Longbow 4 is too confusing, please remove

in Ranger

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

I’m finding that a lot of rangers don’t know when to appropriately use their longbow #4 knockback skill, and tend to use it off cooldown, even if it knocks the enemy out of dozens of aoe fields from other players. They must be confused by the complexity of the ranger class and have information overload by having an attack that has the ability to reposition enemies where desired.

In the spirit of the New Player Experience™, perhaps the knockback portion of the skill can be reworked into an immobilize effect, or removed altogether to make the skill less confusing for the ranger playerbase.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Play with better rangers then.

in Ranger

Posted by: Yelloweyedemon.2860

Yelloweyedemon.2860

I’m finding that a lot of rangers don’t know when to appropriately use their longbow #4 knockback skill, and tend to use it off cooldown, even if it knocks the enemy out of dozens of aoe fields from other players. They must be confused by the complexity of the ranger class and have information overload by having an attack that has the ability to reposition enemies where desired.

In the spirit of the New Player Experience™, perhaps the knockback portion of the skill can be reworked into an immobilize effect, or removed altogether to make the skill less confusing for the ranger playerbase.

You know you can always ask for experienced players on pug groups. Even then, there’s the kick button.

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Yeah remove mesmers’ illusionary wave too. That’s about 5x worse but thankfully mesmers are rare.

Or warriors hammer whirly knockback skill.

Or guardians hammer launch, so annoying when trying to stomp.

Or necros fear mark.

in Ranger

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Yeah remove mesmers’ illusionary wave too. That’s about 5x worse but thankfully mesmers are rare.

Or necros fear mark.

or any of engis million random sources of knockback

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in Ranger

Devildoc.6721

Or necros fear mark.

Those classes player bases don’t seem to be confused about the appropriate uses of those skills.

in Ranger

Devildoc.6721

Play with better rangers then.

If I could kick the rangers out of Landscape zones, I would, but I can’t, and asking them to not use their knockback when there’s half a dozen aoe fields on the mob and a dozen people beating on it in melee range just tends to fall on deaf ears.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

give up doc , its a new player issue not a skill issue , its simple enough already it does one thing, and anything else timing knowing when to play PBS is just common sense / gained experience to know when to use it, its no confusing this thread is already dead.

in Ranger

Yelloweyedemon.2860

Or necros fear mark.

Those classes player bases don’t seem to be confused about the appropriate uses of those skills.

Inexperienced players don’t know how to use their class correctly, so you seriously suggest to remove their options.

You must be a pretty awesome player yourself as well^^

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

If you have never seen a mesmer illusionary wave stacked NPCs then you are crying over nothing.

" omg ranger ruin my 5v1 against pve mob :-( "

in Ranger

Devildoc.6721

Or necros fear mark.

Inexperienced players don’t know how to use their class correctly, so you seriously suggest to remove their options.

I see it most consistently with rangers.

Basically if I see a ranger with a longbow out in a PVE zone I pretty much assume they’re the kind of player the NPE was designed for, just my experience with them.

in Ranger

Posted by: michael.6294

michael.6294

90% of my use of longbow 4 is to annoy people by knocking kitten out of their range or aoe circles.

“Never bring a knife to a gun fight.”

in Ranger

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

Or necros fear mark.

Basically if I see a ranger with a longbow out in a PVE zone I pretty much assume they’re the kind of player the NPE was designed for, just my experience with them.

I’d say at this point with the renewed appeal of ranger that is increasing the number you see, but you yourself might also be selectively remembering the rangers over other offenders.

What’s next lower all damage (for everyone) so no one can burn down a target when they see others coming to engage?

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Ranger

Yelloweyedemon.2860

Or necros fear mark.

And because of that you are posting on ranger forum that a very usefull skill should be removed because you don’t like it. As I said, you must be beyond awesome!

in Ranger

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

I’m with Doc in this one as this is extremely irritating. I swear if this game had a “insta beeyotch-slap the ninny who just pulled/knocked my target away”-grandmaster trait I’d be putting all my points into that traitline.

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

in Ranger

Posted by: wauwi.9162

wauwi.9162

I couldn’t laugh at this, even tho, the OP startet out promising enough.

3/10. “Almost entertaining”

[EU/GER]Elona’s Reach: Aerrith: Lv80 Ranger / Sephirra: Lv80 Mesmer
“Only the finest of potatoes in my zerkburgers.”

in Ranger

Devildoc.6721

Or necros fear mark.

And because of that you are posting on ranger forum that a very usefull skill should be removed because you don’t like it. As I said, you must be beyond awesome!

Nah I’m asking for the behavior of the skill to change, just the knockback portion. Knockdown might be good, or stun, or immobilize. But what I’m seeing is that rangers don’t know how to appropriately use the skill designed for repositioning when it’s advantageous to, but rather they use it inappropriately when it’s NOT advantageous to..

Someone drops meteor showers and lightning storms those are 30-60s cooldown aoes. You knock the mob out of those circles that damage is just lost.

Now if rangers actually knew what they were doing, they’d see those aoe circles and knock a mob that’s NOT in them into them, or knock a mob against the wall so that warriors can whirlwind attack them for more damage.

in Ranger

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Or necros fear mark.

Nah I’m asking for the behavior of the skill to change, just the knockback portion. Knockdown might be good, or stun, or immobilize. But what I’m seeing is that rangers don’t know how to appropriately use the skill designed for repositioning when it’s advantageous to, but rather they use it inappropriately when it’s NOT advantageous to..

Someone drops meteor showers and lightning storms those are 30-60s cooldown aoes. You knock the mob out of those circles that damage is just lost.

Now if rangers actually knew what they were doing, they’d see those aoe circles and knock a mob that’s NOT in them into them, or knock a mob against the wall so that warriors can whirlwind attack them for more damage.

its desgined for Multipul use, Repostioning/interruption/distance gaining.

the pushing back is the Lb’s only methord of gaining ground without swapping weapons or using a 48sec Lighting reflex cooldown/ muddy terrain and Sword main hand leaping away or even gs leap away(but that goes against the combat style of the greatsword)

Soon enough those rangers will learn to use it in many situations and its uses are nearly limitless outside of the target blocking/reflecting/dodging/ and having stabilitiy.

its not confusing just difficult to utilise when they lack the knowledge or just play lazy( aka very relaxed/casual) its not the skills fault and i’d rather not see it changed in anyway, rangers already have enough soft CC and Limited Hard CC removing or changing its funtion to a KD or Immobo condi would make LB a worthless weapon with no skill to gap widen and huntershot is not enough to widen a gap enough with 3sec stealth to be considered a strong defence skill for the weapon.

i don’t see anything happening with this skill just because it annoys some Melee players that Over walk past the targets or chase after a target that is likely to die rather than move to a closer target.

Warroirs in gw1 during its first few months close to a year, didn’t learn to play effectively vs targets out of their reach and they would Wade too deep into the fray only to relise they have stretched the Melee combat styles Limits.

and being annoyed about a Push back , Hits that Limit and a combat style that don’t support it will struggle/player gets annoyed because he can’t reach the target.

just move onto a closer target rather than wasting your time focusing on a target you can’t reach.

in Ranger

Devildoc.6721

Or necros fear mark.

its desgined for Multipul use, Repostioning/interruption/distance gaining.

the pushing back is the Lb’s only methord of gaining ground without swapping weapons or using a 48sec Lighting reflex cooldown/ muddy terrain and Sword main hand leaping away or even gs leap away(but that goes against the combat style of the greatsword)

Soon enough those rangers will learn to use it in many situations and its uses are nearly limitless outside of the target blocking/reflecting/dodging/ and having stabilitiy.

its not confusing just difficult to utilise when they lack the knowledge or just play lazy( aka very relaxed/casual) its not the skills fault and i’d rather not see it changed in anyway, rangers already have enough soft CC and Limited Hard CC removing or changing its funtion to a KD or Immobo condi would make LB a worthless weapon with no skill to gap widen and huntershot is not enough to widen a gap enough with 3sec stealth to be considered a strong defence skill for the weapon.

i don’t see anything happening with this skill just because it annoys some Melee players that Over walk past the targets or chase after a target that is likely to die rather than move to a closer target.

Warroirs in gw1 during its first few months close to a year, didn’t learn to play effectively vs targets out of their reach and they would Wade too deep into the fray only to relise they have stretched the Melee combat styles Limits.

and being annoyed about a Push back , Hits that Limit and a combat style that don’t support it will struggle/player gets annoyed because he can’t reach the target.

just move onto a closer target rather than wasting your time focusing on a target you can’t reach.

