List of Soulbeast ''F'' Skills

in Ranger

Posted by: ProtoMarcus.7649

ProtoMarcus.7649

It would seem that the F1 and F2 Soulbeast skills (when melded) are the last 2 pet family skills, and the F3 is based on one of the 5 pet archetypes (which also affect the attribute bonuses)

That said, here’s a quick list of all the F1 & F2 skills for the melded Soulbeast (alphabetical order)
Note that while the skills are based on pet family skills, some may and will act differently for balance purposes

EDIT: The Soulbeast beast skills may have different values from the pet beast skills for balance purposes, I will update and link the skills themselves to the Soulbeast melded versions once I create the pages on the wiki!

Armor Fish

Bear

Bird

Canine

Devourer

Drake

Jacaranda * NEW PET *

Fanged Iboga * NEW PET *

Feline

Jellyfish

Moa

Porcine

Saurian

Shark

Smokescale

Spider

Wyvern

F3 (Beast) Skills & Pet Archetypes

• DEADLY Pets – Primal Cry
    Tap into your primal essence and unleash a debilitating roar.
    This is the Condi? Archetype
    Deadly pets grant +200 Condition Damage and +100 Precision when melded
  • VERSATILE Pets – Prelude Lash
    Pull foes toward you and bind them briefly
    This is the Support Archetype
    Versatile pets grant +200 Vitality and +225 Concentration when melded
  • SUPPORTIVE Pets – Spiritual Reprieve
    Restore health to your allies and grant them a reprieve from conditions
    This is the Healing Archetype
    Supportive pets grant +100 Vitality and +25% Outgoing Healing when melded
  • FEROCIOUS Pets – Worldly Impact
    Jump up and slam the ground beneath you, severely damaging nearby foes.
    This is the Power Archetype
    Ferocious pets grant +200 Power and +100 Ferocity when melded
  • STOUT Pets – Unflinching Fortitude
    Shrug off all movement-impairing conditions and become unflinching in the face of normal attacks.
    This is the Tank Archetype
    Stout pets grant +200 toughness and +100 vitality when melded

(edited by ProtoMarcus.7649)

in Ranger

ProtoMarcus.7649

Quick observation:

• Smokescales give us multi hit, multi evade ability (We Revs now boys) + 1s Knockdown
  • Devourers give us long evade + knockback
  • Porcines give us a 3s knockdown which is also a leap finisher and gap closer
  • Bears give us a 5s direct damage immunity
  • Canine give us extra cripple and a 2s knockdown

in Ranger

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

Drake, in addition to the big damage of Tail Swipe, also gives us an on-demand blast finisher.

Also, all that extra cc will come in handy for break bars.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

in Ranger

ProtoMarcus.7649

It seems non-meta pets will quickly become meta Soulbeast pets! Except for smokescale… It’s already meta and will stay that way!

in Ranger

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Probably the elite spec that give the most possibilities and open the most builds out there. I almost feel sad to see how much benefit the soulbeast gain from giving up the pets.

A question remain that maybe some testers could answer : Will traits that affect F2 skill on core ranger proc on F2 skills on soulbeast or on F3 (beast) skill?

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

Seeing from videos, the soulbeast F1-F3 skills are not exactly the same as pet source.

many of the pet single target attacks, got multiply target tooltip of at least 2-3, which means they have small aoe or cleave(like warrior skills). Some of the skills are a smaller version of the pet source(like the Wyvern wing buffet).

Leap and stun effects got reduced damage compare to pet source(like dog and pig leaps) but got CC, leap effect(400-450 range) and can hit more than One target. The single target damage skills like the pig’s maul, got a damage buff. I saw in viedo 1,742 damage tool tip(not sure on what gear stats) , it’s only 130 range but no big animation(like GS maul), so it can function as great burst option with dagger main or sword.

Basically, more cool combos that one might expect. Clean the dust out of your never used pets, to may be using them

in Ranger

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

So you don’t get to personally use the beast’s f2 skill?

So you can’t breathe lightning after you have eaten your riverdrake pal?

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Ranger

LughLongArm.5460

So you don’t get to personally use the beast’s f2 skill?

So you can’t breathe lightning after you have eaten your riverdrake pal?

No, but you can use Chomp for big damage and lifesteal, or tail swipe for aoe big damage and blast.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

The thing that interests me though is, how much added benefit will these bring? I mean, yes, the Ranger now gets these abilities, but the Ranger always had them, he just had to command a pet to use it. On the face of it, other than being “cool,” it’s actually a downside to shift these to the player character, because it means that while you’re doing them you can’t be doing other attacks, while on the pet they were fire-and-forget. Also, while you had a pet, it was drawing agro, taking hits, all that.

