Longbow 3 Hunter's Shot

Longbow 3 Hunter's Shot

in Ranger

Posted by: Sergo.2867

Sergo.2867

I feel like I’m not getting the most out of Hunter’s Shot. I only use it before stomping certain classes, or in a last-ditch (usually too late) attempt to get out of a fight.

When do you use Longbow 3?

Do you ever do it just to swift your pet?

Geros Rainhall, Warrior, et. al.
Tarnished Coast

Longbow 3 Hunter's Shot

in Ranger

Posted by: Hepatolith.6389

Hepatolith.6389

i usually use it to reposition myself when i get pressured too much and weaponswap is on CD. 3 seconds is not long for sure, but it’s enough to get into a more comfortable spot till weaponswap is ready.
Or i use it to get a more or less safe Barrage out to get better control over the fight by creating kind of a “safe” zone

Cayline Oakheart, Ranger – Drakkar Lake
Covenant of Bloodthirst [IvsI],
Favorable Winds [Wind]

Longbow 3 Hunter's Shot

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

I use it only under 3 conditions.

#I see an enemy targeting me and trying to enclose (point blank distance is too-late) for reposition.
#I want to set up the Barrage>Rapid Fire combo successfully
#I want to use a finisher on my downed enemy

This is an utility ability. I use it for such purposes. Also – I look for the easiest target to be hit when using Hunter’s Shot. Engie Turrets are one of the best possible since you won’t miss them (stationary) and are unable to obtain Aegis.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

Longbow 3 Hunter's Shot

in Ranger

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

Air/Fire sigil procs have been breaking Hunter’s Shot since the patch. Has this always been the case?

Longbow 3 Hunter's Shot

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Going to go out on a limb here and say I’m a newb, but why this combo? Is it to proc a sigil / effect to slow?

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

Longbow 3 Hunter's Shot

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

Going to go out on a limb here and say I’m a newb, but why this combo? Is it to proc a sigil / effect to slow?

It’s actually much more complex and easier.
You – as a Power Ranger – would most probably be at range (which means no Guard / warrior cleave knockdowns) – and the only way to stop this combo would be stuns and dazes.
Which need a target.

And if you use Hunter’s Shot as 1st – it will give you 3 seconds of stealth – and Barrage starts dealing damage after 1,5 second… And takes 2 seconds to cast … Which is ridiculously short time for the enemy to react – 90% resulting in successful (at least) barrage.

If they can’t see it coming – they won’t be able to stop it. Easy as that =)
No nuclear physics in that.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

Longbow 3 Hunter's Shot

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Tragic, thanks. Makes sense.

Just goes to show that I use it somewhat incorrectly In fact, I just started to use LB 3 a bit more tactfully now also. I guess when you learn something new each day, even in a virtual world, it is a good thing.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

Longbow 3 Hunter's Shot

in Ranger

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Thats a good skill. They drop target (excelent in large scale) and you can make 3 seconds of distance. Open with a knock back and make mor space and win a little more time.

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

Longbow 3 Hunter's Shot

in Ranger

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

I use it for stomping, avoiding focused fire, repositioning myself or ressing downed friend. I think it’s extremely useful and helps you to learn to be more aware of what’s going on and who you are hitting (Los, aegis, invul etc.).

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

Longbow 3 Hunter's Shot

in Ranger

Posted by: Binx.4610

Binx.4610

Wait rangers have a LB 3? I thought it was only 1 and 2, kitten what am I gonna do in higher MMR when they use more than just those abilities, they are already dumb.

Longbow 3 Hunter's Shot

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

I use it also if im far away to get the pet closer and faster pet movement during the swap>leap for the wolf or feline f2.

speeds up the leap movement.