull off the burst of other classes, but able to do pretty high damage constantly.

That being said, I don’t know if buffing lightning reflexes across the board would be great, because I can see bunker builds abusing it.

More than anything it should break all movement skills on use. That would be so much better than having a lower base cooldown only.

Lightning Reflexes

in Ranger

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

idk why we shouldnt be able to have a burst. “Because you are ranged” is a bs excuse when scepter ele’s have it and it really only buys us an extra 2 seconds to do mediocre damage.

As Robert Hrouda said ranger is about sustained damage and staying alive. That is how the ranger was designed. And then there are burst classes like mesmers, warriors, thieves, eles, condi engies, condi necros… I’m pretty sure there are burst guards as well, I just didn’t come across that many.

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF

Lightning Reflexes

in Ranger

Fomby.4295

As Robert Hrouda said ranger is about sustained damage and staying alive. That is how the ranger was designed. And then there are burst classes like mesmers, warriors, thieves, eles, condi engies, condi necros… I’m pretty sure there are burst guards as well, I just didn’t come across that many.

Which would be fine and dandy IF we had those tools to stay alive. We have a few right now, but not enough.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Kal Snow – Norn Guardian

Lightning Reflexes

in Ranger

Sube Dai.8496

Well lb was a burst weapon before the qz nerf. It kind of still is too with rapid fire but harder to get it off. I define would not call it sustained damage though. It fires way too slow. The sb is a sustained damage weapon. It fires twice every 1.1 seconds and adds bleeds. And despite the range reduction I have no problem with it. All fights are within 900

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Lightning Reflexes

in Ranger

nagymbear.5280

Which would be fine and dandy IF we had those tools to stay alive. We have a few right now, but not enough.

The ranger does have tools to stay alive, they just force the ranger into specific builds. Just like most damage dealing warrior builds take greatsword and most thief builds use stealth. Our main source of defense comes from evades, dodges, regen. And if you use all of them in one build, you’re near invincible.

Lightning Reflexes

in Ranger

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

LR needs to stun the target. The damage should be removed since it’s worthless.

Lightning Reflexes

in Ranger

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

it should be on 20 CD (25 max) and remove immobilize. I like the skill but its missing something and that something is none 5y CD

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

(edited by Nuka Cola.8520)

Lightning Reflexes

in Ranger

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Should remove immobilize, chill and cripple like thief Withdraw. The CD is okay, i think…only takes 10 points for the CD reduction trait.

/edit: I also would remove the damage. Could be useful to disengage after LB stealth, then.

(edited by Iavra.8510)

Lightning Reflexes

in Ranger

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

not halfed; but reduced or an added effect (other than vigor) would be nice

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

Lightning Reflexes

in Ranger

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

or what if its “charge” your next dodge. something like sharpening stone or thief venoms. i dont like this evaid backward thing. you gain stability for 3-4 sec, evaid all attack and gain vigor. i dont need the dammage.
heavy classes have more surviveibility just because the armor.
this keep fightind and carry on thing sounds good but in wvw its only work with signets. and only for a short time.

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

Lightning Reflexes

in Ranger

Fomby.4295

The ranger does have tools to stay alive, they just force the ranger into specific builds. Just like most damage dealing warrior builds take greatsword and most thief builds use stealth. Our main source of defense comes from evades, dodges, regen. And if you use all of them in one build, you’re near invincible.

Agreed! But only if you spec a certain way. (Bunkery and condi damage)

Berserker builds do not have the access to the survivability necessary for high sustained damage. Especially when compared to the 0/30/30/10/0 Theif, where you can spec for huge crits from stealth, long stealth duration, great AoE damage on weapon swap, good condition removal, and probably more. NONSENSE I TELL YOU.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Kal Snow – Norn Guardian

Lightning Reflexes

in Ranger

nagymbear.5280

Berserker builds do not have the access to the survivability necessary for high sustained damage. Especially when compared to the 0/30/30/10/0 Theif, where you can spec for huge crits from stealth, long stealth duration, great AoE damage on weapon swap, good condition removal, and probably more. NONSENSE I TELL YOU.

While this is true berserker is not about sustained damage, its about burst spikes. Its just that rangers have to work much harder for it (its basically “dat maul build”). And berserker thieves don’t have sustained damage either. Its short bursts, but they do have better tools to save their kitten , I agree with that.

Lightning Reflexes

in Ranger

Fomby.4295

While this is true berserker is not about sustained damage, its about burst spikes. Its just that rangers have to work much harder for it (its basically “dat maul build”). And berserker thieves don’t have sustained damage either. Its short bursts, but they do have better tools to save their kitten , I agree with that.

Right, but devs such as Robert Hondura claim that rangers are supposed to be sustained damage.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Kal Snow – Norn Guardian

Lightning Reflexes

in Ranger

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

it could easily be reduced by 15 seconds without it being OP.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

Lightning Reflexes

in Ranger

Posted by: Pure Heart.1456

Pure Heart.1456

Here’s a great Ranger burst;
Pop Might (with Cat Pet Skill or Rampage as One Elite Skill)
Pop Zephyr
Pop Skill 2 on Long Bow

Lightning Reflexes

in Ranger

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

Yeah, our skills/spells compared to Thief or Warrior really looks and IS pathetic.
Most of their stuff does twice more. lol? No laugh, we cry instead. And we have the point to do so… =(

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

Lightning Reflexes

in Ranger

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

Pop Zephyr
Pop Skill 2 on Long Bow

That’s all fine and dandy but sitting beside a kitty while it does it’s 3 second animation to get it’s mouth open and roar isn’t exactly practical on many situations.
Haha, that’s actually really depressing Wonder who was the mastermind behind the pet design?

All is vain.

Lightning Reflexes

in Ranger

Fomby.4295

Pop Zephyr
Pop Skill 2 on Long Bow

That’s all fine and dandy but sitting beside a kitty while it does it’s 3 second animation to get it’s mouth open and roar isn’t exactly practical on many situations.
Haha, that’s actually really depressing Wonder who was the mastermind behind the pet design?

An idiot. My pet STILL bugs and doesn’t activate its skill all the time when I press the button.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Kal Snow – Norn Guardian

Lightning Reflexes

in Ranger

Posted by: Lorelei.3918

Lorelei.3918

Lightning Reflexes would be perfect if it broke immobilize and stun. No need to mess with CD.

Lightning Reflexes

in Ranger

nagymbear.5280

Lightning Reflexes would be perfect if it broke immobilize and stun. No need to mess with CD.

It does break stun. It should remove movement impairing conditions as well, I agree. And I don’t think you need a cd reduction either.

Lightning Reflexes

in Ranger

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

I love using it to counter fears. It’s so hilarious to watch a necromancer try to fear me away only to get right back up in his face.

NSPride <3

Lightning Reflexes

in Ranger

Sube Dai.8496

Pop Zephyr
Pop Skill 2 on Long Bow

An idiot. My pet STILL bugs and doesn’t activate its skill all the time when I press the button.

F2 lags because pets have to finish casting their own skill first. The trick is to hit f3 first which will disengage them immediately, and then hit f2 which they will also do immediately. Annoying but it works.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]