Lightning Reflexes - Break Immobilize

in Ranger

Posted by: jwaz.1908

jwaz.1908

As the title stats, Lightning Reflexes should break immobilize. This would strengthen rangers in terms of PvP survivability (especially against thieves 1v1), and would also allow squishier, glass cannon rangers to last longer in structured PvE environments.

Brom Svánigandr – Druid
Nemata Sapshield – Dragonhunter
Lillian Estre – Tempest

(edited by jwaz.1908)

in Ranger

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

Not a bad idea, not really OP either. I’m all for it.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in Ranger

Posted by: jan.9745

jan.9745

Agree and need a to reduce CD.
Like mesmer there phase retreat is only 10 sec CD

in Ranger

jwaz.1908

Agree and need a to reduce CD.
Like mesmer there phase retreat is only 10 sec CD

Phase retreat is a weapon skill though, but a CD reduction would be nice nonetheless.

If traited, you can reduce the CD to 36 seconds, which is still longer than other escape abilities such as blink. Lightning Reflexes is also a generally worse escape utility, since you’re forced backwards rather than forwards (or any other direction).

Brom Svánigandr – Druid
Lillian Estre – Tempest

in Ranger

Posted by: Gazden.5479

Gazden.5479

Yes please would love more Immobilize breaks!

Gaz – Ranger/Mesmer/Guard
[OiNK] [GNSD] [ROAM]
http://youtu.be/86abmB_7wNI <— Solo WvW Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

Immobilize is a condition, bring more condition removal….problem solved >.>

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Immobilize

Top right corner

Effect type
Condition
Stacking
Duration

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

in Ranger

Writetyper.1985

Immobilize is a condition, bring more condition removal….problem solved >.>

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Immobilize

Top right corner

Effect type
Condition
Stacking
Duration

All hail Nay of the Ether, high overlord of the bleeding obvious.

really bad engineer

in Ranger

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

Sadly, we’re lacking for active condition removal.

• Healing Spring
  • Brown Bear
  • Signet of Renewal

Ranger is the only class that has only 1 utility for condition removal, and that is including the classes that have heals that remove conditions. Elementalist kicks our butt with a heal, 4 utilities, and weapon skills that all remove conditions … not to mention traits … geez.

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

in Ranger

Posted by: BlackhawkSOM.6401

BlackhawkSOM.6401

You can always change the title anytime you want. Yes light reflexes should cure the condi immobilize it looks to awkward when you use it while immobilized.

Retuxan-80 Ranger-Rank 40
Jade quarry, MoG

in Ranger

Sebrent.3625

I agree that it should do both as well. First, because without it having an immobilize it eliminates the mobility aspect of the utility. Second, because, as I showed, the Ranger has only 1 utility that removes conditions … and it requires your pet to be nearby and alive.

Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

in Ranger

jwaz.1908

It would also just make perfect sense, that an ability that shoots you back with a crack of lightning would break you free of webs or vines.

And the problem with condition removal, is that you can’t choose which condition you cure, so instead of removing the immobilize you might accidentally remove the bleeding instead.

Brom Svánigandr – Druid
Lillian Estre – Tempest

in Ranger

jwaz.1908

You can always change the title anytime you want. Yes light reflexes should cure the condi immobilize it looks to awkward when you use it while immobilized.

Thanks! I was unaware that you could change topic titles……

Brom Svánigandr – Druid
Lillian Estre – Tempest

in Ranger

Posted by: Bailey.6892

Bailey.6892

Would like it if we could have a few variants of the skill. Take the suggestions above, redue the cool down a lot and then add the following. Lightning Reflex right, left, backward, forward, for ward right, forward left, backwards left, backwards right.

This would mean we are still stuck with going one direction but we could choose what direction we want to have on our hotbar. And if enemys became familiar with us we could slot a different direction. This would also make it so it was a lightning reflex and not a slow ground target type move etc.

in Ranger

Posted by: MrLT.6028

MrLT.6028

Sadly, we’re lacking for active condition removal.

• Healing Spring
  • Brown Bear
  • Signet of Renewal

Ranger is the only class that has only 1 utility for condition removal, and that is including the classes that have heals that remove conditions. Elementalist kicks our butt with a heal, 4 utilities, and weapon skills that all remove conditions … not to mention traits … geez.

Ele only has two utilities that remove conditions (1 active – cleansing fire, 1 passive signet of water), 5 if traited using two water traits.

But for total skills that remove conditions
Staff – Healing Rain – Water 5
Dagger offhand – Cleansing Wave – Water 5
Focus Offhand – Magnetic Wave – Earth 4

Heals:
Ether Renewal
Glyph of Elemental harmony in water with water trait XI

Utilities
Cleansing Fire
Signet of water
Mist form with water traits III and XI
Lightning Flash with water traits III and XI
Armor of Earth with water Traits III and Xi

With traits
Attune swap to water – Water V – Condition cure when switching to water
Dodge roll in water with Arcana XI

Most of these will also remove multiple conditions with traits.

And I play ranger alot and it could definitely use a little more active condition removal.
But empathic bond is pretty good, so there is that.

Caritas Æternum [BT]
80 Human Ele
#magswag

in Ranger

jwaz.1908

Would like it if we could have a few variants of the skill. Take the suggestions above, redue the cool down a lot and then add the following. Lightning Reflex right, left, backward, forward, for ward right, forward left, backwards left, backwards right.

