Troll.4237

What if if broke immobilization aswell?

Would it be considered to good?
Would you use it?

Lightning reflexes

in Ranger

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

Lightning reflexes breaking immobilize was one of the most asked and logical buff people kept asking in here back in the days but think most have given up since the most ranger changes are irrational and seem completely random with little to no feedback listened from players. So why bother.

All is vain.

Lightning reflexes

in Ranger

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

It would make it worth taking again…

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Lightning reflexes

in Ranger

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

it should cleanse 3 conditions, evade backwards and grant 6 seconds of vigor. with a 36 second CD. If it did that, it would be perfect.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

Lightning reflexes

in Ranger

Posted by: Fomby.4295

Fomby.4295

Lightning reflexes breaking immobilize was one of the most asked and logical buff people kept asking in here back in the days but think most have given up since the most ranger changes are irrational and seem completely random with little to no feedback listened from players. So why bother.

Yep

Maguuma [PYRO]
Kal Snow – Norn Guardian

Lightning reflexes

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

it should cleanse 3 conditions, evade backwards and grant 6 seconds of vigor. with a 36 second CD. If it did that, it would be perfect.

3 random condis or 3 specific condis? I know I’d rather be able to use it to drop immob cripple chill EVERY time rather than a grab bag of 3, would also make it a lot more amazing for my great escape ability lol.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Lightning reflexes

in Ranger

Posted by: felixdacat.3804

felixdacat.3804

3 random condis or 3 specific condis? I know I’d rather be able to use it to drop immob cripple chill EVERY time rather than a grab bag of 3, would also make it a lot more amazing for my great escape ability lol.

I’d take it either way. But since the skill is called Lightning Reflexes, it probably should cleanse those three specifically. And then it would have a welcome spot on my utility bar where Signet of Renewal sits now.

Lightning reflexes

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

I’d take it either way. But since the skill is called Lightning Reflexes, it probably should cleanse those three specifically. And then it would have a welcome spot on my utility bar where Signet of Renewal sits now.

I know it’s on my bar atm but that’s more of a “I use LB and wanna be able to get back to range” sorta thing.

Lightning reflexes

in Ranger

Posted by: Sevans.4619

Sevans.4619

The skill is already pretty great. The damage is negligible and I’d like to see it be replaced with the ability to cleanse immob, cripple, and chill.

Saethe — Favorable Winds [Wind] — Maguuma

Lightning reflexes

in Ranger

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

The damage is negligible and I’d like to see it be replaced with the ability to cleanse immob, cripple, and chill.

Now that would be an idea I could get behind. I never understood why it had damage in the first place when your goal was to gtfo. That measley little love pat from it makes no difference. Swapping it for the 3 soft cc condis cleanse makes a whole lot more sense.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

Lightning reflexes

in Ranger

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I killed someone once with L.Reflex when I’ve been pricking around with it tpvp. It was kind of long time ago, but that was the first time when I’ve noticed this skill has a damage factor lol

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(edited by Rym.1469)

Lightning reflexes

in Ranger

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Either would be fine. We got tonns of passive removal, but we need active removals. And we need them now.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

Lightning reflexes

in Ranger

Posted by: aussieheals.6843

aussieheals.6843

The damage is negligible and I’d like to see it be replaced with the ability to cleanse immob, cripple, and chill.

Now that would be an idea I could get behind. I never understood why it had damage in the first place when your goal was to gtfo. That measley little love pat from it makes no difference. Swapping it for the 3 soft cc condis cleanse makes a whole lot more sense.

+1

15 char.

IGN: Aussie Archer

Lightning reflexes

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Lol personally I’d like to keep my damage because it actually does a fair amount of damage… But I wouldn’t be sad in the slightest if it was taken away for the condi removal.

Lightning reflexes

in Ranger

Posted by: Miflett.3472

Miflett.3472

I like this too. Cleansing cripple would be super valuable — a melee disengage, cc removal, and evade all lend to a defensive move.

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]

(edited by Miflett.3472)

Lightning reflexes

in Ranger

Posted by: Solandri.9640

Solandri.9640

The skill is already pretty great. The damage is negligible and I’d like to see it be replaced with the ability to cleanse immob, cripple, and chill.

I really wouldn’t call the skill “pretty great”. It’s ok at best. Put it this way: If Lighting Reflexes weren’t a stun break, would you ever load it? Moderate damage, 3/4 sec evade, a leap back, and 10 sec vigor on a 40 sec cooldown. Can be disabled by a knockdown (which kinda defeats the purpose of a stun break – not sure if this is a bug or intentional).

Compare to some of the other stun breaks in the game:

• 5 sec AOE stability (30 sec cooldown).
  • Convert all your conditions into boons (60 sec CD).
  • Teleport to target and AOE 3 sec burn (45 sec CD).
  • AOE condition removal (25 sec CD).
  • 8 sec stability and swiftness (40 sec CD).
  • 4 sec invulnerability (60 sec CD).
  • Increase initiative regen (basically use all skills 13% more), teleport to target (30 sec CD).
  • 6 sec stability and protection (90 sec CD).
  • 3 sec invulnerability, 66% speed boost (75 sec CD).
  • 25% increased movement speed, blind for 5 sec (30 sec CD).
  • teleport to target (30 sec CD).
  • 3 sec stealth and summon decoy illusion (40 sec CD).

I could go on but you get the picture. A lot of the other stun breaks in the game would be great or amazing skills even if you removed the stun break. Lightning Reflexes is rather meh in comparison. Giving it the condition cleanse you propose or even a general condition removal would merely bring it up to the level of other stun breaks.

Lightning reflexes

in Ranger

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

We obv need it to do damage.

Lightning reflexes

in Ranger

Posted by: Lexandro.1456

Lexandro.1456

Its nearly identical to the thives “roll for initiative” skill. I agree the damage should be completely removed because its pointless. Replace the damage with specific condition removal as suggested and it would be a great skill.

Currently its mediocre but im forced to use it in WvW because of all the AoE spells everywhere and with the nerf to basic stamina regen, rangers are now kitten for evasion tactics.