Lightning Reflexes Buff

Lightning Reflexes Buff

in Ranger

Posted by: Nihevil.8024

Nihevil.8024

Wouldn’t be pretty sweet if Lightning Reflexes removed Cripple, Chill, and immobilize on cast? Ya’know like the skills Withdraw and Roll for Initiative. Or am I asking for too much?

Elitism in Guild Wars 2. http://i.imgur.com/ZGnzBCI.gif

Lightning Reflexes Buff

in Ranger

Posted by: nica.5829

nica.5829

Careful, some people are offended by logic.

Lightning Reflexes Buff

in Ranger

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

If the devs are reading.

For the umpteeth time, it needs to cleanse all snares before rolling back, stun the target, and have the damage removed.

Lightning Reflexes Buff

in Ranger

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

You are not alone in this thought my friend. =)

Lightning Reflexes Buff

in Ranger

Nihevil.8024

If the devs are reading.

For the umpteeth time, it needs to cleanse all snares before rolling back, stun the target, and have the damage removed.

What’s wrong with the damage? I don’t see the reason of removing it.

Lightning Reflexes Buff

in Ranger

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

If the devs are reading.

Well if the above was added some might consider it OP if it had damage, even though it does next to nothing =p. I agree with the stun tbh, I mean it called “lighting” reflexes. kind of makes sense to stun the target. Also curing immob,cripple,chill should have been a given at release. Maybe they will do something on dec 10th with it that they didn’t show it the preveiw

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.

Lightning Reflexes Buff

in Ranger

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

If the devs are reading.

Because it’s pointless. I’ve ran LR since beta and I’ve never ever killed anyone with it. No one in their right mind would use it as a source of damage nor is it a deterrent to the attacker.

It’s a defensive utility and I’d take a stun on target over damage any day.

Lightning Reflexes Buff

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

If the devs are reading.

Because it’s pointless. I’ve ran LR since beta and I’ve never ever killed anyone with it. No one in their right mind would use it as a source of damage nor is it a deterrent to the attacker.

Shoot, my bar is set even lower than that, I’d even take just a daze. The damage is just so pointless.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

Lightning Reflexes Buff

in Ranger

Posted by: Soilder.3607

Soilder.3607

Omg, if LR got condition removal and a stun I’d be in love.

Stormbluff Isle

Lightning Reflexes Buff

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

If the devs are reading.

The other problem is the devs take into account things like the (insignificant) damage packet when adding effects and tweaking timers for skills. Dropping it makes it more likely to get a good bonus effect that matters without having to suffer a longer cool down to get it.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Lightning Reflexes Buff

in Ranger

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Loving the idea I’m seeing here. Imagine if it removed 2 conditions off us along with rolling back and the stun. It’d be the first step into letting us have more condition removal actives…the 2nd step being to change Signet of Renewal’s active effect to just cleansing 2-3 conditions off of us, our pet, and 4 other players. With those two steps, we’d be set on active condition removal, IMO.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Lightning Reflexes Buff

in Ranger

Posted by: faeral.7120

faeral.7120

while this would be sweet, LR is already a great utility that sees a lot of play.

i would prefer for things like Muddy Terrain, Sharpening Stone & every one of our Shouts to see fixes to increase their viability.

Lightning Reflexes Buff

in Ranger

Posted by: Taushullu.6180

Taushullu.6180

What if instead of removing the damage component, it would be a guaranteed critical hit? This way you could get some interesting combinations with on crit sigils.

Also agree on the skill removing slowing conditions.

Lightning Reflexes Buff

in Ranger

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

Not gonna happen. Would make too much sense to remove immobilize.

All is vain.

Lightning Reflexes Buff

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I don’t care about any other side benefits other than removing immobilize. Completely-100%-no-options shuts down a melee ranger. Warriors have super easy access to breaking immobilize, presumably because they need that to melee…

Lightning Reflexes Buff

in Ranger

Posted by: achensherd.2735

achensherd.2735

+1 on removing immobilize. Makes so much sense for LR to have it that it hurts. I hate having to pop HS or add Prayer to Kormir to my skill bar just to remove immobilize.

As for the damage component possibly being removed as a “balance”, I think the only thing I’ve ever killed with it was a grub in Queensdale, and I wasn’t even intending for it to, so I really don’t care.

Lightning Reflexes Buff

in Ranger

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

IMO the best thing they could do to the skill is drastically reduce the CD, to something like 20s.

Lightning Reflexes Buff

in Ranger

Posted by: Solandri.9640

Solandri.9640

while this would be sweet, LR is already a great utility that sees a lot of play.

It sees a lot of play because for the first 6 months of the game, it was the ranger’s only stun break. The other stun breaks they added have issues:

• Protect Me – needs pet to be alive to be effective (though I believe the sun break works independently).
  • Signet of Renewal – needs pet to be alive and in range to be effective (though I believe the stun break works independently).
  • Quickening Zephyr – Reduces healing by 50% for 6 sec, which is probably the last thing you want if you’ve just been forced to use a stun break.

Lightning Reflexes also has a 40 sec cooldown (32 sec if traited) vs 60 sec for the above three.

It has some nice perks for a stun break (10s vigor, evade during the jump back). But I think people’s issue with LR is that many of the other classes’ stun breaks are skills you would load anyway if it weren’t a stun break. They just have the bonus of a stun break added – Stand Your Ground for stability, Shake It Off for condition removal, Infiltrators Signet for initiative regen, Mist Form for invulnerability, the Necro condition removal skills.

If LR weren’t a stun break, the skill would never be loaded. The vigor, evade, and damage just aren’t enough to make it a viable skill by itself. In that context, LR is a weak skill for a stun break, and making it an active condition removal makes sense.

Lightning Reflexes Buff

in Ranger

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

Anet, add entangle removal at least, it nullifies this ability!!! (Cant dodge either while entangled so vigor no help…)

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

Lightning Reflexes Buff

in Ranger

Nihevil.8024

Guess anet doesn’t read the ranger forums, heh.

Lightning Reflexes Buff

in Ranger

Posted by: Undeadkemea.4865

Undeadkemea.4865

+1 on it working like WIthdraw/Roll for Initiative. This is coming for a Thief player. I tried out Lightning Reflexes and cried a little on the inside xD

Lightning Reflexes Buff

in Ranger

Posted by: thrice.9184

thrice.9184

I’ve asked for this constantly and no reply from Anet.

What. so. ever.

Ranger put into Retirement due to Anet Abuse.
9/3/13 rip

Lightning Reflexes Buff

in Ranger

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

If the devs are reading.

Shoot, my bar is set even lower than that, I’d even take just a daze. The damage is just so pointless.

My bar is lower than that. I won’t even need a daze or stun. Just gimme stun break and snare removal.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant