Looking for a good build to unlock druid

in Ranger

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Hi all,

I enjoy playing druid in pvp, and I would like to play it in WvW as well. To this end, could you please give me tips on how to build for open world HoT content? I’ve never played my ranger in pve before, and the pve builds on metabattle are only dungeon/raid oriented. Thanks a lot!

in Ranger

Posted by: NemesiS.6749

NemesiS.6749

Well to be honest anything works in open world PvE so if i were you, what i always do is go with a build that works mostly for fractals/raids (even tho i dont raid) and then in open world it would be ok since like i said anything works. I always try for a build that could work in everything because ascended gear is not cheap and i wont make another set. So my ranger is zerker and i use it for open world, in fractals it will work, on raids probably also i think there is an offensive healer build and for wvw well it works i suppose. I am thinking of changing my stats to zealot which can work also on many things, i think even for raids but i am no expert there.

(edited by NemesiS.6749)

in Ranger

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Play as you like but prioritize getting every hero point you can, as fast as you can. You need to grind PvE. Your build matters a lot less than your travel time from one hero point to another so build for speed.

Pull up maps on another monitor, if you can, and run. You do not need to complete the map, just grab hero points.

You will need to grind xp, though. Add events and personal story using consumables and an xp booster.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Play as you like but prioritize getting every hero point you can, as fast as you can. You need to grind PvE. Your build matters a lot less than your travel time from one hero point to another so build for speed.

Pull up maps on another monitor, if you can, and run. You do not need to complete the map, just grab hero points.

You will need to grind xp, though. Add events and personal story using consumables and an xp booster.

I have unlocked 4 other elite specs already, so I have enough masteries unlock to go anywhere. I’ll just grab my zerker LB/GS build then and run like the wind! Thank you both for your advice.

in Ranger

Posted by: kraken.1926

kraken.1926

Just do what I did for four of my toons. Log into verdant or auric basin and check for a Hp Zerg preferably with a tagged commander. On my ranger I got my Druid unlocked in under two hours this way.

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Just wvw and buy druid unlock after a couple sessions with those new tokens.