I’m interested to see what sort of benefits they are offering to make these abilities stronger than their pet versions, to make up for the various pet benefits we’re losing.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Ranger

LughLongArm.5460

The thing that interests me though is, how much added benefit will these bring? I mean, yes, the Ranger now gets these abilities, but the Ranger always had them, he just had to command a pet to use it. On the face of it, other than being “cool,” it’s actually a downside to shift these to the player character, because it means that while you’re doing them you can’t be doing other attacks, while on the pet they were fire-and-forget. Also, while you had a pet, it was drawing agro, taking hits, all that.

I’m interested to see what sort of benefits they are offering to make these abilities stronger than their pet versions, to make up for the various pet benefits we’re losing.

1) The ranger couldn’t control the pet abilities other than F2.
2)The beast mode version dont’ have cluncky telling animations.
3)The beastmode abilities scale with the ranger’s stats.
4) pet Defensive abilities will apply to you.
5)The beastmode version of the skills is not exactly the same, some of them are much better compared to source.

in Ranger

ProtoMarcus.7649

Some benefits would probably include the fact that they scale off the players attributes, and they are now ‘on demand’/ you have better control on them (and the finishers apply to you)

Also for pet tanking, I get what you mean, but we can still always un-merge! If you’re running low on sustain, un-merge, let pet get aggro, recover, and re-merge! (Maybe!)

EDIT: LughLongArm.5460 beat me to it, and with more benefits ahaha

in Ranger

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I assume you’ve pulled these from the wiki assuming the wiki/game under the assumption it’s the last two skills and you haven’t actually checked them in game?

It’s possible the upcoming balance patch will actually change the pet skills. It makes sense to go through all the core and HoT pet skills and look at exactly what the ranger is getting when they merge, so it would have also been a good time to say “this sucks let’s make it better”.

Maybe we will see some core pet skill changes that will be different from what’s in the game currently. Core pet skills are kind of like underwater combat skills – most haven’t been touched in years so this is the perfect opportunity to do some polish on them.

Another thing to keep in mind is the pets determine both the skills and the stat buffs. It’s very likely most players will avoid some skills because they are linked to pet which give undesirable stat buffs when merged (this would likely rule out any pet that gives defensive stats when merged from being used in raids). The PvE meta will end up favoring one, maybe two families and any pets outside of those families won’t be desired even if their merged skills are awesome.

(edited by Shiren.9532)

in Ranger

cafard.8953

Even without them being stronger, we get to use them more often with Beastform acting a bit as a third pet in cooldown terms. Say you want to go for cc and run with dog and wolf. Engage in Beastform and land the knockdown. Leave BF and your dog will land his own knockdown pretty much immediately. Then it’s got the immobilise F2. Swap to wolf for another knockdown and a Fear. By that time, BF should be available again with another knockdown. The extra availability of those skills should make for some cool rotations.

(add Quickdraw and a longbow, and the knockdown spam build might become hilarious)

Olaf Oakmane [KA]

(edited by cafard.8953)

in Ranger

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Some interesting points, thanks. I hope things work out that way.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Ranger

Posted by: Jabronee.9465

Jabronee.9465

Bristleback?? Cmon where is Bristleback!!

in Ranger

ProtoMarcus.7649

’’Saurian’’ is the name of the Bristleback family, even though he’s alone!

in Ranger

Posted by: Jabronee.9465

Jabronee.9465

Ahhh now i’m a happy ranger (evil smile)

in Ranger

Posted by: Karaha.3290

Karaha.3290

Ahhh now i’m a happy ranger (evil smile)

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Juvenile_Bristleback

If i got it right we will get two nice condi skills from Bristleback.
Sharpen spines, a less version of whetstones and Rain of Spikes, a small aoe that also hits with bleeding.

in Ranger

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

tailswipe soulbeast inc

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

This spec just looks absolutly amazing. Bears just became Meta.

All those bites, Ranger is going to become very kinky.

in Ranger

Posted by: AEFA.9035

AEFA.9035

It would seem that the F1 and F2 Soulbeast skills (when melded) are the last 2 pet family skills, and the F3 is based on one of the 5 pet archetypes (which also affect the attribute bonuses)

That said, here’s a quick list of all the F1 & F2 skills for the melded Soulbeast (alphabetical order)
Note that while the skills are based on pet family skills, some may and will act differently for balance purposes

Armor Fish

Bear

Bird

Canine

Devourer

Drake

Jacaranda

• F1 – Call Lightning
    Calls lightning to small area (15s CD, Five hits, 1 vuln per hit, ground targetted)
  • F2 – Photosynthesize
    Restore health, gain regen and remove (2) conditions
    (20s CD)

Fanged Iboga

• F1 – Crippling Anguish
    Launch a projectile that inflicts conditions
    (6s CD – 3 confusions, 1 torment)
  • F2 – Narcotic Spores
    Spit a glob of confusing spores at a foe, inflicting confusion for a while at that location.
    (15s CD, AoE 6 pulses, 1 confusion per pulse)

Feline

Jellyfish

Moa

Porcine

Saurian

Shark

Smokescale

Spider

Wyvern

F3 (Beast) Skills

• Deadly Pets – Primal Cry
    Tap into your primal essence and unleash a debilitating roar._
    (20s CD 3 Bleeds, 9 Vulns – 3 pulses, 1 bleed per pulse, 3 vulns per pulse)
    This is the Condi? Archetype – Attribute bonuses are Extra Precision and Extra Condition Damage
  • ??? Pets – Prelude Lash
    (25s CD)
    This is the Control Archetype
  • ??? Pets – Spiritual Reprieve
    (40s CD – mega heal burst + resistance 3s for 5 allies in a 600 radius)
  • ??? Pets – Worldly Impact
    (25s CD, high damage, leap finisher, 240 radius, 5 targets)
    This is the Power? AoE? Archetype

are these pet skills F1-F2 legit? its the actual skills that we will be getting per pet family when in beastmode? then F3 would be Beast skill depending on the pet family youre in, is that how it works?

Success is my only option, failure is not.

in Ranger

LughLongArm.5460

Armor Fish

Bear

Bird

Canine

Devourer

Drake

Jacaranda

• F1 – Call Lightning
    Calls lightning to small area (15s CD, Five hits, 1 vuln per hit, ground targetted)
  • F2 – Photosynthesize
    (20s CD)

Fanged Iboga

• F1 – Crippling Anguish
  • F2 – Narcotic Spores
    Spit a glob of confusing spores at a foe, inflicting confusion for a while at that location.

Feline

Jellyfish

Moa

Porcine

Saurian

Shark

Smokescale

Spider

Wyvern

F3 (Beast) Skills

This is the Condi? Archetype – Attribute bonuses are Extra Precision and Extra Condition Damage
    (25s CD)

are these pet skills F1-F2 legit? its the actual skills that we will be getting per pet family when in beastmode? then F3 would be Beast skill depending on the pet family youre in, is that how it works?

More or less, I commented here some differences between the pets core skills and the Soulbeast version. The F3 skill is not based on the pet family, but rather the pet “archetype” which will also determine the passive buff you are getting while in beastmode.

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Armor Fish

Bear

Bird

Canine

Devourer

Drake

Jacaranda

• F1 – Call Lightning
  • F2 – Photosynthesize
    (20s CD)

Fanged Iboga

• F1 – Crippling Anguish
  • F2 – Narcotic Spores

Feline

Jellyfish

Moa

Porcine

Saurian

Shark

Smokescale

Spider

Wyvern

F3 (Beast) Skills

(25s CD)

More or less, I commented here some differences between the pets core skills and the Soulbeast version. The F3 skill is not based on the pet family, but rather the pet “archetype” which will also determine the passive buff you are getting while in beastmode.

Apparently Fern Hound is classified as a support pet, where the other canines (maybe not hyena?) are classified as Power or Control.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

Do these skills share CDs with pet skills? If not, that’s really strong and pretty cool. It would encourage dancing in and out of beastmode.
What happens if the pet is dead, can you still meld with it?

It all comes down to traits also. If it has some good condi cleansing traits, you can forego other deffensive trait lines and go more offensive, making those offensive trait lines finally used in PvP. I’m eager to know more about those traits, sadly none of the youtubers has that info for us.
Hopefully those trash grandmaster traits get improved.

in Ranger

cafard.8953

Do these skills share CDs with pet skills?

Let’s not start giving them ideas?

Olaf Oakmane [KA]

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

Apparently Fern Hound is classified as a support pet, where the other canines (maybe not hyena?) are classified as Power or Control.

Makes sense and would make things a lot more interesting.

Possible F3 skills:

• brown bear = heal skill (+toughness/vitality)
  • murellow = condi skill (+condition damage/duration)
  • jaguar = damage skill (+precision/ferocity)
  • lynx = condi skill (+condition damage/duration)

in Ranger

LughLongArm.5460

Do these skills share CDs with pet skills? If not, that’s really strong and pretty cool. It would encourage dancing in and out of beastmode.

It all comes down to traits also. If it has some good condi cleansing traits, you can forego other deffensive trait lines and go more offensive, making those offensive trait lines finally used in PvP. I’m eager to know more about those traits, sadly none of the youtubers has that info for us.
Hopefully those trash grandmaster traits get improved.

We don’t know for sure, but it isn’t reasonable to let us manage skill cool downs we can’t control, and sometimes not even observe. The only pet skill we do control(F2) is not part of the beastmode kit. I’m almost sure pet skills and beastmode skills will not share a cool down.

Regarding the condi cleance, stances are a good start for sure(bear/ doly), also some pets will give beast mode condi clear and resistance(the little tree pet).

in Ranger

Posted by: Lévis.5489

Lévis.5489

I can already see all the pet nerfs we will get.

in Ranger

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

This spec just looks absolutly amazing. Bears just became Meta.

All those bites, Ranger is going to become very kinky.

Not so sure about the kinky bit, but I suppose when people start calling for nerfs Anet should offer them rabies jabs instead? Rangers are filthy animals after all!

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

in Ranger

Posted by: Kastiel.1947

Kastiel.1947

Does this mean that Rangers can basically use Rev’s Unrelenting Asault if they take smokescale?

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

We’re did this information come from. As far as I’m aware, only the pull and the ground stomp skills were shown to us?

Was there some additional release of info?

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

ProtoMarcus.7649

We’re did this information come from. As far as I’m aware, only the pull and the ground stomp skills were shown to us?

Was there some additional release of info?

Primal Cry, Spiritual Reprieve, Worldly Impact were used in a stream, and Prelude Lash is actually the first description shown in the soulbeast elite spec line, which was also quickly previewed in a stream

I’m missing the 5th one, which I suppose is related to non-heal support?
Kinda hoping for some AoE Stunbreak and Stability

(edited by ProtoMarcus.7649)

in Ranger

ProtoMarcus.7649

Update: Created wiki pages and added links to Iboga and Jacaranda pet skills, and the 4 known Beast (F3) skills

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Update: Created wiki pages and added links to Iboga and Jacaranda pet skills, and the 4 known Beast (F3) skills

Nice work, cheers!

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Saurian

Looking forward to try this one out a point blank range…

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

(edited by OGDeadHead.8326)

in Ranger

ProtoMarcus.7649

Saurian

Looking forward to try this one out a point blank range…

Wow. Mix that with a Trap Bomb and it should hurt a little

in Ranger

ProtoMarcus.7649

WP’s barrier video shows a bit of the new Blue Cheetah-like pet, and it would seem the F3 skill when melded is Prelude Lash (seen casted seconds later on the golems) – possibly hinting at this new pet’s F2 – probably a control skill? Perhaps Taunt? Feline with control skill, woohoo!

in Ranger

Posted by: Caeledh.5437

Caeledh.5437

Necrobeast!

in Ranger

Posted by: Starbreaker.6507

Starbreaker.6507

I’m assuming that Jacaranda is ths venus-fly trap looking thing they show in the video for Soulbeast?

in Ranger

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

Necrobeast!

I’m… ok with that.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

I’m assuming that Jacaranda is ths venus-fly trap looking thing they show in the video for Soulbeast?

No jacaranda is the gray flying root. The flowery thing is called an iboga. Those are 2 of the very first mobs you encounter when you play guild wars nightfall.

Jacaranda were mainly air magic elementalists which result to a pet in gw2 that strike with lightning magic.
While Iboga were mainly mesmers, translated in gw2 by a pet loading conditions on it’s foes. (especially confusion)

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

(edited by Dadnir.5038)

in Ranger

Posted by: Starbreaker.6507

Starbreaker.6507

No jacaranda is the gray flying root. The flowery thing is called an iboga. Those are 2 of the very first mobs you encounter when you play guild wars nightfall.

Jacaranda were mainly air magic elementalists which result to a pet in gw2 that strike with lightning magic.
While Iboga were mainly mesmers, translated in gw2 by a pet loading conditions on it’s foes. (especially confusion)

Ah, thanks for the clarification!

I vaguely remember some of of the mobs from Nightfall, but the way my memory works now I barely remember stuff from last week

in Ranger

Posted by: Caeledh.5437

Caeledh.5437

Necrobeast!

I’m… ok with that.

I was only joking, of course, but now I want it.

in Ranger

cafard.8953

Necrobeast!

I’m… ok with that.

I was only joking, of course, but now I want it.

Beastshroud, eh?

Olaf Oakmane [KA]

in Ranger

ProtoMarcus.7649

Edited to add all the archetypes! WIth a description of the attribute bonuses – I’m now currently working on creating and maintaining ALL Soulbeast skills on the wiki, I’ll eventually link the skills listed here to the appropriate Soulbeast versions, as some numbers are tweaked on the soulbeast for balance purposes.