Looking for A Ranger Perspective

in Ranger

Posted by: Bas.7406

Bas.7406

Evening Ladies and Gentlemen of the Ranger world, my name is Bas and I am the host of the GW2 Podcast But of Corpse. We are looking for a Ranger who would be the right guy to appear on the Podcast to talk about how Necros are viewed from a Ranger point of view.

We are also looking at opening up a Ranger Focused Podcast in the near future. You can check out some of our podcasts here: http://sittingonacouch.com/category/gaming/

Is there anyone on the forums regularly or in game who the majority of the Ranger players respect and would be willing to talk with us? Is there anyone in particular you would like to hear talk in depth about the Ranger (No I cannot get John Peters :P)

in Ranger

Bas.7406

Only warriors and rangers we haven’t heard from ;p

in Ranger

Posted by: xev.9476

xev.9476

perhaps nerva or xsorus

in Ranger

Bas.7406

It looks like we are closing in on a start date for the Ranger Focused Podcast. We still are coming up with a name like Necro’s But of Corpse, but we have a few possible hosts, and are working on lining up some guests.

Hopefully we can launch it with the Mesmer and Guardian Focused Podcasts on the first week of April. All feedback is appreciated.

in Ranger

Posted by: Pedra.4381

Pedra.4381

It looks like we are closing in on a start date for the Ranger Focused Podcast. We still are coming up with a name like Necro’s But of Corpse, but we have a few possible hosts, and are working on lining up some guests.

Hopefully we can launch it with the Mesmer and Guardian Focused Podcasts on the first week of April. All feedback is appreciated.

Ranger should most definitely be on April 1st.

JonPeters.5630:]I do still believe ranger is the profession in most need of improvement…

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

I would look for a pvp ranger and not a one of the pve or wve rangers mentioned. They have more experience with necros. In general, I like to think of them as a walking bucket of health. All they have are 2 dodges then they are just sponges. Shoot em up.

in Ranger

Bas.7406

For the Cross profession you are correct Eurantien, but for hosting, I would prefer someone who plays all facets.

in Ranger

Posted by: Avathor.1849

Avathor.1849

As for ranger vs necro then the only way a necro can possibly kill me in pvp is if my skills is on recharge from another fight, he has tons of condi dmg and he gets lucky and manages to fear me just as i try to heal. Other then that they are dead.
Sometimes i even stand in their deathshroud and laugh for a while, giving them hope lol.

I play ranger and in all the games facets; WwW, spvp, tpvp, pve and whatever. And i do reasonably well.
But i dont really have much to say other then that rangers are very nice in pve, decent in dungeons, alright in www and half broken but still not completely failed in pvp (mostly cause the bow is like aiming with a garden hose, we dont really have condi removal or decent traits. And if we get chased by someone there is only a matter of time before your dead.. no decent getaway methods.).

The rangers role, clasically and in GW original, is to be able to roam excited around. Cure conditions on himself, hide a little bit and use poison, bleeding and pew pew to kill.
In GW2 everyone is roamers. Thats how the game is constructed. So the classical role is split with everyone. We dont have burst-speed to cap points, like eles, mesmers or thieves. Our dmg is so so. Our elites SUCKS. And yea.. thats how it is.

Rangers sucks at melee, thats how it is. Even if we can do double dmg with the greatsword it still sucks. We cant move fluently with melee, so forget about it already.

Please feel free to ask questions though.