Since subtlety wasn’t working the “confusing” thing was a joke about the NPE. Basically I’m saying that most rangers I see in the world aren’t very bright.

in Ranger

Posted by: Cuchullain.3104

Cuchullain.3104

Rangers are not the only ones who abuse knockbacks (or poorly timed use of fears) to drive mobs out of aoe. I do agree they seem to be the worst offenders but removing a critical (if crappy due to 1/2 second “wind up”) skill is not the answer. As with every other class people have to learn to play properly though some jerks clearly abuse it just to get a rise out of people who complain. Sometimes people just push the wrong button.

In WvW I simply accept that commanders have to waypoint out of a fight and then run a mile ahead of everyone while screaming “Keep tight!” and some rangers are gonna knockback spam. It doesn’t make any sense but some laws of the cosmos are immutable.

(edited by Cuchullain.3104)

in Ranger

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Since subtlety wasn’t working the “confusing” thing was a joke about the NPE. Basically I’m saying that most rangers I see in the world aren’t very bright.

That’s not very nice to say to the people on the Ranger forum. If you think most Rangers aren’t very bright, what do you hope to accomplish by posting in this forum?

Knockback skills add an interesting aspect to the game and should not be diminished or removed. PvE and Dungeons are designed for new players to become familiar with skills and gameplay so it’s safe to expect players to make mistakes.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in Ranger

Devildoc.6721

Rangers are not the only ones who abuse knockbacks (or poorly timed use of fears) to drive mobs out of aoe. I do agree they seem to be the worst offenders but removing a critical (if crappy due to 1/2 second “wind up”) skill is not the answer. As with every other class people have to learn to play properly though some jerks clearly abuse it just to get a rise out of people who complain. Sometimes people just push the wrong button.

In WvW I simply accept that commanders have to waypoint out of a fight and then run a mile ahead of everyone while screaming “Keep tight!” and some rangers are gonna knockback spam. It doesn’t make any sense but some laws of the cosmos are immutable.

Maybe not the only, but the most consistent about it the past few months. It was annoying in Mad King’s labyrinth too, the door events where you had to kill all remaining foes where everyone just stacked aoe and cleaved with melee weapons to wipe them out? Rangers consistantly knocked enemies out of aoe, even out of their own barrages.

I can only imagine they were facerolling. Literally facerolling across the keyboard. Not putting any thought whatsoever into what they were doing.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

That’s not very nice to say to the people on the Ranger forum. If you think most Rangers aren’t very bright, what do you hope to accomplish by posting in this forum?

Knockback skills add an interesting aspect to the game and should not be diminished or removed. PvE and Dungeons are designed for new players to become familiar with skills and gameplay so it’s safe to expect players to make mistakes.

He’s not wrong though. There’s so many Rangers compared to other classes, that you tend to see inexperienced calls made by them more than you see from other classes. In WvW I see noobish tendencies from all professions, But way more so from Rangers. The Ratio of experienced player to bad player is about the same no matter which profession, but because more people play Rangers, you see more bad Rangers.

in Ranger

Posted by: solrik.6028

solrik.6028

Or necros fear mark.

Remedy a skill issue by nerf?

in Ranger

Devildoc.6721

Or necros fear mark.

Remedy a skill issue by nerf?

Well, not necessarily a nerf. If it stunned or knocked DOWN or immobilized it still works for keeping an enemy that is closing distance off of you, but without the ability to reposition, which is what really bad rangers who pollute public landscape zones hinder everyone else with.

Trust me if I could ban every ranger from appearing on my map as a commander I’d spend real $$ to get the gems to trade in for the gold to do it, I wouldn’t farm 300g I’d hand anet money for making my dream come true.. but since that’s not an option and the type of player I’m thinking is doing this NEVER get better… so relying on player skill improving isn’t going to happen for years..

Changing skill behavior is probably the best option for everyone else. I don’t know what it is about the ranger class that attracts these players but it happens in every MMO, the archer class attracts a disproportionate amount of bad players

That is not saying that everyone who picks ranger is a bad player, I assume most of you on the forums know what you’re doing. The players I’m talking about don’t even pay attention to chat or whispers, much less the forums.