This would mean we are still stuck with going one direction but we could choose what direction we want to have on our hotbar. And if enemys became familiar with us we could slot a different direction. This would also make it so it was a lightning reflex and not a slow ground target type move etc.

Interesting idea, I think it might work better though if Lightning Reflexes acted like a dodge roll, and sent you in the direction your moving (or the direction you point your arrow keys).

Brom Svánigandr – Druid
Lillian Estre – Tempest

in Ranger

Posted by: RummyTheMad.7290

RummyTheMad.7290

Man…I sure would like it if LR removed immobilize as well. It would be truly amazing.

From a balance/build diversity perspective though, this would make LR a must have utility for every build which they are most likely trying to avoid.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryan.8367

Ryan.8367

“But empathic bond is pretty good, so there is that.”

Not really, if you’re BM it may be alright because your pet can take the 3 condi you dumb onto it. But that’s all it is though,remember you’re still giving condi to your other half essentially. To me that in no way classifies as complete condition removal like other classes get and I will always argue this. but to each his own.

Tanbin 80 Ranger
Maguuma

in Ranger

Posted by: Bailey.6892

Bailey.6892

Interesting idea, I think it might work better though if Lightning Reflexes acted like a dodge roll, and sent you in the direction your moving (or the direction you point your arrow keys).

Thanks, it may be although have a friend who is handicapped and playing one handed so that’s why I came up with the slotted direction idea. Not as much control as your idea, although better than we have and with out it being more than a click or button push. Either way would be fine tho.

in Ranger

Sebrent.3625

Heck, it would make it a bit more like Thief’s Roll for Initiative. Have it remove only those particular conditions.

Better yourself.

in Ranger

Writetyper.1985

“But empathic bond is pretty good, so there is that.”

Not really, if you’re BM it may be alright because your pet can take the 3 condi you dumb onto it. But that’s all it is though,remember you’re still giving condi to your other half essentially. To me that in no way classifies as complete condition removal like other classes get and I will always argue this. but to each his own.

Empathic bond is bugged (since launch) and the conditions are just removed, they’re not transferred to your pet at all.

really bad engineer

in Ranger

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Empathic bond is bugged (since launch) and the conditions are just removed, they’re not transferred to your pet at all.

Not anymore. It was nerfed fixed in a recent update. Your pet now takes 3 conditions from you every 10 seconds.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Ranger

Writetyper.1985

Not anymore. It was nerfed fixed in a recent update. Your pet now takes 3 conditions from you every 10 seconds.

Well that’s news to me and it certainly changes things. I did feel like my pet was dying a bit quicker recently, that must be it.

Frankly I hate how all our condition removal besides healing spring is at the expense of the pet.

really bad engineer

in Ranger

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

You can still simply switch your pets out to cure them every 10 seconds.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Ranger

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

The immobilize is really a problem. We don’t have good on the spot condition removal, we just have stuff that takes away a condition every x seconds. This is worthless against immobilize.

I indeed think it should cleanse crippled and immobilized together with breaking stuns. That wouldn’t be asked too much at all and not force us to take signet of reneval anyway leaving us with more slots and thus a higher build variety.

Another solution would be giving us the warrior trait “Mobile Strikes” that breakes Immobilize when using movement skills. Would work for Swoop, nearly every sword skill, SB 3 and of course Lightning Reflexes. Still you would have to invest into the trait just like warrior which can be a hard decision dependent on where they put it.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

I think LR should also have a recharge of 15 to balance it out with the Thief heal.

in Ranger

Sebrent.3625

The immobilize is really a problem. We don’t have good on the spot condition removal, we just have stuff that takes away a condition every x seconds. This is worthless against immobilize.

I indeed think it should cleanse crippled and immobilized together with breaking stuns. That wouldn’t be asked too much at all and not force us to take signet of reneval anyway leaving us with more slots and thus a higher build variety.

Another solution would be giving us the warrior trait “Mobile Strikes” that breakes Immobilize when using movement skills. Would work for Swoop, nearly every sword skill, SB 3 and of course Lightning Reflexes. Still you would have to invest into the trait just like warrior which can be a hard decision dependent on where they put it.

Our issue with immobilize is why I’m leaning more and more towards Runes of Melandru and Lemongrass for my Ranger. It’s actually one of “pros” for my Ranger and “cons” for my Mesmer as the Ranger doesn’t have to rely on Runes of the Centaur so can use Runes of Melandru.

Better yourself.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kiran.2705

Kiran.2705

Look at me! I can state the obvious! Aren’t I smartz?

Please stop posting.

As for the topic at hand, I’m all for lightning reflexes removing a condition, or even two. Given it’s massive CD, I don’t see why it shouldn’t do more. I love lightning reflexes and it’s saved me more than once, but it still has some gaping flaws that hold back its true potential. For the love of god, let us have one decent escape. I don’t want to have to burn both lightning reflexes AND healing spring just to clear a few disables.

in Ranger

Posted by: ehjhey.1894

ehjhey.1894

lol it’s funny. I keep trying to use lightning reflexes to break stun almost like second nature….OBVIOUSLY this needs to happen >:o

in Ranger

Sebrent.3625

lol it’s funny. I keep trying to use lightning reflexes to break stun almost like second nature….OBVIOUSLY this needs to happen >:o

It does break stuns. However, I imagine what you’re experiencing is the Thief’s basilisk venom which, for some unknown reason, has an innate immobilize as well that’s unintended. This was mentioned in the last State of the Game interview with the developers and they are aware of it and have it on someone’s plate to fix.

Better yourself.