Looking for a sPVP build with LB.

in Ranger

Posted by: Neverminder.3296

Neverminder.3296

I pretty much just have a Ranger to sPvP with when I’m bored, and as such, don’t really feel like running GS. Can someone give me a LB build? I tried a SB Spirit build and didn’t really enjoy it.

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I could give you one, how glassy do you want to be?

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

I could give you one, how glassy do you want to be?

Very glassy imo. I don’t mind being roflstomp.

Pineapples

in Ranger

Posted by: Pvt Frosty.6973

Pvt Frosty.6973

I’d play around with some 30 30 10 0 0 or 30 20 20 0 0 or 20 30 20 0 0 or even 20 20 30 0 0depending on what suits your playstyle.

Just Filthy Kasuals – Bowscoooped!
YouTube / Twitch

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

I’m a huge fan of 20/20/10/0/20, sure it has no grandmaster trait but pair that with zerker armor, a longbow with Sigil of ice, a frost trap, and some runes of speed for roaming or runes of scholar for killing and you become VERY difficult to get a hold of, and your pet will be a bit more than a nuisance with 20 in BM + the might and vigor you’ll get from swapping pets.

I’ll put up a link the the full build when I get back home.

in Ranger

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

I am new to ranger so maybe this is a good topic for me to get advice about the build I made today in spvp.

I went 30/20/20 with Longbow/Greatsword, sigils of fire. I got both longbow traits, signet mastery(mainly for signet of stone), and -20% greatsword cooldowns.

I am using zerker amulet, with divinity runes. This gives me nice power, 48% crit before fury, and 2500 armor, 19000 HP, which isnt too shabby.

I mainly use signet of stone, signet of.. (the condition clear one), and protect me.

My goal with the build is to have two high power damage weapons, both with nice defensive skills(stealth, blocking, two cc’s), with lower cds on them, and mix high offense with some decent armor/hp and have protect me/sig of stone to bail me out of situations.

I have only played a handful of matches with it, and so far it seems my main glaring weakness is conditions… Other than my 60 second cd condition clear signet, I only have healing spring to clear condi’s, and it really makes me feel like I have no chance vs good Necro’s/mes/engies.

I was looking through the traits and it seems the only real way to get condition removal is to go 30 into vitality line, which would mess up my build so… yeah.

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

I am new to ranger so maybe this is a good topic for me to get advice about the build I made today in spvp.

I went 30/20/20 with Longbow/Greatsword, sigils of fire. I got both longbow traits, signet mastery(mainly for signet of stone), and -20% greatsword cooldowns.

I am using zerker amulet, with divinity runes. This gives me nice power, 48% crit before fury, and 2500 armor, 19000 HP, which isnt too shabby.

I mainly use signet of stone, signet of.. (the condition clear one), and protect me.

My goal with the build is to have two high power damage weapons, both with nice defensive skills(stealth, blocking, two cc’s), with lower cds on them, and mix high offense with some decent armor/hp and have protect me/sig of stone to bail me out of situations.

I have only played a handful of matches with it, and so far it seems my main glaring weakness is conditions… Other than my 60 second cd condition clear signet, I only have healing spring to clear condi’s, and it really makes me feel like I have no chance vs good Necro’s/mes/engies.

I was looking through the traits and it seems the only real way to get condition removal is to go 30 into vitality line, which would mess up my build so… yeah.

Every big condi burst skill is like any direct damage burst, you can deny the entire thing with a single dodge/evade, learn what they are, what to look for, and dodge it and you should have little to no issue vs them.

Also, keep in mind that you don’t wanna activate sig of renewal unless you REALLY need it because you lose the passive condi removal/10s when it’s on CD.

Btw, what pets are you using?

in Ranger

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

Every big condi burst skill is like any direct damage burst, you can deny the entire thing with a single dodge/evade, learn what they are, what to look for, and dodge it and you should have little to no issue vs them.

Also, keep in mind that you don’t wanna activate sig of renewal unless you REALLY need it because you lose the passive condi removal/10s when it’s on CD.

Btw, what pets are you using?

After looking at the pet skills I decided to use spider for double roots, and fern hound for regen boon since my build doesnt have any.

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

in Ranger

Posted by: Valentin.2073

Valentin.2073

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMAQJATVjIVF2BWSWs2Bg1j96bQ2DDRkRXBRvYlTmA-TwAg0CnIoSRljKDVSqsbNIYRwhgHBA

this is my double bow glassy build. it’s a lot of fun playing it, IMO.

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I