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

It’s not that they attract a disproportionate number of bad players. They attract a disproportionate number of players, period. And the answer isn’t to nerf something due to your misfortune of playing with strangers. The solution is to educate those you play with or play with better players. Like I said above.

in Ranger

Zenos Osgorma.2936

the KD and immobilized method may work if your the type of ranger that just stands still spamming with a burst build , where in Real Lb builds the Push back is need for Kiting , Avoid Aoe circles and backing away isn’t always a option.

sometimes you have to move forward to avoid these high damage aoes and to create space you need that Pbs.

i’d rather Educate New rangers rather than try to change a skill that is working fine.
you know some Ranger guildies that you know are new to rangers , don’t be afraid to correct them with Contructive Advise (not the Abusive talk What the hell why did you knock them back Trash talk)

your last sentence:
That is not saying that everyone who picks ranger is a bad player, I assume most of you on the forums know what you’re doing. The players I’m talking about don’t even pay attention to chat or whispers, much less the forums.

this applies to all people that play don’t have guilds/parties and just want to play the game how they want casualy , Can’t do much about it sorry.

in Ranger

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

As a troll post this thread definitely serves its prupose. There are far too many players out there facerolling their keyboard.

in Ranger

Devildoc.6721

It’s not that they attract a disproportionate number of bad players. They attract a disproportionate number of players, period. And the answer isn’t to nerf something due to your misfortune of playing with strangers. The solution is to educate those you play with or play with better players. Like I said above.

You don’t get to choose who is on landscape maps with you or in public instances like Mad King’s Labyrinth.

There is no “play with better rangers” choice there. You have bad rangers who disrupt play for everyone around them, and no way to vote kick them off the map.

I already solve my problems with rangers in organized groups: I refuse to group with rangers except a few people I’ve known for awhile.

I need a solution to eliminate the disruptions of bad rangers in places where I can’t just kill them or kick them out.

and I wouldn’t say there are more rangers than any other class out there, there are always plenty of warriors from what I see anyway.

I suppose I’d need an infographic on that, but most the time I see a ranger, they’re bad and disruptive to all the other players around them.

For an example, during Mad King’s Labyrinth, the commander had us at a corner to LoS the Lich so that we could line of sight him and pull him to an advantageous position. The first command the commander said was for rangers to dismiss their pets (since they were out of combat they could do this until they got put in combat). The rangers failed to do this, there were 5 of them, all of them had their pets out, they ran up to the lich and engaged him in combat, preventing the lich from running to where we needed him to be and could control his adds. As we’re there in combat with the lich not in position, and we’re waiting for bad rangers to get control of their pets or their pets die, the lich continuously does his aoe. Most people dodge. Bad Rangers get knocked down, and spawn skeletons, the skeletons start picking people apart while we’re trying to get control of the situation.

By the time the lich gets into position, people have been downed enough times that they are red, and it’s essentially a wipe.

(edited by Devildoc.6721)

in Ranger

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

You don’t get to choose who is on landscape maps with you or in public instances like Mad King’s Labyrinth.

There is no “play with better rangers” choice there. You have bad rangers who disrupt play for everyone around them, and no way to vote kick them off the map.

I already solve my problems with rangers in organized groups: I refuse to group with rangers except a few people I’ve known for awhile.

I need a solution to eliminate the disruptions of bad rangers in places where I can’t just kill them or kick them out.

and I wouldn’t say there are more rangers than any other class out there, there are always plenty of warriors from what I see anyway.

I suppose I’d need an infographic on that, but most the time I see a ranger, they’re bad and disruptive to all the other players around them.

For an example, during Mad King’s Labyrinth, the commander had us at a corner to LoS the Lich so that we could line of sight him and pull him to an advantageous position. The first command the commander said was for rangers to dismiss their pets (since they were out of combat they could do this until they got put in combat). The rangers failed to do this, there were 5 of them, all of them had their pets out, they ran up to the lich and engaged him in combat, preventing the lich from running to where we needed him to be and could control his adds. As we’re there in combat with the lich not in position, and we’re waiting for bad rangers to get control of their pets or their pets die, the lich continuously does his aoe. Most people dodge. Bad Rangers get knocked down, and spawn skeletons, the skeletons start picking people apart while we’re trying to get control of the situation.

By the time the lich gets into position, people have been downed enough times that they are red, and it’s essentially a wipe.

Clearly the commander (and you) don’t know how to fight lich.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in Ranger

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Clearly the commander (and you) don’t know how to fight lich.

Suck it up and tell the rangers not to use Point blank shot while Stacking vs big bosses.

and do it Politely , some should listen but if you do it Rudely they will most likey Troll you to hell and back.

if you are one of the PvE commanders during these events do the same But be kitten Polite about it.

oh ya if a ranger gets put in combat , it doesn’t stay deactivated it will reactivate itself .

its better to ask Rangers to use Ranged pets only so when they swap pets , they will be in the corner with the ranger, rather than on the edge in the sight of the lich and the ranged pets count as projectiles and contribute to healing blood wells and Projectile healing.

(edited by Zenos Osgorma.2936)

in Ranger

Posted by: Pino.5209

Pino.5209

During last labyrinth event, i was in an instance where i was the only ranger, surprisingly.
There were lots of knockback, automatically ppl are accusing the only ranger there. Without even looking that i have The Dreamer (2ndary axe/axe) equipped shooting rainbows lol. It was the 4 engis with their flamethrower face rolling through their skills.

The warrior who started accusing me ended up pretty embarrassed after i pointed out it was the engi, lol.

Noob knockbackers are not limited to ranger class only, that’s a fact.
Go play low level fractal pug and you’ll find guardian hammer knock back frenzy.
In dungeons, noob engi will use explosive barrel knock back during stacking.
Pointing finger at ranger for this is typical stereotyping attitude.

in Ranger

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Are you really asking for a nerf because it makes PvE too hard? Maybe the problem is this games PvE is so brain dead easy that people don’t have to think about what skill they are using, they just jump in the blob and spam skills.

And yes this would be a huge nerf to the skill in both PvP and WvW where you actually have to think about what buttons you are pressing. As others have said this isn’t just a ranger issue, try playing with a terrormancer or an engi using rifle, toolkit, flame thrower, or big old bomb. Those professions combos require them to move the enemy around and they do it consistently.

A more valid complaint would be the level up knockback. Nothing worse then being knocked off the side of a cliff when the guys you are in the process of stomping levels up.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in Ranger

Devildoc.6721

Are you really asking for a nerf because it makes PvE too hard? Maybe the problem is this games PvE is so brain dead easy that people don’t have to think about what skill they are using, they just jump in the blob and spam skills.

And yes this would be a huge nerf to the skill in both PvP and WvW where you actually have to think about what buttons you are pressing. As others have said this isn’t just a ranger issue, try playing with a terrormancer or an engi using rifle, toolkit, flame thrower, or big old bomb. Those professions combos require them to move the enemy around and they do it consistently.

A more valid complaint would be the level up knockback. Nothing worse then being knocked off the side of a cliff when the guys you are in the process of stomping levels up.

Not hard, just they’re being disruptive to play.

in Ranger

Jim Hunter.6821

Along with a kitten ton of people playing other professions. Honestly I don’t know why I even responded to this troll thread. You are clearly biased against rangers and there is nothing worth discussing here.

LGN

in Ranger

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

Along with a kitten ton of people playing other professions. Honestly I don’t know why I even responded to this troll thread. You are clearly biased against rangers and there is nothing worth discussing here.

You could always just knock him back with your LB #4, that should show him!

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

in Ranger

Posted by: Zoef.2761

Zoef.2761

Why do we even pay attention to this kind of nonsense?

in Ranger

Posted by: Antimidation.6304

Antimidation.6304

I refuse to be nurfed simply because you run into unskilled players…..sorry but this is special pleading. I’ve ran into both rangers who use it properly and ranger who do not. Lets look at it more logically….it does not have knock back capability on mobs champion and above, these are the fights that you should care about….not basing your frustration off some people who need to learn their rangers more on some regular or veteran mobs.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

Honestly it is pretty annoying when you have fields down and the mob gets knocked out for no apparent reason other than an itchy #4 finger. But I dont pve much so I almost forget. Most longbow rangers dont understand the consequences it has because it doesnt affect their play.

As a suggestion, it might help if it didnt push back if the mob was immobilized, just knocked down, would save a lot of grief. Think everyone wins then.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

Honestly though? I’ll take an immobilize on 4. If people were crying before with just the knockback and Rapid Fire, imagine the flow of tears when you can immobilize on demand instead of the puny offensive capability that the short duration knockback has in comparison.

Immobilize is currently the most frustrating game mechanic (ever since the allowance of immobilize stacking) in PvP. Put it on a weaponset with Rapid Fire? Now the only way the opponent can mitigate you is to dodge immobilize AND Rapid Fire EVERY time, or get hit by 1. If they eat the immobilize, then now they have to burn a cooldown and dodge and the amount of pressure about becomes much more insane. At least now if you eat the Knockback, you can still get up and dodge ~half the Rapid Fire.

Otherwise, we should probably stop pretending that the game is balanced around PvE. If that were the case, then the pet and AI mechanics in the game would have either been designed around in regards to content or redesigned to compensate for their multiple inefficiencies in difficult content.

Among many many many other things. But since 99% of PvE is just DPS to the point where the “most efficient” way to PvE is to maximize DPS with one gear and one build, it’s highly unlikely than anything will ever be rebalanced because it affects PvE until that major issue (which is linear gameplay and gameplay encounters that don’t challenge players enough to leave their comfort zones and/or do not make mechanics other than all out direct damage more efficient) gets addressed (unless it hurts the economy because economy>all. See John Smith and his multiple posts about how awesome the GW2 economics are while the rest of the game is arguably lacking).

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

(edited by jcbroe.4329)

in Ranger

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Let me get that. So you want to nerf the Longbow in sPvP so that noobs don’t annoy you in PvE?

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Ranger

Devildoc.6721

Let me get that. So you want to nerf the Longbow in sPvP so that noobs don’t annoy you in PvE?

Considering it happens at least 2 dozen times a day every day, yes.

I can guarantee it happens at every single event, some boneheaded ranger using LB4 inappropriately.

Ever hear of idiotproofing?

Well, we need that.

in Ranger

Jim Hunter.6821

I’d like to remove pve from the game. The ai is terrible and it is breeding garbage players. Anet please remove pve and focus on pvp and WvW. Maybe you’ll have time to make some new types of pvp since you won’t have to spend so much time on the living grindfest.

LGN

in Ranger

Thaddeus.4891

I can guarantee it happens at every single event, some boneheaded ranger using LB4 inappropriately.

Well, we need that.

I’m using the skill 4 about 10 times during a game of 8 minutes in sPvP. If you don’t like ranger, ask for no Ranger in your lfg. Oh but I also hate when a Necromancer use fear or have minions. We should remove that too. Ya but sometime the guardian do banish with the hammer, we should remove that too. But I hate when thief scorpion wire, that too should be remove no?

in Ranger

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

Constructive post is constructive.

Attachments:

(edited by HHR LostProphet.4801)

in Ranger

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

“When in doubt, blame a ranger”

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in Ranger

Devildoc.6721

Well, we need that.

I’m using the skill 4 about 10 times during a game of 8 minutes in sPvP. If you don’t like ranger, ask for no Ranger in your lfg. Oh but I also hate when a Necromancer use fear or have minions. We should remove that too. Ya but sometime the guardian do banish with the hammer, we should remove that too. But I hate when thief scorpion wire, that too should be remove no?

If I could ban rangers from landscape zones I really would.

Can’t happen and never going to happen.

So best I can hope for is idiot proofing the offensive skill by changing it to an immobilize, which would still be powerful in PVP.

in Ranger

Jim Hunter.6821

Well, we need that.

So best I can hope for is idiot proofing the offensive skill by changing it to an immobilize, which would still be powerful in PVP.

I wish I could ban all whiny kittenes from the forum

LGN

in Ranger

Thaddeus.4891

Well, we need that.

No it wouldn’t. We already have immobilize. But skill 4 LB is our only knock back. Precious to stop someone for stomping a team-mate. Get over yourself or don’t play with ranger.

in Ranger

Posted by: Whitematter.5784

Whitematter.5784

Teach them? I think this is a great part of a MMO is the community and you are kind of preaching to the choir here, anyone who reads the forums probably care enough to learn about this. Next time you see this just let them know in a friendly matter. They will listen, if nothing changes, just kick. I will queue up and join ya!

~Ter Adun (Ranger)